How about reuniting the superstars for Raw and Smackdown like before?

Doomsday Device

Pre-Show Stalwart
I remember it was around June 2002 when WWE found themselves with so much talent they had to split them in 2 shows. Half for Raw and the other half for Smackdown. This seemed like a good idea for the first few years of this.

Someone else mentioned in another thread that WWE currently does not have enough talent to carry Raw, Smackdown, and ECW successfully.

Its like, if you only want to see Cena, well then you're only going to watch Raw, so screw everything else. If you only want to see CM Punk, well you're just going to watch Smackdown and not care for the other shows. I know not every viewer does this. But a percentage of people do.

I remember when Smackdown first started around 1999. They used to have some storyline going on, and when they went off the air, they used to continue it on Smackdown. This alone would make you watch Smackdown because you wanted to continue where they left off on Raw.

For some time Raw used to be seen as the superior show, not it just sucks like the rest.

They should have the same superstar appear on at least 2 of the 3 shows.

Not just one superstar nailed to the same show on and on.

This would avoid a Cena vs Triple H for the 216th time.

its a good and bad idea. good because it would keep things fresh and have different superstars in the title scene but it would also kill the mid-carders. theres maybe 10 or 12 guys that are legit ME people and title worthy. well you only need two maybe three in the title picture. this would lead to good feuds between the other high calibur wrestlers but the current mid-card would die. there needs to be two or more shows to give all the talent and opportunity to shine. they need two world titles because they have enough top wrestlers to do so.

wwe does do a shit job of having good mic-card feuds. but atleast their there i guess. you should watch both shows because of the storyline's they each have. wwe has plenty of talent for two shows they just need to have some good creative work

I've mentioned my support of that very idea for the same reasons on a few other threads. For me you're spot on I completely agree with bringing it all back together. I understood why they did separate them and as much as I didn't care for it, I can see how it was a good idea.

It's too easy to not care about one of the shows. Good writing could easily fix a lot of the mid card issues. Good writing could very well fix things so they don't have to bring the brands back together. That is probably the issue they should focus on more than anything, write a good story for each show and that will keep the fans happy but yea they're ratings could be alot better if people saw they're favorite people on more that one show. Sure I wouldn't want to have to see Cena or Batista 3 times a week but they're are plenty of people who would, and the trade off would be I can see my guys more often too. I would take that trade in a heart beat.

It does like a good idea in theory for satisfying the avid, loyal wrestling fan. Although I have started reading spoilers more often than watch the shows themselves, I still remain loyal to the WWE. As a fan, I think it would be a nice idea to do. However, this idea for a thread has been done before on many occassions about splitting the brand extension.

There was a reason as to why the brand extension has been implemented. It was to get more superstars the spot light & gain more acquitions so other competing companies can't get there hands on good talent. There are plenty of other reasons like addition of more PPV's that were single-branded to earn more money, expand the business by allowing one brand to tour overseas whilst the other stay in the states where ME stars would perform on both shows without that GOD-AWFUL jet lag & possible deep-vein thrombosis... etc.

If the WWE never had the brand extension, stars like John Morrison & CM Punk would not be anywhere near the Main Event at all & remain in the midcard for a while longer. I can bet that we wouldn't see Triple H vs. John Cena for the 216th time but I can tell you that it would be close to the 50 mark. Still too much over a short period. Oh, did I mention how many more people would be complaining on forums like these that they need to PUSH more stars & have the ME guys like Trips to job to them... a lot more than now...

One possible way which is improbable to me is if you are going to split the brand extension between RAW & SD!, you will need both shows at 3 hours or trade alot of the "unnecessary" or "predicted-to-not-be-used-as-much" talent to ECW, give them a 2 hour time slot & have those guys stay only on ECW. So the end result would equal a roster for RAW & SD! & a roster for ECW... as gives the possibility of merging the 1st tier championships, the womens titles & maybe midcard titles with less stale divisions.

Yes, there are many good brainstorming ideas for splitting this brand extension but there are so many flaws in the plan that with WWE's crack team of implementing huge plans such as these would take a long, long time to figure them all out. Good idea & would solve a lot of problems, but reality says it is improbable. Anywayz... WWE is in a time of rebuilding their company & products that doing this transition won't be happening for a very, very long time. Let's see how well they do with their restructuring of themselves & then we will discuss our options. Trust me, I have plenty of ideas on how to figure this dilly of a pickle out.

Reuniting the shows will not fix the "problem" the WWE has with anything. In case you haven't noticed, the WWE has many, many stars falling into the mix, and aren't able to really shine with all the faces and T.V time everyone needs to get, whilst getting their own. Its nearly impossible. The WWE currently employs 89 total superstars on their roster. If you honestly thing without the 7 hours of T.V time the WWE gets all 89 of these stars can shine, then you're highly mistaken.

If anything they should split the shows further. SmackDown, and Raw should each have their own Pay Per Views, the united Pay Per Views doesn't allow much midcard attention. Nor, does it allow a nice storyline setup. With a Pay Per View split of each of the shows, each show would have 7 weeks to their Pay Per Views, with ECW getting 1-2 matches on each show. This would allow for further devolopment in storylines on Raw programming, and allow the Tag Team Division, The Divas, and the lower midcard to get some very much needed T.V time

Is this another end the brand extention thread? could it get closed or merged with the rest of them?

The answer is NO there is currently no way possible they could end the brand extention. They still have to many wrestlers on each program, and half of them don't get TV time as it is. I don't know what WWE program youre watching where the brands dont have enough superstars to carry the show, because the one I'm watching has terrible 6-man tag matches, and 6 person inter gender matches, as well as diva's tag matches all of which do nothing for the show or story lines. Not to mention bad tag, mid card, IC, US, and Main Event title divisions.

you kno what its like all the time ppl say they should remerge the brands but if they was to do that than most of the midcards wouldnt shine most of them would probably be jobbers and then after a while ppl start complaining that they should split the brands up again and this and that. i had saw a interview wit undertaker a while back right after the first draft and he was all for the brand extension and i agree with him that without the split u mite hav to witness the triple h orton feud take over all three brands when its already tired on 1 brand

Go ahead. Merge the rosters. Go on.

...Oh. Wait. Now the Cena/Trips/Orton feud is taking up time on 2 shows. Jeff Hardy/Punk is on Raw and Smackdown. My god. Instead of 30 minutes or so of the feud a week, we get an hour. That's just going to piss people off more.

Merging the rosters to continue storylines on both of the shows won't cause anything but the 2 main-event feuds taking up more time than they really need. You would think that the mid-card feuds would get more time. But they wouldn't. They'd be overshadowed by the ass loads of main-event they have to show on both shows now.

We don't need to do anything to fix the "problem" with the WWE main-event. Smackdown is changing their main-event with new talent as we speak. Raw is in the process of building the new talent to mix in every Monday night. ECW is building the stars of the future. Superstars is.....actually, I don't know what Superstars is doing. Everything is fine. I swear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back