Randoms Thoughts that I have

d_henderson1810

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Here are some random thoughts I have about WWE at the moment, and the build to Wrestlemania.

-If Ronda Rousey is currently a heel, why would she want Becky Lynch in her match at Wrestlemania? Firstly, it decreases Ronda's odds of keeping the belt, and secondly, it plays against her current character. If Ronda was a face, it could be explained away that Ronda wanted Becky in, because Becky earned it by winning the Rumble, and it is the right thing to do. But as a heel, it would make more sense for Rousey to do everything to keep Becky out, as Ronda has everything to lose.

-Was Lacey Evans only brought up from NXT to walk down the aisle and then walk back up again? It has been going on for weeks, and what is the point of it? It smacks of the Emmalina angle (weeks and weeks of hype, only for nothing to come of it). I ask NXT fans of her, what do you think of this?

-Looks like John Cena and Undertaker are taking the year off Wrestlemania this year.

-I noticed on SD, Miz says that you have to earn things in life, like he did with his father's love.

No. Love does not have to be earned, it is given freely. So does that mean that Miz's dad was first proud of his son when he won the Tag-Team belts with Shane? How about when Miz got married? What about when Miz gave him a grandchild? What about when Miz's dad first held his son in his arms when Miz was first born?

Miz's dad sounds like a deadbeat, like a douchebag, if the FIRST time he can be proud of his own son was when he won the Tag-Team belt. Miz was a former WWE Champion, a former IC Champion. Miz has done a lot that his dad could be proud of, but it shouldn't matter, because a parent should love their child simply for being HIS child.

- Sasha Banks and Bayley are constantly referred to as "the first WWE Women's Tag-Team Champions" in history. I think Lelani Kai and Judy Martin might have something to say about that.

-Why is Charlotte in the RAW Women's Title Match? Becky won the Royal Rumble, and brings the WWE fanbase with her to Wrestlemania. Ronda is RAW Women's Champion, and draws the casuals, and mainstream fanbase, who have heard of her from UFC and movies. But Charlotte only seems to be in because Vince wants her in.

-Braun Strowman's role at Wrestlemania. So he is in the Andre Battle Royal (or the match that only exists to give most people a Wrestlemania payday), which will probably be on the Kick-Off Show. At least it wasn't the match I feared it would be- Braun versus the two guys from SNL, that they have been teasing.

Don't forget, this is a year after Braun teamed with an 11-year-old at WM.

Braun is built up like a monster all year, yet when it comes to the biggest show, he becomes an afterthought.

-What's the story with Alexa Bliss? She got a concussion in September last year, and yet she is STILL on the shelf.

Is her wrestling career over? How can a concussion put someone out for over six months? She seems okay. Will she wrestle again?

-Of all the opponents that Kurt Angle could have picked as his final opponent, he picks bland, boring, Baron Corbin. Not Cena (Kurt was Cena's debut opponent), not Taker, not someone else from Angle's past, but some jabroni like Corbin.

-Is Asuka defending her WWE Women's belt at Wrestlemania? I have heard nothing suggesting it.

-What was the point of the Dean Ambrose heel turn, only for him to join the Shield again?

Instead, I would have liked to have seen Roman Reigns v Dean Ambrose at Wrestlemania. They have rarely fought, but have a history, and with Dean's comments on Roman's illness, it would give Roman motivation for revenge. You could even have Roman win, and Dean quits because he lost (which explains him leaving, and leaves it open if he ever comes back).

So, what do you think about some of these things?

Last edited:
All good points. The one other thing I keep thinking is when are they going to pull the plug on Renee Young announcing. I remember her first RAW announcing and thought she was decent. She's good on backstage interviews. But she is so cringey on play by play. I mean the worst. I keep waiting to get used to it or that she will be less awkward. She's so normal on her interviews backstage and just so over the top bad on play by play. So forced. Cole sounds so much better and I never thought of him as good. Every once in awhile she adds a sound effect and it makes me smile, but normally I just mute it.

All good points. The one other thing I keep thinking is when are they going to pull the plug on Renee Young announcing. I remember her first RAW announcing and thought she was decent. She's good on backstage interviews. But she is so cringey on play by play. I mean the worst. I keep waiting to get used to it or that she will be less awkward. She's so normal on her interviews backstage and just so over the top bad on play by play. So forced. Cole sounds so much better and I never thought of him as good. Every once in awhile she adds a sound effect and it makes me smile, but normally I just mute it.

I also wonder about Renee's status, given that her husband Dean Ambrose is leaving. Will his absence affect her role in the company? Will she leave as well?

I haven't heard what Dean's plans are, post WWE. If, say, he joins AEW, will WWE want to have Renee commentating for them, when hubby works for the competition?

Completely with you on the Charlotte issue. Rousey vs. Lynch was the match that needed to happen as Charlotte being a part of it seems forced and doesn't really make sense. Especially considering she would've been the obvious choice to face Asuka again at Mania and then you have 2 high quality women's title matches.

In terms of Undertaker not participating I get it but Cena? You have the perfect match with Joe vs. Cena for the US Title where the storyline is already there. But not only do you have Angle face Corbin instead of Cena but you have Mysterio challenge Joe for the belt???

The Ambrose thing is a real head scratcher as you announce he's leaving in like January after a botched heel turn, reform the shield, and give him air time every week on Raw? If he's going then why feature him going forward? Doesn't make sense wihen those spots could've been given to others who are rarely getting air time on Raw. And maybe if you hadn't treated him as the red-headed step child of the Shield you wouldn't have him wanting to leave. Reigns and Rollins have been kept at the top of the card while Ambrose was the main face on Smackdown before moving back to Raw and then got relegated to mid card purgatory.

The Renee Young thing is interesting to see how that plays out after Ambrose leaves. WWE won't want to look bad by pulling the plug on her right when Ambrose leaves but I would bet that her contract isn't renewed. That looking for "greener pastures" comment she stated on Raw couldn't have went over backstage very well either.

And Stroman let's face it he needs to be a permanent heel again rather then the new babyface/heel flip flop Big Show. His face version has gotten very stale and he should just be booked as the heel monster. Maybe move him to Smackdown after Mania for a fresh start.

I think on the cena front, it must has been a hollywood decision if he doesn't have a match at mania. Cena is pretty much a hollywood star now and just like the rock before him, he will have a way tougher time in balancing wrestling and acting.

Taker really feel like he finally decided to retired.

Strowman is pretty much the new big show right now and it's a good role for him.

Don't mind having charlotte in the match as it make the match feel bigger then just ronda vs becky. Ronda is the big mainstream star, charlotte as the legacy that casual fans knows and becky is there for the hardcore's.

Random thought: why are they complicating the kofi push that way. The whole thing should have ended last night, kofi wins the gauntlet and gets the title shot at mania, then you have 2 weeks to do the final build up for their mania match.

Here are some random thoughts I have about WWE at the moment, and the build to Wrestlemania.

-If Ronda Rousey is currently a heel, why would she want Becky Lynch in her match at Wrestlemania? Firstly, it decreases Ronda's odds of keeping the belt, and secondly, it plays against her current character. If Ronda was a face, it could be explained away that Ronda wanted Becky in, because Becky earned it by winning the Rumble, and it is the right thing to do. But as a heel, it would make more sense for Rousey to do everything to keep Becky out, as Ronda has everything to lose.

-Was Lacey Evans only brought up from NXT to walk down the aisle and then walk back up again? It has been going on for weeks, and what is the point of it? It smacks of the Emmalina angle (weeks and weeks of hype, only for nothing to come of it). I ask NXT fans of her, what do you think of this?

-Looks like John Cena and Undertaker are taking the year off Wrestlemania this year.

-I noticed on SD, Miz says that you have to earn things in life, like he did with his father's love.

No. Love does not have to be earned, it is given freely. So does that mean that Miz's dad was first proud of his son when he won the Tag-Team belts with Shane? How about when Miz got married? What about when Miz gave him a grandchild? What about when Miz's dad first held his son in his arms when Miz was first born?

Miz's dad sounds like a deadbeat, like a douchebag, if the FIRST time he can be proud of his own son was when he won the Tag-Team belt. Miz was a former WWE Champion, a former IC Champion. Miz has done a lot that his dad could be proud of, but it shouldn't matter, because a parent should love their child simply for being HIS child.

- Sasha Banks and Bayley are constantly referred to as "the first WWE Women's Tag-Team Champions" in history. I think Lelani Kai and Judy Martin might have something to say about that.

-Why is Charlotte in the RAW Women's Title Match? Becky won the Royal Rumble, and brings the WWE fanbase with her to Wrestlemania. Ronda is RAW Women's Champion, and draws the casuals, and mainstream fanbase, who have heard of her from UFC and movies. But Charlotte only seems to be in because Vince wants her in.

-Braun Strowman's role at Wrestlemania. So he is in the Andre Battle Royal (or the match that only exists to give most people a Wrestlemania payday), which will probably be on the Kick-Off Show. At least it wasn't the match I feared it would be- Braun versus the two guys from SNL, that they have been teasing.

Braun is built up like a monster all year, yet when it comes to the biggest show, he becomes an afterthought.

-What's the story with Alexa Bliss? She got a concussion in September last year, and yet she is STILL on the shelf.

Is her wrestling career over? How can a concussion put someone out for over six months? She seems okay. Will she wrestle again?

-Of all the opponents that Kurt Angle could have picked as his final opponent, he picks bland, boring, Baron Corbin. Not Cena (Kurt was Cena's debut opponent), not Taker, not someone else from Angle's past, but some jabroni like Corbin.

-Is Asuka defending her WWE Women's belt at Wrestlemania? I have heard nothing suggesting it.

-What was the point of the Dean Ambrose heel turn, only for him to join the Shield again?

Instead, I would have liked to have seen Roman Reigns v Dean Ambrose at Wrestlemania. They have rarely fought, but have a history, and with Dean's comments on Roman's illness, it would give Roman motivation for revenge. You could even have Roman win, and Dean quits because he lost (which explains him leaving, and leaves it open if he ever comes back).

- I think that Rousey fits better as a heel, hopefully they will keep her like that for at least a year. Becky needs to win at Mania and she will probably win by pinning Rousey.

- I am not sure what WWE wants to do the with the recent NXT call ups. What was the point of calling them up if they are not doing anything. Evans is just having 2 min tv time, EC3 is trash and with the rumors that he is in the doghouse, EC3 will be released in the upcoming weeks.

- I think that we do not need Cena & Taker to be at Mania this year. Cena cannot face Joe for the US belt because they cannot put a belt on a part timer just as Lesnar. The title will lose importance.

- I kind of like a face Miz since he has been a heel for so long. Let's see what he can do as a face then turn him again by the end of this year.

- Banks & Bayley will hold those belts until Summerslam, in my opinion.

- Charlotte to me is the golden girl of wrestling. Because of her name, she gets some of the things that she wants just because she is Charlotte Flair.

- I do not understand why they are giving Braun a shitty storyline since he has the fan base to be a champion. Dont know why they never pulled the trigger with him winning the Universal title. He may probably win the Battle Royal, but other than that, what else is going to do at Mania? Nothing.

- I think that Alexa is not cleared yet to in ring action and this is why they are having her doing these talk shows. She is good at it just in case this needs to be a long term thing.

- The way Kurt Angle looked this past Monday, the guy really needs to retire. Looked very stiffed. Couldnt move well, his body has been through a lot and there is no better way to retire than having his last match at Mania but Boing Corbin to me its not the perfect opponent. I think sice he beat Gable last week, Bobby Roode was going to call him up and challenge him to his last match. I think they both face each other while in TNA but thats what creative decided.

- Asuka will defend her title at Mania with in another triple threat vs Mande vs Sonya. I think WWE will have Mandy win this match and start a feud with Sonya. Which of them two will be the face & the heel? I think Mandy should turn face.

- Dont know what was creative thinking when they turned Ambrose a face again, probably to give the Reings return more ratings. I honestly think that Dean will resign. If he does leave it will be in good terms this way he can come back years later if he wants to

-If Ronda Rousey is currently a heel, why would she want Becky Lynch in her match at Wrestlemania?

She hates Becky and wants to not just hurt her but also beat her. It is pretty simple.

Firstly, it decreases Ronda's odds of keeping the belt,

Not necessarily. Sports are not a random flip of a coin or roll of a dice. Plus Ronda's new character is more of an asshole who seems to hate the business. Having the title does not mean that much to her. Winning, losing, and being the baddest bitch does.

and secondly, it plays against her current character. If Ronda was a face, it could be explained away that Ronda wanted Becky in, because Becky earned it by winning the Rumble, and it is the right thing to do. But as a heel, it would make more sense for Rousey to do everything to keep Becky out, as Ronda has everything to lose.

She's not that kind of heel.

Its Mania season. They are giving her exposure while avoiding having her get wasted exposure. She is likely to become relevant after Mania.

Hard to believe but maybe.

Yes, Miz's dad comes off like the biggest heel in the company. Maybe they should have focused on Miz's dad's lack of respect for Miz due to all the time Miz has spent acting like an asshole over the past decade and not whatever this has been.

Are they still alive? Meh.

It is art imitating life. You are complaining so it is working. Good job creative!

Yeh, I'm not sure if they have really given up on him or they are just waiting for Brock to go away or some other need to make him as relevant as he was expected to be at certain points.

Ronda happened to her. A talent like Ronda makes someone like Alexa pretty much irrelevant in ring.

Either we have a surprise coming or Vince really doesn't appreciate someone spending so many years in TNA.

No idea. SD women's title is getting the US Title treatment.

Interesting idea with poor execution due to questionable talent.

Agreed but the WM fans would have probably turned on Roman mid-match.

Last edited:
GSB hit most of the points pretty well, but I'll add this:

To those complaining about the Dean Ambrose face turn, could you predict how long RR would be out for his leukemia? Could you predict that Dean Ambrose was going to leave the company? Neither could WWE. So they began a storyline that they abandoned because it makes more sense to get a Shield reunion in as both a send off to Ambrose and a welcome return for Reigns when the timing happened the way it did. Duh.

Ronda is the true competitor that believes she's above the wrestling business. Becky worked hard to get to where she is now and that's why the fans are on her side. Ronda interfering for Becky to get a handout makes sense. More than if a face butted into another face's match to give them that freebie. Why should I cheer for the good guys doing that? This is more reason for Becky to hate Ronda because Ronda didn't think she could do it by herself.

Rousey isn't playing the coward. She's not even playing a mastermind right now. She's playing the "better than you and I'll prove it" character. Of all the crazy booking that's gone on for this Triple Threat, this was one that seemed fairly logical.

Some more random thoughts:-

-It seems that Vince figured out a way to get around Asuka not defending her title at WM, by taking it off her.

I think this was done so that they don't have to book a separate match for Asuka's title defence, and to legitimize Charlotte being in. I tip that Asuka will be in the Women's Battle Royal instead (unfortunately).

-Here's a question-How does the Women's Triple Threat work now? I mean, if someone wins, do they get BOTH titles, as the chanext yearmpion can lose the belt in a Triple-Threat and not be the one pinned.

-Cena will NOT replace Corbin as Angle's opponent. Otherwise, they would have had Angle v Corbin at "Fast Lane" and then had Angle-Cena at WM.

-Yost and Che from SNL are annoying, unfunny and don't deserve to be anywhere near Wrestlemania next year. Also, Braun should tell Vince to give him a proper WM opponent next year, or he might call Cody Rhodes and see if AEW have need of a giant.

First off..it was OCTOBER not September. And she DID COMPETE in the Women's Royal Rumble, remaining in the match for 12 minutes.

I know it is not wrestling, but Dale Earnhardt Jr. got a concussion while driving in Nascar in July 2016 and was parked until February 2017(that was 7 months) we haven't even got to 6 months yet with Alexa.
I think they pulled back on her because of lingering injuries, giving her more of a managerial role that took off, giving her time to get better in the ring. then the "Road to Mania" began and they most likely decided to hold off her full time in-ring return until AFTER Mania and her being moved to Smackdown in the shakeup

-Yost and Che from SNL are annoying, unfunny and don't deserve to be anywhere near Wrestlemania next year. Also, Braun should tell Vince to give him a proper WM opponent next year, or he might call Cody Rhodes and see if AEW have need of a giant.

I think braun doesn't care about this, he's pretty much replacing big show now and he's getting more mainstream exposure by doing stuff like this then having a proper opponent. Plus let face it, braun wouldn't be a big draw on the indies or AEW for that matter because thoses company are all about wrestling and braun isn't a wrestler, he's a special attraction that does crazy strength trick and destroyed guys in short matches.

1) I think for your first point on Ronda... she actually turns heel midway through the feud. Plus, both faces doesn't mean there are no contention for a storyline (look at Cena/Rock feud)

2) I actually don't have a good vibe with Lacey's gimmick actually. The only reason she is getting some push is because of her military background. That being said, it's good PR for WWE to plaster her face in the long run.

3) My gut feel - Cena is going to turn up for Kurt Angle's challenge. Whether to replace Corbin, or after Angle pins Corbin then Cena comes up to challenge Angle to wrap up the Olympic Hero's career. Second gut feel - Taker will have a segment with Sting. Sting's recent appearance on RAW for Ric Flair 70th bday seem to signal some form of on screen momentum.

4) Yeah, I agree with your analysis man. Miz's story with Shane and his dad is so poorly thought out. Think they are trying to create the "Team Hell-No" angle in reverse.

5) No comments on grandma legacy

6) Charlotte is there because Vince wants her to be there. Absolutely right. She is marketable. Good bloodline. Great look, great works. Vince always like this type of stars. Look at The Rock, look at Randy Orton, look at Roman Reigns

7) Braun is the next Big Show. Enuff said...

I personally thought Ronda should have been heel right from the start. It never really made sense when she came out smiling and then when she was in the ring for a match or cutting a forced promo she looked like she was going to cry or burst a blood vessel. At least if she was heel for longer WWE could have had more time to make sense of how Becky would force her way in the match. But, I think what happened was is WWE thought Ronda would be able to be face going into WM but fans did turn on her so she had to go heel but helping Becky into the match was already planned and they couldn't change it in time. So, there you have a heel Ronda helping babyface Becky!

Yeah, never really a fan of these slow burn type of debuts where no one knows what the hell is really happening. Usually it means WWE doesn't know what they want to do with her either, they just want to test the waters to see how fans react.

About time. Undertaker, who has given more than enough to WWE, needs to give nothing else! And Cena is off doing movies and stuff now, so good for him, he's also done enough for WWE and I'm sure the door is wide open for him to return again, but he definitely doesn't need to be forced back into a WM card just for the hell of it.

I didn't see that part, but I would agree with that reaction. Doesn't sound quite right.

I don't like the Shane vs Miz feud anyway.

Shouldn't be a surprise to see WWE 're-writing' history again. They do it a lot. Just a bunch of technicalities. Like how the "first ever" WWE Cruiserweight Champion was TJP. It's nothing new with WWE saying things how they want them to be remembered from now on.

There's reason for Charlotte to keep popping in the Women's Title picture without seemingly having 'earned' these opportunities. It would go back to what Becky was saying as she was getting a lot of fan support behind her about Charlotte just being 'given' these opportunities and Becky having to work harder and still get shafted. It's all to build up support for Becky going up against Ronda and Charlotte. I don't really see anything wrong with it. I just feel bad for Asuka.

Yeah, it's pretty stupid stuff. WWE has a legit strongman who can wrestle, talk and has charisma and they STILL have not awarded him an opportunity to hold a title.

Sometimes it can be simply missing the boat on things like this that can cause potential WWE fans to get turned off again. They see this big, strong guy destroying people and things and demanding title opportunities and then ... nothing. No title, and being pushed aside.

While instead, the Universal Title is held by someone who barely shows up (not his fault, WWE's decision) and (clearly now) had been holding onto the title for this Rollins vs Lesnar WM match. And, listen, I actually like Seth Rollins. I can relate a lot more to a Seth Rollins type build and character than a strongman Braun Strowman type build and character. That said, I see absolutely no good reason why Strowman shouldn't have won the Royal Rumble and be the one to go on to face and defeat Brock Lesnar once and for all at WrestleMania. I mean, c'mon, the storyline pretty much writes itself even WITHOUT Lesnar showing up very much. AND casuals could believe in that type of a matchup much faster and better than Lesnar vs Rollins. And I'd even like to see Lesnar vs Rollins but not at WM when Braun vs Brock could be happening.

I could go on and on about this one, so I think I'll just leave it there for now.

Don't know what her injury outlook is but she can make the best out of it if she is going to be out for longer. If she is out for longer, why not have her be a mouthpiece for a dominant Women's faction? I know they've tried it with Riott Squad, but they can go bigger to really make something worth watching. There is SO much women's wrestling and it's even harder to get into when there's very few major storylines that are bringing real meaning to anything. I know WWE likes to think that women's matches aren't washroom breaks, but the thing is MEN'S matches can easily be washroom breaks too when there seems to be no rhyme or reason why the matches are important.

That as a long winded way to say - I have no idea what Bliss' situation is, but I thinks he can work with what she has.

Corbin is not the best, but he's not the worst either. Fans generally seem to enjoy hating Corbin so he's a good enough match for Angle to have a farewell match in it that will give some good pops for the crowd when he gets Corbin in the signature moves like the suplexes and ankle lock!

Probably not defending it at all. If anything, might make some sort of appearance backstage or in relation to the Ronda v Charlotte v Becky match, but not likely. My guess, is they'll get her into something after WM.

That would make sense to me, what you said, but clearly WWE thinks the brief Shield reunion is more interesting. Looks like because Dean is probably leaving WWE that instead of even giving Dean a WM match they are just going to job him out before WM and given Reigns something else.

Those are my thought responses to your thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back