I need some honest opinions...

Kasey

Connoiseur of the MILF
Since no one around these parts has a bashful nature, I would like to have those who may indeed give a shit the chance to sample some of my own musical works and to observe what I've done with all of my money and spare time since I was 17. If you like it, great. If not, that's fine. Feedback would be appreciated. And don't make too much fun of me if you don't like it...I can be a crotchety and moody fucker. But a little harassment is okay.

http://www.myspace.com/madridspace

I'm impressed. I have before spent time looking at Myspace bands, and usually are disappointed , but I really wasn't this time. I hope you guys make it one day, because I think you definately have the skills to do so. I especially think bass and drums are extremely strong in this band.
You're original - something lacking from most bands nowadays. I get a really good vibe from your stuff, and think this is definately something you all should be proud of.

Everyman Sleep Cycle: I like it, it shows originality... no lyrics! at first I was liek hey this into is going to lead to some kick ass lyrics but it never really happened. For a song without lyrics it shows really good development, its inticing... I havent looked at your page just listened to this song so far and I am guessing you guys are an indie band right?

Defy the Magic mule: im typing as I am listening and it looks as if you are a band with no lyrics whatso ever! I am intrigued... im going to find you a song which reminds me of you guys, your slightly more mellow i'd say but maybe you can listen to it and take inspiration, or look at it and say heck we dont want to go that root, either way I'm a big music fan and here is a band I think you are similar too....

[youtube]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nuA4ZkbIyYk&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nuA4ZkbIyYk&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object> [/youtube]

Panther Dancer: I liked the intro to this the best, you sound almost jazz like at times, well you have a similar effect.

I hope my post was some help to you.

I don't want to be a suck up. But I really like it. It's the sort of stuff that I would be listening to now if I didn't have a 4 year old perminantley listening to Girls Aloud and the Sugababes.

That being said there is a lot of that type of music around at the moment. Certainly in England, I'm unsure in America. So I don't know how you can make yourself stand out from the rest of all the other bands.

Thank you guys for taking the time out to bear with me on this. We've been playing together since about last September and it has been the most fun I've had playing music since I was fresh out of high school. I'm actually looking to take several weeks off this summer and play through parts of California as I've never played anywhere out of state on a regular basis. As for the issue of vocals, I'm not sure what we're going to do yet. We've tried a couple people out with mixed results and no one has really fit the bill yet that would make us want to take the risk.

Jake, your post count is the stuff of legend. I'd almost forgotten about the WWF Commissioner until you brought back some of that old school funky stuff. Kudos.

It's good stuff man. It's right up my alley. "Everyman" probably could stand to have some vocals. But overall it's pretty good stuff. At parts it sounds a little emoish, was that intended? I mean I thought the emoish sound at times was cool, but was that what you were going for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back