Kurt Angle Has Re-Signed with TNA; Will Finish In-Ring Career with Company

I hope he finishes his career in global force. Would have been great to see him tangle with rusev, Bryan, cesaro and swagger. So hopefully this gfw company comes in to full swing as I see it over taking tna really fast

For that to happen, GFW has to actually have a TV show with a roster and an office and a building to tape shows and a financial backer...:shrug:

This is conjecture. WWE, for all we know, was absolutely a viable option. Why else would it take this long to announce his future plans if that wasn't seriously being considered by both sides?

Just because they couldn't come to an agreement doesn't mean WWE went into this expecting him to turn it down. That's pure conjecture on your part.

They gave RVD, Brock Lesnar and Batista all part time or limited contracts. They gave Sting a "performers" contract. They chose to give Kurt Angle a full time contract when he is not not fully capable of being a full time performer and they knew it

Conjecture or not, it's obvious that WWE wanted to give him a contract that he had no chance of accepting.

Also, go with the fact that unfortunately Kurt was doing some negotiations and feelers behind Triple H's back which is considered a no-no. Triple H is the one now responsible for talking to the top talent like Batista and luring them back into the WWE.

It took so long because Kurt was hoping that he get the same deal as the others I mentioned. He never did. So, he stays in TNA.

Sorry for the double post. I did not see the first page and I saw this page first.

I don't mind having Angle around but there's just nothing left for him to do anywhere. He's fought everyone in TNA and while he can still do well enough, it's hard to trust him with anything long term given how often he gets hurt. I like him in the GM role where he might wrestle once every few months, but I don't need to see him in the ring all the time. If nothing else for the sake of his own health. Angle would be excellent in a trainer role but his time as a full time guy should have ended a few years back.

I don't mind having Angle around but there's just nothing left for him to do anywhere. He's fought everyone in TNA and while he can still do well enough, it's hard to trust him with anything long term given how often he gets hurt. I like him in the GM role where he might wrestle once every few months, but I don't need to see him in the ring all the time. If nothing else for the sake of his own health. Angle would be excellent in a trainer role but his time as a full time guy should have ended a few years back.

I tend to agree, but it's a precarious situation they're in, where they are going to absolutely need drawing power names to bridge this significant gap in households that will no longer have direct access to their programming. You have to convince people that that pay-up is worth it, and that really only comes by selling the names of guys like Angle, and probably ADR.

Was this supposed to be news? He's been part of the advertising for the Impact move to Destination America.

Of course it's news. Even if the writing is on the wall, this is still now an officially official type thing, and it's worth discussing, clearly.

I do agree, however, that the fact his likeness and his name specifically being mentioned as part of the press releases for the move to DA were about as big an indication as there can be as to where his career was headed (or remaining).

I tend to agree, but it's a precarious situation they're in, where they are going to absolutely need drawing power names to bridge this significant gap in households that will no longer have direct access to their programming. You have to convince people that that pay-up is worth it, and that really only comes by selling the names of guys like Angle, and probably ADR.

At this point, is Angle really even a major draw? He's been in TNA over eight years now which is over half his in ring career. If he wasn't a huge drawing card when TNA was on Spike, and he didn't seem to be anything head and shoulders above anyone else, I'm not sure he's going to be on the new network.

At this point, is Angle really even a major draw? He's been in TNA over eight years now which is over half his in ring career. If he wasn't a huge drawing card when TNA was on Spike, and he didn't seem to be anything head and shoulders above anyone else, I'm not sure he's going to be on the new network.

That's not really what I mean. I realize the term "draw" comes with correlations that may not entirely apply to the model TNA has been working with the last number of years. I'm saying that in order to entice fans to bridge this gap — that is to say, fans who do not already have this package/platform that awards them Destination America — they are going to require a few advertising pillars by means of "names" to do so.

In years past, those pillars would have been names (or really faces) like Hogan, Sting, Flair, etc. Regardless of the fact that all were well past their primes, or potentially not even active wrestlers.

At this point, is Angle really even a major draw? He's been in TNA over eight years now which is over half his in ring career. If he wasn't a huge drawing card when TNA was on Spike, and he didn't seem to be anything head and svwhoulders above anyone else, I'm not sure he's going to be on the new network.

They are not going to draw a big viewership in the new network because they don't have the same reach in homes as Spike TV. So that becomes futile.

I am not the biggest fan of Kurt but you still need some established names for the roster.

As much as it sadens me to say, but Kurt Angle is wasted in TNA.
He was a top notch performer who used to put on 5 Star matches. But over the last 6 years he turned into a injury prone wrestler. He isnt the great Kurt Angle, he is just another guy on TNA.

He could have had some great feuds in WWE right now. I was kinad hoping he would just take some time off to rest and heal up, and come back later. Maybe he needs a break from wrestling for a little and then come back to WWE or even TNA.

But as of right now, I dont think Angle matters much to anyone. Its really sad to see such a great star turn into someone who is just another guy overworking himself.

Triple H ego was working all over this.

Would have loved to see Kurt Angle one last run in WWE.

The man deserves it, Kurt is a legend.

Good news for Kurt Angle and TNA really. But I would have liked to have seen him go back to the WWE for just one more run. I don't really watch TNA that often any more, so I would have liked to have seen him back in the big time and doing something at WrestleMania, even if it just the way that Brock Lesnar, Taker or The Rock do.

But if the rumours are true and the WWE wanted him back on a full-time schedule then there is absolutely no way he was heading back there. He just can't do it any more. And he doesn't need to. TNA have build a company around him and he is the biggest fish in the small pond. He has made his money doing what he loved and that is all that really matters to anyone.

But I sure would have liked to have seen him wrestle at Mania one last time.

How long is his deal with TNA? I hadn't seen any details of his new contract. I'm curious to see if he really does have time for another run elsewhere.

Feels like WWE's backwards ass logic caused this. I love Kurt, I love TNA even more, but I'd love to see him finish his career in the WWE. There are some TNA guys who need to stay away from WWE. People like Sting, people like Bully, people like AJ or Roode or whoever. But Kurt is talented enough to adapt to their shit and make it work one last time. Unfortunately, it's the WWE we're talking about here. They know perfectly well that he can't do a full time schedule. They put that on the table on purpose, just to fuck with Kurt.

The worst part of this petty bullshit is that it's all because he went to TNA. WWE is officially the world's best funded child, second to only Justin Bieber. We all know they have no problem getting someone on a part time contract. We know they have no problem employing someone who's had DUI's and all sorts of criminal offences. Nothing is stopping them. If you're afraid he'll kill himself, put him in very few matches like Lesnar. He hasn't had an incident in a long time now. He's FINE.

So now Kurt is going to finish it in TNA. Fair enough, he's spent more time there anyway and he'll make the most of it. Still, a final WWE run was the right thing for him but the WWE couldn't shake off that chip on their shoulder to let the man finish his career where he wants, despite making them a crap ton of money for years. That fucking company, man. They can keep Khali for YEARS and now finally fire him, but they can't get Kurt on a part time deal? Fuck off.

They should have met in the middle. It is obvious Kurt was asking for too much money and WWE wanted too many dates. And if WWE was scared of Kurt signing and getting injured, they could have made a deal where his downside guarantee is insanely low in case of such an event. I don't see why not.

If WWE can pay The Undertaker 1million+ per year to do 1 match, then they can afford Kurt Angle to work only RAW's and PPV's. It is such a shame WWE's ego is so inflated they think they don't need Kurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back