Hardy's Might be Back Sooner Than Later

Navi

With the safety off!!
Main page is reporting that Matt and Jeff Hardy have been offered contracts by the WWE. Right now both are under short term contracts to ROH. They will be defending the ROH tag titles in Lakeland, Florida on Wrestlemania weekend, against the Young Bucks.

No details yet on when the Hardy's will be free to come back to the WWE, or if they will be allowed to use the "Broken Matt Hardy" gimmick. Apparently TNA has put out a cease and desist order against him using it.

But that's great news for a Hardy fan like myself. Been waiting for Jeff to come back for a long time. Should be a great pop when their music hits.

Can't say I'm surprised they've been offered contracts, though it's important to understand that they've been offered.

The current legal action with TNA basically seals the deal on wether or not we see full on Broken Matt. WWE won't risk a lawsuit with a company who considers them a competitor just to bring a character.

WWE will see the marketability in Team Extreme Hardys first, though they will not be able to avoid delete or obsolete chants.

When the Hardys return, we'll see characters that are both the Broken Hardys plus the more traditional Hardys. They might as well work in delete chants, because they'll be all over the Hardys like a CM Punk chant on Stephanie.

Hopefully WWE offered them a lighter schedule. Matt and Jeff are former addicts and it will be better for everyone involved if they work a lighter schedule. If they aren't offered a lighter schedule, I can't see them signing for longer than a year.

Great to hear they were offered contracts, hopefully they're to everyone's benefit including the fans. Are the Hardys on any kind of no compete with TNA? I know they're in ROH right now, but I'm not sure the details.

How crazy would if be if they returned at Mania instead of the night after?

Would love this to happen. Smackdown needs another team but it's probably best for Raw to have them. They at least have teams that could benefit with Hardys being on the roster, were as on Smackdown they are the team along with American Alpha. Plus then you can't have each guy feud respectively with a top guy. Jeff and Seth rollins would be cool. I think Cesaro could get a good match out of Matt. Jeff and Sami would be awesome. It's good news.

I'm guessing Hardys lose the belts next weekend and debut on their respective brand the week after Mania which is in two weeks as well.

I'd love them to return for one last run. They're shoe ins for the hall of fame. Give them a one/two year run and then induct them.

I'm pretty sure that Matt owns all the Broken gimmick as it was his idea and he was coming up with the majority if not all the ideas behind that story line, it would be interesting to see what WWE would do with the whole story line.

The "Broken" stuff is dead. I can't imagine Vince wanting anything to do with that.

I think it's a good idea. I can see this starting out in the same fashion in which they used the Dudleys, but I think Jeff will be so over he'll eventually have a singles run. With him being sober, that could be fun.

Awesome news!!!

Like most i have been waiting for their return for many years. I was surprised that American Alpha dropped the Smack Down Tag Titles so soon before Wrestlemania, maybe the plan is the have the returning Hardyz capture the titles at the Smackdown PPV after mania?

I also think they both could have one last singles run in them also so if WWE can get them in for two years that would be brilliant!

Awesome news!!!

Like most i have been waiting for their return for many years. I was surprised that American Alpha dropped the Smack Down Tag Titles so soon before Wrestlemania, maybe the plan is the have the returning Hardyz capture the titles at the Smackdown PPV after mania?

I also think they both could have one last singles run in them also so if WWE can get them in for two years that would be brilliant!

I was thinking that myself. Aren't they on some kind of quest to capture all the gold. Don't think Vince would get involved with that, but anything that brings the Hardy's back to the WWE, I'm in for long run.

So many questions. If? When? How are they used is the big one? There are so many options for these two. My brain is telling me they either come back as their old Team Extreme or singles guys with Jeff as a pretty featured guy on Raw and Matt working the low card on SD. There is probably some decent money in some Jeff feuds and matches. Matt not so much, as a tag team they will get some attention but I don't see Vince seeing a ton of money in that. My heart says they give the broken thing a shot. WWE's lawyers and big pocket book could make this Anthem problem go away quickly. But I doubt Vince cares about the broken gimmick enough.

Who knows though? All I know is that there is a place for them to freshen up the tag scene and Jeff can still sell some tickets.

How long til Jeff fails his first Wellness Policy test? Hope he's clean now, but once he gets back on the road, his demons may return.

TNA might be able to keep Matt from saying "Wonderful!" all the time, but they can't stop the crowd from doing the "DELETE!" chant. Matt and Jeff could just come out in their street clothes and behave normally, and the crowd would still exitedly spam the "DELETE!" chant.

Maybe make NXT yet another stop on their apparent rampage of the indy scene, just to further excite the crowd there and maybe grant more notoriety to their tag teams. Let them be singles competitors on either show while they're still white hot on NXT, and I don't see how this could go wrong.

I won't be as excited as I should be if there's no Broken Matt Hardy.

I know that Hardyz are involved in a legal battle about the gimmick. And I hope that WWE could get Broken Matt Hardy.

I don't know about others but Broken Matt Hardy is the only gimmick of Matt Hardy that has me interested in his career. Never had Matt interested me more than Jeff in his entire career and now that he has evolved, I would love to see his best work at a bigger platform like WWE.

I personally will be disappointed with nothing related to Broken Matt. No doubt Hardyz are a good tag team but Broken stuff is too useful to miss.

I'd rather they came back as seperate characters instead of a tag team. Jeff and Matt Hardy have evolved past tag team wrestling IMO. Matt has the creative spark to invent any crazy gimmick and make it work in WWE. He could even tweak the Broken Matt Hardy with a slightly different name just to piss off TNA. Like The Deleter Matt Hardy or something. Not sure if he's allowed to use Broken Matt Hardy or not.

Jeff Hardy should come back as a full fledged face for Monday Night Raw. Regardless of what kind of shake up happens after Wrestlemania, Jeff Hardy would have to be a superface on RAW to bring some interest back to the flagship program. IMO, SD Live has been kicking RAW's ass in creativity and overall watchability in months. RAW has been putting people to sleep and it needs some excitement.

After their careers are over, give the lads a seat at the creative table. Guy's certainly have a knack for thinking outside the box.

For 8 (more like 7 and a half) years I've been impatiently waiting for Jeff Hardy to return to WWE. When he left he was the single most popular wrestler in the industry and on top of the world. While I never cared for Matt's singles runs, I have no problem giving credit where credit is due and will happily admit that Matt has developed a very powerful following outside of WWE. I was at the ROH Manhattan Mayhem show that saw the Hardys debut and win the belts and let me tell you the building was electric and those DELETE chants were louder than any other chant all night.

I think they'd be most valuable as two separate entities - Jeff has never had a problem staying over as a singles star and Matt seems to be performing at a higher level than ever. Regardless if they come back as a team or as singles guys though I will definitely be tuning in to see them and I am fully expecting to be absolutely entertained. These are 2 hall of fame talents coming back and there is always value in bringing back legends (just ask Goldberg)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back