Kevin Owens face turn?

Greg4WWE

Pre-Show Stalwart
He has been vocal to management that he wants to try a face run. Are we finally starting to see it from last night? His first face run was crap, if they go that direction with him this time I hope it's a legit effort.

As long as he isn't booked like an idiot like most of the other faces in the company, it could work. He needs to be an anti-authority type of guy.

I am Greg4WWE but changed up names because I didn't wanna be WWE Specific. Still an interesting topic here. I am still not sure they are going full face turn on Owens, but it seems they are heading that way.

Clearly the build will be for Shane vs. Owens at Summerslam. But what if WWE did this angle with it.....

Owens wins via DQ when Shane's goonies (McIntyre & Elias) interfere. Then out to the ring comes Heavy Machinery to save Owens. You have the common man's face group (overweight) taking on the authority. Easy angle to book and gives Tucker & Otis a chance to see how they do with a solid push.

It would be nice to establish an actual face turn. Unfortunately, no one is going to buy it because they've had him turn on his partners so many times in a short period of time. So much so that any time he gets a new "friend" or partner, you expect it every week and therefore do not allow the fans to get emotionally invested in anything that he does.

Shouldn't have had the New Day Turn awhile back. He was solid as a face taking Big E's place and then you flip him and flip him back??? To confusing for the wrestling fans. If your going to stick with this now you have him be a solo act since no one can really "trust" him. I would also have him go back to his pop up powerbomb finisher. Unique move that comes off way more fluid than his stunner. Maybe use the stunner to setup his finisher???

It’s what they do these days. They take heels who have run out of heat and generate moderate pop and give them sudden face turns.

So far Owens face run has been solid.
Is he basically Stone Cold 2.0? Yea sure.
But he’s making it work. You can argue the fact that it’s too soon to turn him since he’s just turned. I have no complaints though, other than maybe the fact that it’s almost the same kinda anti-authority that Steve Austin. But there really isn’t anything super original in wrestling anymore. For the time being I’ve been pretty entertained by this run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back