Jericho confirms he will return after DWTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be cool to see Jericho hold the WWE title again if he returns. He's held the World Championship a few times since his return in 2007, but the last time he held the WWE title was many years ago. I'd rather see him return as a face on Raw or as either face/heel on Smackdown. He should not return to Raw as the same heel character he left as, since Miz is playing a similar character. He had hinted that he'd return after he's done dancing. Well, Jericho, you got eliminated.... Here's to hoping you will be back in WWE soon. I could see him defeating Miz and then dropping the title to someone like Morrison, both guys would benefit from a feud with Jericho if he returns.

I think Jericho has a big role to play over the next year, as a warm up opponent for The Rock...

Jericho is a perfect candidate to get Rocky back into ring shape, as lets face it Rock is unlikely to be dumb enough to go into Mania cold... I can see another Jericho tag team combo Rock/Jericho being the team... as they are the two most "hollywood" guys on the roster. It would be a good PR move to have the two team for a match in the weeks running up to Mania to have them face off and give Rocky that all important warm up match...

I think Vince is high enough on Jericho to give him that final run, as he is always good for mainstream coverage...something Vince is desperate for at the moment as he tries to get the W out... in the meantime, once he is clear of DWTS commitments (they won't stop him being on WWE TV, maybe only from wrestling, which would be ideal if he is the GM) I could see him and Christian or he and Morrison tussling for the belt on either brand... I would also like to see what he can do with Del Rio and Sin Cara...

I do see Jericho eventually being the guy to put Barrett into the main event, master student hasn't been done well for a title for a long time...

i personally love jericho but his last run was just awful IMO...i. get sick. of. him. talking. like. this. all. monotone. and. boring.

i dont look forward to him coming back only to put over scrubs like ziggler and morrison and truth. my god the next generation of fans are going to have such a shit product to watch when the current vets go away.

Y2J has been eliminated from DWTS and though I would love him to play the babyface once more, him coming back to WWE on SD will balance the face-heel imbalance that has come up because of the draft. Now i know, the blue brand has Barrett, Cody, Kidd, Sheamus, there is a big name missing. Y2J can fill that slot perfectly. The guy gives you perfect emotions and has the skills to put over anyone. He comes back against Orton, moves on to Christian, and possibly the Undertaker and you can even make him his 20th opponent as UT vs Y2J hasn't happened at WM yet. All mouth-watering prospects. :)

All in all, this means that if i'm putting him on SD, he may become the WHC and not WWE champ. But yes I would like a Y2J title run. Short but entertaining like only he can.

what ppl dont get is, he may be eliminated from DWTS but eliminated stars are still contracted to the show and sometimes dance on the finale. after that he's scheduled to tour with Fozzy in the summer so likely a summer slam return is most likely

I really want to see at least one more run by the ayatollah of rock and rolla. I liked his heel run enough, but I haven't had goosebumps from a face promo since Jericho's debut, and I miss his charismatic Y2J Gimmick compared to the parasitic hypocrite gimmick.
I'm almost sure we'll see him wrestle for at least 1 more run, but as people have been pointing out, his schedules pretty full for this quarter, maybe in fall.

I don't know if his return is, in fact, imminent...I saw the post or whatever he made, it was very vague. But I really hope he does return, he's a great performer, and can make everyone around him more interesting. His last face run was awful for some reason, but he killed as a heel. I could see a partnership/feud with Punk being truly awesome.

people have to remember a few things about winning and losing.

The age old tradition in wrestling is when you're leaving the company you leave losing. It's a time where personally a wrestler is leaving to enhance ones career in other areas and gives back to the industry by elevating someone else.

Jericho himself has already done everything he's needed to do to prove he's one of the all time greats. He was a mid carder in WCW and Vince saw his ability thus pushing him to new heights. I'm sure Jericho wants to give back more to the industry than prove he's still an incredible asset.

Personally, imo i've always loved Jericho, in an out of the ring and in or out of the industry. I wish we could see more of Jericho as a main guy who holds the title on more than one occasion because he can be loved or hated by millions, but that probably won't happen for too long as the WWE is in a transition of youth phase. However i would like to see him win the WWE title before his career is over with.

Yeah why not but he would have to be on smackdown cause it would be silly to have him go over cena,miz,alberto ect as he is like taker hhh coming towards the end of his career so put him on smackdown let him maybe feud with christian and orton over the belt win it and lose to the one who did not get pinned or somink like that

Chris Jericho posted the following on his Twitter page: "For the first time in 8 weeks I dont have dance rehearsals. What am I going to do with myself now? Anythin goin on in Tampa this weekend...?"

So what do you guys think? Is Jericho just messing with us or could this be happening? When you think about it it makes sense if he were to return and screw over Orton, could this mean Jericho will be returning on the smackdown brand? Or would you rather see him do something else if he returns? if so what?

... No I don't think we'll see him until SummerSlam... Maybe MITB or Capitol Punishment. But I think DWTS tours or something, so he's probably still gotta do that, too. I would like to see Jericho back on SmackDown, but I guess a confrontation with The Miz is inevitable

he already teased about being on Raw this Monday. He will come in and help the rock in some way. They will be as tight as Kurt Angle and Steve Austin were 10 years ago (during Austins heel run) I like the Idea, Jericho is Great to have on the program. I want to See Miz vs Chris Jericho for the WWE Championship then John Cena Vs Alberto Del Rio for the WHC and the Same night Crown a New Undisputed WWE champion when Chris Jericho Defeats John Cena Via Submission. But in reality it would be Alberto Del Rio becoming the next next Undisputed Champ....But Damit it would be Glorious to see the 1st ever Undisputed champion do it again 10 Years Later.... Y2J is the best in the world at what he does!!!

How about The Rock has his birthday celebration and the 'count down clock' starts? Jericho interrupts him like he did in 1999?! Just an idea!!!

The big question is face or heel? Usually Superstars who have being out of action for a while return as faces. But Jericho needs to return as a heel because Orton put him out of action with a punt to the head. Jericho also needs to go over to Smackdown. Raw simply can't 'house' another top heel - Del Rio, Miz and Punk pay due to that. Although Punk looks like he could be taking some time off later this year.

So many questions to be asked but from the off and I would have him return on Raw and then accounce he is on Smackdown. Smackdowns top heels at this time are Rhodes, Barrett, Sheamus.

Can't wait to see Jericho come back, WWE needs more main event faces and he could fill this role perfectly. Would love to see him in a feud vs The Miz or Del Rio

Wait really? Oh. Because I thought he was like retiring and shit. Yeah, this is like that whole "Jeff Hardy's coming back to TNA at some point" stuff. I'd care more if I get something more precise than "eventually".

He may still be under contract to DWTS... BUT he is not oblidged to appear on every show... nor is he "barred" from WWE during the time... It's just commonsense that while an active competitor he would devote his time to it...

On the UK version, which DWTS is taken from, the competitors this year included an active UK soap star and presenter of a daily tv/news show... both remained on their respective shows throughout...

The only "bar" will be that Jericho will unlikely be allowed to wrestle until after the finale... but, in Chris's case I can even see that being waived as he is considered a professional athlete. He could appear in promos etc without any danger or risk... indeed I am certain that he would have been smart enough to work it into his contract (he would likely have known Rock was coming back too....)

I didn't think of Monday and the Birthday... my god that would be sweet...

I'd be ok with this return as Jericho has made a new career out of putting people over. He's also one of the most valuable things you can have: a veteran that can be plugged in anywhere. This is what Angle and Shawn were about 5 years ago. If you were stuck with an injury or a bad angle, throw one of those two in there and you're guaranteed a passable feud and no one is going to question one of them challenging. Would anyone have an issue with Jericho being thrown into a world title feud? Not at all, which is why he'd be very valuable. No problem with this at all, especially given his track record of putting people over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back