Int'l Region, Montreal Subregion,Second Round:(8)Chris Jericho vs.(9)Ultimate Warrior

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Chris Jericho

• Ultimate Warrior

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the International Region, Montreal Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under International Rules. It will be held at Bell Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

CentreBell.jpg

main_cjerico.jpg

#8. Chris Jericho

Vs.

9.jpg

#9. Ultimate Warrior

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Warrior wins. Jericho is great and I like him as much as the next guy, but there's no doubt Warrior would beat him. Jericho has spent a lot of time in the main event but he has also spent a lot of time putting other guys over. Warrior spent almost his entire career at or near the main event level and rarely lost. I can't see Jericho keeping Warrior down.

Sorry for all you Jericholics out there but Warrior wins.

Jericho is much better in the ring and on the mic than Warrior was; we all know that. What Warrior was, though, was wildly popular and in his prime, he was unstoppable. Warrior even beat a prime Hogan at Wrestlemania. That victory alone trumps all of Jericho's. Plus, its safe to say that Warrior was a better draw then Jericho.

Vote Warrior.

Warrior may have been a gigantic flash in the pan, but Jericho was overrated. For all his merits he was never top star during WWE's boom periods. He was top dog during cool down years when the talent pool had shrunk. Warrior was once the WWE's [and wrestling's] biggest star and he defeated every single person that got in his way. Oh sure, Jericho has Warrior beat in longevity and consistency, but out of all his championship reigns I can only remember his first. And it was because he went through the 2 biggest stars in the WWE on the same night. I do not remember the reign or really any of his others. I'd have to look them up. And this is coming from someone who would place Jericho in his top 20 favorite wrestlers of all time.

Sorry Chris, but I need someone better than you to try and knock Warrior out of this thing.

Chris made it this far? Good for him. Ye not gonna happen with Warrior. He takes this in an above average match because Jericho has been exalted to near ludicrous levels. He is good on the mic and good in the ring not unbelievably great or anything.

Warrior hits the finish after he reverses the Lion Tamer.

What is bigger, beating Hogan in his prime or beating The Rock AND Austin in the same night? Serious question, because I'm not 100% sure.

I'm voting Jericho mostly because he was so much better than Warrior at everything but drawing and winning. That said, that's because he had to win all the time. Warrior would have been nothing without winning all the time. Jericho stayed over regardless of his record.

There's not much argument here. Jericho had one huge night but spent most of his career losing big matches. Warrior spent almost all of his winning them. He was a much bigger draw and probably connected with more of the audience, though that is arguable. Warrior wins.

On first thought Warrior seems to be the obvious pick, as he's the more "famous" of the two with a stupidly good win loss record, but I'm gonna go with Jericho.

Warrior beat WWE's top star to become Champion at WrestleMania, that's a major deal. Jericho beat WWE's TWO top stars in consecutive matches to combine both the WWE and WCW World Heavyweight Titles in one night, becoming the first man in history to do so. That's also a big deal and had never been done before.

Warrior wasn't a success as WWE Champion and you could argue Jericho wasn't either, in his first reign, but he was trusted to go back to the top of the mountain multiple times afterwards. Other accolades also lean in Y2J's favour:

World Championships
Jericho: 6 vs Warrior: 1

Intercontinental Championships
Jericho: 9 vs Warrior: 2

PWI Highest Rating of top 500 Singles Wrestlers
Jericho: 2 (in 2009) vs Warrior: 3 (in 1992)

and I'm not even going to go into details on Jericho's other vast array of titles over WWE, WCW and ECW (both in singles and in tag teams) compared to Warrior's.

Y2J has a far greater longevity than Warrior, he's been successful in the US, Mexico, Canada and reinvented himself so many times to remain relevant as both a face and a heel. He's much better on the mic, whether it's being serious or showing a comedic side.

Finally, we don't even need to compare their actual wrestling abilities do we? Jericho pisses all over Mr Steroid in that area too. He's had great matches, unlike Warrior.

Don't let all the Warrior love since his passing cloud your judgement, Jericho is BETTER in almost every aspect of wrestling except being a bigger draw. If he can beat Austin and Rock in one night as well as beating the also "unstoppable" Goldberg in a backstage fight, he can knock Warrior out of this tournament.

World Championships
Jericho: 6 vs Warrior: 1

Jericho: 9 vs Warrior: 2

Combined reigns, in days.

World Championships
Jericho: 228 vs Warrior: 293

Jericho: 318 vs Warrior: 432

Title reigns are for losers.

I used Warrior's last match as an opportunity to point out that he was a bit of a piece of shit. In the interests of balance, I have to say I'm pretty sure Jericho is a homophobe and a misogynist, which Warrior also was, and the lead singer of a shit rock band, which Warrior wasn't.

In terms of who I'd rather watch, give me Jericho. In terms of everything else, Warrior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back