If You Were in Charge of the Current Talent in the WWE, Which WWE Superstars Would You Release?

Pineapple Boy

Brock Hood
If you were in charge of the current talent in the WWE, which WWE Superstars would you release? Not because you necessarily do not like them, but because you feel that it is just their time to go and that they are basically just wasting space on the roster and should be replaced by fresh new talent. You can include the NXT rosters as well if you wish.

I would have so many fans mad at me if I was in control, because I would be getting rid of A LOT of people, lol.

Raw
  • Baron Corbin - He isn't even fun to hate. I would just get rid of him completely. Boring.
  • Bo Dallas - B Team, B Team, GO GO GO!
  • Brock Lesnar - Time to go. I would keep Paul Heyman though.
  • Curt Hawkins - Blah, bye.
  • Curtis Axel - B Team, B Team, GO GO GO!
  • Goldust - I get it, he's been around forever. But time for him to go for good. Hall of Fame maybe?
  • Konnor - The team is just a flop and nobody cares about them.
  • Mojo Rawley - Never cared for the guy, I don't think anyone does? Not entertaining.
  • Rhyno - Similar to Goldust.
  • Viktor - The team is just a flop and nobody cares about them.
  • Brie Bella - I would rather keep Brie over Nikki. I would send her to SmackDown! and have her involved with Daniel Bryan. But thinking about it, I'd most likely say eff it and just release her.
  • Dana Brooke - She's cool I guess... But kind of a waste of space. WWE hasn't used her right and I think she'd be better off joining a different wrestling promotion.
  • Mickie James - She just doesn't get much of a reaction. She was good in her prime. She's not in her prime anymore. Time to go!
  • Natayla - I like Natayla, but my God has WWE made her career a joke. I'd just let the poor girl go already. Even though she's extremely talented. She deserves better.
  • Nikki Bella - She needs to just go do reality television, or whatever she is trying to do and stay away from WWE.
  • Sarah Logan - I hate, hate, HATE The Riott Squad! It was a cool idea at first, but I would put an end to the stable immediately by splitting up the stable, having Ruby Riott remain heel and turning Liv Morgan babyface... And as far as Sarah Logan goes, bye!
  • Tamina Snuka - She has been with the WWE for a long time and yet has done what? The majority of fans do not care for her and she gets little to no reaction from the crowd.

SmackDown
  • Aiden English - I like him, but other than the Rusev thing, I don't see him going anywhere.
  • Epico Colón - Bye!
  • Primo Colón - Bye!
  • Shelton Benjamin - WWE isn't using him right, I'd either release him or send him to NXT to be a trainer.
  • Sonya Deville - Everything about her is just horrible. I'd have to get rid of her.
Dang, I'd be releasing 22 people, lol.

With the current climate in the wrestling business, i wouldn't release anybody. I would rather keep as much talent as possible and paying them for doing live events then risking giving away possible stars to a rival promotion like AWE.

So unless somebody is ready to retire or move on, i wouldn't be releasing anybody from the main rosters as far as NXT is concern i would release anybody that they don't have a place on that roster in the present or future.

If it were up to fans, the entire roster would be cut.

...except for those that have momentum at the moment, like Becky Lynch.

The WWE has the dilemma of knowing that simply by being on a WWE program makes someone legit. If they release anybody, and they appear on TNA or NJPW, that company gets a boost in their ratings.

They seem to have an adequate roster of talent, and they've allowed some people (Braun, Lars, Randy) to completely shit the bed and still have a job.

the problem is they actually have to much talent so they either need to go back to the old days where you didnt have hulk on every show to give all talent tv time or drop how much of the show is taken u by talking but if i had control im telling you so many guys wouild be gone for multple reasons.

Honestly, very few would be released, as WWE has time and again showed they can repackage someone who has done little of note into a compelling character, even short term. Look at R-Truth as an example. A name that has been around for years (his first debut was in late 2000!) but has been either bobbing around the low card or not on tv at all, but every few years gets a moderate push (little Jimmy, his mini-push now) which make people care.

The biggest issue is not that WWE has a lot of dead wood, it’s that they aren’t using most people correctly. I’m glad it looks like the Major Brothers are getting reunited, and it’s about time WWE recognises the worth of tag team wrestling again, so perhaps some other singles wrestlers lost in the shuffle can be repackaged and reinvigorated as tag team wrestlers (it did wonders for Heath Slater and Rhyno for a few short months)

That said, I struggle to see an upside to the likes of Mojo Rawley and Tamina. If anyone were to be cut, I’d probably pick those two.

If I have to it would be Dillinger, Rowan, Tamina, and Ascension as my top five. I can't see them being much of a loss for WWE or any bit a gain for some competitor.

Next tier would be Corbin, Fox, Revival, and Mojo. They may have more value to WWE than the first group I mentioned but these five just are not for me.

But if I really had my run of WWE I would stop with the smoking hot interviewers. Mean Gene's death reminded me of when I used to actually pay attention to the wrestlers during the promos where they were trying to further get over and not just staring at boobs.

Ok, so looking at the roster and targeting those of questionable talent, attitude and just unsaveable.

Alicia Fox
Byron Saxton
Corey Graves
David Otunga
Kanellis, both of them
Mojo
No Way Josew
Tamina

And that's all. Quite a few people got saved because personally I'd rebuild the tag division.

RAW
Brock Lesnar
Chad Gable
Jason Jordan
Bo Dallas
Curtis Axel
Dana Brooke
Dash Wilder
Ember Moon
Gran Metalik
Heath Slater
Kalisto
Konnor
Lince Dorado
Mojo Rawley
Mickie James
Natalya
Scott Dawson
Tamina
Vicktor​

SMACKDOWN
Alexander Wolfe
Epico Colon
Eric Young
Killian Dain
Mustafa Ali
Naomi
Primo Colon
Rowan
Shelton Benjamin
Sin Cara
Tye Dillinger

Releasing:
  • Baron Corbin
  • Curtis Axel
  • Brock Lesnar
  • Tye Dillinger
  • Carmella
  • Goldust
  • Fandango
  • Mojo Rawley
  • Rhyno
  • Authors of Pain
  • Dana Brooke
  • Mickie James
  • Titus O'Neil
  • Hideo Itami
  • Tamina Snuka
  • Epico Colón
  • Primo Colón
  • Shelton Benjamin
  • Kane - Ambassador, no more matches
  • Big Show- Ambassador, no more matches
  • Sin Cara
  • Shane McMahon - as on air talent
  • Dissolve 205 Live as a brand - incorporate the talent into the main rosters, change the horrible title.
  • Undertaker - Ambassador, no more matches
  • Zack Ryder
  • No Way Jose
  • Lars Sullivan
  • Alicia Fox
  • Dolph Ziggler
  • John Cena - Ambassador, no more matches
  • Dean Ambrose - Interested in seeing what he can do away from the Machine.
Some of these are mercy releases. There are people who would benefit greatly from new opportunities with other companies.

Then you'll get talents who'll leave NXT and get hot elsewhere see Juice Robinson,Cody Rhodes and Kenny Omega are the best examples of when they leave developmental and Cody is what happens when you have a guy on the main roster who's underutilized and has something to prove. Guy's like him and Juice Robinson as long as they're treated properly will stay with who showed them love first, so they'd entertain WWE but most likely won't sign not when they had a chance.
Guy's I'd release would be
Mike Bennett- what is his purpose and I wouldn't worry about him as his stock is super low and with how he left ROH for IMPACT and IMPACT for WWE, I don't think he'll end up there.
The Colons- they're not a bad team but have been so poorly handled they'd have to totally be repackaged
Kenta- bcus we know where he stands
Aiden English- does nothing for me personally.
Shelton Benjamin- he's a waste of space
Jason Jordan- he been gone and nt really missed.
The Bludgeon Bros- even with their title run they've been poorly handled
Alisha Fox- self explanitory
Paige- as soon as her movie drops, she can't wrestle and her gm role is dead.
Natalya- she needs to be alongside her cousins Teddy Hart and Harry Smith in MLW, where her talents will truly shine.
Tyler Breeze- they destroyed him b4 he began.

Ronda Rousey, definitely. She's just another Brie/Maria/Maryse right now...

And that's why fans shouldn't run a wrestling company. The one person you would release is your biggest name you have on the roster as far as the mainstream media and casual fans are concern. IT's like saying you are in charge of the UFC and you will release Conor Mcgregor.

Raw
  • Baron Corbin - He isn't even fun to hate. I would just get rid of him completely. Boring.
  • Goldust - I get it, he's been around forever. But time for him to go for good. Hall of Fame maybe?
  • Mojo Rawley - Never cared for the guy, I don't think anyone does? Not entertaining.
  • Brie Bella - I would rather keep Brie over Nikki. I would send her to SmackDown! and have her involved with Daniel Bryan. But thinking about it, I'd most likely say eff it and just release her.
  • Dana Brooke - She's cool I guess... But kind of a waste of space. WWE hasn't used her right and I think she'd be better off joining a different wrestling promotion.
  • Mickie James - She just doesn't get much of a reaction. She was good in her prime. She's not in her prime anymore. Time to go!
  • Natayla - I like Natayla, but my God has WWE made her career a joke. I'd just let the poor girl go already. Even though she's extremely talented. She deserves better.
  • Nikki Bella - She needs to just go do reality television, or whatever she is trying to do and stay away from WWE.
  • Sarah Logan - I hate, hate, HATE The Riott Squad! It was a cool idea at first, but I would put an end to the stable immediately by splitting up the stable, having Ruby Riott remain heel and turning Liv Morgan babyface... And as far as Sarah Logan goes, bye!
  • Tamina Snuka - She has been with the WWE for a long time and yet has done what? The majority of fans do not care for her and she gets little to no reaction from the crowd
I could see it with a lot of these. Corbin sucks the energy out of the room whenever he's on the show, the B-Team's novelty is long since gone, the Ascension may be the biggest jobber team in WWE history, Rhyno has never been remotely interesting nor has Mojo Rawley, Dana Brooke is just there, Sarah Logan is the least interesting member of the Riott Squad though that's not saying much and Tamina is easily among the least interesting wrestlers to ever step in a WWE ring male or female.

The rest, however, doesn't really hold water. I'm tired of Lesnar as a champion, never even wanted him to be champion on the first place, and while I think he's massively overpaid, he does bring attention to WWE.

Goldust is loyal, has a lot of knowledge and letting him go means he just goes to work for AEW in some capacity.

I'd like to see where they're going, if anywhere, with Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins before I completely give up on Hawkins.

The Bella Twins aren't going anywhere as they've made too many friends who count in WWE and have a lot of connections in Hollywood, which Vince likes. I do feel they should just stick to reality TV as their latest return shows just how much they've let themselves go in the ring; they were never exactly great in the first place, but they were an embarrassment when they came back, Brie especially. Besides, getting rid of Brie would only cause tension with Bryan and Bryan is one of the most over stars WWE has had since the days of the Attitude Era and it's just not remotely worth running the risk.

Mickie James, to me, is as good, or better, as she's ever been but she's mostly there to elevate younger stars and I think that's great use of a veteran who still has a good deal to contribute. Mickie is almost 40 years old, she looks fantastic btw, but she's at a point in her life where the prime years of her career are done, she knows it and she's probably happy with her place.

As far as Natalya goes, I'd consider sending her to NXT and have her sort of be the female gatekeeper. I feel her star could shine in NXT but I don't think she considers her career a joke; when Natalya started with WWE, there wasn't really a viable women's wrestling scene, at least not one that you could really make any money being a part of. Truth be told, there's still not a lot of high profile platforms for women; the women's wrestling scene in Japan has really weakened over the last decade or more, Impact is barely a blip on the radar, ROH's women's division is basically just random matches featuring random women that we don't know much of anything about. Natalya has been extremely loyal to WWE, has always done what was asked of her without complaint, is sort of the den mother for the women of Raw and she'll have a job with WWE doing something for as long as she wants it. People with Nattie's kind of loyalty you just don't cut loose.

SmackDown
  • Aiden English - I like him, but other than the Rusev thing, I don't see him going anywhere.
  • Epico Colón - Bye!
  • Primo Colón - Bye!
  • Shelton Benjamin - WWE isn't using him right, I'd either release him or send him to NXT to be a trainer.
  • Sonya Deville - Everything about her is just horrible. I'd have to get rid of her.

Aiden English is reportedly transferring out of the ring to being a commentator. Reportedly, he's supposed to be part of 205 Live soon.

Primo & Epico I'd cut loose or maybe send to NXT to help some of the tag teams there.

To me, Shelton Benjamin was never anything special. During his first run in WWE, he was given several pushes, a couple of lengthy mid-card title runs and wins over guys like Triple H or RVD but he couldn't make fans get behind him because he has all the charisma of a jar of mayonnaise.

I'd keep Sonya Deville and get rid of Mandy Rose. Sonya has at least shown some ability and potential while Mandy is just another generic blonde sex pot who's act we've already seen over and over in WWE numerous times. Her 1 on 1 match with Naomi was her first real singles match and Mandy needs a LOT of work and since WWE is PG, it's not like they can really exploit her sex appeal to any real degree. On top of that, it's not like WWE is going to go backwards and start having nonsense like bikini contests and bra & panty matches. WWE already has plenty of good looking women on the roster who can also wrestle, so Mandy Rose and the IIconics are mostly just dead weight in my eyes.

I don't think I would get crazy by dumping to many but here are 3 from each roster that even a brand switch wouldn't save at this point. No need to cut any women because they need the numbers especially with the tag belts coming.

Raw
1) Viktor & Konnor (good hype on initial callup but just total jobbers now
2) Zach Ryder (just lost with no storylines)
3) Dolph Ziggler (great performer but I think he's gone stale and it's time to just move on from him)

Smackdown
1) Tye Dillinger (Clearly the perfect 10 peaked on NXT as he has gone no where)
2) Sanity (clearly Young & this group have failed to make an impact)
3) Gallows & Anderson (they would be better off in New Japan, Ring of Honor, or AEW

RAW:

• Apollo Crews: Completely talentless. Another nobody from NXT that fanboys kept telling me was going to "revolutionize" WWE and amounted to nothing.
  • Bo Dallas: Occasionally amusing as a comedy act, but not enough to warrant keeping him on salary.
  • Braun Strowman: He's been pushed as a top star for years despite not having the skill and talent to be a midcard guy. A waste of a main event position.
  • Bray Wyatt: Been on the roster going on six years now, has feuded with every top star in the business, and was even given a short WWE Championship run where he was in a WrestleMania main event, and has never been over. Wyatt just doesn't have "it" and never has.
  • Fandango & Tyler Breeze: Not one of these two has a single iota of talent. They're just jobbers, and have no potential to be anything greater. Breeze in particular was another overhyped NXT nobody who fanboys proclaimed was "the next HBK".
  • The Revival: They're decent in the ring but have the personality of mud. If they want to go to AEW, let them. They're not worth what they're paid.
  • The Lucha House Party: Cut the whole group. What a joke.
  • Mojo Rawley: He's never done anything in his career but hold Zack Ryder back.
  • No Way Jose: He's like a less talented Adam Rose. That's scary.
  • Rhyno: He was fun to watch 15 years ago, but his time has long passed and he's just a jobber with extra credibility.
  • The Ascension: They weren't ready to leave developmental when they did, and it cost them huge in the long run. They're useless now.
  • Nia Jax: Failed to get over as a face despite one of the biggest female pushes in history, and is only over as a heel because fans legitimately despise her. When you're a "body positive role model" and are getting mercilessly booed while the chick fat-shaming you is being wildly cheered, there's a problem.
  • Tamina Snuka: She's been in WWE for what, a decade? And has done NOTHING. She's only employed because of who her father is.
SmackDown:

• Sanity: Get rid of the whole group. Completely worthless.
  • Aiden English: He was helpful in getting Rusev over. He served his purpose.
  • The Colons: No Carlito, no buy.
  • The Bludgeon Brothers: Rowan is constantly injured, and Harper is dull as mud.
  • Tye Dillinger: Why is he even employed? He's not talented, he's not charismatic, and exists solely because NXT fanboys like chanting "TEN" at everything like ******s.
  • Shinsuke Nakamura: He tried to make it in the big leagues and failed miserably. Time to go back to the minors where he belongs.
  • Billie Kay: Peyton is a great callback to the Divas era. Billie serves no purpose.
  • Naomi: She had way over her 15 minutes of fame in the spotlight. She's not talented, she's not funny, there's nothing interesting about her. Just axe her.
The three other shows, I'dcancel entirely, saving the company millions of dollars a year, and keep a handful of talent from each show.

I'm kind of surprised to see so many people mention Alicia Fox. I think that she's one of the more interesting female talents. Her "few screws loose" gimmick is pretty great. Although, lately they have made the gimmick sort of lame. But like if we could get the crazy Alicia Fox back that would tear up the arena after she lost a match, and would try to be more psychotic and less comedic with the role, she'd be a good and entertaining heel. Maybe move her to SmackDown! and give her one last push and have her have a SD Women's Chamionship reign.

RAW:

• Apollo Crews: Completely talentless. Another nobody from NXT that fanboys kept telling me was going to "revolutionize" WWE and amounted to nothing.
  • Bo Dallas: Occasionally amusing as a comedy act, but not enough to warrant keeping him on salary.
  • Braun Strowman: He's been pushed as a top star for years despite not having the skill and talent to be a midcard guy. A waste of a main event position.
  • Bray Wyatt: Been on the roster going on six years now, has feuded with every top star in the business, and was even given a short WWE Championship run where he was in a WrestleMania main event, and has never been over. Wyatt just doesn't have "it" and never has.
  • Fandango & Tyler Breeze: Not one of these two has a single iota of talent. They're just jobbers, and have no potential to be anything greater. Breeze in particular was another overhyped NXT nobody who fanboys proclaimed was "the next HBK".
  • The Revival: They're decent in the ring but have the personality of mud. If they want to go to AEW, let them. They're not worth what they're paid.
  • The Lucha House Party: Cut the whole group. What a joke.
  • Mojo Rawley: He's never done anything in his career but hold Zack Ryder back.
  • No Way Jose: He's like a less talented Adam Rose. That's scary.
  • Rhyno: He was fun to watch 15 years ago, but his time has long passed and he's just a jobber with extra credibility.
  • The Ascension: They weren't ready to leave developmental when they did, and it cost them huge in the long run. They're useless now.
  • Nia Jax: Failed to get over as a face despite one of the biggest female pushes in history, and is only over as a heel because fans legitimately despise her. When you're a "body positive role model" and are getting mercilessly booed while the chick fat-shaming you is being wildly cheered, there's a problem.
  • Tamina Snuka: She's been in WWE for what, a decade? And has done NOTHING. She's only employed because of who her father is.
SmackDown:

• Sanity: Get rid of the whole group. Completely worthless.
  • Aiden English: He was helpful in getting Rusev over. He served his purpose.
  • The Colons: No Carlito, no buy.
  • The Bludgeon Brothers: Rowan is constantly injured, and Harper is dull as mud.
  • Tye Dillinger: Why is he even employed? He's not talented, he's not charismatic, and exists solely because NXT fanboys like chanting "TEN" at everything like ******s.
  • Shinsuke Nakamura: He tried to make it in the big leagues and failed miserably. Time to go back to the minors where he belongs.
  • Billie Kay: Peyton is a great callback to the Divas era. Billie serves no purpose.
  • Naomi: She had way over her 15 minutes of fame in the spotlight. She's not talented, she's not funny, there's nothing interesting about her. Just axe her.
The three other shows, I'dcancel entirely, saving the company millions of dollars a year, and keep a handful of talent from each show.

Aquamann living up to his reputation of being a complete fucking ret@rd.

Release - Wrestlers who don't offer anything - Jinder Mahal, The Ascension, The Colons, Tamina

Offer backstage role - Wrestlers who are getting closer to retirement - Goldust, Rhyno, Kane, Big Show, Shelton Benjamin

That's about it. Everyone else is worth keeping. Cutting half the roster or any top stars (like Lesnar, Rousey, or Strowman) is an easy way to lose a LOT of money.

Having a Brand Split means we'll probably not have the 'spring clean' we used to see with multiple talents getting released.

I'd release 10 just to freshen the rosters up (could do more):-

Mojo Rawley
Aiden English
Fandango
No Way Jose
---
Mickie James
Tamina
---
The Ascension
The Colon's

If it were up to fans, the entire roster would be cut.

...except for those that have momentum at the moment, like Becky Lynch.

According to everyone so far, from what my mildly inebriated mind can gather, this is what WWE would look like in each of your manageable hands (excluding Smackdown):

Raw
Alexa Bliss
Bayley
Bobby Lashley
Bobby Roode
Drake Maverick
Drew McIntyre
Elias
Finn Balor
Kevin Owens
Kurt Angle
Lio Rush
Liv Morgan
Matt Hardy
Paul Heyman
Sasha Banks
Seth Rollins
Ruby Riott

No NXT, no 205 Live. 17 serviceable names. This is depressing as hell if you think about it. Kinda glad this isn't up to us.

Last edited:
I would have so many fans mad at me if I was in control, because I would be getting rid of A LOT of people, lol.

Raw
  • Tamina Snuka - She has been with the WWE for a long time and yet has done what? The majority of fans do not care for her and she gets little to no reaction from the crowd.

SmackDown
  • Epico Colón - Bye!
  • Primo Colón - Bye!

Most I agree with.

But I would have Goldust retire, and keep Dustin Rhodes as a trainer, since he trains some of the talent at the Performance Centre.

I would use him in one of two ways:- He be a trainer, and occassionally be Goldust (like to make up numbers in a RR), or move him to NXT, and have him put over some of their talent. I think he would be good to give the rub to Velventeen Dream, for example.

I would retire Big Show and Kane as well.

I would relase the ones who don’t make any reaction from the crowd...
A lot of people said Breeze, Hawkings, Ryder or Fox (etc...), but they get a reaction.

For me, The Ascension (they are never winning anything due to Konnor drug tests), No Way Jose (failure as Adam Rose), Dana Brooke (really bad, hadn’t improve), Colons (only worty with Carlito) and Sin Cara (please fire him)
They, Big Show and Goldust can retire, Curtis Axel can work as a trainer also, Bo Dallas needs Bray Wyatt and I would say to Apollo to try to be himself or he is getting fired.

The reality is, WWE has shown that they feel as though they're locked in a battle for wrestling supremacy with a company that hasn't even released the card for their second (in some ways first) wrestling event, so they're not cutting bait with anyone if they can help it.

That said, most of 205 live could go, and the list that OP posted is pretty legit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back