James Ellsworth Goes on Twitter Rampage

enviousdominous

Behold my diction
Special thanks to Mike Killam for his post on the main page which can be viewed here.

Apparently James Ellsworth is taking his role as a hype-man to the next level by bashing everyone who questions the validity of Carmella's status as Ms. Money in the Bank.

James tweeted the following:

To Bayley; Go hug yourself

To Tamina; Um @CarmellaWWE won not me #Duh you didn't notice @TaminaSnuka because you were too busy losing

To Daniel Bryan; Yea happy Father's Day to you too @WWEDanielBryan @CarmellaWWE won fair and square, she just smarter than the rest #Duh

To Becky Lynch; Your head must hurt @BeckyLynchWWE whooooops better luck next time NOT! #Duh

To Charlotte; Aweee @MsCharlotteWWE go cry on daddy's shoulder, after all it is Fathers Day, too bad you couldn't win one for the old man, sorry, NOT!#DUH

To Natalya; Nobody likes you @NatbyNature not even your stupid cats #Duh

I saw myself warming up to James and Carmella as a comedic duo, but now I'm all in. James is channeling his inner Donald Trump by going after Carmella's critics, and I think it's exactly what the women's division needs. I only see money and potential in the drama that will unfold due to the apparent struggle between James' effort to validate Carmella as the best and Daniel Bryan's effort to validate Smackdown as a place where the shenanigans that took place at MITB are not tolerated.

He's been the best thing about the SD women's division for a while now. Whether that's down to him being good or the women being not so good, I'm not too sure. It's pretty sad either way. I am liking this Ellsworth, though. Hopefully he keeps it up.

It's dumb in the scheme of things, but because product is so bad it actually makes this sound good.

There does need to be some kind of "punishment" for them though. Like Carmela putting her briefcase on the line at the next PPV or on Smackdown.

He's been the best thing about the SD women's division for a while now. Whether that's down to him being good or the women being not so good, I'm not too sure. It's pretty sad either way. I am liking this Ellsworth, though. Hopefully he keeps it up.

When they book garbage like that, it's no wonder you think so. If you don't take a division seriously, it ends up looking like crap. Which is a shame because Charlotte and Becky are easily in the top 10 wrestlers on the roster.

I understand that they were going for heat. But there were better ways than for Santino's ghost haunting the women's division. He could have helped her up the ladder. He could have fended off the other women just long enough for her to climb. He could have helped Carmella win WITHOUT ruining the prestige of the first ever women's Money In The Bank. Imagine if in the middle of Sasha vs Charlotte's Hell in a Cell match, Ric Flair ran in and made the cover for Charlotte and declaring her the winner. Imagine if Lita had pulled the titles down for the Hardy's during a TLC match and they were declared the winners.
That's what this bullshit was. And they wouldn't have done it to men. And I can't believe the ladies on Smackdown let the writers get away with it. This is Diva territory.

When they book garbage like that, it's no wonder you think so. If you don't take a division seriously, it ends up looking like crap. Which is a shame because Charlotte and Becky are easily in the top 10 wrestlers on the roster.

I understand that they were going for heat. But there were better ways than for Santino's ghost haunting the women's division. He could have helped her up the ladder. He could have fended off the other women just long enough for her to climb. He could have helped Carmella win WITHOUT ruining the prestige of the first ever women's Money In The Bank. Imagine if in the middle of Sasha vs Charlotte's Hell in a Cell match, Ric Flair ran in and made the cover for Charlotte and declaring her the winner. Imagine if Lita had pulled the titles down for the Hardy's during a TLC match and they were declared the winners.
That's what this bullshit was. And they wouldn't have done it to men. And I can't believe the ladies on Smackdown let the writers get away with it. This is Diva territory.

Disagree....it wouldn't have happened in Sasha and Charlotte's matches because they are both beasts in the ring and everyone knows it.

Carmella is not a beast in the ring. She's the incredibly underhanded chickenshit heel who will win by cheating and then gloat about it. Also, lets not forget that she has a male lackey. Like....she is running things there.

It's like people just want all the women's matches to be Indy style matchups where nobody is really a heel or face and they pull off a lot of moves so the crowd can chant "this is awesome" halfway through.

This is not that. This is serious heel character work. Carmella won in the way that would piss people off the most. That's the point. Then she came out and faked the cash in and ruined that match, and got more heat.

The women are established. Let's move on and treat them like a normal part of the show.

Disagree....it wouldn't have happened in Sasha and Charlotte's matches because they are both beasts in the ring and everyone knows it.

Carmella is not a beast in the ring. She's the incredibly underhanded chickenshit heel who will win by cheating and then gloat about it. Also, lets not forget that she has a male lackey. Like....she is running things there.

It's like people just want all the women's matches to be Indy style matchups where nobody is really a heel or face and they pull off a lot of moves so the crowd can chant "this is awesome" halfway through.

This is not that. This is serious heel character work. Carmella won in the way that would piss people off the most. That's the point. Then she came out and faked the cash in and ruined that match, and got more heat.

The women are established. Let's move on and treat them like a normal part of the show.

Totally agree with you on this, the funny thing is that if another women would have come out and done the exact same thing that Ellsworth as done, fans wouldn't be so upset about it. The fact is that they can't see past the fact that a man help a women win the match and that's sad that nobody can see past the sexes of the performers and realise how great this whole thing was for the carmella character and for the whole smackdown women's division in general.

I was actually pretty surprised (although by now I shouldn't have been) to hear that people were "up in arms" about the ending. I didn't even know that was a thing until I came on here today and it never crossed my mind to be upset about a man grabbing the briefcase. To me, it just seemed like a really good way to heap heat on the woman who's probably going to be the next Smackdown Women's champ. If people express that anger by booing Carmella and Ellsworth, I'll consider it a job well done by the creative team.

Surprisingly, Carmella and Ellsworth work incredibly well together. James does just enough to generate heat on Carmella's part without stealing her spotlight, and Carmella seems like a legitimate threat with Ellsworth running distraction for her. Who would have thought these two would have the chemistry that they do?

Don't care what anyone says, Ellsworth was a great signing.

Totally agree with you on this, the funny thing is that if another women would have come out and done the exact same thing that Ellsworth as done, fans wouldn't be so upset about it. The fact is that they can't see past the fact that a man help a women win the match and that's sad that nobody can see past the sexes of the performers and realise how great this whole thing was for the carmella character and for the whole smackdown women's division in general.

Yeah, it's like people don't even pay attention to the show. They're acting like this was some kind of statement. LOL. Carmella is presented as the stronger of the two, the leader, and the one pulling the strings. She used Ellsworth to help her win......because she's a cheater who takes shortcuts.

People so busy trying to make everything some kind of social statement, they just don't even think about what they're saying.

Kinda reminds me of years back when people were up in arms about Michelle McCool calling Mickie James "Piggy". People were legit freaking out. Same people who laughed when Rock called Rikishi a "thong wearing fatty", most likely. Good heel work is good heel work. Start treating the women like equals and a real part of the show. LOL at complaining about a mean heel saying mean things.

Ellsworth is clearly the Yoko Ono of the Welcoming Committee.

Good for him for taking kayfabe outside of the arena. This is fun. Him grabbing the belt was a good idea. It creates some buzz. Maybe she starts to do promos about what a "modern day independent woman" she is. That might get some heat.

I love it. All the self-righteous "Women's Revolution" people up in arms about a storyline where a male flunkie helps a woman win a ladder match. The Social Justice Warrior segment of the wrestling fanbase is so damn annoying.

"This could have been such a big moment". Spare me. This is F'N wrestling, not real life.

I love it. All the self-righteous "Women's Revolution" people up in arms about a storyline where a male flunkie helps a woman win a ladder match. The Social Justice Warrior segment of the wrestling fanbase is so damn annoying.

"This could have been such a big moment". Spare me. This is F'N wrestling, not real life.

Part of that is WWEs fault for talking nonstop about the "first women to___" aspect all the time. Not just talking about it, but beating it into the ground and making it the whole story. I mean, all Sasha talked about the whole Charlotte feud was the "women's revolution". It's a heavy handed mistake on WWE's part. Just give them their spots on the card and book them well and let them show and prove.

Part of that is WWEs fault for talking nonstop about the "first women to___" aspect all the time. Not just talking about it, but beating it into the ground and making it the whole story. I mean, all Sasha talked about the whole Charlotte feud was the "women's revolution". It's a heavy handed mistake on WWE's part. Just give them their spots on the card and book them well and let them show and prove.

That's not how they book the men though. We're constantly reminded that Chris Jericho was the first undisputed champion, we're reminded Michaels was the first to win a Rumble from spot 1, we're constantly reminded that Roman did something vague to Undertaker's career.

Firsts are a type of intangible accomplishment that casuals can easily digest. Former world champion Y2J doesn't sound nearly as huge as first ever undisputed champion does it?

Carmella will always go down as the first winner. I would not be surprised if they re-do the Money in the Bank match on SDL this week, with Carmella still coming out on top via some other Ellsworth interference.

I agree, overuse of women's revolution is tedious, but it would be like not acknowledging the elephant in the room if the didn't mention the women's firsts. They're easy ways to sell matches, it's up to us as hardcore fans to accept that it does add something to the product for other levels of fans.

And this pretty much confirms that the finish worked.

She's a heel. You're supposed to be mad.

Nobody knew about Carmella or gave a fuck about Carmella before this match. Then Ellworth grabbed the briefcase for her, people freaked out about it like babies, and now there's some actual heat.

Time to do business.

Half of me wanted to see a woman climb the ladder and get the case, but the other half knew something like this would happen. To be honest I thought Ellsworth would help her by setting up the ladder and keeping the others away, or something dumb like that. It is what it is though.

WWE writers are geniuses. If they decide to give us something rather shit they can just pat themselves on the back and say "Make a bad guy do it, that way nobody's accountable for our horrible ideas". So good on them for figuring out we'll wave anything off as long as it's done by someone we're not supposed to like.

Ellsworth is selling his role exceptionally well taking to Twitter. Though I wouldn't call it a positive if the major thing coming out of the Women's Division is about a man. Sorta weird really. Meh. Least he isn't in drag?

Like I JUST said, if he had helped in any other way, I wouldn't be bitching. This isn't about desperately wanting indy style match ups. Character work is a great thing. And I gave you actual examples of good heat that wouldn't have annoyed me. Examples that would have been respectful to the division we've been trying to pull out of the hell hole. But instead of those examples, Carmella didn't win. He did. It would not, and HAS not happened to men in these kinds of match ups. There's no precedent for it. Lita, Rhyno, and Spike Dudley did not pull the titles down during TLC. They helped the actual contenders do it. I get that they were going for heat. But it just made the rest of the ladies look like dopes. It made me not want to take any of them seriously. It was more detrimental to the entire division than it helped Carmella. And that's a problem. When a half pint idiot makes all your female wrestlers look like fools, you're doing something wrong. And it's more heat on him than it is Carmella. The manager shouldn't be getting more heat than the wrestler.

Her fake cash in felt half-assed to me. I'd feel a lot better if she had used it and won the title. It'd be easier to forget the bullshit that came before it.

Like I JUST said, if he had helped in any other way, I wouldn't be bitching. This isn't about desperately wanting indy style match ups. Character work is a great thing. And I gave you actual examples of good heat that wouldn't have annoyed me. Examples that would have been respectful to the division we've been trying to pull out of the hell hole. But instead of those examples, Carmella didn't win. He did. It would not, and HAS not happened to men in these kinds of match ups. There's no precedent for it. Lita, Rhyno, and Spike Dudley did not pull the titles down during TLC. They helped the actual contenders do it. I get that they were going for heat. But it just made the rest of the ladies look like dopes. It made me not want to take any of them seriously. It was more detrimental to the entire division than it helped Carmella. And that's a problem. When a half pint idiot makes all your female wrestlers look like fools, you're doing something wrong. And it's more heat on him than it is Carmella. The manager shouldn't be getting more heat than the wrestler.

Her fake cash in felt half-assed to me. I'd feel a lot better if she had used it and won the title. It'd be easier to forget the bullshit that came before it.

First of all, I think you got a right to be annoyed with it but let face it, would we be talking about this if they didn't do this with this match. Probaly not, it would have just been like every other MITB match and e forgotten the next day.

Now they had the guts to do something that's never been done with this match to make it different and have people talking. Plus when you look at it, this is a move that the carmella character would do. She wouldn't mind using ellsworth to get what she want. It's an old school way of getting great heel heat for both ellworth and carmella and makes you want to see where they go next.

If they just went with a clean finish, nobody would have cared about it even if it was the first ever women's mitb. The fact is, first ae not remember anymore. How many of us still remember the first women's hell in a cell match? No many, yet it was a great match with a clean finish but in the end we talk about it for a while and move on. That's what this is, a way fr us to talk about it and then we will move on like everything else that happens in wrestling.

So for me, I really don't care about the fact that it was the first MITB women's match, they had a really good match and the ending made sense for the character that won the match. I don't see it as ellsworth winning the match because hedidn't, carmella did, all he did was help carmella win and when the women's get their revenge on carmella and ellsworth, the fans will pop use for it.

Some of us like being teased.

I think that the problem with being a female heel in pro-wrestling is that they're often limited to petty things like calling Mickie James "piggy" or hitting on a rival's boyfriend. With this Carmella can literally steal a show, and I really like the idea of a female heel who draws legit heat without having the crowd chant "****! ****! ****!"

I think that the fake cash-in was great because I feel that the point of the (surprisingly good) Naomi vs Lana match was to endear both women to us, but probably Lana more-so. Naomi keeps her belt, and both women likely sneer at Carmella everytime she walks by for stealing their thunder.

Carmella being Ms. Money in the Bank has momentum, and I'm legitimately excited to see where the WWE goes with this.

It's quite simple. If a large portion of fans are legitimately pissed off at the way a heel won a match (within reason of course), that alone makes the finish a good one. Had the internet pundits reacted with passivity or responded to the finish by saying, "wow that sucked," and left it at that, then I could admit that the booking didn't work. But ironically, the fact that people are getting so riled up is what makes the ending an effective one. Who are the fans going to take their anger out on? The invisible shmos in the back who they never see, or the wrestlers in the ring bragging about how they cheated their opponents out of a win? We could say we're mad for the wrong reasons, but the fact is we're mad... and that's the whole point of heel booking.

Let's be real here people, this finish doesn't set the women's division back. The women are still going to be an integral part of Smackdown, Carmella is still going to be recognized as the first ever Miss MITB, and the fans are going to find something else to get angry about a month from now and forget all about this. I'm sure the creative team woke up on Monday morning, realized how pissed off some fans were, and gave themselves a nice pat on the back and congratulated each other for working the smart marks.

Is this a site for people with a fear of heights?

It is climbing a ladder, not discovering radium. Lots of women have climbed ladders before. To the best of my knowledge Trump has not outlawed it yet. The climbing is actually not that difficult, even James Ellsworth can do it.

People have way too high of an opinion on what it means to win this type of match. Don't mistake the reward for the accomplishment.

That the womens division need this fuckwit to shine, says plenty. Carmella is not anything on the rest of the division (excluding Lana). Elsworth is comic relief, the womens division cannot be taken seriously with this moron being the centrepiece of it./

Happy to see so many rational responses to this subject, and not so many "IT WAS TOTALLY SEXIST AND WWE BURIED THE WOMEN'S DIVISON" replies.

Anyone crying about how "a man won the women's match" needs to take a look at themselves because they're the problem. The gender roles have been flipped on their heads here. Where it was always a woman jumping up on the apron or distracting a referee, this time it was the weak, cowardly man helping the female villain win. The fact that Elsworth unhooked the briefcase means nothing.

This was a fresh angle that has people talking about a match that would've been completely forgotten about if not for the controversy. Anyone complaining that they don't take the women seriously anymore need to evaluate how much stock they place in the women's division. The outcome of one match shouldn't be enough for you to completely disregard an entire division.

And if it is, then you're the problem.

Okay all I've really heard from is men on this match, so let me give it too you from a woman's perspective.

On one hand I was thrilled with the fact that the women were finally getting a chance to have a match that only existed before for men. Then when I saw who was in it, realized to my dismay that Ellsworth was going to do something to screw everyone out of the briefcase.

As I said earlier, I really thought he would somehow find a way to set up the ladder for Carmella and maybe keep the other's away from climbing it. I never in a million years thought he would just climb the ladder and throw down the case making her the winner.

Was it cheap, sure it was, Carmella had more than enough time to get up that ladder and get the case down with Ellsworth standing guard at the bottom. I mean hell I've climbed ladders before, I don't like it but I've done it.

Shane McMahon made a big deal about saying how dangerous this match was and how worried he was for the women's safety. Kind of lame when all along the plan was for Ellsworth to take the risks. And if they weren't willing for the women to take the risks then they shouldn't have had the match to begin with. It's like dangling a carrot in front of the donkey's nose and pulling it away. I'm not mad at the outcome just a little disappointed by the whole thing.

Ellsworth was doing a very good job at Twitter. He was easily gaining some heel heat for his comments and more importantly, making Carmella more heel-ish.

Him being a jobber might affect Carmella badly but as of now, he has done a good job in what's the core motive for his partnership with Carmella.

Also, Carmella's promo was very good. Made me care for her more than I ever have.

Perfect. Now I'm just waiting for the moment next Tuesday when Ellsworth again tries to help Carmella and gets ambushed by the other female wrestlers. It's going to be as beautiful as Carmella's victory next week:p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back