I wish I could have seen them live

ScruffDog

Pre-Show Stalwart
I was listening to my iPod the other day, and realized that there are several bands I wish I could see live. I then realized that a lot of them I will never get the chance to see. For what ever reason, death: The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Michal Jackson, or maybe they just don't get along: Pink Floyd, Guns N Roses, there are some many great artist that we will never get to see perform live again.

So which Band/Artist do you wish you could have seen live?

For me, I wish I could have seen Pantera. They were always on my wish list of bands to see, but never got around to it. When they broke up in 03, I told my self, when they make a reunion tour, I will be there. Tragically Darrell was shot and killed in 04 by a crazed fan ending any hope of a Pantera reunion. Pantera is one of the greatest metal bands of all time, and I really wish I had gotten a chance to see them live.

Slipknot before paul died
in 2009 i was going to go to a show but i was working
and i believe another few times i couldnt make their shows or tours before he died
now i dont think i will ever go to a show just because paul is not their bassist anymore

i have also missed the last few metal mayhem tours but i wont this year

and back in i believe 98/99 when cash money/ruff ryders were touring i was going to go and could have went but my parents wouldnt let me. turns out someone was stabbed at the show so i guess its good i did not attend.

Aerosmith. They are the first or one of the first rock groups/bands that I ever got in to. So I would have wanted to see them live. I don't know how many live performances they have left. Not even sure if they are still together. Over the last year or two it's been on and off. One minute they are together and then their broken up. Maybe I get to see live still. Supposedly they have a new album coming out this summer. Maybe they have one tour left in them.

Rage Against the Machine. I've heard about how great they are live. But I was just 13 when they broke up, and my parents were strict and I never got to go to any concerts. I loved them when I was younger, I still like them, but they only occasionally tour, and never in my area. So if they ever decide to hit NY or Philly then I will go see them, but I see that as unlikely.

For me, it has to be Queen. What is more annoying is that he died because of a disease that has taken many lives because of their sexual orientation.

That being said, this is not a soap box for me to stand on.

Queen were the epitome of British music at one point. They were the biggest things since the Beatles and their music is still some of the most genuinely eccentric and fantastically out-there back-catalogues I have ever listened to. They are the epitome of what a band should be. Talented, gifted and didn't take themselves too seriously. What they did take seriously, however, was entertaining the fans that paid their hard-earned money to see Queen perform and I have always had the utmost respect for that.

When you look at We Will Rock You (the stage show), it does not take a rocket scientist to work out that they are still amazingly relevant at this point in time. Despite Mercury's death in 1991, Queen are still one of the most talked-about bands on the planet and that is the way that it will always be. Simply amazing!

The one thing that I would have loved to have seen is see Mercury perform Bohemian Rhapsody live. Because of Youtube, things seems to have lost their lustre but there really would have been no substitute for that experience. Not a video on Youtube... Nothing! As I sit here listening to it now, you can sense the emotion and that is what made Queen great, both on stage and off.

NIRVANA-
I would have LOVED to seen this group live. A friend of mine saw them and she said it was an amazing experience. I still get a huge kick listening to Kurt Cobain and his music. Its an all around experience. To me, no matter what day of the week it is, what your mood, or whatever you are thinking, there is something to be said for their songs, and the lyrics that will certainly strike something inside you. It gets you inside. You feel what is being said, and for those minutes the song is playing, you will forget about whatever you are thinking and let the song take over. I love how it can make me forget about whatever is bothering me.

The Who (original lineup)-
This is a revolution of rock right here. Keith Moon, ultimate in excess. But a terrific drummer. A man who took horse tranquilizers right before a live show. However, this group was genius in synthesizers and melodies. I just adore listening to them still to this day.

Just to let people know, both Aerosmith and RATM are still around and touring with both playing gigs as recently as October of last year.

Anyway, where do I even begin to start for this one?

Guns N Roses: And By GNR I mean the real GNR with the original line up (or at least the one with Matt Sorum on drums) not the one with Axl and seven other posers. Fuck what I would give to go back to 87 or something and see a GNR live show, they are and always will be my favourite band and I would have loved so much to have seen them live. I know that there is the slightest chance that will happen given they are all still alive but the chances are very slim.

Black Sabbath: I guess there is more of a possibility with this one as these guys always seem to have reunions but I can't see another one happening any time soon. Seeing the original Sabbath line up live in their prime would have fucking ruled and I really wish I had have had the opportunity to.

Led Zeppelin: Who wouldn't have wanted to see these guys live? One of the biggest bands ever and one of the godfathers of rock and roll and heavy metal. Seeing the original Zeppelin live would have been an experience to treasure.

There are plenty more I'm sure but those are the only ones I cant think of off the top of my head.

The Stone Roses

Alot of the US guys in here will not really know much about this band. From my hometown in Manchester UK, The Roses led the revolution in British music in the late 80s and early 90s, and tragically only ever made two albums. Their debut release is still regarded as one of the greatest British albums ever made, and Ian Brown their lead singer still tours and sells out big venues all over the country.

I have seen him perform 3x but he has all but written off a Roses reunion- which would be MASSIVE...because of the ongoing fued with his former best friend, and Roses guitarist John Squire. The rest of the band want to reunite, but with Brown and Squire bitter enemies now, I doubt it will ever happen.

Guns 'N' Roses (original line up)

I had the chance to go and see Axl with his new Guns this year, and turned it down. It wouldn't be the same. I want to see the original line up, Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven. That is how it should be, and without these guys it just isnt the same for me. The original Guns were some of the best showmen in musical history and a reunion tour has the potential to be one of the biggest tours of all time. I hope one day we get to see it.

The Verve

I love The Verve. I have seen their lead singer Richard Ashcroft solo twice, but was unable to attend their tour during their short lived reunion a few years ago. Tickets went on sale and my brother went to buy 3, but I was at university and couldnt check my phone for 2 hours, and when I confirmed I was free to go, all tickets had gone. I was gutted. I have hear Ashcroft perform the majority of the Verve songs live now, so it isnt as bad

Alice In Chains (with Layne)

Seeing AIC last year was one of the best nights of my life, Jerry Cantrell and William DuVall were magnificent, but with Layne on vocals it would have been even better. Man In The Box just was not the same without Staley's epic voice. A 9.5/10 gig would have been 10/10 if the great man had still been with us. Also, perhaps he would have performed Nutshell, one of my all time favourites.

Nirvana

Another band we will eefinitely never get to see again, which is a huge shame. Kurt Cobain was a phenomenal performer, the kind of person you simply cannot take your eyes off on stage. I would pay huge amounts of money to be able to see him live, it would have been an incredible experience. RIP Kurt

Johnny Cash.

The man was an icon, the greatest musician in his field and simply put, a phenomenon. Cash was known for his incredible live performances, particularly when he went to prison. I'm not saying I would've wanted to be a prisoner, but it must have been amazing to hear the man live in person. Johnny inspired many people, including those who he played to in prison and it would simply be amazing to see it in person. A great musician and a legend in the music world may he R.I.P.

Queen are another band I would love to have had the opportunity to see live, with Freddie Mercury.

Freddie is one of the greatest performers of all time, with amazing stage presence and a great voice. That man was born to be on stage

To see him doing his thing, and hearing those classic songs live with their original singer would have been great. Another musical legend taken before his time.

My votes go to:-

Johnny Cash Unfortunately i'm one of the poor souls who never even heard Johnny Cash until after he was dead. I'd have loved to see him play all his classics mixed in with some covers. I'd go insane if i'd seen him play 'Rusty Cage' by Soundgarden.

And....

Pantera Arguably THE best metal band of the early 90's (i know, i know they were together long before that, but it wasn't until 'CFH' came out that they became uber popular). Just from watching their home videos, you can tell that every single show they did was an awesome experience from start to finish.

The worst part is that i have actually seen every member of Pantera perform live.... just not in Pantera.

Rex and Phil in Down
Dimebag and Vinny in DamagePlan about 5 months before Dime got shot.

DamagePlan actually played 'Walk' as well, and i swear i haven't been in a more intense festival pit since.

I would have included Soundgarden, Alice In Chains and Stone Temple Pilots in my list, but thankfully all 3 have reunited.

I saw Alice last year and they were mind-blowing, even without Layne Staley

I just hope Soundgarden release some new material and then come to the UK, and I was very disappointed that STP did not tour their latest album over here, other than at a festival or 2. Even though the album was a bit of a letdown there were a few good tracks on it, and I am dying to hear "Sex Type Thing" "Dead and Bloated" and "Crackerman" played live.

Come on Cornell and Weiland, make it happen!

Scar Symmetry

This band is a swedish melodic death metal band that I recently got into about a month ago. I downloaded their album "Holographic Universe" and it is one of the best metal albums I have EVER listened to. I strongely suggest you guys take a look at that album. It will not disappoint.

Now as far as why I put this band, its because of Christian Älvestam. Christian was the lead singer of this band. He has an amazing voice and can mix screaming and clean vocals unlike a lot of singers. Christian and Scar Symmetry parted shortly after "Holographic Universe" was put out. Scar Symmetry then gained 2 new vocalists (a singer and a screamer) and I have to say I am not a very big fan of them anymore. Though the band is gifted musically altogether, it is NOT the same at all without Christian. I would have loved to have seen this band with their original singer. The lineup that got me into them in the first place. Alas that won't happen sadly unless they settle their differences and re-unite.

Oasis.

I'm not a MASSIVE fan of Oasis, let me get that clear. I don't own every album they've ever made and I certainly haven't heard everything they've produced either. But for sheer atmosphere, I'd certainly have to pick Oasis. Songs like 'Don't Look Back In Anger' and 'Wonderwall' live and in person must be an incredible thing to behold. My Dad went to their second to last ever gig in 2009 and even he said it was one of the best gigs he's ever been too (and he's been to a lot of gigs).

Alice In Chains I mean the Layne Staley line up. While I like William DuVall's singing, it just doesn't gel as well as Layne Staley's to me.

Nirvana Kurt Cobain was rather intense when it came to his performances, not to mention to see Dave Grohl pounding away on drums would be immense.

Linkin Park
I badly want to go to one of their concerts.. I love their music! It's hard to point out a favourite, I love all their songs. They came over to where I live but I was too unfortunate.. My Mum thought the tickets were too expensive. Sigh. :banghead:

I know they are still together but I wished I had seen them before their current album...

My Chemical Romance - I know I'm probably going to get hated on for this but they are my faveourite band and with their current release, Danger Days, I truely feel like it's not really them and I had tickets to SoundWave, a music festival here for last year and I was super excited because it would have been awesome, it was before their music went ultra mainstream with techno influences but they withdrew due to Gerard Way's voice being unable to work and he couldn't sing, along with that, Bob Bryar, the drummer at the time had left the band.

I just wish I had the chance to see them before they changed and went the way they did, I will definately go to their show when they announce their tour for here later on but it just won't be the same.

How has nobody said d12 yet? Proof made Eminem look untouchable when he was on concert. I'm not saying that proof made Eminem who he is but he sure made the concerts alot more entertaining. I would of loved to have seen d12 perform while proof was still alive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back