How I would have booked the Extreme Rules main event

d_henderson1810

Mid-Card Championship Winner
I think an opportunity was lost when it came to booking the Seth/Becky v Baron/Lacey match at "Extreme Rules".

Part of it was whether losing their titles would affect Seth and Becky's relationship.

I think the writers should have played on this more. Here's how I would have built the match.

Week 1. Match is booked like it was

Week 2:- Becky has a match, and celebrates after her win.

Baron Corbin and Lacey Evans then come to the ring.

Have it that Seth doesn't appear on RAW that night, because he is on a "promotional tour" (as Universal Champion, this has credibility).

Baron taunts Becky, and asks if Seth is pulling his weight in the relationship. Does he give her romantic dinners, walks in the park, listen to her feelings? Has he put a ring on it yet?

Becky says that she has nothing to complain about.

Lacey then asks Becky what she thinks Seth is up to on his "promotional tour"? Does he have a wandering eye?

Lacey then taunts Becky by saying "When Seth is with you, he is thinking of me".

Becky then explodes and attacks Lacey.

Week 3:- This week, Baron calls Seth over backstage.

Baron says that even though they are rivals, he is still a man, and wants to talk to Seth about Becky.

Baron says that he notices that when they are interviewed together, Becky takes the lead, and Seth follows along behind, like a lovesick puppy.

He says that Seth should be "The Man" not Becky, and Becky should know her place.

When Seth disputes him on this, Corbin asks Seth if he is going to let a woman rule his life, and that he is not the "Man's Man", he might just be the "Man's Bitch" instead.

Then Corbin asks Seth if Becky has him by the balls, and after their match at "Extreme Rules" he might just show Becky what a real man is like.

Seth explodes and attacks Corbin, and they fight until it is broken apart.

Week 4:- Seth and Becky are interviewed, but Seth gets a little shirty and when Becky speaks on his behalf, he says "I can speak for myself".

Becky gets a little put out by this, and then interrogates Seth about what he got up to on his promotional tour. Soon, Seth and Becky are arguing, and Seth says that Becky's suspicions are insulting and stupid.

Seth says that he doesn't have put up with this rubbish and storms off. Becky yells at him, and she walks off in tears.

So, the question going into "Extreme Rules" is if Seth and Becky can even put aside their lover's tiff to work together to retain their belts?

I think this would have made for an interesting story going in, and would have played on the feud putting tension on their personal relationship.

My primary issue with the mixed-tag main event at Extreme Rules was that it was booked as "winner take all." I'm fine with both titles being on the line, but it should've been individually.

That kind of leads into the OP's idea... the on-screen relationship between Seth and Becky has to go sour at some point. This is wrestling for crying out loud :) The match at Extreme Rules could've ended with Baron hitting "end of days" on Becky as planned, Evans going for the pin on Lynch, Seth motioning as if he's going to break it up, then Lesnar's music hitting which causes Seth to hesitate.

Regardless of who lost what title, the story coming out of the match is that Seth wasn't there to back Lynch up... possibly twice during the match in fact. Once after getting hit with "end of days" by Corbin and then the pin (attempt?) by Lacey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back