I'm leaving on a jet plane...

Gelgarin

Gentleman of the Old School
I do know when I'll be back again, but I added the ellipsis to the title in order to annoy Sam.

When next I show up I will be an honorary communist in charge of teaching proper communists how to talk properly. Non racist translation: I'm moving to Russia tomorrow morning in order to teach English.

In so far as my emotionally dead husk of a soul can ever be persuaded to panic about anything I'm pretty nervous. It's a long time since I last decided to bother with gainful employment (just because it pays better does not make being a professional writer a proper job) and I don't speak a word of Russian nor have any idea what I'm expected to do once I get off the plane. I don't know who I'm going to be teaching or how much quote unquote "assistance" I am likely to receive in the area of lesson planning.

I only have a few weeks proper teaching experience as well; so the whole thing is going to be one new experience after another. I don't much like new experiences; I prefer to move gradually from one comfortable rut to another, but apparently this isn't an option when emigrating.

Wish me luck and all that shit. If I don't come back then I'm probably dead or just don't feel like it. Better odds on the former I forecast.

They tell me that I will. They're giving me a flat for the year which is supposed to include it.

That's not bad. Good luck commrade, hope you make an Impact on those guys. One note: Thesz and Gagne should be saved for later lessons.

Bravo for fucking overpriced airport wifi.

So you won't be watching the Royal Rumble with us?

Alas no. You'll have to survive in a Catherine free environment.
:disappointed: < That's me being disappointed, and green for some reason.

But Bound for Glory is right around the corner! We need you.

An occasional TNA LD might still be possible. The time is actually slightly less anti social, so I could potentially take in the odd episode in the morning before work. Unlikely to happen, but stranger things do almost every day.

<3

In other news; Russia is a lot like England would be if England was full of Russians. It seems like the culture hasn't evolved to the point where you can purchase a loaf of bread without talking to somebody though; which is disappointing considering that Norcal just doubled my vocabulary.

Wow... this took some serious balls, man. The best of luck to you. Here's hoping it goes better than you ever could have imagined.

So I just mended my broadband connection... in fucking Russian. Job is fine, had my first day today, way fine... but I just fixed my broadband connection in fucking Russian.

In other news; Russian broadband is much, much faster than English broadband. This is nice.

I would say I'm surprised but considering the governments "commitment" to high speed broadband their idea of high-speed isn't exactly ambitious (in the UK I mean).

Have you had your first lesson yet? How was the 'support'?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back