Jason Jordan's In-ring Future Uncertain?

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Over the last several weeks, there've been reports going about regarding the nature of Jason Jordan's injury and how severe it is. Reports over the last week or so have stated that Jordan has been suffering from neck issues severe enough that he was experiencing pain, numbness in at least one of his arms and that his grip strength in said arm was pretty negligible. Yesterday, Jordan underwent surgery via Joseph Maroon, the head of WWE's medical program, in what was a "minimally invasice posterior cervical microdiscectomy." Maroon told WWE.com:

"He had an injury to a disc in his neck which resulted in significant pain that was refractory to all conservative measures. It was decided to do a minimally invasive operation to decompress the nerve, to allow it to heal."

So basically, of the various options that were probably discussed, it sounds like Jordan opted to undergo the one designed to keep him on the shelf for the least amount of time. The impression I get from this procedure is also one where Jordan, company executives, Maroon, etc. are all crossing their fingers and hoping that this will clear everything up. Hopefully that will indeed be the case but neck issues in such a physically demanding profession almost seem to get worse over time rather than better. One would think that there's a strong possibility that Jordan will have to undergo major surgery somewhere down the line even if this procedure clears things up for the time being. WWE officials are skittish when it comes to cranial and/or cervical trauma in the first place, which is understandable, so I don't think it's much of a stretch to feel that Jordan's future inside the ring is up in the air at this point.

People give him a lot of shit, but I think he had at least a mildly promising heel run coming soon. Not to mention, it's a shame when any talent gets wasted away at such an early age, regardless of the reason. Let's hope he makes a full recovery.

I guess you can say that.. it runs in the family.

OK, seriously though this definately sucks for Jason. And I had just started admiring his work and I had just started seeing his potential as a big winny heel. He was getting better and better in his role and the pay off would have been nice. Who knows when he's going to return, where Angle will be at the time and how the company will view him then.

Behind Strowman he's the best thing on Raw. He's even made Seth Rollins mildly interesting. I hope it's minor and he's back soon, in the interim I would have him "help" his father as G.M.

If he's taken the option that's giving him the quickest return then he's probably kicking the can down the road.

The storyline has grown on me and as mentioned it's also kept Seth Rollins in the spotlight.

Hopefully he returns healthy, being his father's lacky & costing faces some matches will eat into his time recovery while still on TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back