Jaws remake coming Summer 2016

Dowdsy McDowds

Sally was here
Spielberg is attached as an Executive Producer and Gareth Edwards has been tipped to direct. Matt Damon has been rumoured to have been approached for the role of Hooper, who will be based more on the book's interpretation rather than the original film's.

OK, so that is all completely false but I wondered if people would really kick up a fuss if a film of the stature of Jaws were to be remade in the next couple of years. Same goes for Apocalypse Now, Taxi Driver and well most of the big films of the 70s.

Have at it lads and lasses.

I'll watch if they have Nic Cage in it. It will either be awesome, or so terrible its awesome.

I am actually surprised they have not tried to remake other films from around then like Young Frankenstein for instance. Seems like Hollywood would have jumped all over a chance to crap on that one & put Adam Sandler\Seth Rogen in the role of Victor & Igor just to make a quick buck and anger fans.

The old Wicker Man trick ey? Possibly the safest way to not cause any offence to die-hards of the original; do a remake so bad that it can be appreciated as a comedy. Of course, Jaws 4 did this already so it may not work as well.

The old Wicker Man trick ey? Possibly the safest way to not cause any offence to die-hards of the original; do a remake so bad that it can be appreciated as a comedy. Of course, Jaws 4 did this already so it may not work as well.

Yeah Wicker Man was absolutely awful, but it was hilarious.

I'd watch a Jaws remake, as long as it is actually a remake and not another awful sequel.

They did remakes for A Nightmare On Elm Street, The Thing (technically it's another remake and a prequel in one film, but still) Carrie, RoboCop, Total Recall, and Halloween. Nothing is safe now a days. I know the rumors for a Jaws remake pop up every other year, but I believe it'll happen some day. I'll watch a Jaws remake out of curiosity, and let's face facts, it'll be better than Jaws 4, anything is better than Jaws 4.

I'll watch if they have Nic Cage in it. It will either be awesome, or so terrible its awesome.

I am actually surprised they have not tried to remake other films from around then like Young Frankenstein for instance. Seems like Hollywood would have jumped all over a chance to crap on that one & put Adam Sandler\Seth Rogen in the role of Victor & Igor just to make a quick buck and anger fans.

That's only if Nick Cage plays the staring role as the shark.

I still have disdain for Hollywood in regard to remakes & unnecessary sequels instead of being original. Now we have Poltergeist on the way & I can only hope it is not a pile of trash.

The day someone seriously attempts to remake Godfather, E.T. or Holy Grail is the day someone attempts to blow up Hollywood. Certain things should stay the way they are & attempting to screw with them will cause a huge problem from fans & actors\directors alike.

The day Gone With the Wind gets remade is when I lose faith in movies and hoard books.

I'll watch a Jaws remake if McG stays away from it.

The Spaceballs cartoon sent a clear message to Hollywood: everyone should leave the works of Mel Brooks alone, even Mel Brooks.

I still have disdain for Hollywood in regard to remakes & unnecessary sequels instead of being original. Now we have Poltergeist on the way & I can only hope it is not a pile of trash.

The day someone seriously attempts to remake Godfather, E.T. or Holy Grail is the day someone attempts to blow up Hollywood. Certain things should stay the way they are & attempting to screw with them will cause a huge problem from fans & actors\directors alike.

See, I guess my point of view now is that even if a film of the calibre of the 3 you mentioned is remade, it won't take anything away from the original. If it is a bad remake then people still love the original. If it is a good remake then no harm done.

Remember those Tracy Morgan Jaws remade as a comedy rumours? That would've been...weird.

Hopefully it gets changed to an Indianapolis sort of prequel or they just make another intalment.

Jaws has been remade so many times as so many different movies, it would be totally redundant to remake it as a movie called Jaws. Not that I'm saying Hollywood doesn't like redundant remakes - just look at what they've done to Paul Verhoeven's back catalogue.

Supposedly Toy Story 2 was meant to be a direct to video/DVD sequel for a while. Wee bit of trivia I thought I would share.

I think that the decision on Quint's character and his back-story with the Indianapolis would be pivotal in the decision of whether or not they modernise the film or keep it in the 70s. Unless there have been any big ferry disasters that have involved shark attacks in the aftermath?

The second Gulf War has been a decent enough context to replace any Vietnam War references but I suppose there are some classic films whose time-periods are quite specific and integral to the plot.

Edit - Just to be clear, a Jaws remake isn't happening. This is all purely hypothetical.

I say fuck the bullshit, lets get back to our roots. Nothing says scary shark movie like a big plastic fin & stock shark footage. Why spend all that money on the most realistic looking CGI you can get, when you can go old school & just spend that money on strippers & blow at the after-party? Go back to what you did best Hollywood.

The best thing about most of the older horror/thriller films was the implied threat of a tormentor, rather than showing it explicitly and getting people to marvel at it from the get-go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back