Is Jericho in WWE's bad books?????

mace87

Occasional Pre-Show
At the end of last year when the WWE & WHC titles were being unified the announcers and the Authority kept stating how it was the first time the titles had being unified which everybody knows wasn't the case as Jericho unified the belts in 2001 when he beat The Rock & Stone Cold in the same night. At the time I found it strange that they never once mentioned Jericho unifying the belts but figured they were doing it to make it seem a bigger deal perhaps.
Then I noticed on a recent Raw Michael Cole was reading out names of former IC champions such as Paterson, Honky Tonk man, Mr Perfect, HBK, Triple H etc but not Jericho who has held the title more than anyone else in history, This made me wonder why Jericho doesn't seem to get the recognition he deserves and if it was because he's upset the Mcmahon's or is simply that they either don't view it as a big deal or just simply forgot.

does anybody know why this could be as I'm curious to know if there is a reason behind this?

I don't think that's the case.

First, it was indeed the first time the World Heavyweight Title and the WWE title was unified at TLC 2013.

Plus, building the match as the "FIRST UNIFICATION MATCH EVER" sounds better from a marketing standpoint. They need to do whatever they can to sell the PPV.

Secondly, it's not that big of a deal if they didn't mention Jericho in the greatest IC champs of all time.

I didn't watch who Cole mentioned as the "Great IC Champs" but it doesn't matter. It's not that big of a deal.

Jericho might've held the IC title 9 times but on the "combined days as champ" list, he's the 13th.

Savage and HTM had one title reign and in that title reign, they held the title more days than Jericho in his 9 title reigns combined.

Plus, let's be honest and this is coming from a huge Jerichoholic, y2j had some IC title reigns that were absolutely meaningless.

7 of his 9 title reigns were under 40 days.

I doubt that Jericho is in the crapper with WWE and even if he was, who would care? Jericho doesn't need to come back and WWE doesn't need Jericho to come back, but still, I think you're looking too much into the fact that WWE hasn't been mentioning Y2J lately.

First of all, TLC was actually the first time that the WWE and WHC belts have ever been unified. Jericho unified the WWF and WCW World titles in 2001 which is basically the same thing but it gave WWE the leeway to advertise the match as the "First Ever Unification Match". WWE may also not be mentioning Jericho too much right now because he might be returning sometime soon and they want the surprise to be as big as possible.

At the end of last year when the WWE & WHC titles were being unified the announcers and the Authority kept stating how it was the first time the titles had being unified which everybody knows wasn't the case as Jericho unified the belts in 2001 when he beat The Rock & Stone Cold in the same night. At the time I found it strange that they never once mentioned Jericho unifying the belts but figured they were doing it to make it seem a bigger deal perhaps.
Then I noticed on a recent Raw Michael Cole was reading out names of former IC champions such as Paterson, Honky Tonk man, Mr Perfect, HBK, Triple H etc but not Jericho who has held the title more than anyone else in history, This made me wonder why Jericho doesn't seem to get the recognition he deserves and if it was because he's upset the Mcmahon's or is simply that they either don't view it as a big deal or just simply forgot.

does anybody know why this could be as I'm curious to know if there is a reason behind this?

Jericho didn't unify the WWE & WHC Titles, at the time he beat Rock & Austin in 2001 WCW was still in existence (albeit owned by WWE) and it was the WCW Championship that was unified with the WWE Title. The WHC was split off in the summer/fall of 2002 when the Brand Extension kicked into high gear to give each brand it's own top champion (previously the World Champ worked both brands but with Raw & Smackdown running their own separate touring companies with separate tour schedules one champ couldn't service both brands). Thus we got the whole "Lesnar is taking the belt to Smackdown" and "HHH vs Flair will decide the new champ" scenarios that played out.

So technically Jericho never united the two WWE titles, he united the World Title of WWE with the World Title of WCW. After which a separate championship under the WWE umbrella was created.

I don't think that's the case.

First, it was indeed the first time the World Heavyweight Title and the WWE title was unified at TLC 2013.

Plus, building the match as the "FIRST UNIFICATION MATCH EVER" sounds better from a marketing standpoint. They need to do whatever they can to sell the PPV.

Secondly, it's not that big of a deal if they didn't mention Jericho in the greatest IC champs of all time.

I didn't watch who Cole mentioned as the "Great IC Champs" but it doesn't matter. It's not that big of a deal.

Jericho might've held the IC title 9 times but on the "combined days as champ" list, he's the 13th.

Savage and HTM had one title reign and in that title reign, they held the title more days than Jericho in his 9 title reigns combined.

Plus, let's be honest and this is coming from a huge Jerichoholic, y2j had some IC title reigns that were absolutely meaningless.

7 of his 9 title reigns were under 40 days.

Yeah, I agree. It was a great way to try to sell pay per views. I guess they're just trying to focus on superstars currently with the company than giving notice to the audience that stars of the past are more significant than what they have now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back