Heels are pathetic now

StunningBlackMamba24

Savior of Unwashed IWC\\\\
Has anyone else noticed how bad the WWE has made its heels look? I remmeber back then there used to be a decent amount of balance when it comes to heels or faces winning matches. For example this past Friday night on smackdown 6 man tag with big e Mysterio Bryan vs Ziggler Nakamura and Zayn. Ziggler Nakamura and Zayn are huge stars, yet they got buried easily by the other team. The tribute to the troops match the face team destroyed the heel team, and for the last year I’ve seen the same thing with all the faces making the heels look weak. Does anyone else see this? The last time I remmeber heels winning a tag match like that was when Orton Ziggler and Roode won a match few months back. And I also feel WWE should have Ziggler Nakamura and cesaro revert back to faces because at least then they were booked strong.

Have you been a wwe fans for long because if your were, i would have known that WWE as always been a babyfaces company. Unless you are in the main event pictures like reigns, strowman, rollins and orton just to name these guys, you will be lose most of your matches as a heel. That's been the way wwe have booked their heels since even before vince jr took over the company from his dad.

As far as tribute to the troops is concern, it's pretty much a glorifiied house show type of booking, it meant to make people happy and that what they are doing with letting the faces win because that's what that audience want to see. That's the old school still of booking.

Let's face it, zayn is a star, will he ever be a top star, no he won't because even through he's great at his role and one of the most over heel they have, he's not going to be believable as a main event caliber star. Ziggler is what i like tp call a plumber, he's a great talent that going to make anybody look like a million bucks but that's pretty much it. He's pretty much this generation's Mr. Perfect. As for nakamura, they tried to push him as a top star and it didn't work, then they tried again as a heel and it didn't stick, they're just something about him that casual fans just don't get and it did hurt his career a little bit.

In the end, the role of the heel is to make the face look good, that's the whole point of a heel especially in the midcard. I think the only problem they have today with how they booked heel is that way to often, they lose clean. They could benefit from going back to making them lose by nefarious means more often, especially on tv and that goes for AEW and other promotions as well. The product is way to clean right now, nobody is taking chance anymore and it's hurting the business as a whole.

Have you been a wwe fans for long because if your were, i would have known that WWE as always been a babyfaces company. Unless you are in the main event pictures like reigns, strowman, rollins and orton just to name these guys, you will be lose most of your matches as a heel. That's been the way wwe have booked their heels since even before vince jr took over the company from his dad.

As far as tribute to the troops is concern, it's pretty much a glorifiied house show type of booking, it meant to make people happy and that what they are doing with letting the faces win because that's what that audience want to see. That's the old school still of booking.

Let's face it, zayn is a star, will he ever be a top star, no he won't because even through he's great at his role and one of the most over heel they have, he's not going to be believable as a main event caliber star. Ziggler is what i like tp call a plumber, he's a great talent that going to make anybody look like a million bucks but that's pretty much it. He's pretty much this generation's Mr. Perfect. As for nakamura, they tried to push him as a top star and it didn't work, then they tried again as a heel and it didn't stick, they're just something about him that casual fans just don't get and it did hurt his career a little bit.

In the end, the role of the heel is to make the face look good, that's the whole point of a heel especially in the midcard. I think the only problem they have today with how they booked heel is that way to often, they lose clean. They could benefit from going back to making them lose by nefarious means more often, especially on tv and that goes for AEW and other promotions as well. The product is way to clean right now, nobody is taking chance anymore and it's hurting the business as a whole.

I guess that you do have a fair point, but another example I’m seeing here is for example the street profits and the new day have practically buried every heel team they’ve ever faced. It’s nice to see once in a while a heel who isn’t a monster or anything dominate. Would nice to see Bobby Rooode winning some matches. Even baron corbin has been losing a lot of matches this year

yeah i know but when i started watching wrestling during the golden era, it was the same thing. Dibiase wasn't winning a lot of matches, so was Andre the giant and other heels as well. It's just that back then i feel i was done better because the product wasn't over expose like it is today. I don't see them losing a lot as them being buried, i just see this as WWE being a strong babyface company and the heels not being as important as the face. Heck, the MITB briefcase is with a guy that pretty much didn't win a match in 2020, so that's telling you how much Heels are important in WWE.

For a while Smackdown was nearly always the show where the main event is so e sort of tag-team match with the faces winning, it sends the fans home happy and ends the wrestling week barring PPV with the faces on top.

The problem is probably a booking one, unless you are a well over, top heel like Randy Orton or The Fiend or a title holder, the chances are you are going to take the fall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back