Back To The Desert

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Not that anyone really expected it to be otherwise, WWE's deal with Saudi Arabia is showing no signs of ending. According to reports, WWE has dates booked for shows in May and November of 2019; details such as the actual dates, the venue the dates will be held in and whether or not the shows will be heavily featured during WWE broadcasts aren't mentioned at this time.

So, let WWE's headache start all over again in the post WrestleMania season of 2019. Since the business deal with the Saudi government was first announced, WWE has gotten a shitstorm of bad press both nationally and internationally. I'm at the point where I don't give a shit if they have the shows or don't have the shows, I just don't want them built up on TV because the end result most definitely wasn't worth some of the truly awful TV of Raw especially. At times, they were trying to use Raw and SmackDown to build up three different shows within a 5 to 6 week period and it was just a chore to try and sit through. To make things worse, the Greatest Royal Rumble and Crown Jewel were both shit shows with quality less than that of your average house show.

Personally i never really saw what the big deal was with them dealing with Saudi arabia, mostly because i don't like to mix politics with my entertainment. I even bought the greatest royal rumble on DVD because i actually like the event and i don't like watching event over the internet since we can't use the on demand service of the WWE network on any other device then the home computer or tablet in canada. Anyway, if they are making a good chunk of money with these events good for them, they can use that money to sign new indy stars for the NXT brand and keep the division afloat for another year.

So i say good for them if they want to continue these events, it makes saudi population happy and it makes WWE a ton of money to go and perform for these fans twice a year which is a win win for everybody. Plus let's be realistic for one moment, the more money WWE makes, the more we get what we want in the end because without that saudi money, their no way WWE would have hired all theses Indy stars over the past few years and their no way that all thoses wrestlers on the roster would still have a job in WWE right now.

They've gone out of their way twice now to prove how meaningless their deal is with the Saudis on a narrative level. I don't personally care to waste half of my day with more of that shallowness, especially when we know damn well it is going to put WWE in a bad light. That and the buildup for each event has been about as fun as watching grass grow.

I liked Greatest Royal Rumble but Crown Jewel was one of the worst events they have ever done. I'm talking of December To Dismember levels of awful. I get why some might not want there to be more events held there (without even touching on how disastrous Crown Jewel was), however when it comes down to it the WWE is trying to make more money which they would get with doing these shows. I'm fine with them doing more shows there and will give at least one more of these events a chance. If it's as bad as Crown Jewel at the next one then I likely would need a really good reason to watch future events held there. I watch to be entertained so as long as it's entertaining to me, I'll watch. The WWE make more money and we get more content to watch on the Network. Maybe Strowman can defend that huge green belt he won at the Greatest Royal Rumble that was never seen or heard of again. I dunno, it's an idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back