Heyman in charge of raw and bischoff in charge of smackdown. Fells like where back in the attitude e

Psykohurricane55

Staff member
So it was just reported that paul heyman as been name producer for raw and bischoff will be the producer of smackdown. Both will report directly to vince.

This feel more like vince not wanted to deal with tv execs and just delegate that job to somebody else which is what these guys are good at. They know what tv execs wants out of a tv show and will give both show a different feel. I wouldn't be surprise if this meant that the wildcard rules will be discontinued by the time the new tv deals are done for.

But i also see this as a step backward by hiring 2 guys that had they best days in the 90's. Anyway, we will see how this will change the product when this come to effect

I'm hoping they took these jobs with some stipulations regarding major creative control. Sure, Vince let's people run with ideas that work, like R-Truth's comedy skits we've been seeing for awhile now, but he also inserts extremely stupid ideas as well (examples aplenty). My biggest hope (besides less scripted promos, which will never go away) is that they change the booking style. 50-50 booking and champions losing all the time in non-title matches helps no one.

As for the brand split/wild card rule, I'm guessing if that's going to end, it'll be when Smackdown moves to Fox. We'll have to see.

The report says they won't be on screen figures. We'll see how long that lasts. WWE can't help themselves with heel authority figures annoying everyone all the time. We've been dealing with the McMahons pretty much constantly since Austin/Vince. I lump HHH in with them, because he pretty much is one.

WWE hiring these 2 is a smart move - Heyman still have alot of ideas, and knows how to make mostly any guy feel like a big deal. Bischoff knows how to deal with big networks and their shenanigans, thought he was many years away from wrestling, he produced enough network shows and dealt with them since back in WCW days.
So Vince can leave it to Heyman to make new stars and leave it to Bischoff to deal with FOX.

Now Heyman need some strong mouthpiece for networks execs, i think this is where Triple H can be used.
And Bischoff need someone to help with booking, who, you know can right a good show, and this is where i think, whoever is NXT lead writers (Joe Belcastro and Dave Kapoor?) need to be promoted and used.

As for NXT - SD lead writers (Road Dogg + Bryan Ward) can be used there, i think under HHH instead of Vince they can do a good job.

I'm not sure how much Heyman put his stamp on Raw last night but I enjoyed much of what I saw. The big man spot was cool. I could almost see the two tagging together in the near future. The 24/7 stuff was fun. I like what they are doing with the Vikings and Joe. The Rollins/Becky stuff was ok, the Corbin/Evans stuff was about as good as you can expect. She gives him and their match a little bit of heat (maybe). The Maria/pregnancy stuff was fun trash and something I want to see move forward. Bliss-Cross (did I just create their tag name?) was fine. I find myself giving a shit about the UT for the first time in years. The lead up to the main event was good, the main event itself was very good, and the heel turn has me interested in the future.

Raw is still too long but DVR, and 100's of other things to entertain me make getting through it pretty cool.

Btw, if anyone actually reads this and can explain "you can have my hot Asian wife", please explain. Does he have a hot Asian wife? Was he offering her up sexually? Is she cool with that? Does AJ have an Asian fetish? Is AJ's wife ok with him competing for favors from other's wives? The comment made little sense, it just made me glad my kids were not in the room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back