I've been a victim of fraud.

Johnny Scumm

InZayn In The Membrane
So I went to the bank today to get some money (There's not much in my account, I'm currently on benefits while I find a job.)

Anyways, upon reading my statement, I found three payments totalling to about £100 had been made yesterday, online, while I was doing the voluntary work I do at Oxfam. Not to mention I had my card on me. After talking to 3 different people on the phone for over 30 minutes, it was decided somebody had my card details and was using them to pay for whatever they were doing.

So now, my accounts blocked until my new bank card, my new details & new pin number arrive, which means I can't take any money from the bank & I can't have any money paid in either, meaning completely broke for a few weeks

Pissed off doesn't give it justice.

Can you not ask the benefit agency to pay you at the office in cash rather than through your bank? I'm sure that was an option for me when I was getting them.

Can you not ask the benefit agency to pay you at the office in cash rather than through your bank? I'm sure that was an option for me when I was getting them.

Ill find out on Monday when I'm there, but I'm sure the options are either into your bank account, or Post Office.

Post office is maybe what I was thinking of. Sucks that this happened at the weekend when you can't do much about it. Hope it works out for you though :)

Sucks to have something like this happen. Happened to me a few times. One time really pissed me off, because I let some customer service rep at my bank talk me into signing up for some "pay your bills online" service. Credit card number goes online....and two days later I caught a pair of fraudulent charges that added up to $295+.

I found two charges from Best Buy.com (one for over three hundred dollars, another for over four hundred) on another account one time. Clearing up that one was a real pain in the ass. I've been through the whole system of locking your accounts and getting new debit and credit cards, and it's just a mess. And because of this shit I'm beyond paranoid every time I use my cards, and I mail everything.

Post office is maybe what I was thinking of. Sucks that this happened at the weekend when you can't do much about it. Hope it works out for you though :)

Yeah they'll do it through the post office.

It will take weeks for you to get a new card? When something similar happened to my wife, she got a new card in less then a week.

Always keep cash out for emergencies, such as this. I don't like carrying cash, and never use it as a rule, but I generally keep about $1,000 at my house in case something exactly like this happens.

Do you have family or friends you can borrow from until the time comes?

It will take weeks for you to get a new card? When something similar happened to my wife, she got a new card in less then a week.

Always keep cash out for emergencies, such as this. I don't like carrying cash, and never use it as a rule, but I generally keep about $1,000 at my house in case something exactly like this happens.

Do you have family or friends you can borrow from until the time comes?

Some of us would like 1,000 to our name, full stop.

Not always feasible in the real world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back