If you were in charge of booking and creative; how would you right the ship?

Rossinater

Dark Match Winner
I would build to Roman,Seth,Brock and Drew in Fatal Fourway at Extreme Rules
Brock Lesnar wins Title. AJ Styles wins match against someone.
Summerslam
Roman Reigns Vs Seth Rollins and Drew McIntyre Vs Brock Lesnar Undisputed Era Debuts and beats down both Seth and Roman Drew McIntyre wins Title
AJ Styles wins match 2nd PPV in a row& is now Number 1 Contender @Monday Night Raw Styles is beaten bad and now injured going into Hell in A Cell
Hell In A Cell
Drew McIntyre Retains Vs AJ Styles For Universal Title-Bray Wyatt debuts attacks Drew after match-- Roman&Seth&The Usos vs Undisputed Era McIntyre Retains Title- Undisputed Era wins KO joins Undisputed Era
Clash Of Champions
OReilly&Strong Vs Usos __Adam Cole Vs Seth Rollins__ Roman Reigns Vs Kevin Owens
Strong Orielly win Adam Cole wins Roman Reigns Wins
Drew McIntyre Vs. Rising star Lars Sullivan
Drew Retains after DQ, Lars snaps out
Survivor Series
Undisputed Era W/Kevin Owens Vs Usos&Roman,Seth,AJ Styles @ Survivor Series
Drew Mcintyre in another 8 man match against Lars and crew so hes not defending title at ppv-Bray Wyatt lurking around playing mind games with McIntyre
**I Skipped the Saudi Show**
TLC
Drew McIntyre Vs Bray Wyatt for Universal Title
Bray Wins Title
Adam Cole Roderick Strong Vs Roman Reigns Seth Rollins
Fish&Orrielly Vs Usos in TLC match
Kevin Owens Vs. AJ Styles
Now you got Bray Wyatt as champion going into Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania season and a bunch of other main event talent in matches all revolving around the storyline
I just wrote this up in 30 minutes, I thought it would be cool to think like a booker. It is really hard and complicated as I got lost several times in my own storyline. They need to have an outline like this but it seems like they are just booking on a whim with no thought put into it.
This would be an interesting few months if they did something like this. WWE gets all complicated when booking should be pretty simple and follow a story or guideline.

Last edited:
There is only one real way they need to sit down with Vince and the BOARD and get assurances that what they book is what happens and that vince can no longer walk in on monday afternoon and say guys i want the whole thing re-writtern. Its all well and good coming up with a booking like above which isnt a terrible booking idea, but to right the ship you need a guarentee that what you book is whats going to happen otherwise there is no point having a booking team vince either needs to keep out of it or just book the damn show himself.
There are many other things i would do but im not sure this is the post for it

Vince is just killing the company and he does not realize it because their bottom line is better than ever. He constantly rewrites the shows and then nothing makes any sense. Like why is Baron Corbin fighting for the championship. There are so many other people that deserve that and so many wrestlers that would mesh well with rollins and put on a great match.

I started a thread similar to this one a month ago and i talk about some of the problems they go right now and how to fix some of them. One of the main problem is The WWE network as a whole.

I got nothing against the concept but they want to put fresh content all the time on the linear network and that comes at a cost. NXT shouldn't be featured as big as it is right now. Nothing against the brand but it's hurting the performers on the brand and it hurting WWE as a whole because a) they're not training them for the main rosters and helping them up their game when they finally get called up and b) the over exposure of some of the guys in NXT is pretty much making the main roster and Vince himself lazy. They think because those guys are over in NXT that they can just bring them in and continue pushing them like they did in NXT. That's why so many of them failed on the main roster because a lot of WWE fans don't watch NXT or even cares about the brand so when you bring somebody in without any introduction, fans just don't cares.

So to fix that problem, i Would Make NXT a permanant third brand on the same level as raw and smackdown and merge that brand with 205 Live. Also, to make sure i have more freedom in testing out and helping out some of the guys that i might be interested in putting on raw or smackdown at some point, i would either create a new developmental system or just partner up with a local promotion an use it to properly train those guys and test what works and what doesn't without having them on the spotlight all the time.

Also is creative as a whole. This is kinda a harder problem to fix because it's not like before they went public. They are getting a ton of money for tv rights fee and getting a+ level sponsorship plus they have to answer to the stockholders that don't want any controversy at all coming from the content of the company. But the thing is, that's can be fix within the pg barrier they have.

First you need to focus on just one demographic and book the show for them instead of trying to please everybody. If you want to booked for families and kids, forget about the 18 to 45 demographic that bitch about everything and just booked for the kids, at some point the rest will follow you for the most part and you will lose a small portion but if the product is good, you will regain that small portion with a newer fan base.

Secondly, drop the whole wildcard thing and go back to have A true Brand split again with single brand ppv. If you use the bigger stars like reigns, rollins and Styles, just to name these 3, correctly, you can create guy that will get over more organically then now. Don't be scare to have ricochet vs samoa joe and have ricochet maybe get over by feuding with a more over guy.

Also, don'T be scare to use the jobber match back, that's always been a great way to make anybody look like a superstar.

Thirdly, go back to what brought you to the dance and that's simple storytelling. Sometimes i feel Vince has so much pressure on his shoulders and just gives up and agrees to pretty much anything lazy ideas that comes up. If you don't use the same guys over and over again every week, you will get more peoples over and that'S a good think for they company plus if you give a little bit of freedom to some of the bigger star as far as promos are concern, they can actually get over with there own words instead of being stuck with scripts that makes no sense plus on the plus side, if Let's say a Roman reigns or Seth rollins as more freedom with his promo, they can afterward help some of the lower card guys learn out to cut good promo with only bullet point and maybe someday, the company will let them cut their own promo.

Finally, just sell the whole thing to disney or Fox and remove Vince and HHH from power. At the end, Vince is tired creatively but is still a great businessman and HHH as some good idea but is one of the worst businessman in the company. I feel that why Vince hasn'T stepdown already, Because HHH isn'T ready to take over and the shareholders don'T want him there. That's also why when ask about if he would sell the company, Vince was more open to the idea. The thing is WWE will live on way past vince death or even the death of all the remaining mcmahon. The brand isn't going anywhere anytime soon. The ship does have some holes in it but it's the type of holes that can be fix but you need to have a fresh perspective on the product and the Mcmahon's are too old school to realize that you need a major change for the product to be interesting again. So maybe after the sell of the company happens, Whoever buys it can bring in some fresh blood to fix some of those minor hole in the product.

If I was head of creative I'd demand that instead of hiring Dana Warrior and half of TNA's booking committee from yesteryear they instead hire the likes of Heyman, Regal, Edge, Raven etc.

Other than that, I've mentioned a few times about dropping the Brand Split. If not, then merge the tag-titles and the US/IC titles.

3hrs of both Raw & Smackdown is a killer, try to incorporate 205 & NXT in both, whether it's a recap or the main-event gets shown while the fans in attendance use it as an intermission or something.

More freedom for wrestlers to script their own promos, creative shouldn't need to do word for word promos, give the wrestler a few things to mention and let them run with it.

Downtime, a couple of weeks break over Christmas would lift morale. Final Raw on 23rd Dec. Break until 2nd Jan when Smackdown starts us off again.

In between, show Tribute to the troops, taped KoTR Tournament, best of Raw/Smackdown, the build up to Royal Rumble etc. Plenty of options to cover the time.

1 - More emphasis on the brand extension. The Big Four, Money in the Bank, and Night of Champions would be interpromotional, all other PPVs are brand-exclusive. Absolutely no crossover or mention of the other brand aside from those PPVs and the Draft, which would be a DRAFT again.
2 - Far less of skyrocketing every NXT call-up immediately. NXT call-ups should start at the bottom of WWE and earn their way up.
3 - No more "televised" NXT events. No Takeovers, no weekly show on the Network. NXT is a developmental brand and should be treated completely as such.
4 - Veterans should win 99% of their matches and only lose when it really matters. WWE can't make new stars because rookies constantly beat veterans who always lose, accomplishing nothing.
5 - SummerSlam should be held in stadiums like WrestleMania. Royal Rumble and Survivor Series should be in baseball fields (they've finally started doing this with the Rumble).
6 - Longer championship reigns (WWE is finally heading in this direction the last few years, it needs to continue). More emphasis on and longer build to major championship matches.
7 - Eliminate 205 Live and NXT UK, absorb their rosters into the untelevised NXT roster.
8 - Cut RAW to 2 hours.
9 - Make the brand extension legitimate by putting Stephanie McMahon and Triple H in charge of RAW, and Shane McMahon in charge of SmackDown, so we get two products with vastly different feels.

This would be a good start.

First thing I’d do is announce a Clash of the Champions where they’d merge several of the belts.

The two men’s world titles would be merged, as would the two women’s world titles, the men’s tag yield and the women’s tag titles.

There would be a match to unify the IC and US title too but I’d do the double pinfall finish and thus a turnaround at the next live show be it Raw or Smackdown! that those two belts would remain separate but one would be exclude to Raw the other exclusive to Smackdown!

Make a proper rankling system for the challengers to the titles so that you can have the Champions and current number one contenders to the world titles on both shows. Yes I would be keeping the brand split.

From there I’d make Raw more aimed at an older audience while keeping Smackdown! as more of a family show. This would then give the two shows more variety and a different feel.

Raw would be cut to 2 hours aswell.

Most PPVs would next exceed 3 hours unless it’s one of the biggies like Mania, SummerSlam, Survivor Series and Royal Rumble. But even then I’d cap it at 4 hours max.

Get rid of 205 live & have the Cruiserweights be on Smackdown! Start that show like WCW used to start Nitro with a good 10 minute Cruiserweight match.

NXT is something trickier imo to work out so I’d leave the NXT shows as they are for now and concentrate on them when the main WWE shows are sorted.

I think sorting out all this sort of stuff is important before focusing on storylines personally.

1. No written promos, bullet points only.

2. Every wrestler has a developed character with their input and everything they do has to make sense. For example, what’s Braun’s motivation? Why is he feuding with Lashley? Why isn’t he going after a title shot or getting angry?

3. No brand extension and no extra titles like 1 women’s, 1 midcard, 1 world.

4. Shorter PPV’s not 5 hours.

5. No more heel authority figures feuding with “rebel” faces. This isn’t 1998.

6. Weekly shows should continue storylines not be filler until PPV’s.

7. Don’t keep doing the same storylines and cliche’ things such as wrestlers getting distracted by someone coming out and accidentally hitting partners and them getting angry.

8. No more pins after basic moves. It’s ridiculous when wrestlers act shocked when someone kicked out of a move they never win with.

I would bin ‘nicknames’ for the sake of things. The over branding of every wrestler means they all feel very much the same. The Monster among men, The Scottish Psychopath, The Almighty, The Lone Wolf.

In the last 6 months everyone of these nicknames has become meaningless. Strowman is very much a face and has done nothing monstrous. The Scottish Psychopath needs no medical treatment, and does not attack in any kind of frenzy. The Almighty Bobby Lashley gets beat all the time and gets overpowered a lot. The Lone Wolf has had pals, even so far as to have all his pals attacked over the last few weeks cos they were gonna referee.

The gimmicks and the branding are utterly meaningless. The one character trait they are given is branded into a nickname and that’s it, your one dimensional wrestler is complete.

The match analysis is very poor also. Match finishes, replay of high spot and finish. I’d like to see more in depth analysis, showing a key moment where the tide turned, explaining how a wrestler built momentum.

I’d also like to see wrestlers training, showing how they worked out a clever reversal which gave them the chance to hit a big move etc. I’d like to see wrestlers training for specific opponents. So “sparring” sessions etc in the lead up to major matches. I also think it would be good to see wrestlers Linked to a trainer or mentor for a big match. WM12 main event was all built around how the two men prepared, who helped them prepare etc. We’re supposed to believe they turn up and just wrestle and at some point an opportunity arises and then they hit a big move and it’s over.

I'm gonna book as I type but I'll try to keep both Fan favorites and Company favorites relevant.

Stomping Ground finished and I'll start from there.

Seth Rollins is set to take on Corbin again with Corbin claiming ref issues in the last match. Seth says he knows Corbin will get his match by kissing the corporate offices arse but he wants more competition and thats why he's making things interesting and making it a triple threat match by letting Mustafa Ali have a one on one match with him next Monday and if he believes he can hang, he's in the match.

Rollins and Ali go head to head, clean match no interfering, Rollins gets the win but says this young guy deserves to be in the match.

Rollins Vs. Corbin Vs. Ali at extreme rules ends with Ali pinning Corbin to win the universal championship. Everyone is pleasantly shocked. Rollins immediately leaves as he is disappointed. Corbin gets up and hits the Deep Six and End Of Days on Ali leading to Brock Lesnar coming out. Lesnar with a few german suplexs. Ring the bell, Lesnar with 2 F5s for the dominant win.

Next night on Raw Ali is furious. First Brock cost him the MITB briefcase and now he stole the Universal Championship. Rollins is out next saying he wants his championship back and knows he's the only one capable of beating Brock. Cue Heyman who says theres enough room in Suplex City for both these men to go for a ride. Lesnar will take on both at the next ppv.

Ali pins Seth Rollins but the ref is out, he didn't see it. Brock is back and ends up getting the win.

Ali claims on Raw he won the match. He should have the championship with him right now. This time Brock is challenged by Ali for a one on one match at the next PPV. Ali WINS.

SMACKDOWN
Kofi Kingston just beat Ziggler again and wants a main event Challenger. A legend. He wants Orton. He knows he can prove to Orton that he can beat him and wants to do it in an Tables Match at Extreme Rules. Kofi WINS.

Next week, Vince says enough is enough. He wants a fresh Champion and so he says Xavier Woods will get a chance! To take on Big E in a match to determine the #1 contender for the WWE Championship. Big E. wins and faces fellow New Day mate Kofi at the next PPV. Kofi WINS. Hug post match.

Vince says Kofi impressed him very much but he still isn't Championship material. Out comes a legend (anyone) and Kofi beats them at the next PPV.

On the Smackdown debut on Fox Roman Reigns wins the WWE Championship.

It’s not about specific booking or feuds.

What WWE has to do is change philosophy. LET THESE GUYS/GALS get over organically. Take the overscripting away and let them sink or swim on their own charisma and ability.

Yes they will push people here and there regardless (as always was the case) but let them do it. Face, heel, tweener, whatever. Give these folks some leash and see what happens.

This alone will improve the product a hundredfold.

Here’s how I would do it to start. Do a roster-wide KOTR that starts on TV and culminates in a PPV.

Plan the first round obviously, but give them time to prep, and let them do their
Thing. Then as it
Goes on, listen to the crowd. Even if a superstar
Loses, remember that they had some heat. Build on it. But
Listen and basically let
The fans “choose” the winner.

In the aftermath, let
Them
Continue to develop themselves, and reinstate a damn contender system that matters and makes some damn bit of sense.

That’s my 2¢

1) End the Wildcard Rule - Roster trades allowed but no bouncing back & forth
2) New GM's for both Shows - Hogan - Smackdown, Edge/Christian - Raw
3) Limited McMahon moments other than Shane (large Smackdown Heel)

Primary Storylines
Raw -
Universal Title - Seth Rollins begins extended feud with Bray Wyatt - New Wyatt Family - Bray, Stroman, Lars Sullivan, B. Dallas & Kaitlyn (Sister Abigail)
US Title - great program with Richochet, Styles, Corbin, Miz, Cesaro, Lashley, & McIntyre
***Face Turn McIntyre and have him align with Rollins after he quits on Shane. New Shield - (Rollins/Styles/McIntyre)
Tag Division - Revival, Usos, The Club, New Face Team (Alexander & Benjamin), New Heel Team (Roode & EC3), and AOP
Women's Title - Becky Lynch starts feud with Shayna Bazler who is joined on the main roster with her side kicks Duke & Shafir

Smackdown
World Title - Kofi battles Joe, & D. Bryan
"Shane World Order" - Shane, Orton, Elias, S. Joe, Owens, & Zayn battle Reigns & Friends
I-C Title - Balor feuds with Nakamura, Andrade, Ziggler, & A. Black
Tag Division - Heavy Machinery, New Day, (Sheamus & Rusev), Lucha House Party, Owens/Zayn, Viking Raiders
Women's Title - Bailey, Charlotte, A. Bliss, & E. Moon stay primary as the singles stars

Women's Tag - Iconics, Asuka/Sane, Mandy/Sonya, Tamina/Nia, Natalyia/Naomi, Bliss/Cross

Keep matches less repetitive on weekly basis. Create a top 5 contenders list for every title that changes each week based on wins/losses at TV/Live/PPV Events. Use part timers when needed for big shows but not to always save the product. Need to invest in current talent and continue to build their characters up.

3. No brand extension and no extra titles like 1 women’s, 1 midcard, 1 world.

4. Shorter PPV’s not 5 hours.

5. No more heel authority figures feuding with “rebel” faces. This isn’t 1998.

6. Weekly shows should continue storylines not be filler until PPV’s.

7. Don’t keep doing the same storylines and cliche’ things such as wrestlers getting distracted by someone coming out and accidentally hitting partners and them getting angry.

8. No more pins after basic moves. It’s ridiculous when wrestlers act shocked when someone kicked out of a move they never win with.

Other than #1 and #5, this list would kill WWE within months.

Ok, well here it is. I would send everyone back to mid card performers. There are a few that have the charisma and over the top personalities but, they are not in the position to carry the company. No one in the top talent tier has the potential to be on the same level or even close to being near stone cold steve Austin. That is the problem. I mean no disrespect to some of the established guys like the undertaker or hhh or lesnar, but they are not full time. Cena is bad. Clumsy, too pg, and boring promos. Right now I think elias is probably the most likely candidate. In addition they need to go back to what they did during the attitude era. That is the biggest problem. I remember when vince came out and said that the audience is tired of having their intelligence insulted. Well vince you went back to insulting our intelligence again. I'm just a fan. I dont have the experience to make the calls. Jmo.

Tag Division - Revival, Usos, The Club, New Face Team (Alexander & Benjamin), New Heel Team (Roode & EC3), and AOP

Not going to lie. The prospect of a Cedric Alexander/Shelton Benjamin Tag Team really excites me. Maybe a mentor/student dynamic? Imagine the matches those two guys are going to be capable of with the likes of The Revival.

Good call.

One of the more immediate things i would do is bring back King of the Ring.
I would have that tournament with all the young up and comers participating. I would have video packages for each competitor where we get to know the talent. It is a perfect place to build future stars. They can make it a special TV event. It will give television a unique feel and feel important/special. You can establish so many future programs just by doing a tournament like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back