Royal Rumble 2019: Smackdown Women's Championship - Asuka (c) VS Becky Lynch

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
This week's episode of WWE Main Event, which was sort of a year end recap show, saw the official announcement of Asuka vs. Becky Lynch for the blue brand Women's Championship at the RR ppv.

I'm guessing that Becky will be pulling double duty for the event as I just don't see her regaining the title. What I could see happening is Ronda Rousey appearing during the match to cause a distraction that allows Asuka to pick up the victory; afterwards, Becky enters the women's RR match, wins it and announces her intention to challenge Ronda Rousey for the title at WrestleMania. If this is how it's intended to go down, I hope it's done in a way that doesn't make Asuka look weak as both she and Becky can be made to look like stars during this match. For instance, just have it be a physical bout where the women beat the crap out of each other, have Rousey come out during a time when both women are down on the canvas selling the match, Becky and Asuka are both climbing to their feet, Becky sees Ronda standing at ringside and Asuka hooks her into the Asuka Lock from behind before she's able to even think about doing anything. Becky tries to escape, manages to maybe a couple of times, like we saw Naomi do, Asuka locks it on and Becky passes out instead of tapping. The ending without Ronda being present would be open ended with some saying "Becky would've won had Rousey not been out there" while others would say "Ronda wasn't even a factor, Becky took her eye off the ball and paid for it."

In an ideal world Becky would win the rumble and go on to face Ronda. In WWE's illogical world, it'll either be Charlotte or it'll be a triple threat.

i haven't watch main event yet as it's only playing on friday nights here so i won't truly comment on this before i actually see it but i feel like a major match like this one wouldn't be announce on a c-show like main event. They would actually wait until they did some sort of build up for the match on smackdown before actually announce it. Also, this really doesn't fit the whole change storyline they started this week as shane clearly state that the automatic rematch clause didn't exist and that former champions would have to earn their rematch.

So like i said before, i will wait to watch main event before believing this match is actually happening because i wouldn't be surprise if this was a production mistake on the first version of this weeks main event and that it might not happen now that this mistake leaked out.

So it seem like WWE got wind of the mistake they made on the main event broadcast and announce via paige Twitter account that the match isn't official yet.

Here the exact message they release:-

Soooo I tried to make one last match before my time as #SDLive GM came to end...but unfortunately @BeckyLynchWWE vs. @WWEAsuka for the Smackdown Women’s Championship is NOT official for #RoyalRumble. #Oops

— PAIGE (@RealPaigeWWE) December 21, 2018

As others have mentioned it only makes sense for Becky to win the Rumble and ride her momentum to Mania to face Rosey. It would completely kill Becky’s push to have her lose to Asuka and not be in the the rumble taking her out of the title picture completely.
I’m not a big fan of Asuka, I don’t get what her persona is with the whole “Empress of Tomorrow” gimmick whatever that means. She’s also one dimensional and cut a promo to save her life. I hope she drops the Women’s title before Mania.

The match is back on because of becky's wins over carmella and charlotte last night so i decided to undelete the thread. Personally i don't think asuka is dropping the belt in this one, Becky is the biggest star in the company right now and really doesn'T need a championship to be over. So i thinking that either Ronda or charlotte come out and distract becky so that asuka can win the match.

They're doing this all wrong. It should have been Ronda Rousey vs Charlotte Flair at the Royal Rumble ave to because the money is on Becky Lynch winning the Rumble match and chasing Rousey for the championship in a one on one match at Wrestlemania!!! I love Charlotte, but it shouldn't be a triple threat. She's had so many big first already, she doesn't have to have this one too. This is Lynch's time. Also I'm hearing they are gonna have Lynch vs Rousey one on one before Mania, which will only water down the actual Mania match that much more.

Just to give you a little bit of a idea of who they see at the top stars in the company, WWE co president george barrios spoke at the Citi’s 2019 Global TMT West Conference in Las Vegas and throughout the speech which was mostly about the money they are making and international tv deals and their plans for the future, he mention who the ''Heroes''. He names john Cena, roman reigns seth rollins & Charlotte as the faces of the company, so i'm thinking that while Becky became a bigger star then charlotte in the eye of the fans, They still don't see her in the same league as Charlotte which is sad because i wouldn'T be surprise if they go with charlotte vs ronda at mania and Becky gets a something less important for mania. I also see then maybe keep the Lynch/rousey match for after mania when they switch Ronda to smackdown after mania.

So i guess this is a consolation prize for Lynch will probably get screwed by whoever is her mania opponent.

I see Nia Jax screwing Becky out of the title, because Vince still has a hard on for Nia for some reason. LAME!

The Ideal storyline that makes sense here....

Rousey costs Becky the match then Lynch wins the Rumble. The next Smackdown Charlotte comes out to congratulate Asuka on retaining and then a 3 on 1 beatdown on Asuka happens as Charlotte, Mandy Rose, and Sonya Deville take out Asuka. Thus the creation of the new heel faction "The Queen's Court" on Smackdown Live.

Mania
Rousey (C) vs. Lynch
Asuka (C) vs. Charlotte w/Rose & Deville

There was a report From Meltzer that because the ratings for smackdown this week went down, that this could be bad news for Becky's push as she hasn't been able to move the ratings during her big push. If that's true, and we all know that plans change all the time, Then don't aspect anything big for Becky going into mania season. I wouldn't be surprise if she's left out of the ronda match at mania and they go back to the original plan of charlotte vs ronda.

That also mean they they might not want to push her as much in main event role going forward which would be terrible because while not a ratings draw, she still the most over character on that brand and it would be sad to be relegated back to the spot she had before summerslam. All that to say that i feel that she's probably losing this match clean and then either getting another title shot at mania against asuka or getting thrown in a throwaway match.

The Ideal storyline that makes sense here....

Rousey costs Becky the match then Lynch wins the Rumble. The next Smackdown Charlotte comes out to congratulate Asuka on retaining and then a 3 on 1 beatdown on Asuka happens as Charlotte, Mandy Rose, and Sonya Deville take out Asuka. Thus the creation of the new heel faction "The Queen's Court" on Smackdown Live.

Mania
Rousey (C) vs. Lynch
Asuka (C) vs. Charlotte w/Rose & Deville
That works for me. I like it!!!

I predict that this match is early in the main show, Rousey comes out during a close contest distracting both Becky, Asuka, and the ref. While distracted this leads to Bazzler (sp?) and the other two MMA horse ladies screwing over Becky.

Later in the night Becky pulls the same distraction on Rhonda allowing Bayley and Charlotte to screw over Rhonda.

Then in the Rumble all eight women get involved leading to none of them winning the Rumble and a four on four match up at Mania instead of all the Becky/Rhonda/Charlotte stuff we have speculated.

But probably not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back