Is it still the "in" thing to hate on Hulk?

The fact that you equate saying Asians can't drive, to saying a whole race of people are less than you just because of their race, is enough for me to know that you don't have any right to say how anybody else should feel about that waste of life. Fuck what he did for the business and fuck him as a person. You say he doesn't have a racist bone in his body but that litterally makes zero sense. Just because he's not outwardly racist, doesn't make him a less shitty person.

I never understood why Hogan had such a bad reputation with the fans and dirt sheet writers. It must be because he became a mega star without being a great technical wrestlers or it's because those in the business that where jealous of him, talked the guys like Meltzer and told crap about the guy, i don't know but he deserved better then getting the reputation he gotten over the year and even after. Sure he made mistakes the last few years, he's human and was dealing what a bad divorce, but he's human, he try in his own way to vent his frustrations toward something bad that was happening with his daughter and it got caught on tape.
I wasn't a fan of his long before any tape thing came out. I acknowledge his contributions to the business, as I've pointed out already, over and over. I'm not even concerned about his lack of technical expertise. That was never the point.

LOL WWF is the right way huh, your bias is showing friend, this makes your arguments automatically irrelevant; youre so blind as to say that WCW didn't have good stuff? how bout nWo? how bout the Outsiders, crow sting? malenko/jericho, goldberg, DDP, the Flock, the crusierweights... the list goes on but youre drinking the koolaid so you probably dont acknowledge any of that do ya...FPOD was fantastic booking; reunite a large heel faction and set Goldberg up against them, the problem was the follow through, they never had one.
The "right" way of booking is the way that makes your company last long term. The wrong way is what makes it go down the toilet. Oh, yes, I guess there's more to it than that. Letting the inmates run the asylum was a big problem. It wasn't just booking, it was general management. Hogan and several others would have never gotten away with the garbage they did in WCW when in WWF, and that's the right way to manage. Hogan has a strong personality, and should never be anywhere near creative control. Same goes for Nash.

NWO was a great storyline. Too bad Hogan, Nash, and Hall thought it was real. Thankfully, McMahon disabused them of that notion, particularly Nash and Hall, after WCW was finished.

Is it?

Everybody seems to be piling on the guy over the past few years and its a JOKE, you all do realize that without him theres a very good chance that all of your favourites, past and present probably wouldn't be around right? He was the greatest Face and arguably the greatest Heel of all time, nobody else can claim that; he was the nucleus of TWO major wrestling booms in North America; nobody else can claim that either.

So him being famous makes it okay to be racist?

I get it; he made some racist comments and yeah that rustles many jimmies but it was said in private and by all accounts from his friends and peers the guy doesn't have a racist bone in his body, people say shit in anger or stupidity all the damn time, especially in private so as the old verse goes "he without sin cast the first stone" so anybody out there thats ever muttered to themselves at how bad some asian driver in front of em is doesnt have room to say a damn thing. But of course this was just the right fuel for those who didn't like him in the first place to throw on that particular fire.

I mean black people were like, only enslaved for a little. Racism is only a minor problem for them. I don't see why anybody could possibly be mad at a racist! Those black people need to get over it. This is sarcasm by the way.

Im stoked to have Hulk back in the fold; the Hall of Fame was a sham without him and I hope to see him at WrestleMania this year headlining the ceremony as the nWo gets their well deserved induction!!

Hooray for racism! Hey black people, it ain't that bad. All he has apologized for so far is getting caught saying it and claiming he says it because he grew up around the word. Sure, he hasn't actually directly apologized for it but that's a minor issue. Screw Rosa Parks because I want an old man to say brother on TV for some reason.

Racism is a problem. It is a problem he hasn't directly addressed what he said, apologize for it without excuses and take steps to prove he doesn't mean it. Instead he said be careful because you might get caught saying things.

You don't get it. You may say you get it. You may say racism is bad. But you don't get it. You don't understand it. Your response to me (if you respond) will likely be very defensive. That's because you don't get it.

I think many in the industry who condemn him, are using past gripes they had with Hogan and using this latest thing as an excuse to vent, when they already had issues with him.

Let's face it, Hogan has made a lot of enemies in the industry over the years. Some who were jealous about his position on the card, some who he screwed over, and refused to job for, and some who he admitted wronging on his way to the top.

Admittedly, Hogan brought some of this hate upon himself, by putting himself before the business a lot of times. His actions played a part in stalling the careers of quite a number of other wrestlers, and he seemed entitled and privildged, and bragged about it. I think some of the criticism in wrestling circles is about "squaring up".

I think if Hogan was the type of guy who got to the top by hard work, was generous in the ring, helped get others over, and made other's careers and let them shine, I feel he would have more defenders and people saying "That doesn't seem like something the Hogan I know would say". But Hogan's unpopularity with his fellow workers (much of it deserved) probably intensified the disdain many in the industry had for him, and they lumped in his racist remarks along with their own personal issues with Hulk Hogan, in some cases.

I'll stop hating on attention seeking racists when they stop being attention seeking racists. I give absolutrly 0 fucks what the IN thing to do is or what anyone else is doing. I make up my own mind and my own mind is saying fuck Hulk Hogan

My standard for being a decent human being doesn't change because you're famous. If he showed genuine remorse it would be different but the only reason he apologized is because people stopped giving him attention.

Fuck Hogan & his racist ass and anyone who defends his racism is part of the problem.
Completely agree Hyorinmaru! who gives a s#!t if HH made wrestling "Main stream" he is a racist piece of crap and fans finally figured out that Hogan is all about HOGAN and no one else. Only reason he is "remorseful" is because he needs the money that Vince will throw at him for no other reason than he is Hogan.

Completely agree Hyorinmaru! who gives a s#!t if HH made wrestling "Main stream" he is a racist piece of crap and fans finally figured out that Hogan is all about HOGAN and no one else. Only reason he is "remorseful" is because he needs the money that Vince will throw at him for no other reason than he is Hogan.

Hogan hardly needs the money after the Gawker lawsuit, again, there's no denying the shittyness of what he said, but I love hearing all this saccharine bullshit from everyone about Hogan needs to do this, and Hogan needs to do that to get back into the good graces of the public eye.

Bottom line, the OUTRIGHT haters of Hulk Hogan, will never be satisfied, no matter what...those legitimately disappointed in Hogan for what he said, I get being more scrutinizing, but bottom line I got a feeling most people just like to bitch, bitch and bitch. Much like the presumption I've read in Mr. Maikeru_Sawyer's post. Spare me.

As I've said in other posts on this thread, Hogan has worked with outreach programs and charities, and has done so with multiple people who happen to be of African and/or African-American descent, no backlash has been met for his participation in these events or being inducted into the Boys And Girls Club Hall Of Fame. In fact, he shared the stage with more than ONE person of African heritage.

At anytime I'm sure whomever in that group was uneasy about this could have easily made their voice known, especially in this day and age of the internet.

Nothing justifies what Hogan says, but to everyone here griping about Hogan's stupid use of hateful language to be on the same part as the institutional bullshit that people such as Rosa Parks had to put up with, well that's just plain stupid.

Bottom line, people have a tendency to say and think, and do stupid shit. Shame on Hogan for not being better than that, but people conflating this guy with a KKK member or a Neo Nazi, like I've often heard is just FUCKING stupid.

And yeah, I'm no better in trying to avoid making this a racial thing, but I've had my fill of white saviors talking out their ass about this topic all the while overlooking the disgraceful acts of other WWE legends.

Fucking gag me.

Hogan hardly needs the money after the Gawker lawsuit, again, there's no denying the shittyness of what he said, but I love hearing all this saccharine bullshit from everyone about Hogan needs to do this, and Hogan needs to do that to get back into the good graces of the public eye.

He needs to directly apologize for what he said. Not dance around it. Not make excuses.

Bottom line, the OUTRIGHT haters of Hulk Hogan, will never be satisfied, no matter what...those legitimately disappointed in Hogan for what he said, I get being more scrutinizing, but bottom line I got a feeling most people just like to bitch, bitch and bitch. Much like the presumption I've read in Mr. Maikeru_Sawyer's post. Spare me.

As I've said in other posts on this thread, Hogan has worked with outreach programs and charities, and has done so with multiple people who happen to be of African and/or African-American descent, no backlash has been met for his participation in these events or being inducted into the Boys And Girls Club Hall Of Fame. In fact, he shared the stage with more than ONE person of African heritage.

At anytime I'm sure whomever in that group was uneasy about this could have easily made their voice known, especially in this day and age of the internet.

Titus O'Neil did:

"This is not about second or third chances," Titus O'Neil explained. "This is about a man making a decision to make statements that he truly felt in his heart I believe at that time. He may not feel that way now, he may regret it. But to come out and say, 'I didn't know I was being recorded' and ' be careful what you say' and 'I don't remember saying that stuff.' When you start out an apology like that. Dude, you lost it already. I wanted to give him a chance, I didn't know what that meeting was about going in but I wanted to give him a chance.

New Day did:

To the WWE Universe and whoever else it may concern:

This will be the only statement we will make regarding Hogan’s reinstatement into WWE’s Hall of Fame. We do not wish to spend the energy debating the point, because between our kids, our external ventures, and this job, our energy is spread thin enough already, lol.

We are only writing this simply to provide an answer to the many who have bombarded us with questions on where we stand on the issue.

We preface this statement by emphasizing that this is our own opinion and may not necessarily reflect the opinion of anyone else affected.

How do we feel? Indifferent. We are not happy, or sad, angry or resentful. Who WWE puts into the HOF is totally and completely up to the company and from a career standpoint, there is no argument on whether or not Hogan should have his place. We have no problem with his re-induction in the slightest degree. It is impossible to even begin to mention the history and evolution of the business without mentioning his name and accolades.

On a personal level, when someone makes racist and hateful comments about any race or group of people, especially to the degree that Hogan made about our people, we find it difficult to simply forget, regardless of how long ago it was, or the situation in which those comments were made. But we also do not respond with more feelings of hate. Instead, we just do not associate with the people who convey or have conveyed this negative and hurtful mindset. This instance will be no different. Perhaps if we see him make a genuine effort to change, then maybe our opinion will change with him. Time will tell.

Through the course of our lives, people have used racist comments towards us and it doesn’t feel good. But if we stopped moving forward every time we were met with prejudicial hatred, then we would have never achieved our current accomplishments.

We know we are worth it, we know our kids are worth it, and most importantly, we know that
people that look like us are worth it and always have been. There isn’t a person on this planet who will be ever be able to say anything to make us think otherwise because we believe in ourselves as a people and don’t need anyones approval on that, regardless of who they are.

Having said that, his reinstatement won’t change anything for us. It will have zero effect on our ability to perform or the level of effort we will put into doing what we love to do, and that is: To deliver an entertaining product each week for our fan base.

Sincerely,

– The New Day

“Never trade your authenticity for approval.”

But hey you black people, SirJoseOle got over it so you should too. Good to know that only your opinion on racism matters. Much like I told to relentless, you don't get it. You think you do. You don't.

Nothing justifies what Hogan says, but to everyone here griping about Hogan's stupid use of hateful language to be on the same part as the institutional bullshit that people such as Rosa Parks had to put up with, well that's just plain stupid.

Bottom line, people have a tendency to say and think, and do stupid shit. Shame on Hogan for not being better than that, but people conflating this guy with a KKK member or a Neo Nazi, like I've often heard is just FUCKING stupid.

Yeah cause racism is just a minor stupid thing. It's not a major problem in the slightest.

I assume the Rosa Parks thing was about my post. Which you obviously didn't read. Or don't understand.

And yeah, I'm no better in trying to avoid making this a racial thing, but I've had my fill of white saviors talking out their ass about this topic all the while overlooking the disgraceful acts of other WWE legends.

Fucking gag me.

And I've had enough of people sweeping racism under the rug.

If you want to talk about stuff other legends did then make a damn post about them. Want to talk about Austin? Make a post. Warrior? Make a post. But sure, since other people have done bad things then that means Hogan should be 100% forgiven.

This as become a ridiculous thread at this point in my opinion. I get racism is a big problem that shouldn't be sweep under the rug especially know. But at the same time, I fell he's been scrutinized a lot more because of who he is by people that if where put in the situation would have react and said the same thing.

The main problem in my opinion isn't Hogan's comment but the fact that society as become so sensitive lately. Because of social media, we can't say or do anything without being scrutinized and blame for anything we say. Stuff gets taken out of context all the time and people gets there feeling hurts.

Racism is a big problem, it always was but when somebody say something racist, it shouldn't be a death sentence on his life like it is right now for Hogan. He did is time and proven that he was truly sorry for what he said and did. Some don't want to believe him and that's ok but in my mind and in the mind of others, he did is time and as proven himself to truly sorry about what happened and they have forgotten him for it. It's time to move on but for some, it's never going to happen because it's the in thing to do and will hate on Hogan for this for the rest of is life.

He needs to directly apologize for what he said. Not dance around it. Not make excuses.

Oh man, where to begin with this one? Well I guess I'll begin by begging for my helping of humble pie, oh great one, and beg for you to elucidate upon myself and the rest of the commenters in this thread what it is Hulk Hogan has to do. Is it that he's not doing enough WWE PR stuff that is upsetting you so?

I'm a proponent of actions speaking louder than words, and if an organization like the Boys And Girls Club and March Of Dimes are willing to work with the man, I would say that is a suitable start.

But again, what the fuck do I know, I'm just some silly Latin dude...I should stay in my lane, shouldn't I?

Titus O'Neil did:

WWE star breaks silence on claims he ‘stormed out over Hulk Hogan racist rant'

So how much of the same air did you breathe along with Titus O'Neil and the rest of the WWE locker room that night Hogan showed up at Extreme Rules? I know that they've yet to air any of this footage of Hogan's apology, but you sure as shit sound like you were there to witness EVERYTHING first hand. With that said though, Titus O'Neil is entitled to his opinion and rightly so, but as we already know, the internet has inaccurately reported certain details of what happened that night. For instance, Titus O'Neil storming out of the event. Despite my defense of Hogan on certain aspects of the fallout from this scandal, that doesn't mean I wouldn't see it from Titus O'Neil's perspective either, had he stormed out of the event like the internet purported. But the mere fact that he's refuting it only furthers my statement that smarks like you are some of the most cancerous wretches to ever be included in the pro wrestling fanbase.

In addition, Titus had this to say about Hogan's actual reinstatement and appearance at Crown Jewel:

WWE star Titus O'Neil says there is no ill will towards returning Hulk Hogan

Titus O'Neil From SkySports Interview - November 7 said:
"It's not my decision who goes where, I support whatever decision the company goes with," O'Neil said in an exclusive interview with Sky Sports. "But at the same time we are all independent thinkers; I have no ill will towards Hulk Hogan whatsoever.

He's a part of the WWE family and as a part of the WWE family we embrace him and we'll make whatever we have to work, work.

"At the end of the day we're all entertainers, we're not politicians, we're not advocates for one thing or another unless we choose to be and there's not been one entertainer in the history of WWE who has been at a higher level of WWE than Hulk Hogan."

In addition to this statement, Titus in a video clip said he would welcome a conversation with Hulk Hogan, as seen below:

https://twitter.com/SkySportsWWE/status/1060172239901995008
Titus O'Neil is a well-spoken gentleman, and I would say he nailed this sentiment on the head, rather well. Much better than your pathetic ass did. Again, he was there to actually witness Hogan's post-reinstatement address to the locker room. You and I weren't. Period.

I also feel The New Day addressed things in a very profound, representing themselves a unit but still remaining individuals.

But hey you black people, SirJoseOle got over it so you should too. Good to know that only your opinion on racism matters.

No, it sounds like it's only YOUR opinion on racism matters, considering that you're only quoting Titus O'Neil's ORIGINAL statements regarding Hogan's reinstatement, as opposed to the link I just shared where Titus mentioned he has no ill will towards Hogan and would become a conversation. With a few months removed between events, Titus has followed up and shared further thoughts. Rather convenient you left that part out in trying to prove your point.

Much like I told to relentless, you don't get it. You think you do. You don't.

You don't know me in the first place, I mean I am not sure of your own background, but if you're African or of African descent living elsewhere in the world, here's a newsflash, you're not the only group that has been discriminated against or profiled. No one's disputing the horrific nature of slavery and institutional racism, but in today's day and age, let's not act like other groups don't get discriminated against.

Anyone with the name Jose can definitely tell you that...here's my advice go and live near the Mexican frontier sometime, and then we can talk a bit further. But hey I get it, when you latch on to the victimhood card like a newborn to his mother's teat, there's just NO WAY you can be wrong, right?!

Yeah cause racism is just a minor stupid thing. It's not a major problem in the slightest

I don't recall anyone in this thread dismissing racism, but I think we have to keep some things into perspective here. Not everyone who drops racial epithets can or should be confilated with assholes wearing pointy hoods or swastikas. I mean don't get me wrong, it's definitely ignorant to say what Hogan said in reference to his daughter's then boyfriend, regardless of the reason Hogan said it, the fact is marginalizing African-Americans or any person to just their physical attributes or financial status is a dismissive and hurtful thing.

But again, unless Hogan himself ever has any institutional power to restore America to its state prior to the 13th and 14th Amendments, then I think we have to keep some of this shit into perspective.

It doesn't make what Hulk Hogan/Terry Bollea right for what he said, but people talk shit, I've heard nastiness from plenty of non-whites about being a spic, border jumper, wetback. You name it.

But what's your whole take, is it the whole narrative that those non-whites or specifically those of African descent CAN'T be racist?

Either way, before you tell me what I think of racism, I think you BETTER back the fuck off, because I've had my share of life experiences with people who really didn't care for my "kind" either.

I assume the Rosa Parks thing was about my post. Which you obviously didn't read. Or don't understand.

It's you with the comprehension problem, not myself or any or some of us here. We're just getting a kick about this ridiculous hill you're dying on. I mean, like I already said man, you're giving Hogan this platform as if he was Senator Robert Byrd for Christ's Sakes. If you want to really talk about someone with some warped views that held true power, it would be that guy...

If you are about the horror of racism so much, and you don't know who that guy is, then you really do need to just shut up.

You're giving Hogan WAYYYYY too much credit over the shitty things he said. More than one true thing can exist regarding this that is:

• Nothing changes the fact it was a shitty and wrong thing for Terry Bollea to say. But let's all just cry oppression anytime someone says something culturally insensitive...
  • You're plain ridiculous...

And I've had enough of people sweeping racism under the rug.

I don't see anyone sweeping anything about racism under the rug. We're just reading you bitch like a little punk ass over how stupid some people are being on the topic. But I am going to devote more to this in your quote below that I'm about to cite.

If you want to talk about stuff other legends did then make a damn post about them. Want to talk about Austin? Make a post. Warrior? Make a post. But sure, since other people have done bad things then that means Hogan should be 100% forgiven.

Hahaha, ok there "Moderator", I'll get right on starting that new thread, just because you asked so nicely. Anyway, we can tell that you care so little for dissent, that's for sure. The reason I alluded to other WWE Legends is simple, and more than appropriate to discuss in this thread, bottom line if homophobes, wife beaters and other racists can be a part of WWE lore, then Hogan should have that same chance.

Whether or not you forgive him doesn't fucking matter, nor should it to be honest, you self-entitled prick.

Not everyone has to forgive Hogan, but I dare argue that if WWE truly is as intellectually honest and "fair" on being sensitive to the moral quality of its performers, then individuals like The Ultimate Warrior and Steve Austin should also be expunged from the annals of history. If we're going by such logic.

But anyway, this has been more than amusing, and I can't wait to see whatever train wreck you'll try to pass off as a competent reply.

Oh man, where to begin with this one? Well I guess I'll begin by begging for my helping of humble pie, oh great one, and beg for you to elucidate upon myself and the rest of the commenters in this thread what it is Hulk Hogan has to do. Is it that he's not doing enough WWE PR stuff that is upsetting you so?

Well he could start with sincerely apologizing and making no excuses.

I'm a proponent of actions speaking louder than words, and if an organization like the Boys And Girls Club and March Of Dimes are willing to work with the man, I would say that is a suitable start.

But again, what the fuck do I know, I'm just some silly Latin dude...I should stay in my lane, shouldn't I?

Bad people can do good things. Good people can do bad things. No idea why you brought up that you're Latin.

WWE star breaks silence on claims he ‘stormed out over Hulk Hogan racist rant'

So how much of the same air did you breathe along with Titus O'Neil and the rest of the WWE locker room that night Hogan showed up at Extreme Rules? I know that they've yet to air any of this footage of Hogan's apology, but you sure as shit sound like you were there to witness EVERYTHING first hand. With that said though, Titus O'Neil is entitled to his opinion and rightly so, but as we already know, the internet has inaccurately reported certain details of what happened that night. For instance, Titus O'Neil storming out of the event. Despite my defense of Hogan on certain aspects of the fallout from this scandal, that doesn't mean I wouldn't see it from Titus O'Neil's perspective either, had he stormed out of the event like the internet purported. But the mere fact that he's refuting it only furthers my statement that smarks like you are some of the most cancerous wretches to ever be included in the pro wrestling fanbase.

Okay...so because O'Neil didn't storm out, that means what he said doesn't count? So you think O'Neil lied? Why?

Yes I am the absolute worst thing to happen ever. How dare I not 100% embrace a person who made racist comments right away! I am the personification of evil.

In addition, Titus had this to say about Hogan's actual reinstatement and appearance at Crown Jewel:

WWE star Titus O'Neil says there is no ill will towards returning Hulk Hogan

In addition to this statement, Titus in a video clip said he would welcome a conversation with Hulk Hogan, as seen below:

Titus O'Neil is a well-spoken gentleman, and I would say he nailed this sentiment on the head, rather well. Much better than your pathetic ass did. Again, he was there to actually witness Hogan's post-reinstatement address to the locker room. You and I weren't. Period.

I also feel The New Day addressed things in a very profound, representing themselves a unit but still remaining individuals.

Okay so because O'Neil is willing to talk to Hogan, that means everything is forgiven? What?

No, it sounds like it's only YOUR opinion on racism matters, considering that you're only quoting Titus O'Neil's ORIGINAL statements regarding Hogan's reinstatement, as opposed to the link I just shared where Titus mentioned he has no ill will towards Hogan and would become a conversation. With a few months removed between events, Titus has followed up and shared further thoughts. Rather convenient you left that part out in trying to prove your point.

Yup.

I put O'Neil's comment because you said no one had spoken up. Also, being willing to talk to someone isn't the same as forgiving them.

You don't know me in the first place, I mean I am not sure of your own background, but if you're African or of African descent living elsewhere in the world, here's a newsflash, you're not the only group that has been discriminated against or profiled. No one's disputing the horrific nature of slavery and institutional racism, but in today's day and age, let's not act like other groups don't get discriminated against.

Where did I pretend that no other racism exists?

Anyone with the name Jose can definitely tell you that...here's my advice go and live near the Mexican frontier sometime, and then we can talk a bit further. But hey I get it, when you latch on to the victimhood card like a newborn to his mother's teat, there's just NO WAY you can be wrong, right?!

Dude, I live right next to the border. I even passed it today.

I don't recall anyone in this thread dismissing racism, but I think we have to keep some things into perspective here. Not everyone who drops racial epithets can or should be confilated with assholes wearing pointy hoods or swastikas. I mean don't get me wrong, it's definitely ignorant to say what Hogan said in reference to his daughter's then boyfriend, regardless of the reason Hogan said it, the fact is marginalizing African-Americans or any person to just their physical attributes or financial status is a dismissive and hurtful thing.

You said all this anger over a stupid thing Hogan said. Stupid is an extreme understatement.

But again, unless Hogan himself ever has any institutional power to restore America to its state prior to the 13th and 14th Amendments, then I think we have to keep some of this shit into perspective.

It doesn't make what Hulk Hogan/Terry Bollea right for what he said, but people talk shit, I've heard nastiness from plenty of non-whites about being a spic, border jumper, wetback. You name it.

But what's your whole take, is it the whole narrative that those non-whites or specifically those of African descent CAN'T be racist?

Either way, before you tell me what I think of racism, I think you BETTER back the fuck off, because I've had my share of life experiences with people who really didn't care for my "kind" either.

WHERE DID I SAY THIS?

It's you with the comprehension problem, not myself or any or some of us here. We're just getting a kick about this ridiculous hill you're dying on. I mean, like I already said man, you're giving Hogan this platform as if he was Senator Robert Byrd for Christ's Sakes. If you want to really talk about someone with some warped views that held true power, it would be that guy...

If you are about the horror of racism so much, and you don't know who that guy is, then you really do need to just shut up.

You're giving Hogan WAYYYYY too much credit over the shitty things he said. More than one true thing can exist regarding this that is:

• Nothing changes the fact it was a shitty and wrong thing for Terry Bollea to say. But let's all just cry oppression anytime someone says something culturally insensitive...
  • You're plain ridiculous...

The N word is a little bit more than culturally insensitive.

I don't see anyone sweeping anything about racism under the rug. We're just reading you bitch like a little punk ass over how stupid some people are being on the topic. But I am going to devote more to this in your quote below that I'm about to cite.

Damn you curse a lot, you fuck ass bitch.

Hahaha, ok there "Moderator", I'll get right on starting that new thread, just because you asked so nicely. Anyway, we can tell that you care so little for dissent, that's for sure. The reason I alluded to other WWE Legends is simple, and more than appropriate to discuss in this thread, bottom line if homophobes, wife beaters and other racists can be a part of WWE lore, then Hogan should have that same chance.

Look up whataboutism.

Whether or not you forgive him doesn't fucking matter, nor should it to be honest, you self-entitled prick.

Not everyone has to forgive Hogan, but I dare argue that if WWE truly is as intellectually honest and "fair" on being sensitive to the moral quality of its performers, then individuals like The Ultimate Warrior and Steve Austin should also be expunged from the annals of history. If we're going by such logic.

But anyway, this has been more than amusing, and I can't wait to see whatever train wreck you'll try to pass off as a competent reply.

I think you're conflating my view of him as a person with your view of should be in a fake TV show hall of fame.

Bad people can do good things. Good people can do bad things. No idea why you brought up that you're Latin.Okay...so because O'Neil didn't storm out, that means what he said doesn't count? So you think O'Neil lied? Why?

I never said Titus O'Neil lied, quite the opposite actually. I'm merely stating that one does not simply believe everything that's REPORTED on the internet, especially a backstage event at a wrestling show. ESPECIALLY since it involves pro wrestling.

As far as bringing up my own ethnic background, I think that's a fair thing to do, considering how you're bellyaching about all the other bullshit you're espousing, you fuckhead.

Yes I am the absolute worst thing to happen ever. How dare I not 100% embrace a person who made racist comments right away! I am the personification of evil.

No, but something tells me that you honestly put EVERY SINGLE aspect of racism into one basket. To me, it sounds like someone who says racial epithets is on the same wavelength as someone like a Neo Nazi or a Ku Klux Klan member. Get fucking real dude, what are you some upper class white kid living off his parents' trust fund or something?

Okay so because O'Neil is willing to talk to Hogan, that means everything is forgiven? What?

Never said that either, but I think it stands to reason that O’Neil still willing to see where he may stand in regards Hogan, now that some months have passed since his reinstatement.

I put O'Neil's comment because you said no one had spoken up. Also, being willing to talk to someone isn't the same as forgiving them.

When I said that, I was referring SOLELY to the Boys And Girls Club event, for fuck’s sale. O'Neil's comments were in no way referencing THAT. The Boys And Girls organization itself and the event also did not raise a stink about Hogan's induction. Learn to read, you illiterate fool.

So yes, while those within WWE had their reservations about Hogan and took issue with how he carried himself, his charitable ventures and outreach outside of WWE has not been met with opposition.

But let me guess, are you one of those WWE asskissers that is only happy if it's a WWE approved endeavor that one of their "superstars" takes part in.

Fucking pathetic, if that's the case.

Where did I pretend that no other racism exists?

You tell me, I mean you only seem to be concentrating on Hogan, and somehow conflate his stupid use of words with far more serious shit involving race.

Dude, I live right next to the border. I even passed it today.

That's cute, do you ever get hassled and profiled based on your ethnic background? Again, not sure what your background is. But for some reason I'm just sensing pretentious white savior coming out of every single one of your pores.

You said all this anger over a stupid thing Hogan said. Stupid is an extreme understatement.

Yeah, well if you can say what you want, then myself and others can react in how we see fit. Especially since you whine about whataboutism.

WHERE DID I SAY THIS?

Your faux outrage tells me more than your word vomit ever will.

The N word is a little bit more than culturally insensitive.

Indulge me then, oh lord and savior...sorry man, but forgive me if I pick my battles when it comes to racists. If I had a nickel as a reward for dealing with every ethnic stereotype and presupposition people had about my background, I'd have enough money to build a wall to keep Trump out of my OWN life.

However, picking and choosing your battles with bigotry and racism is key.

So unless you have some proof that Hogan's sentiments ring true to the dangerous ideations of someone like David Duke, then I'm just going to continue laughing at this shit.

Damn you curse a lot, you fuck ass bitch.

If the shoe fits, wear it...you're an asshole anyway, it's only befitting.

Look up whataboutism.

That word is your crutch to avoid being deservedly challenged on your bullshit points. Please continue to use it, despite how flimsy it is in holding up a single modicum of a point.

I think you're conflating my view of him as a person with your view of should be in a fake TV show hall of fame.

Hey, I'm just calling it like I see it. When WWE fired Hogan in 2015, I was indifferent, I honestly was. I think the nostalgia acts have been woefully overused at the expense of current talent. But removing Hogan from things like the Hall Of Fame, Video Games, and other historical aspects of WWE lore was pathetically stupid.

Again, had WWE had some sort of consistent sense of morality and standards, and in kind deemphasized other WWE legends who did stuff that rivaled and even exceeded what Hogan did, then I would gladly not say a thing.

But they didn't, one of their most recent examples, before he died, was when murder charges were finally brought against Jimmy Snuka, his profile from the WWE Hall Of Fame website took FAR longer to remove than Hulk Hogan's did.

So yeah, I'm going to call out a double standard, that's not whataboutism.

Bring something better to the table, if not, then expect to be called out for being the fucking puto that you are.

Last edited:
fact of the matter is, people make mistakes. Hogan made a mistake. Since he did hes made efforts to make amends with charities and the WWE itself, his friends of color have come to his defence right away as character witnesses, people say stupid shit all the time, it doesn't make him a racist person per se, you clearly haven't lived life if you think that. Just because he says some shitty things doesnt put him on a KKK level or a Hitler level, you are a shitty human being if you think people can't change after they've made a mistake, id hate to be in your life with such a poor black and white rigid outlook on life that you clearly seem to have. Also, to look down on others just because they don't share your narrow minded worldview on what constitutes racism and racist people is shameful. YOU dont get it sir; that's great that you have such a hatred for a man thats brought joy and entertainment for 30+ years just because he made some BS comments but a lot of us dont see life and human nature the way you do.

I don't think you're talking to me but i'll respond anyway.
fact of the matter is, people make mistakes. Hogan made a mistake. Since he did hes made efforts to make amends with charities and the WWE itself, his friends of color have come to his defence right away as character witnesses, people say stupid shit all the time, it doesn't make him a racist person per se, you clearly haven't lived life if you think that. Just because he says some shitty things doesnt put him on a KKK level or a Hitler level, you are a shitty human being if you think people can't change after they've made a mistake, id hate to be in your life with such a poor black and white rigid outlook on life that you clearly seem to have. Also, to look down on others just because they don't share your narrow minded worldview on what constitutes racism and racist people is shameful. YOU dont get it sir; that's great that you have such a hatred for a man thats brought joy and entertainment for 30+ years just because he made some BS comments but a lot of us dont see life and human nature the way you do.
Stop bringing up the KKK & Hitler. You may think it's helping your argument but all it's doing is making people think you don't have a leg to stand on.

As for a few other points you made i don't care how many charities he contributes to, without a true apology that doesn't include all the hurt feelings and excuses. He made a mistake, a big one and peopke aren't going to like him for it and i don't think he gets that. A

Point 2: Of course his friends will defebd him, that's what friends do. If your friends don't then you have shitty friends.

Point 3 (and this is the big one): Being famous DOES NOT give people the freedom fron consequences and i don't get why people don't see that. Take off the blinders. 30+ years or less than 5 in the buisness does not matter. What Hogan said was wrong and he has yet to express any true sorrow other than the fact he was caught. Until he gives one then yeah i will consider him an unapologetic racist and will not have anything to do with him.

And to end before you jump down my throat just like you I'm entitled to my opinion. Feel free to reply but if you're a douche i won't reply.

Stop bringing up the KKK & Hitler. You may think it's helping your argument but all it's doing is making people think you don't have a leg to stand on.

As for a few other points you made i don't care how many charities he contributes to, without a true apology that doesn't include all the hurt feelings and excuses. He made a mistake, a big one and peopke aren't going to like him for it and i don't think he gets that. A

Point 2: Of course his friends will defebd him, that's what friends do. If your friends don't then you have shitty friends.

Point 3 (and this is the big one): Being famous DOES NOT give people the freedom fron consequences and i don't get why people don't see that. Take off the blinders. 30+ years or less than 5 in the buisness does not matter. What Hogan said was wrong and he has yet to express any true sorrow other than the fact he was caught. Until he gives one then yeah i will consider him an unapologetic racist and will not have anything to do with him.

And to end before you jump down my throat just like you I'm entitled to my opinion. Feel free to reply but if you're a douche i won't reply.

Let me weight in on this, i feel like for some reason, fans that defend him, while they have good point that i agree with, do go way to far on that side, on the other way, fans that want to condemn him do go way to far the other way as well.

Personally, i feel people will make mistake in the heat of the moment, we really didn'T know the whole situation as to why he said what he said back then. Was it o.k., no, but it was a mistake and because he was a celebrity, he got branded as a racist immediately without trying to get the whole story.

I also a big believer in action are better then words. You can pretty much say anything to say your sorry for what you did and not believe a word you said but peoples will believe it anyway because that'S what they want to hear. Doing charity works with minorities and being honored by some associations in my eye shows me that he really was sorry because too me, he's really wanted to do it since he didn'T publicize to whole thing. IT had more of a impact then a public apology.

I also feel that society in general is way to fragile right now, you can't say anything or do anything without having somebody being insulted or feeling persecuted. Hell, we just had a fucking christmas song ban on the radio in the u.s and Canada because it wasn't appropriate with the current climate we live in.

Hogan made a mistake and fans that are upset by this are linking them to some of the extremist group when in reality he just a normal human being that made a fucking mistake like we all do and don't tell me that any of those that are upset by this never used the N word at some point in their live because i'm going to call bullshit on that. We all did something that would have been considered racist in your life it's just that Hogan was caught on tape and since he'S a celebrity, he had to pay for his action. Now he did his sentence and prove that he was sorry and i'm o.k with that.

Hogan spent more time on our TV screens these 30 odd years than any other wrestler has. To want more of that is unequivocal masochism.

You're all going in circles with this racism garbage. Talking about death sentences and the like. I'd be out of a job if I said what he said. Others have said worse. These two statements are true and in no way conflict with each other.

i was replying to the rockiswwf guy, hes overboard with his viewpoint, i respect your views on this subject and you are entitled to your opinion on this matter, I just think Hulks done a lot since then to make amends and we actually dont know how his apology went because it was behind closed doors with all the WWE staff so we cant comment on that, aside from that as many here have pointed out hes done many charities, some unpublicized.

Fact is, a lot of people in the IWC hate on Hogan because its been the "cool" thing to do since his WCW days, piling on him because of the myths surrounding him supposedly holding people down etc etc but ask Bruce Pritchard or Eric Bischoff or many others and most of these so called facts fall apart. So now this whole situation comes along and people who already hated Hogan are using this as an excuse to seem righteous in their hatred of him and I see through most of these sheeple, now if people are genuinely concerned and offended by Hogans words thats fine but at least acknowledge the steps hes actually gone through to repent.

i was replying to the rockiswwf guy, hes overboard with his viewpoint, i respect your views on this subject and you are entitled to your opinion on this matter, I just think Hulks done a lot since then to make amends and we actually dont know how his apology went because it was behind closed doors with all the WWE staff so we cant comment on that, aside from that as many here have pointed out hes done many charities, some unpublicized.

Fact is, a lot of people in the IWC hate on Hogan because its been the "cool" thing to do since his WCW days, piling on him because of the myths surrounding him supposedly holding people down etc etc but ask Bruce Pritchard or Eric Bischoff or many others and most of these so called facts fall apart. So now this whole situation comes along and people who already hated Hogan are using this as an excuse to seem righteous in their hatred of him and I see through most of these sheeple, now if people are genuinely concerned and offended by Hogans words thats fine but at least acknowledge the steps hes actually gone through to repent.

Or maybe some of us don't think WWE should go as far as featuring him in major events as Terry Bollea, the man seems like too much of a far cry from Hulk Hogan, the character. That seeing him get idolized leaves a bad taste in our mouths and makes us question WWE's integrity. It makes some of us not want to have to explain our to kids why people hate him.

Hulkamania is dead. Terry Bollea progressively killed it.

I just wonder what Terry would say if he saw Brooke holding hands with Sir Jose Ole.

Or maybe some of us don't think WWE should go as far as featuring him in major events as Terry Bollea, the man seems like too much of a far cry from Hulk Hogan, the character. That seeing him get idolized leaves a bad taste in our mouths and makes us question WWE's integrity. It makes some of us not want to have to explain our to kids why people hate him.

Hulkamania is dead. Terry Bollea progressively killed it.

I just wonder what Terry would say if he saw Brooke holding hands with Sir Jose Ole.

well it isn't Terry who's been allowed back, its Hulk and most of us still remember him or who he is... Bottom line, racist comments aren't ok, but people can repent, people can change, its what our entire justice system is based on... rehabilitation and the idea that people can turn a new leaf so give Hulk a chance or dont its your decision, just dont look down on those of us who choose to look past his indiscretion.

That last bit wasn't directed to you personally BTW, its a blanket statement to all those who look down on those as being dismissive of racism or whatever they want to say to make people like me feel bad for welcoming Hulk back with open arms.

I just want to point out that Hogan's pop was pretty muted for his Mean Gene Raw appearance. I've been pointing out many don't remember who he is, but some aren't so sure.

I just want to point out that Hogan's pop was pretty muted for his Mean Gene Raw appearance. I've been pointing out many don't remember who he is, but some aren't so sure.

Did you watch the same raw that I did? Sure the pop wasn't has big as it once was, but once "real american" hit, he got a pretty decent pop in fact, he got the biggest pop of the night. Plus as soon as he got in the ring, They're was a Hogan chant that started. So I know you want desperately to get you point across that most fans don't remember him but that wasn't the case on that night.

the only comment im going to make on this has nothing to do with my opinion on the man or the words but more the question. i will not get into the debate on i like hulk i dont like hulk as a its pointless wwe will do what it wants and b read previous emails and people just seem to feel there opinon is right and others are wrong so its pointless.
What i will say is this the question is wrong sorry but it is like every performer and every person in general some like him some hate him some have no intreast or opinon in him. YES the comments did cause SOME to jump on the we hate hulk but the majority of people liked him before or didnt before and those that dislike him before just get lumped in with the bandwagon guys which is stupid. At the end of the day this is a chat forum if people cant show some level of respect and accept people aint always goingto agree on opinons without calling the other stupid an idiot or whatever else then maybe you shouldnt be on a forum just saying

Did you watch the same raw that I did? Sure the pop wasn't has big as it once was, but once "real american" hit, he got a pretty decent pop in fact, he got the biggest pop of the night.
You might want to watch that again, and then watch, immediately after, some of his entrances at his peak. There are enough on YouTube. They're not even close. Jim Powers in his face jobber days was getting a bigger reaction than Hogan did on Mean Gene night.

Yes, he worked the crowd up some. I have never once said he doesn't have ability to do that. I heard the most hilarious thing at a live event last night, the first WWE one I've attended in thirty years. They were showing one of the WWE Top 10 lists on the big screen, and it was Rikishi clotheslining both Two Cool team mates at a Rumble. The little girl asked if that was Dusty Rhodes. Well, they both were two overweight bleached blondes, so I understand the confusion.

I'll stop hating on attention seeking racists when they stop being attention seeking racists. I give absolutrly 0 fucks what the IN thing to do is or what anyone else is doing. I make up my own mind and my own mind is saying fuck Hulk Hogan

My standard for being a decent human being doesn't change because you're famous. If he showed genuine remorse it would be different but the only reason he apologized is because people stopped giving him attention.

Fuck Hogan & his racist ass and anyone who defends his racism is part of the problem.

And I will stop paying attention to judgemental turds like you when you stop being a judgmental turd.

If you are the standard of what a decent human being is meant to be, I would rather not be one.

Besides, judgmental fucks like you never believe anyone when they genuinely show remorse anyway. It will always hang over their head, so that you can overcome your insecurity by continuing to think that you are more perfect than someone who has achieved more than you. I pity you!

BTW, where do you rate someone like "Stone Cold" Steve Austin as a human being, as he has committed domestic violence, which I see as worse than just saying some word?

One of these things isn't illegal, guess what it is?

1) Saying the "N" word.
2) Illegally taping a conversation in someone's private home without their knowledge.
3) Knowingly obtaining a tape of the private conversation and publicly broadcasting it.

If you answered No1, you are right. But in this warped society, there is more condemnation for the legal act than the two illegal ones.

Guess what? Hogan can legally say what he wants, because of his right to freedom of speech. Gawker didn't legally have the right to play the illegally recorded message, and deservedly got sued for every cent for it.

I doubt Hulk Hogan lays awake at night giving two fucks what his critics think.

I really dont even think its about his comments anymore... people just want him to go away..... similar to flair. Its their time to ride off into the sunset. Hogan also carries a negative stigma with him so people feel he has a motive for coming back.

As far as his comments, i feel its beyond obvious the talent were forced to have a positive statement about his return. You dont have a 180 like most of the guys had. You even heard stories of henry causing physical harm to people for similar words

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back