Intl. Region, Houston Subregion, Second Round:(7)Ultimate Warrior vs.(10)Daniel Bryan

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Ultimate Warrior

• Daniel Bryan

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the International Region, Houston Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under Standard Wrestling Rules. It will be held at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas.

toyota-center.jpg

ultimatewarrior0142.jpg

#7. Ultimate Warrior

Vs.

daniel-bryan-1_0.jpg

#10. Daniel Bryan

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

This is going to be a very interesting match to watch. On one hand, you have a guy that reached his prime a little less than a week ago. On the other hand, you have a guy that died a little less than a week ago. To be honest, I'm undecided on where to vote on this match, but if you were to point a gun against my skull, I'd go with Warrior, at least at the moment

The fighting styles leave Warrior at somewhat of an advantage due to Warrior's reputation of no-selling strikes, which just so happens to be Bryan's main method of attack. Warrior's attacks are enough to knock Bryan off his feet, not only causing damage to Bryan but wasting his energy in getting up, while only Bryan's riskiest attacks can knock the Warrior off his feet or cause more than superficial damage. However, while Bryan's fighting style can be reckless, he can also be very methodical and intelligent in the ring, and can make exactly the right moves to outmanoeuvre the Warrior and whittle him down. At the end of the day though, only a very carefully placed Knee Plus could win Bryan the match, but this is something Bryan has proven he is capable of in important matches. Warrior in the meanwhile has an easier time lifting Bryan for the gorilla press before taking the wind out of his sails with a Warrior splash.

Let's not overlook both of these men's under-appreciated traits in the ring: Bryan's endurance and Warrior's speed. Bryan has proven that he can suffer grave injuries only to come back and snatch the match from his adversaries (to be fair, Bryan was left for dead and was opportunistic in his victory seizure, but that doesn't count against his endurance). On the other hand, Warrior moved around the ring rather quickly, and whilst he wouldn't be outspeeding Bryan, he can keep up with him and intercept any of his moves if fully prepared. So both men have the ability to combat one another if needed, but Warrior's superior strength gives him the advantage in the match-up.

In past victories, Warrior also has the slight edge. I consider Bryan's biggest victory against Cena at Summerslam, whilst Warrior's biggest victory was against Hogan at Wrestlemania 6. Here's the game-changer though: The Ultimate Warrior was the FIRST guy to pin Hulk Hogan clean in his prime, whereas CM Punk pinned Cena in his prime clean at Summerslam 2011, as did the Rock at Wrestlemania 28. Bryan's clean pinfall victory over Cena wasn't the first of its kind, whereas Warrior's over Hogan was.

I can see Bryan winning with a sucker punch running knee, but the vision of the Warrior splashing Bryan after a gorilla press is strongly indented into my mind also. Honestly, it could go either way, but because Bryan is too early into his prime, I think Warrior is the more reliable choice. I can be persuaded towards Bryan, but for the time being, I'm in the Warrior camp.

My goodness.

Timing is everything right?

Daniel Bryan's JUST NOW coming into his own as a single's wrestler. It took him a few years to finally get to the top of the profession. He also did it against Dave Batista and Randy Orton. Impressive? Sort of?

Ultimate Warrior's reign of terror began when he took out Honky Tonk Man in under a minute to win the Intercontinental Championship. HTM held that belt for over TWO YEARS! And in one minute, Warrior took it from him.

And Warrior also did the unthinkable... he beat Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania VI... during the middle of Hulkamania. Think about that. The single hottest wrestler in the entire world who is still drawing mega houses and selling merchandise out the ass goes down to the Ultimate Warrior on the biggest wrestling stage there is.

Right now, Warrior's resume is much more impressive. Five years from now, Bryan will be closer to Warrior, but not right now.

Vote Warrior. I mean the man died this Tuesday for Pete's sake.

Daniel Bryan would need to land about a dozen flying knee strikes to keep Warrior down.

Exaggerations aside, Warrior is too much for young DB. Then again, DB beat Cena, so it's not as one-sided as some may argue.

Bryan will get his share of smark votes (not as many this week given Warrior's death) but he is in over his head with one of the only guys to ever get a clean win over 80's babyface Hogan, which, my friends, was a big fucking deal.

I'm voting for Daniel. Don't like it? Blow me. I've always felt like Warrior was under appreciated around here in the past but now that he's worm food his legacy is getting blown out of proportion.

Warrior's gonna win, and he should, but I'm not going to vote for a guy who I find competely unwatchable over a guy I can watch all day without getting bored.

I'm voting for Daniel. Don't like it? Blow me. I've always felt like Warrior was under appreciated around here in the past but now that he's worm food his legacy is getting blown out of proportion.

Warrior's gonna win, and he should, but I'm not going to vote for a guy who I find competely unwatchable over a guy I can watch all day without getting bored.

You just made one of the most honest post i've seen on here. To be fair I would've voted for Warrior either way. Just because i don't think Bryan is there YET.

Winner: warrior with a splash

Maybe in a year or two DB could overtake him but not now. Warrior did something that no one else ever could. Beat a prime, face Hulk Hogan 100% clean. That victory at Wrestlemania 6 is still a bigger win and ins more impressive then what DB did at Mania 30.

I'd also like to point out that although Warrior wasn't some amazing in ring worker, when the lights were shining bright he put in some amazing performances. His Mania 6 match against Hogan and Mania 7 match against Savage were both great (and both victories).

Why are so many of you so anxious to blow Nate?

This match up should help the coroner determine Warrior's death a suicide. The only question is whether or not he was looking for Michael Jackson level sympathy votes or he was just too ashamed to see the outcome.

Bryan wins this match for one of three reasons:

1) Warrior no shows because he doesn't think he is ranked high enough or getting paid enough.

2) In 2014, his gimmick is deemed offensive and protested by Native, African, Vegan, Gay, Atheist, and Christian Americans forcing the booker to book him to lose.

3) Say the match actually happens without incident (unlikely), Warrior's intensity is his undoing. He's gonna run at Bryan and Bryan is going do his flippy things and jumpy kicks to make Warrior burn out in about 3 minutes. Bryan puts Warrior in a submission maneuver and Warrior does not know what the fuck is going on. He isn't smart enough to know how to tap and just passes out. Then he paints.

Bryan wins and not just because I don't want to blow Nate.

Warrior for me in this round simply because he pinned Hogan clean at Wrestlemania. That was unthinkable at the time. Not sure if Hogan even got pinned clean again until the Rock did it. Warrior would be too much for DB right now. It would take a a lot of Daniel Bryan offense to keep Warrior down. Warrior moves on.

Warrior did at Wrestlemania 6 what Bryan basically just did at Wrestlemania 30: win the world title and become the biggest face in the company. Except Warrior went through the biggest name in wrestling history, while Bryan defeated a past prime HHH and won it in a triple threat where the focus wasn't entirely on him.

Warrior is an icon. He is a legend. Even if Warrior hadn't of passed, his return to the WWE demonstrated the magnitude of his influence on the industry. Bryan is just now hitting the level that separates icons and legends from the other big names one echelon down. He's not on Warrior's level yet, and in no way, shape, or form would he or should he go over him.

Vote Warrior.

Here is a list of the biggest names in wrestling in the 1980s:

Hulk Hogan
Randy Savage
Andre the Giant
Ultimate Warrior
Ted DiBiase

Here is a list of the biggest names in wrestling in the 1980s that Warrior beat:

Hulk Hogan
Randy Savage
Andre the Giant
Ted DiBiase

Here is a list of all the faces that ever beat the Ultimate Warrior:

Bryan has been a face the whole time he was successful, and I'm sorry but he has done nothing to suggest that he could do what Hulk Hogan couldn't. This has to be a win for Warrior.

I love Daniel Bryan Danielson passionately, and I really think to story with him that started back around SummerSlam is one of the best things WWE has done in years, but he's not at Ultimate Warrior level yet. This may be a completely different match in a couple years, but for now, I'll take the man that pinned Hogan.

I threw my vote into Bryan, but am under no guise that he goes over here. It should be Warrior, and it should be fairly decisive. Warrior may not be an elite member of wrestling lore (read; he didn't draw dick), but you can't deny the impact he had on wrestling. I'll still argue that he flopped as the guy after Hogan, but just getitng the rub from Hogan is enough here.

Take it from someone who watched Warrior's apex and never watched WWE's hitpiece on him, the guy was a flash in the pan. He was a mistake. He was everything folks on the internet accuse Vince McMahon of and have hated about WWE over the years. He was part of one of the stupidest moments in television history with Papa Shango. He flamed out similar to the way Goldberg did.

And anyone who thinks WM 6 was part of Hogan's prime is really being unfair to 1984 to 1988. Tell me why I'm wrong about that. Warrior beating Hogan didn't surprise anyone, not because Warrior was that good, just cause we knew Vince had nothing better going on.

If this match comes up again next year I might vote for Bryan. Right now it goes to Warrior. Warrior was just too dominant and beat all the big names he went up against. His prime may have been brief but Bryan is just getting started. I need to see more from Bryan before I vote him over The Ultimate Warrior.

This is going for Warrior definitely, but it seems like some of you are ignoring the fact that Bryan is one of the few guys to defeated CLEAN Cena for the WWE championship. I mean who else has done it? Triple H and that's all the names that came to my mind. He also has beaten Evolution clean in one night. Like I said, I know this goes to the Warrior, he has pinned clean Hogan, something not everyone can say, but DR has some similar accolade.

I think if we were having this debate in a couple of years time, then Bryan would have a lot more votes. However, we aren't and I am voting for Warrior.

Bryan has JUST come in to what you would call his prime, winning the title at WM just a couple of weeks ago, and we haven't yet seen what he can do as the main guy in the company. Personally I believe he will be a success, but for now we don't know. I know he's held World Titles before, but he looks set for a decent length run this time positioned as a real top guy.

Warrior beat THE MAN at Wrestlemania to win the WWE title, at a time when Hogan losing clean was shocking. He held the IC and WWE titles simultaneously and dominated everybody. Although his time at the top was brief, he had a massive impact on the business.

Warrior for the win here

I think if we were having this debate in a couple of years time, then Bryan would have a lot more votes. However, we aren't and I am voting for Warrior.

Bryan has JUST come in to what you would call his prime, winning the title at WM just a couple of weeks ago, and we haven't yet seen what he can do as the main guy in the company. Personally I believe he will be a success, but for now we don't know. I know he's held World Titles before, but he looks set for a decent length run this time positioned as a real top guy.

Bryan beat Cena months ago and he was pretty hot for a while even before that. I would argue that Bryan has been in his prime for almost a year.

Warrior beat THE MAN at Wrestlemania to win the WWE title, at a time when Hogan losing clean was shocking. He held the IC and WWE titles simultaneously and dominated everybody. Although his time at the top was brief, he had a massive impact on the business.

It really wasn't a surprise. We were THREE years past WM3, it was clear to anyone that Vince wanted a new top guy and Hogan had bigger and better things to do with his time. Hogan's back was even somewhat of a question mark at this time. Warrior was just a failed attempt of replacing Hogan. Not the easiest thing to do but still a mistake.

Warrior for the win here

Most likely.

Take it from someone who watched Warrior's apex and never watched WWE's hitpiece on him, the guy was a flash in the pan. He was a mistake. He was everything folks on the internet accuse Vince McMahon of and have hated about WWE over the years. He was part of one of the stupidest moments in television history with Papa Shango. He flamed out similar to the way Goldberg did.

And anyone who thinks WM 6 was part of Hogan's prime is really being unfair to 1984 to 1988. Tell me why I'm wrong about that. Warrior beating Hogan didn't surprise anyone, not because Warrior was that good, just cause we knew Vince had nothing better going on.

Here's the thing though. Warrior may have been a flash in the pan but he was a good flash in the pan. He beat all the big names at the time, was the first guy to hold the WWE and IC titles at the same time and was clearly a big enough deal to be the headliner of the 2014 Hall Of Fame. Just because something is short doesn't mean it's not good. Sometimes it's better to have a short run rather than have a long one where people only remember a particular part of your career (Hogan, Flair etc)

Warrior's run is like Blitzkrieg Bop by The Ramones. Short, sweet, memorable and people remember it years after it happened

Here's the thing though. Warrior may have been a flash in the pan but he was a good flash in the pan. He beat all the big names at the time, was the first guy to hold the WWE and IC titles at the same time and was clearly a big enough deal to be the headliner of the 2014 Hall Of Fame.

Hasn't Bryan also beat plenty of this generations big names? Cena, Orton, HHH, Batista etc.? Is holding two titles that impressive when one of the titles is the IC? Do you think DB couldn't just go win the IC title right now if he tried? And Warrior headlining the hall is fine but it's not like Carlos Colon was making the headliner a tough decision.

Just because something is short doesn't mean it's not good. Sometimes it's better to have a short run rather than have a long one where people only remember a particular part of your career (Hogan, Flair etc)

Warrior's run is like Blitzkrieg Bop by The Ramones. Short, sweet, memorable and people remember it years after it happened

See that's the thing. So many people ate saying they may vote for DB in a few years. They are saying that this run has been too short to judge. I don't think that is true or fair when you compare his current run to Warrior's. Warrior lead WWE in to a poor period. DB won two huge matches in what some are calling one of the most exciting WMs of all time. DB deserves this rub, Warrior does not. Plus, what does Warrior do in the ring that DB can't handle?

Now excuse me while I go and troll more Cena haters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back