How in the world did Carmelo Anthony not make the All-NBA Team?

"Cool Guy" Jensen

Undertaker for Champ!
The All-NBA Team lists have been out for about a week or so now. I was looking through them, and something came to mind. Sure, there was many players this season who took major steps forward in their NBA careers, which is why we saw a few new faces introduced into the All-NBA teams. As far as consistency goes, where in the world was Carmelo Anthony?

You have a man, who in my opinion, is a Top-10 player in the NBA today. A man who had season averages of 25.6 points and 7.3 rebounds, along with 2.9 assists a game. This is a 4-time All Star and a players whose made the All-NBA team in 4 of his 8 seasons in the league. He's one of the more consistent players in the league, a top talent, an elite scorer. What more does he have to do?

Now, you can make arguments for any of the 15 players who made the All-NBA team, but Carmelo Anthony could make just a strong a case as anyone, if not more. Some may call his selfish, a ballhog, only cares about himself. But he's an athlete... what makes him different from any other athlete?

As far as forwards go in the All-NBA team this year, you have Lebron James, Kevin Durant, Pau Gasol, Dirk Nowitzki, Amar'e Stoudemire (listed as C), Lamarcus Aldridge, and Zach Randolph. All had very good season, with most of them becoming All Stars. However, with these players making the team... cases could also be made for forwards like Kevin Love, Blake Griffin, Chris Bosh, Tim Duncan, Danny Granger, but most CARMELO ANTHONY!

I don't know why Carmelo was snubbed for this year's All-NBA team. Does anyone have any possible reasons?

Basketball isn't just about offense and numbers. Melo isn't that great of a two way player. It's partly the offensive minded coaches he has had but he just isn't a good defender. As for the guys who made it ahead of him, the only one I may have taken off to put him on would have been Gasol. Durant, LeBron, and Dirk all definitely had better years then Melo. Aldridge and Randolph both led their teams to the playoffs and had great years. Melo was in turmoil all season in Denver and they ended up with a better record after he left. With the Knicks it took a while to get the chemistry going and they ended up falling off a bit after the trade.

Melo had the numbers and a case can definitely be made that he should have made the second or third team but it isn't some huge snub or travesty. The guys who made it over him were just as deserving. He most likely got left off because he isn't as good of a two way player as some may like and record wise his teams didn't fair as well as they probably should have. I like Melo and I'm sure he'll be back on track next year.

well there are only so many spots on the team, and if you put carmello on who are you taking off? I personally would take off Gasol and put on Love because he put up ******edly good numbers (although he was on an extremely shitty team)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back