John Morrison

mace87

Occasional Pre-Show
I think I saw somewhere around Royal Rumble time that John Morrison might be coming back to the WWE, is this true and would most people want to see him come back? I for one would as I thought around 2011 he was looking impressive and had a lot of entertaining matches which I thought might have been building to a Jeff Hardy style rise into the WWE/WHC title picture.

What are your thoughts?

I'd warmed to him in the final 18 months of his run. But I can't say I've missed him.

I don't see why WWE would have him back. He's got no real name value and they don't need him. Kofi still occupies a similar spot and if we're honest, WWE has a greater selection of talent who are all superior to Morrison.

Eh, I'm not all that interested in John Morrison returning. Frankly, I don't think WWE management is either. Morrison was fun to watch inside the ring and his "Shaman of Sexy" and "Guru of Greatness" schtick was kinda fun in the beginning, but it got a little silly after he left the ECW brand. Unlike guys like Jericho or RVD, Morrison was never really a main event guy. He had a handful of title shots, but he never won it.

JoMo had some great matches against Sheamus and, for a while, it looked like he might genuinely get a run as WWE Champion until he, allegedly, became something of a joke backstage. Once word got out that JoMo, allegedly, had no issue with Melina screwing other guys, including Batista, again allegedly, JoMo lost a lot of respect among the locker room guys and management. Still, that aside, JoMo never really connected with the fans. He reminded me a lot of Shelton Benjamin in that he had a good look, was crazy athletic, but there was just no solidified connection with fans.

The last I heard, Morrison seemed to be pretty happy working the independent scene. I'd read a few years back that his price was $3,000 per appearance, dunno if he's getting that much, but he's obviously been making enough money to where he feels he's much better off than signing with TNA.

I love John Morrison so so much. At the end of 2012 I traveled over 5 hours and bought 60 dollar front row seats to a 2CW event and then paid 20 dollars to meet John Morrison afterwards. He faced Kevin Steen that night in an amazing match. It was a free ippv, if you get the chance you should check it out, 2CW Living on the Edge 8.

If he came back to the WWE I would probably mark out the hardest since I was 13. I do agree with Y 2 Jake though; John Morrison would just be wasted in the WWE. You have Kofi Kingston and now Adam Rose on the roster that basically fill all the niche that John Morrison did.

JoMo is one of my favourite WWE guys from the last few years and one I'd love to see come back again.

He's capable enough in the ring, can do the flippies when needed, was fairly over with the crowd and his abs are like a portable cheese-grater. Not everyone who comes back needs to go bothering the top of the card, especially with Cena, Bryan, Evolution 2.0, The Shield and The Wyatts all pottering around with each other. Morrison can easily have some decent showings with the likes of RVD, Christian, Sheamus who are in a similar position.

Morrison not being in WWE at the moment certainly doesn't seem to hurting either party but bringing him back in for even a year or so is pretty low-risk too and we get a sutd-muffin of beautiful man-flesh to feast our eyes on, observe.
john-morrison-wwe-superstar-pr-o.gif

John Morrison certainly had the look and move set. He just wasn't as charismatic as he thought he was (and I used to think) He wasn't all that great on the mic and I think that's what hurt him. If he's improved in that aspect he certainly could be an asset in the midcard which could use some decent guys.

WWE doesn't miss him. I don't miss him either, but I wouldn't mind seeing him come back. His charisma resonates through his physique and his moves, but from what I recall, he wasn't very entertaining on the mic. I wouldn't mind seeing him with a hot diva as his mouthpiece. Or if he did a character overhaul. Something that hasn't been done before is a 'post rock star' talent. It would be unique for him to comeback purposely bloated and cynical, like Jim Morrison in his last years, or Elvis. I know it sounds weird, but I think it can get over as a heel character.

Miz is sort of at the point where it's hard to find something for him. If the tag team division, as we've heard a million times before is going to be more prominent in the WWE world, I wouldn't mind Morrison coming back to re-team with Miz to become heel tag team champs. Maybe a modern day version of the Rockers or the Midnight Express (smallish but effective tag team). I would not bring Morrison back to be a singles wrestler, the mid-card is already overcrowded.

I would be really excited to see Morrison make a return if he cleaned up some of his more messier aspects such as mic-work and intensity. Sorry but seeing a pretty-boy who was calm all the time and just couldn't get mad just wasn't doing it for me (at least Ziggler tries). That being said the guy had a great look and the cocky attitude to go along with it, along with some awesome work in the ring. I always thought he would return sooner or later but it never panned out I guess. I would like to see him return in an upper mid-card level, feuding with guys like Rollins, Ambrose, Kofi, Rhodes, etc.

Honestly, The only way I'd like to see him return is to rebuild his tag team with Miz. There are already a number of wrestlers waiting in line that would be more fun to watch. Fresher. However; the tag division is in dire need of help, once again. While I am not necessarily a fan of either Miz or Morrison, I did love to hate that tag team.

I too would put him in the kofi, miz, titus, darren young etc...category where he isn't needed but could be useful in some way, I guess. Much rather see melina return than him though.

I am going to be honest.. I have never found JoMo all that interesting even when he was sorta of getting a push.. yes he was crazy athletic,no doubt had the look of a WWE Champion but that is where it ended.. His whole shaman of sexy was alright,but again i never bought it.. I knew batista was with Melina,but JoMo not having a problem with it,is news to me..

That alone would make you lose respect for him if you were backstage.. He was crazy athletic,but the WWE doesn't need him right now and i doubt they ever will.. The fans were not really behind him,that itself is a major sticking point!

It would be awesome if John Morrison came back to WWE. He was underrated and should have been pushed over The Miz when they split up. Some might whine about his mic skills, but these same people might never have seen his material on The Dirt Sheet segments. Without a second world title I doubt he'd make it into the main event in today's WWE but he could certainly be a mainstay in the Intercontinental Championship scene. If he wanted to come back I'd fully support it and anticipate his return.

I am a big fan of morrison and would love to see him back, his physique, move set and charisma is all great.
didn't he say about two months back that if he were to return, he would want to be one of the top guys? I wouldn't be against that.

John Morrison certainly had the look and move set. He just wasn't as charismatic as he thought he was (and I used to think) He wasn't all that great on the mic and I think that's what hurt him. If he's improved in that aspect he certainly could be an asset in the midcard which could use some decent guys.

I can agree with that; it reflects the "take him or leave him" feeling I have. It seems there's always a place for a performer with a physique like his; his athletic ability accents his look, and that's fine......to me, it even indicates a personal magnetism that Morrison doesn't really possess. Nothing wrong with that, as long as it combines to add to the whole package.

It's ironic; I can't really bring to mind any of his matches; they don't stick. When I think of John Morrison, I recall that "human fly" thing he did at Royal Rumble '11. Now, there was a moment.

Sure, bring him back.....he belongs. Of course, I don't know what made him leave in the first place. If it was the brutal travel schedule; that ain't gonna change, so the company should be careful about being left in the lurch again. On the other hand, if they don't use him as a headliner, they won't get stuck in that manner should he again decide to bolt.

I always liked John Morrison, and thought he for sure would have been a main event champion one day. It's too bad it never really worked out for him, and I think it was because his mic work wasn't very good. It was getting better towards the end of his WWE run, but he was always hit or miss on the mic. It looked like he had a larger than life persona, but that never came across properly. I bet if he tweaked his character to be a little darker and more edgy he could still work as an upper midcard guy, and maybe even get that main event push.

It all depends on if they use him, because if he's just going to float around then yah there's no spot for him. They already have Miz, Ziggler and Kingston occupying that role.

thanks for your opinions guys.

I see where some of you are coming from with his mic skills not being all that good and that their are a lot of guys of his kinda level in WWE already. I could just see him working some exciting matches with guys like RVD, Rollins etc, also like the idea that some said about reuniting him with the Miz as it would give Miza bit of purpose again too.

I don't want to see John Morrison back. Not because I don't want to see him, but I honestly think WWE will do nothing with him. I was big fan of Morrison. I thought he was a quality preformer, and I liked his shtick. Especially when teaming with The Miz. But if he comes back, I don't think he'll do anything more than have a Kofi Kingston role.

Morrison was actually a great gimmick, and if I was still wrestling it'd be close to the one I'd pick... The 60's was a great hook, with the Hendrix style music, slo-mo entrance and his pretty scary Jim Morrisonalike appearance. It was one of the few times the gimmick REALLY fit the wrestler rather than the other way round shoehorning a gimmick onto someone.

The parkour stuff near the end was amazing to watch and it's pretty sad WWE didn't go further with it. That one entrance where he literally bounded over everything backstage in one take and then went to the ring proved he could get a crowd to drop their jaws...

Did Melina cock up him... probably, Trish is a popular girl backstage and one of Vince's "favourites" if you take my meaning... Anyone gives her shit and it won't go down well... BUT he did have a point about Melina being in the match and it was arguably the precursor to CM Punk's pipe bomb and sticking up for his fellow talent... only Morrison didn't have the mic skills to drop one.

Do I want him back, hell yeah... make him a Heyman guy, same/similar gimmick... have Heyman build a stable of guys that Vince and Triple H "overlooked" starting with Cesaro... do I see hom being a big thing? Not THAT big but like Barrett, I think he'd have done better with the chances Dolph and Christian have had in recent years and perhaps ADR too.

Something that hasn't been done before is a 'post rock star' talent. It would be unique for him to comeback purposely bloated and cynical, like Jim Morrison in his last years, or Elvis. I know it sounds weird, but I think it can get over as a heel character.

If they wanted this, all they would have to do is hire Wayne Ferris back, he already looks the part.

As for Morrison, never was a HUGE fan, but I do believe there was untapped potential there. I don't think he could get very far, though. He'd be stuck with a use like Kofi. Wrestle a few matches, be cheered by kids (or in his case, teen girls), and show off at the Rumble/in battle royals...

As for the Melina thing, I had heard about her and Batista in passing, but never knew it was that f'd up of a situation. If it's true, I lose respect for him as a person, but it has nothing to do with the character...and it makes me think Melina is a skank...but I'd still hit it, and John wouldn't have a problem with it! Giggity!

I thought he was the shits. His mic work was laughably bad. Just god awful. And for as athletic he is, his repertoire was lame. He was a pretty boy ballerina.

Morrison was slowly reaching main-event level but he was never going to make the leap to become a top guy. Morrison could easily be a good mid-card guy. He has a great look and is pretty good in the ring. On the mic, he wasn't the best but that could be overlooked if he was in the mid-card.

The IC and US title divisions are almost non-existent. Morrison could be challenging for those belts. At one point a few years ago (when there were two titles) I could easily have seen him becoming a World Champ but it is too late for that.

I would love to see his return, but if he's doing well now, then no, don't return to WWE. I've always felt that he's shortchanged and when he left WWE. WWE did not seem to appreciate his work.

Flippity schmippity that's about the extent of how Morrison is entertaining.

He was given plenty of opportunities to get over, never really did. Athletic as hell, but not great at promos, carrying a character, selling, or telling a story in the ring.

I wouldn't mind to see him back but I'd rather give someone else from NXT a shot. Eventually you have to shit or get off the pot as far as overness goes. He never did. He got to a certain level and plateaued.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back