IMPACT Wrestling LD - All Dates

Yeah I've been trying to watch a little of it during the commercials/musical performances. Nothing special from what I've seen.

Kongo Kong really does have the most awkward body in pro wrestling history. He's supposed be 300+ lbs, but looks like he couldn't lift the press bar, let alone heavy weights.

I really do like Drake as champion, but has he seriously held the title more than 100 days? It's so weird... it really doesn't feel like it.

Have I missed it or has Impact never explained who Jacobs is? He just showed up at Bound For Glory, said he's here to help, and kind of pops in and out every now and then. Are we just supposed to know where he was before he got here?

Impact Wrestling
Date: December 14, 2017
Commentators: Jeremy Borash, Josh Matthews

Impact actually has some wrestling competition tonight as WWE is presenting its annual Tribute to the Troops. This week’s big match is for the vacant Knockouts Title as Rosemary vs. Laurel Van Ness wraps up the mini tournament. Other than that we’re likely to get more build between Alberto El Patron, Johnny Impact and Eli Drake for the World Title. Let’s get to it.

Click on the link below for the full review.

Just Don't Talk

Have I missed it or has Impact never explained who Jacobs is? He just showed up at Bound For Glory, said he's here to help, and kind of pops in and out every now and then. Are we just supposed to know where he was before he got here?

Nah, they never really explained it. They kind of alluded to him being a legend on the indies. But that's about it.

I've watched like four seconds of these highlights shows. I get they are just checking boxes to get to the next tapings, but highlights shows are boring as sin.

The best part: they've managed to botch something even on these shows.

A lot of the times where they go to a match, the commentary is in mid SENTENCE. I know they have no budget, but there's no one to say "maybe we should start this a second earlier"? Really?

Impact Wrestling
Date: January 4, 2018

We’re back to the regular shows after two weeks of Best of 2017 episodes drew higher audiences than the standard ones. This is a big week as well with multiple title matches, including Eli Drake defending the World Title against Alberto El Patron in a match which might be taped from a WrestlePro event. Let’s get to it.

They Need To Get Out Of The Infield

Impact Wrestling
Date: January 11, 2018
Commentators: Josh Matthews, Jeremy Borash

After last week’s stacked card containing four title matches and a loser leaves town match, it should be interesting to see what the company has for a follow up. There’s a good chance that they won’t have nearly as much to offer tonight and you really can’t blame them on that front. Let’s get to it.

Let Me Talk To Ya....About Getting Someone New

Impact Wrestling
Date: January 18, 2018

This is another interesting show as the main event is a big barbed wire match between LAX and OVE. Well in theory at least, as for some reason that is airing on Impact’s new Twitch channel just after the regular show ends. Not that they advertised that last week or anything. There’s also a “World Title match” in the form of more clips from another promotion’s show. Let’s get to it.

Nope. No No, No No No, No No, NO!

If that kind of nonsense is the best they can do, f*** this company, f*** everything about it, and f*** everyone who got them to the point where this is the best they can do. I just spent two hours watching a commercial for this death match bull**** that they hyped up all night because "oh no, POP TV, the freaking TV Guide Channel" won't air it because they actually have standards". This stuff is horrible and the reason wrestling is looked down upon, much like TNA as a whole. Gah I hated this stuff.

Impact Wrestling
Date: January 25, 2018
Commentators: Josh Matthews, Jeremy Borash

So apparently this is one of their big shows, which was only first mentioned last week. Most of the titles are on the line tonight, including a triple threat match inside a cage with Eli Drake defending against Johnny Impact and Alberto El Patron. It’s hard to say what else they might throw out here so let’s get to it.

The Beginning of the Good?

Yeah. I'm excited to see how well this all translates to TV, though.

Have you noticed how much more humble and active Impact is on Twitter these days, too? They're even sending out SurveyMonkey links after every episode to ask fans to judge them, asking what they want to see more of, etc. Good stuff.

Yeah, well, it also speaks to the charges they've faced over the years of not giving the fans the type of product they actually want. With D'Amore and Callis they seem to be clearly caring about that feedback.

True, but they need to do more than cater to their hardcore fans. That's not going to get them anywher.e They can be part of it but not the majority.

The following is a minor annoyance and not a big deal.

On TNA's site, there's a featured article about Matt Sydal winning the Grand Championship. However, if you go to the Champions section, it's still Carter. Why isn't this kind of thing taken care of? It should be as simple as changing a picture, which should take ten seconds.

True, but they need to do more than cater to their hardcore fans. That's not going to get them anywher.e They can be part of it but not the majority.

I don't see this as a catering to their base at all. Have you seen some of these surveys? To me, they appear to be broad, casting a net to capture new fans as well as old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back