Int'l Region, Fargo Subregion, Second Round: (3) Shawn Michaels vs. (14) Giant Baba

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Shawn Michaels

• Giant Baba

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the International Region, Fargo Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under International Rules. It will be held at Fargodome in Fargo, North Dakota.

350x200_73.jpg

hbk_original.jpg

#3. Shawn Michaels

Vs.

giantBaba3.jpg

#14. Giant Baba

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Giant Baba won lots of titles because he was really good. Michaels won a lot because he threw his toys out of the pram all the time and kept being given chances to get it back. I enjoy Michaels' matches on the whole, but I think the reality is he wasn't a draw and against a legitimate huge name like Baba he'd come up short in the conversation. With that in mind, I have to vote with Baba.

It's the same thing I said in Shawn's first match against Hack.

Baba was awesome at winning.

Shawn was awesome at losing.

Vote Baba. Better draw, better respected by his peers, and I'll go controversial and say he was an overall better wrestler.

Baba is awesome full stop. If you ever watch Yojimbo (The movie that the man with no name is based upon) He is in that. What movie has Shawn Michaels been in? Baba won Titles because he was awesome and one of the top 3 draws in Japan.

Vote Correctly. Vote Baba

This match takes place in the middle of nowhere USA where it snows all the time and Shawn Micahels has no huge fanbase. Neutral ground. Giant Baba is one of the most accomplished wrestlers in Japan and has defeated the following...

Harley Race
Gene Kiniski
Jack Brisco
Dick The Bruiser
Bobo Brazil
Demolition in tag team action
The Funks in tag team action
Among several others...

He was a 3 time NWA champion, held in great regard by the NWA committee and served as vice president of the organization. Shawn Michaels took his ball and went home after years of not putting people over or drawing any money.

Giant Baba is the correct choice here. He should win. He was a bigger star, was a better champion, and left a more important legacy. Michaels received allot of hype from WWE simply because of his marketability late career.

Don't let the "WWE Greatest Ever" DVD fool you. Baba was better and should win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back