Int Region, San Fran Subregion, Round 1: (2)Randy Savage vs. (31) Masahiro Chono

Who Wins This Match?

• Randy Savage

• Masahiro Chono

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the International Region, San Francisco Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Cow Palace, San Francisco, California.

Cow%20Palace.jpg

savage.jpg

#2. Randy Savage

Vs.

Bonzaikid.jpg

#31. Masahiro Chono

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Randy Macho Man Savage is not yet in the WWE HOF. Some question whether he ever will be, despite numerous accomplishments and being one of the best personas in WWFE history. The man is a champ and honestly is second to none. Masahiro Chono is a non-factor in this match for obvious reasons.

4dd92035797b4.jpg

The march to get Macho Man into the WrestleZone Forums Hall of Fame starts right here. Get in.

Savage by elbow drop. 9 minutes.

Chono has had quite a decorated career in Japan, and a cup of coffee in WCW as a midcarder, but Savage is revered worldwide. He was one of the forerunners to smaller wrestlers making it big; his WrestleMania match at the BIGGEST Mania of all still holds water as arguably the greatest of all-time 25 years later (!); a pair of WWF titles runs, and more titles in WCW. If he arrived on the scene at any time other than the exact era Hulkamania was running wild, Savage might be remembered as the greatest ever. The Macho Man takes this one. (Sorry, if you can't tell, I'm just a TAD biased toward Savage.)

Chono is one of the few Japanese guys that I like, but at the end of the day Randy Savage is one of the biggest names of all time anywhere in the world. When he got rolling there was no one, not even Hogan, that could slow him down. This is another case where a great wrestler like Chono just got a bad draw against a much bigger star. Savage wins but it's a good match.

KB said it all. Chono was a pretty big name but I don't think he reached the level that Savage did. Savage's popularity challenged that of Hulk Hogan in the late 80s. That's saying a lot. I think he is possibly among the top five well known wrestlers in the United States. Whether it was a midcard feud against Jim Duggan or a mania main event against Hulk Hogan Savage always gave it his all. He moves on here.

It's hard to say much without regurgitating but essentially, you have one of the best wrestlers of all time, against a decent wrestler from Japan, but there's little else to add. Savage was able to beat the best of them, and I expect that he will go deep into this tournament, and perhaps finally reach the much later stages as he should have done in the past.

Chono has a tough draw here. He's a great wrestler and in Tokyo, I could see Savage being clumsy enough to get trapped into the STF... but in an average match, Savage wins in about 10 minutes with the Bionic Elbow. Why? Savage is someone who could string you along and all of a sudden, BAM! FREAK OUT! And Savage manages to get into Chono's head, and one mistake causes Savage to win.

DIG IT?!

Chono is good, but was only ever a mid-card talent in the US, even though he had alot of success in Japan. Savage is Savage, one of the biggest names of all time.

I think its safe to say Macho would have no problem sending Chono packing in this one after a top rope elbow. He will go far in this tournament I think.

Winner: Randy Savage

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back