Lari's Musings: Post-Wrestlemania 30 (Randy Orton)

L@RISANO

R.I.P Mustang Sally :( :( :(
Lari's Musings

I have decided to start my own Special threads on various topics. It won't be done at a particular timing, rather it will be done randomly. However, I intend to follow a certain topic pattern as much as I can. I hope you guys are receptive of the topics, and hopefully they can create interesting discussions amongst the members.

Cheers.

My first few Lari's Musings threads will be on certain WWE Superstars' direction Post-Mania. Even though some might not agree with how I am projecting their directions/fantasy booking them, hopefully, we can keep it as respectful as possible, even if our opinions differ greatly.
Here goes:

Post-Wrestlemania(Randy Orton)

It has been clear that Randy Orton has been a sort of afterthought throughout the Authority storyline feud. From the beginning it was clear, he was the Authority's Chosen "Face of the Company", mainly because HHH isn't on a regular in-ring schedule anymore( ;) ).

I do expect that he might linger around the title scene until the Extreme Rules PPV. However, I expect, based on how things have unfolded, that Daniel Bryan might well continue to be on the end of the Authority's wrath(whether he does triumph at Mania or not), but Batista might well spend at least until SummerSlam at the forefront of the Main Event scene alongside Daniel Bryan whilst Randy Orton, I expect, will be phased out in time.

Currently, John Cena is feuding with the Wyatt family, but even more than John Cena, I would love if WWE did with Randy and the Wyatt family, what they tried with Daniel Bryan around TLC and Royal Rumble. The Wyatts seem hell bent on destroying the Machine, and seem to be on a destruction path(as Cena put it).

Randy Orton being a virtual afterthought in the Authority storyline, would be the perfect target for the Wyatts to take control of,lMO. He would be the perfect guy in terms of how his Viper/Apex Predator character has been portrayed, to be receptive of the Wyatt family's methods that failed with Daniel Bryan(the feud was intriguing, but he was too hot a Babyface to be potrayed as anything like a heel,lMO).

The Wyatts have, as I said, talked about taking down the Machine, which many believe to be the hierarchy.
What better way for Bray to move on from John Cena than for them to resurrect the Vicious Side of a Randy Orton disillusioned by the Authority?
Feuding with John Cena can help Bray Wyatt and the Wyatt family extablish themselves firmly, as Top Heels.
Taking Control of Randy Orton post-Mania, can be Orton's way of helping Bray Wyatt get into the Main Event scene and in the sights of the Top Brass, lMO.

Your thoughts?

Not a bad idea at all. However, heels going after heel may not be something I'd be into much. Or if you're idea is about aligning Orton with Wyatts, it doesn't fit with Randy's character.

What I personally feel is they have to bring back Orton's vicious streak of punting people back. If he goes crazy against the machine, Wyatts may offer him to join. A feud with Shaemus might also work. They've history, so that might work.

Orton pairing up and becoming part of The Wyatt Family? Hmmmm....well, I can honestly say that it's something that does sound kind of intriguing, partially because Orton seems so "pretty", to quote Daniel Bryan. When you consider Orton's "Viper" character is someone that's essentially a cold hearted, vicious sociopath who seems mentally unhinged at times, MAYBE he could fit in with The Family.

It sounds a little unorthodox when you consider Orton as part of a backwoods "cult", but maybe unorthodox is what Orton needs at this point. In 11 days, Orton will only be 34 years old; he's still a young man that has a lot of years left in his career. The problem is, however, that people are becoming more and more bored with Orton because he's been pushed so consistently for so long. Randy Orton was a 6 time World Champion, Intercontinental Champion, World Tag Team Champion and Royal Rumble winner all before he was 30 years old. He won his first World Championship at age 24, so it's almost like he packed in a good 15-20 years worth of achievements into a 6 year span. When someone's done it all as Orton has while still being so young, you're left with someone that it becomes harder for fans to be interested in. MAYBE making Orton part of The Wyatt Family, changing his look a somewhat and jack up that unbalanced vibe of "The Viper" character could be the shot in the arm he needs.

I don't see Wyatt Family taking control of Randy as a good idea. He doesn't need them. Kane needed them but the ship has sailed on that.

If anything, there's plenty to do still with Randy. If by some chance he walks out of Wrestlemania as champ, he could feud with HHH/Batista or Bryan could finally upset him at a major pay per view instead of a RAW

It sounds a little unorthodox when you consider Orton as part of a backwoods "cult", but maybe unorthodox is what Orton needs at this point. In 11 days, Orton will only be 34 years old; he's still a young man that has a lot of years left in his career. The problem is, however, that people are becoming more and more bored with Orton because he's been pushed so consistently for so long. Randy Orton was a 6 time World Champion, Intercontinental Champion, World Tag Team Champion and Royal Rumble winner all before he was 30 years old. He won his first World Championship at age 24, so it's almost like he packed in a good 15-20 years worth of achievements into a 6 year span. When someone's done it all as Orton has while still being so young, you're left with someone that it becomes harder for fans to be interested in. MAYBE making Orton part of The Wyatt Family, changing his look a somewhat and jack up that unbalanced vibe of "The Viper" character could be the shot in the arm he needs.

I tend to agree with this. Personally, I'm not at all interested in Randy Orton's character at the moment. This move to the Wyatt Family could be really good for him. Obviously, he's been aligned with people (Evolution, The Authority) at times, but he seems like such a lone wolf, but it would be nice to see a change. May the "voice in his head" is Bray Wyatt! He doesn't look like the Wyatt Family, obviously, but mentally he's not far off. This move could make me more interested in his character. As it is now, I'm more interested in Sandow (if they would use him, he actually cracks me up!), Ziggler, and The Shield.

Ok, so remember Randy & Flair's dialogue on Old-School Raw? Randy needs to get more vicious after he loses the title. He needs to attack both the Authority & its enemies. Have Randy form a stable of nxt guys to watch his back. Corey Graves, and 2 others. This would be fresh and allow Randy to build his own version of the 4 Horsemen.

I've been wondering about Orton post-Mania season as well. I'm a fan of his and I think his character has been woefully mishandled during the Authority storyline, to the point where I felt he might need to go away for a few months after Extreme Rules to freshen up a bit.

Hadn't considered your suggestion of Orton joining the Wyatts and I think it;s a very good one. Orton's character would fit with them, particularly if he was booked in a way that he loses it after dropping the title. I'd be interested in this angle anyway

Randy Orton vs Bray Wyatt could be awesome, but not right after Wrestlemania. They can feud by the end of this year probably, around Survivor Series. Orton is mostly likely going to be the face in this feud, so he shouldn't turn face immediately after Wrestlemania. Team Wyatts vs Team Orton should be a great feud for Survivor Series. It sucks how WWE is not treating Survivor Series the way they are supposed to for the past few years. Everyone involved in both teams should have a story with each other. Wyatt's team can probably have Kane and one more guy, probably a heel Kofi? Lol sounds funny now, but it could work if booked properly. Orton's team could have Ziggler, Cody Rhodes, Goldust and probably a face Fandango (I can't believe this guy beat Jericho last year at Wrestlef'nmania and is jobbing to jobbers now). Orton joining the Wyatts is a great idea. I guess they can do that after Survivor Series and they can finally have a one-on-one match next year (they should not book an Orton vs Wyatt match this year; only a traditional Survivor Series match).

Heading to Summerslam, Rhodes and Orton could have a feud (they do have a lot of history). It would be good to see Rhodes get a victory over Orton at Summerslam, and then slowly they can turn Orton face after he gets attacked by the Wyatts. These guys can also attack Rhodes and Goldust thus they team up with Orton at Survivor Series. They can probably start a storyline between Rhodes and Goldust by the end of this year which culminates in a WM match next year cause honestly, a lot of people want to see Cody vs Goldust at WM.

Orton still has a lot left in him and I would love to see him feud with Rhodes, Wyatts, Reigns, Ambrose, Rollins and a whole lot of other superstars. I guess Bryan, Batista and probably Cena will be in the title picture after Wrestlemania. I would also like to see Sheamus feud with Bryan if they give Bryan the strap at WM. Ziggler vs Bryan could also be a great feud. There are very less chances for Orton to be in the title picture for the rest of the year. He can come back to the title picture sometime next year.

Orton pairing up and becoming part of The Wyatt Family? Hmmmm....well, I can honestly say that it's something that does sound kind of intriguing, partially because Orton seems so "pretty", to quote Daniel Bryan. When you consider Orton's "Viper" character is someone that's essentially a cold hearted, vicious sociopath who seems mentally unhinged at times, MAYBE he could fit in with The Family.

Agreed.
In addition to your post, I also have to say that Randy Orton also has been part of two Factions in his time, so the thought of actually putting him as part of a third conventional faction isn't interesting in any way.

My direction of Randy Orton post-Mania, is to essentially reprise what they wanted to do with Daniel Bryan when he joined the Wyatt family.

Bray Wyatt is a cult leader, who gets into his opponent's head and messes with them mentally. That aspect has become the focus of his feuds with everyone thus far, and is the focus right now in his feud with John Cena.

Randy Orton is currently an afterthought in the current Authority-World title storyline. It is pretty clear that he will probably lose the title and with that the backing of the Authority at Mania itself,lMO.

Thereafter, what exactly does he do to keep him interesting and not do a repeat of anything he has done already as JH has alluded to?

Hence, I would keep him in a side story to the Main title scene, and use it as a way to keep some focus on Orton as a Heel initially, with Bray and his family acting as the guys who come to "Help" Randy Orton in his time of need. To encourage him to take down "the Machine".
That is what the whole point of Daniel Bryan and the Wyatt family was intended for, but it couldn't quite work since Daniel Bryan was too hot as a Babyface and the crowd just wasn't into it to be interested enough in the storyline.
I am sure Bray's mind games would elevate him even more as a sadistic type of heel, whilst also letting Randy Orton regain some part of his vicious persona which he has clearly shed in this Authority storyline with a possibility of a Face turn for Randy at some point later in the year.

Randy Wyatt? Won't happen, they tried that with the guy the IWC are in love with, Daniel Bryan, and it failed horribly IMO.

It could be just that I hate the Wyatts anyway, Harper and Rowan are just 2 fat guys who do 4 moves between them and have the charisma of a carrot, and no mic skills. And Bray himself, although he has OK mic skills, is all about his 1 move, that Reverse STO he CALLS "Sister Abigail"/

Randy Wyatt? Won't happen, they tried that with the guy the IWC are in love with, Daniel Bryan, and it failed horribly IMO.

It could be just that I hate the Wyatts anyway, Harper and Rowan are just 2 fat guys who do 4 moves between them and have the charisma of a carrot, and no mic skills. And Bray himself, although he has OK mic skills, is all about his 1 move, that Reverse STO he CALLS "Sister Abigail"/

So...they tried and failed with Daniel Bryan....how does that mean that it will fail with Orton if they tried such a storyline with him?

I think such a story would be perfect for Orton and also to enhance Bray Wyatt's character even more. Ntm, it would certainly make for some intriguing Television,lMO.

Don't see why it couldn't work, but at the end of the day, it would almost certainly be more to Bray Wyatt's benefit than it would Randy Orton. No doubt it could help him, but it might take some time for it to become believable. Daniel Bryan could sell the heel turn pretty easily, I mean he has the look, and the storyline itself made sense. Moreso after he turned face again. I'm not saying Orton needs to grow a beard or something to sell it, but it would be interesting to see how they'd sell the story in this instance.

My not so well thought out and simple idea would be for The Authority to essentially cast Orton out to sea post-WM. He loses the title, HHH brands him a loser, no longer the face of the company, sends him packing etc. Orton becomes even more psychotic at the thought of no longer having The Authority's support, to the point where he could have a tweener face turn. Not to the point where he's sucking up to other wrestler's for support, but does something to get his own back on The Authority. Perhaps even to the point where he helps out Daniel Bryan? I dunno, it's just something off the top of my head. Your thread is much more well thought out. :D Looking forward to more musings.

Don't see why it couldn't work, but at the end of the day, it would almost certainly be more to Bray Wyatt's benefit than it would Randy Orton. No doubt it could help him, but it might take some time for it to become believable. Daniel Bryan could sell the heel turn pretty easily, I mean he has the look, and the storyline itself made sense. Moreso after he turned face again. I'm not saying Orton needs to grow a beard or something to sell it, but it would be interesting to see how they'd sell the story in this instance.

My not so well thought out and simple idea would be for The Authority to essentially cast Orton out to sea post-WM. He loses the title, HHH brands him a loser, no longer the face of the company, sends him packing etc. Orton becomes even more psychotic at the thought of no longer having The Authority's support, to the point where he could have a tweener face turn. Not to the point where he's sucking up to other wrestler's for support, but does something to get his own back on The Authority. Perhaps even to the point where he helps out Daniel Bryan? I dunno, it's just something off the top of my head. Your thread is much more well thought out. :D Looking forward to more musings.

Indeed, my thinking behind it is so that like Daniel Bryan and hopefully, John Cena will do...Bray Wyatt's Heel status would be elevated if my idea of Orton being mentally egged on by the Wyatts like DB was supposed to, actually happens.

It would also give Orton a kind of fresh programme that he hasn't done already( He has done a wide variety of stuff,tbh(Heel run, Face run, 2 Stables,etc.), even John Cena has the "popular" heel turn up his sleeve that Orton doesn't)

As for your idea; I think the helping DB thing, might well be carried out by the Shield,actually(who I hope are on a full collision course with the Authority).

More to come on the Shield in my next Lari's Musings. ;) :)

I may be alone on this but I think that Orton will end up feuding with Triple H after WrestleMania.I feel that Trips may turn face at or after WrestleMania.I feel like he will either help Bryan win or snap on Orton after Orton yells at him about losing the title (if he does.) I think they will feud for 3 months.There was also reports if I remember correctly that he would feud with Sheamus or stay in the title picture.Personally I want him to turn face and feud with Wyatt and Triple H remain heel as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back