"Last Time Ever" Lie

d_henderson1810

Mid-Card Championship Winner
I live in Melbourne, Australia and my brother and I went to our first PPV ever, "Super Show-down" last Saturday night. It was awesome!

I remember when I heard that there would be PPVs in Saudi Arabia and Australia this year, and I wondered if I would see as good a card in Melbourne as "Greatest Royal Rumble". It ended up not having as "strong" a card stip wise, but I still enjoyed the show.

However, one thing really disappoints me. The "special match" WWE pushed was the last time Undertaker v Triple H would happen in the ring. Now, I hear that there will be a DX v Brothers Of Destruction match at "Crown Jewel".

It really wasn't a lie since they won't ever wrestled in a one on one situation ever again. So technically it was the last time they will face each other.

Yes, like politicians, musicians, advertisers, and your mom's boyfriends, professional wrestling organizations lie too. I can only think of Michael Jackson and his ironically named This Is It tour that treated fans honestly. If there is money to be made and willing participants, Vince is going to book the match again. The only question will be whether or not it goes on before or after Rock/Cena Thrice in a Lifetime.

I'm sorry for your disappointment.

I think my disappointment comes from the fact that they seemed to keep the "bigger" match (DX v Brothers Of Destruction) for Saudi Arabia.

I would rather had had this match at "Super Show-down" as it involves four past WWE Champions and main eventers, rather than two, and it is also HBK's first match in 8 years.

But then, WWE seem to fall over themselves to please Saudi Arabia with bigger matches.

Well, WWE's position is that it'll probably be the last time they face each other in a one on one match, which is a technicality but WWE is all about exploiting technicalities. If technicalities were a pair of world class tits, WWE would squeeze and pinch 'em until they were swollen and purple.

I can't be upset with WWE for doing what wrestling companies have always done: scam the marks. We may be the "smart" marks, but we still pay our money and devote our time so we may be the biggest marks of all. Numerous wrestlers and wrestling companies have made use of the "last time ever" or "one last time" or retirement matches to draw money and that's ultimately what this was. Terry Funk made a career out of "retiring" and then coming out of "retirement" to draw more money for the card he was on.

DX vs. the BOD is a bigger match all in all because of HBK's return and I'm not at all surprised that WWE is going all out for the Saudi Arabia shows. I mean...c'mon..can you really blame them? They're reportedly paying WWE mid eight figures for each of these shows. It's part of why the "WWE World Cup" is almost certainly going to be comprised mostly of Attitude Era and 2000s stars because those are the wrestlers the crown prince likes most.

I kept rolling my eyes at the whole "Last Time Ever" thing every time it was said onscreen. I liked the match overall, even if it did drag on a lot longer than it should have, but if Wrestlemania 28 wasn't the "last time ever" then there's no way this was going to be either. Just two legends, both of which I have been a fan of for ages, facing each other again. The DX VS Brothers Of Destruction match should end up being real fun too. Sometimes that's all you need to do. Ignore stupid things like "last time ever" stipulations that clearly aren't 100% accurate, and just enjoy the show.

Similar to paying money to see a wrestlers retirement match only for them to return a couple of months later. To be honest it doesn't really bother me as if I'm a fan enough of the person I'm glad to see their comeback anyway.

thats real world being lied to is normal even more so in wrestling how many times have you seen retirment matches and 3 weeks later there back etc for those who have been watching a long time and have a memory that works you would know your lied to on a regualr basis.

It's kind of the same as Cena and Rock. They spent a year bashing us over the head with "Once in a lifetime! Never before, never again!", just to do it again the following year. The dollar will ultimately trump anything else they ever say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back