If he retired today would Jeff Hardy be in the HOF??

Christian Battlez

Getting Noticed By Management
You are probably like WTF? Christian right now right? I know I know Jeff Hardy isn't even close to the calibur of a Ric Flair or a Hulk Hogan or a Steve Austin why should he be in the Hall of Fame?!?!?! Heres why. Credentials:

National Championship Wrestling

NCW Light Heavyweight Championship (2 times)
New Dimension Wrestling
NDW Light Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
New Frontier Wrestling Association
NFWA Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
North East Wrestling
NEW Junior Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
NWA 2000
NWA 2000 Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Matt Hardy

Organization of Modern Extreme Grappling Arts

OMEGA New Frontiers Championship (1 time)
OMEGA Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Matt Hardy

Pro Wrestling Illustrated

PWI Comeback of the Year (2007)
PWI Match of the Year (2000) with Matt Hardy vs. The Dudley Boyz and Edge and Christian in a Triangle Ladder match at WrestleMania 2000
PWI Match of the Year (2001) with Matt Hardy vs. The Dudley Boyz and Edge and Christian in a Tables, Ladders, and Chairs match at WrestleMania X-Seven
PWI Most Popular Wrestler of the Year (2008)
PWI Tag Team of the Year (2000) with Matt Hardy
PWI ranked him #17 of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2001

Universal Wrestling Association

UWA World Middleweight Championship (1 time)

World Wrestling Federation / World Wrestling Entertainment

WCW Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Matt Hardy
World Heavyweight Championship (2 times)
WWE Championship (1 time)
WWE European Championship (1 time)
WWF Hardcore Championship (3 times)
WWF/E Intercontinental Championship (4 times)
WWF Light Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
WWF/E World Tag Team Championship (6 times) – with Matt Hardy
Ninth Grand Slam Champion
Slammy Award for Extreme Moment of the Year Swanton Bomb to Randy Orton from the top of the Raw set (Raw, January 14)
Eighteenth Triple Crown Champion

Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Best Flying Wrestler (2000)
Most Disgusting Promotional Tactic (2008) Hardy attacked in stairwell before Survivor Series

So hes a three time WWE World Champion and a tag team legend in the Hardys. But think of all the moments he has made over the years in WWE for us fans. The three consecutive TLC Matches at WM. The insane moments like the Swanton off the Raw set onto Randy Orton or the one in his most recent TLC match with Punk through the announce table. Jeff Hardy deserves a spot in the HOF one day. Just ask Koko B.Ware

Just because WWE's Hall of Fame doesn't mean anything today it doesn't mean that anyone can be a hall of famer.

Jeff Hardy will be a HOFer but not with his accomplishments today he wouldn't. He has done nothing compared with the likes of Flair, Stone Cold, Hogan, and so many others.

If he had left Wrestling for real last week he would probably be inducted as a member of The Hardys, if he returns he will be for sure +5 time champion and with that record he will deserve a spot in the Hall of Fame, right now he is a 3 times World Champion just as CM Punk is, and Punk is in the WWE for 3 years, ok, his reigns aren't that great, but that isn't a quality of Jeff Hardy's one month reigns either.

He has accomplished more as a tag team member than as a individual wrestler.

Just because WWE's Hall of Fame doesn't mean anything today it doesn't mean that anyone can be a hall of famer.

Jeff Hardy will be a HOFer but not with his accomplishments today he wouldn't. He has done nothing compared with the likes of Flair, Stone Cold, Hogan, and so many others.

Not everyone that winds up in the Hall of Fame has had to have been a mega draw or won more world championships that you can shake a fist at. Gorilla Monsoon, the Junkyard Dog, Koko B. Ware, Blackjack Mulligan, Blackjack Lanza, Cowboy Bob Orton, and Tony Atlas are examples of WWE HOF'ers that Jeff Hardy is far and away superior to inside the ring.

They made great contributions to wrestling, a few made contributions primarily as tag team wrestlers, but they don't outweight what Hardy's done over the course of his career in the WWE. Jeff Hardy is a three time world champion, a four time IC champion and a 7 time world tag team champion. I know his world title reigns may not seem all that hot when compared to some of the HOF'ers, but at least he can say he's been a world champ. His IC and tag title reigns would be enough to ensure "qualification" for the HOF. That, and if he's managed to maintain good relations with Vince McMahon.

I would really have to say yes, and not just because of his list of titles that he's won. Together with he and his brother Matt, they helped keep tag team wrestling hot in the 90's. Crazy moments, swantons off ladders and titantrons. And honestly, I've always thought that one day he would be in the HOF ever since he had that crazy ladder match with Taker on Raw for the title. I knew that he would be in the HOF some day. Soon? Definately not.

no. He by now, deserves the place in the HOF, but not now, even if he retires now. Stone Cold was inducted this year, and he retired on 2003. The Rock retired on 2004, and by now, is not in the HOF. There's people that could perfectly be inducted before Hardy. But I'm sure that one day, he will be.

I think regardless, he will be in it eventually. He has done enough in the WWE to be remembered very fondly years down the line (and now by some folks im sure :p).

He has had some very good title reigns (granted not his WWE/World ones), was a one of the guys that brought about the introduction of TLC, arguably WWE most exciting gimmick match, and along with Cena was/is (again arguably) the face of the PG era.

I cant say I'm a fan of him in the World Title picture, but he has definitely done enough in his carer to date to get a HOF spot at some point years down the line.

Right now no Jeff Hardy will not be in the Hall of Fame. Yes everything he's done has been tremendous and and nothing short of amazing, but it's nothing that would be considered really worthy as of yet. Sadly he probably would have to pass away right now to get a nod. When he comes back, and depending on what he does or what Vince lets him do, he may reach that status. For now though, it's a no.

I think it all would depend on if he stayed on good terms with the company, look at people like Randy Savage and Warrior, who were really over, but because of their relations with Vince, they are probably not going in, except Savage maybe, because he may have patched things up. It's pretty much political, who ever is on good terms with Vince at the time has a chance of getting in. Jeff i believe would have a shot because he is on good terms, and he is incredibly over, but it won't be for a good 10-20 years from now, even if he retired today.

Right now no Jeff Hardy will not be in the Hall of Fame. Yes everything he's done has been tremendous and and nothing short of amazing, but it's nothing that would be considered really worthy as of yet. Sadly he probably would have to pass away right now to get a nod. When he comes back, and depending on what he does or what Vince lets him do, he may reach that status. For now though, it's a no.

Nothing that'd be considered really worthy? When you look at some of the inductees I listed in an earlier post, name one thing those men accomplished or did over the course of their careers that even remotely compares to what Jeff Hardy has done.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Jeff Hardy mark but I have to give credit where its due. Compared with many of the current members of the WWE Hall of Fame, Hardy just completely outshines them. Not even counting titles, Hardy has been involved in matches, some nearly a decade ago, that are still talked and raved about to this day. Take Koko B. Ware, for instance. Yes, he was pretty popular, had a colorful and flashy gimmick but never rose above the lower mid-card status in the WWE. Ultimately, his biggest accomplishment in the company was to be part of Hulk Hogan's team during the first Survivor Series and be involved in the "Piledriver" music video and album project. Not saying he wasn't a talented performer, but nothing he did even remotely compares to what Jeff Hardy has done with his career.

Simply put, if Koko B. Ware deserves admission into the Hall of Fame, then I fail to see what could be considered a reasonable excuse to keep Jeff Hardy out of it.

I think that KKarvox made the best point so far. It is pretty much all political and with Vince as the head politician, you gotta be good with him or you get jack. In terms of actual accomplishments, Jeff Hardy has this one solidly and I think he'll eventually be in the HOF, but not immediately as was mentioned before. Austin's a good example there of how long it could take. Hell, George "The Animal" Steele is there and I don't think he's had a single World championship in his entire career (although I might be flaunting my ignorance here and if so, I apologize.)

So, note to Jeff, if you want to eventually be in the HOF, make sure things don't go downhill with Vince. I think that Hardy is just iconic enough with all of his memorable performances that the WWE would be stupid not to include him eventually. Hopefully, however, we'll get lots more of these "edge-of-the-chair" experiences before Hardy goes.

Hardy will be in the hof. Both of em. I don't care for jeff hardy, never have, but he's going in to wwe's hall because he's a name. Hardy never had matches on the level of hbk, hart, austin, flair, hhh, and couldn't work the mic like a hogan or piper. Hell, he's not even in the same league as those guys. He jumps off of shit that's way up in the air and people love him for it. Its kind of a shame because, hardy will get in because of the merchandise he sells and he was over. A guy like sabu did all sorts of crazy shit before hardy was around. He won't get in but hardy will. I don't think hardy deserves it, maybe for the hardyz tag team, but as a singles competitor, no. It doesn't matter what i think though as the wwe hall is just about who vince wants in and who will draw people to the ceremony. So yeah jeffs going in, but i don't like it.

Look, I am a HUGE fan of Jeff Hardy. Then again... Up untill after money in the bank I have been a FAN not HUGE fan of cm punk. I understand all of the awesome things Jeff Hardy has done, but I don't see what makes him be in the hall of fame. Triple H should be, but... he's not in this conversation. I think that after all of Hardy's work, he shouldn't just get blown out like that on Friday. He should come to wrestlemania 26, and then Face Triple H and the underatker in a triple threat match. I think that the person who gets pinned should retire and lose the match. It would be cool if it was for the world heavyweight title. Anyway.. I think Hardy should retire in a cool or RESPECTFUL way. Or at leas with a big moment. So yeah I think hardy should be in the hall of fame, but only after a HUGE match like that.

Should Jeff Hardy get inducted to the HOF right now? No, not yet at least, Jeff Hardy will be inducted into the HOF someday, but he will most likely be inducted along with Matt as the Hardys. If Jeff doesn't come back to the WWE, he will still get inducted, as long as he doesn't go to TNA; once Matt retires(this assuming Jeff doesn't return), they will both get inducted.

Well.... I would have said yes until this recent arrest was announced.

He has more than enough credentials to be inducted and as one of the most over wrestlers of this time he'd have to be inducted someday. But, now he's gone and got himself arrested for drugs etc, 2 weeks after leaving the company.

I guess it comes down to how his charges play out. If he's slapped on the rist and he get's himself together and is taken back by Vince one day then yes, he will be inducted but it all comes down to how Vince would feel about it.

if he came back one day, and won more titles and had more moments, then yea he'd be in the hof, but if he never came back, then i'd say put the hardys together. but yea i think matts career is going to be an over glorified and relevant version of marty jannetty. u know he's the jannetty of the team, but still has a career. its not his fault though cuz more ppl like jeff cuz hes a spot monkey so..

I really am a fan of both Hardy's, and I think that they both could be in the HOF someday, but not now.

When they properly retire from Wrestling then I would be all for putting them in, but not for a good few years at least.

Besides, the WWE Hall of Fame isn't something to be taken that seriously.

considering some of the other members of the WWE HOF, Jeff has the credentials to get in. Will he? Well after his recent arrest, that we clearly have not heard the final outcome of, i doubt he will get in if he is convicted, or worse ends up dead. I truly hate to even talk about something like that, but the truth is unless something changes, i'm not as worried about Jeff getting into the Hall, as i am about Jeff going to prison. As i said, not all the facts are out, and Jeff Hardy has not been tried in a court of law, but the charges and consequences are out there, and if the worst happens, Jeff would be in really deep. All of that coming together says to me, if he is cleared or at least has a smaller commuted sentence he will be in, but if he is full on convicted he won't get in, though that really should not be the number one worry right now.

jeff hardy should defiantly be in the hof he helped make the business what it is today his name is just as known as anyone else in the wwe's history he been in every type of match you can think of he done everything in the wwe so why wouldn he be

This is an emphatic NO in my opinion. And how anyone could say otherwise baffles me. No one wrestler has done less to warrant the fans he has than Jeff Hardy. He hasn't done a whole lot in the big picture of things. Sure he draws money, but he's really not contributed to the business at hand. If anything, he's been a detriment to the wrestling industry with his actions. Besides his drug use, he does dangerous things in the ring, he hasn't really had a memorable moment that wasn't bad, and to me, he's extremely overrated as far as drawing money. Now, he sells merchandise...teenage boys and girls love his gear and his colors, but that doesn't make him a good wrestler or Hall of Fame material.

I know that the WWE has allowed some shady characters in the HOF, but Jeff Hardy's not even close to being HOF material. Putting him in the HOF basically says "Sure he was a junkie, a spot monkey, and mediocre at every facet of wrestling except making money, but we'll put him in the HOF anyway." I think the only way Jeff gets into the HOF is if he dies by something not related to drugs. Other than that, he's getting nowhere near the HOF.

well with the legal troubles he is in now then no. if he is able to clear his name and make a comeback then he will deffinatelly win a few more world titles and he will get in. unfortunattely for matt i dont see him ever becoming a true maineventer. he will get in but it will either be as the hardy boyz or his time in wwe will be long enough to let him in.

If he can get out of his situation right now and make a comeback to the WWE with a couple more title reign
under his belt I'm sure he can get in the HOF. But only if he gets out of the legal issues he has right now. i can't picture the WWE having a junkie in the HOF. Don't get me wrong I love Jeff Hardy, one of my favourite wrestlers but he needs to straighten his act or he doesn't have a future at all in the WWE.

But the Hardyz as a tag team should make it into the HOF. they were around in the days that Tag-teams were great. TLC after TLC and title reign after title reign.

No Jeff did what was in a tag team drugs and get cheered for being a reject. you know who else did that ICP should they be in the WWE HOF unless JCW kicks off no so IMO no to jeff in teh HOF.
Maybe comparing Jeff's Wrestling to ICP was too far but hey he doesn't deserve to be in the HOF because Edge and Christian were great and they did everything the Hardy's did but are better, who would you rather see in a ladder match Edge or Jeff, Edge because unless you want one maybe two geat spots you pick Edge. Jeff is just a highlight reel for 'the don't try this at home' clips. Is Jeff good yes, but not HOF good.

I belive the one day the Hardys... Matt and Jeff will be inducted as the should be, as one of the best Tag Teams of the attitude and WWE era. If Jeff cant sort out his drug issues than his chances are slim to none (just like Matt's chance at being a World Champion), even if he did have a good relation ship with VKM.

BTW im a hardy mark im just going with what i see as the truth.

Koko B. Ware is in the fucking HOF. If he is, Jeff Hardy should be. That is, of course, if you're talking kayfabe. Jeff Hardy is leagues above KBW in the sense that he actually made them some money, had a large following of fans, and was successful.

If you're talking about Jeff Hardy the person ever being in it, well then it all depends on what choices he makes. If Jeff just gets sent to prison and everything goes downhill, then no, he most likely won't be. If Jeff gets out of this, makes a return, sobers up, etc, then he could down the line.

Overall, I'd say no, he most likely won't be in the HOF, but if you're going by accomplishments, he'd have the credentials to be considered right now.

If Jeff can come back after sorting his inner personal stuff out and continue like he did in 2009 and 2008 i dont see why not. He just seemed to hit his prime in the last year and he didnt get the contract extended because WWE know he has alot of personal issues to work out beofore he can but WWE into the drivers seat. So on ring performance he did alot in the 10 years he was their The Hardyz were a innovative tag with the Duddleys and E&C look at their matches. Then in singles became one of the premier high flyers in the WWE and a 3 time World Champ within like 8 months so if he can make a comeback i think he can make the HOF

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back