Int Region, Minn Subregion, Second Round: (4) Kurt Angle vs. (20) Barry Windham

Who Wins This Match?

• Kurt Angle

• Barry Windham

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the International Region, Minneapolis Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Target Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota

url

url

#4. Kurt Angle

Vs.

476872-barry_windham.jpg

#20. Barry Windham

This match takes place 1 week after round 1.

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

It's Kurt Angle all day, every day. Someone is going to come in here and quote one of the fucking Horsemen DVD's verbatim about how Barry Windham was one of the best ever, best athlete ever in the ring, great world champion, bullshit. Barry Windham was one of the most boring, and forgettable, main eventers ever.

Kurt Angle is a better athlete and bigger draw then Windham ever was. His list of accomplishments speaks for itself. The guy is a multiple time world champion in multiple companies. Kurt makes Windham tap out.

I don't know much about Barry, but I've been watching Angle do his thing since I was just a wee little Pancake. Kurt Angle to this day still proves he can be a Main-Event caliber wrestler and has constantly put on outstanding matches. And not to forget he is also a very accomplished athlete and a multi-time world champion it makes it very hard to find a reason to not vote for him. I am going to wait till I hear some arguments for Barry before I cast my vote.

Things like research are important in these tournaments, absolutely, but if you're going to regurgitate someone else's opinion, make it Shocky's. And he's right here. Windham was a guy who seems to me to have needed Flair to leave before he properly had a chance, and he didn't set the world on fire. I think Angle tends to be overrated by the IWC, but he was a main eventer on merit and should continue here.

It's Kurt Angle all day, every day. Someone is going to come in here and quote one of the fucking Horsemen DVD's verbatim about how Barry Windham was one of the best ever, best athlete ever in the ring, great world champion, bullshit. Barry Windham was one of the most boring, and forgettable, main eventers ever.

Kurt Angle is a better athlete and bigger draw then Windham ever was. His list of accomplishments speaks for itself. The guy is a multiple time world champion in multiple companies. Kurt makes Windham tap out.

I would be that guy, but Windham's never faced a freak of nature like Kurt Angle. Windham's size and move set will not fare well for him as Angle's about stretching limbs and locking ankles.

Windham isn't above tapping out when he's tweaked to the point of no return. Flair's figure four made him pass out. So will the Angle Lock.

Angle wins this in a hard fought battle. It's true.

Barry Windham was good, and a deserving World Champion but this is Kurt freakin' Angle we are talking about, one of the greatest to ever step into the ring.

Angle has been consistently putting on great matches ever since he joined the WWE, his list of accolades speak for himself. He doesn't get intimidated by anyone, no matter how good they are and his intensity will give him the edge in this. The guy is a wrestling machine, and I would be willing to put him up against pretty much anyone in this tournament.

Windham was good, Angle is better. It's as simple as that.

Winner: Kurt Angle

Barry Windham is an underrated guy that never really got his due. Overall, he was one of the best of his time in my view.

However, he's in there against Kurt Angle and Angle is someone that was just on a whole other level in almost every area than Windham ever was. Angle in his prime was a friggin' wrestling machine. He could brawl with you, he could take you to the mat, he could even do some high flying stuff when he wanted and do it with ease. Angle is someone that's been a truly dominant force in pro wrestling for roughly 14 years and became a 10 time World Champion along the way. As much as I hate to say it, Windham is a guy that was a career mid-carder and never came close to being what Angle was.

Angle takes this match about the 12-15 minute mark via the ankle lock.

This one easily goes to Angle. He's beaten the best of the best and while Windham was great he was never the best of the best. Angle came into wrestling and got wins over Chris Jericho, The Rock, Undertaker, and Triple H within his first year or so and never slowed down. Barry Windham was great but unless he was against Ric Flair he never seemed like a consistent main event guy. Angle advances.

This is one of those matches where if they got 20 minutes they would receive a standing ovation. At the end of it though, there's no way that it's anyone but Angle standing tall. It would take about three Angle Slams and a few ankle locks, but Barry would tap out and no amount of lariats is going to help him. Great match but Angle takes it. He's just too good and he excels against guys bigger than him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back