Lari's Musings - Building the next Top Heels post-Authority...

L@RISANO

R.I.P Mustang Sally :( :( :(
Happy New Year, peoples!! :band:

With the return of the Authority on the final RAW of 2014, I hope that it is setting up for a fitting climax of the Authority angle once and for all...and also sets up for a WrestleMania 31 in which the up and comers who have gotten huge pushes this year, can come out looking like they belong with the Top Dogs when the event is over.

The top heels currently, are Brock Lesnar who is the current champion and HHH who is the Leader of the Authority.
However, once they don't stretch the Authority storyline too far and allow it to end fittingly at Mania 31, we can be sure that both guys will probably be moving on. Thus, they will need to be replaced, and who better than two fresh guys, one of which is pretty close to already reaching there, and just needs to leave Mania 31 with a bang!

That guy is Seth Rollins.
The self anointed "Future" of the WWE has come on leaps and bounds out of all the up and comers who have been pushed this year, and after his performance last RAW, seems set to be a part of the Main Event scene for the forseeable future.

So, how can he leave WrestleMania 31 with a bang?
I think that Daniel Bryan should defeat Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania after winning the Royal Rumble. Whilst Seth Rollins, who would have been defeated by Dean Ambrose in a brutal match earlier, should either cash-in his MitB on an equally brutalised Bryan after the ME, or he can do it the next night on RAW. Either way, that sets up for an absolutely brilliant Bryan vs Rollins feud for the title thereafter, with Rollins surely getting a shitload of momentum as a Heel, even more than ever before.

If that doesn't establish Seth Rollins as the Next Top Heel, nothing will!

______________________________________________________________________________________________
Now onto the next guy to be a Top Heel, and if played right, this guy could dominate the WWE landscape for a while, once Creative is on the ball with how they portray him.

That guy is... Bray Wyatt.
Now this guy's push has obviously been mishandled until now...but that is due more to circumstance than anything. I am convinced, that after Vince named him among those going for the brass ring, alongwith the SHIELD trio, that he does indeed have a big push coming and the Taker rumours fuel that even more.

That said; given that I have said Dean Ambrose defeats Seth Rollins at Mania31 to finish their blood feud off, and we all know Randy Orton is the rumoured Rollins feud, I would have Bray Wyatt face Randy Orton at WrestleMania instead.
So no Taker vs Bray Wyatt either(read on, peoples, you'll understand why. :) )

Now, Orton will face Rollins, but it will be a short feud, as I feel that with Orton out for so long, there is now no need for the feud to drag on. Have them face off at the Fast Lane PPV, with Bray Wyatt doing a classic interference which results in Orton losing to Rollins.

Thereafter, Rollins is pursued by Ambrose again, whilst Bray Wyatt goes after the Viper. So at Mania31, we get Ambrose vs Rollins and Orton vs Wyatt.

Bray Wyatt will do his usual recruiting scthick vs Orton, and finally, he will for once, recruit someone to his cause. And I think given Orton and his sadistic nature as the Viper, there isn't anyone better for Bray Wyatt to manipulate, and it would be a different way to keep Bray Wyatt in the shadows as the Puppet master, whilst using Orton to do his dirty work.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
In the meanwhile, instead of Taker vs Wyatt and the rumoured Sting vs HHH match... Health-permitting, we can finally get Sting vs the Undertaker at WrestleMania 31, in a purely nostalgic match. Who goes over doesn't matter, because we the fans will be the winners for seeing it. :worship: :worship:

Post-Mania 31, whilst Seth Rollins goes into a huge feud for SummerSlam with Daniel Bryan chasing after him for the WWE WHC title...

Bray Wyatt will be slow-burned from the shadows with him pulling the strings of the Viper, Randy Orton.
With the Taker vs Sting match out of the way.

The 2 Legends can then be used to put over Bray Wyatt big time.
First, Sting vs Bray Wyatt can take place at SummerSlam, with Bray Wyatt ending the legend of Sting, once and for all.
Thereafter, the story of the Deadman will end where it all started... with the Undertaker vs Bray Wyatt in a Casket/Buried Alive match at Survivor Series.

Bray Wyatt ending the career of two huge legends(who can then be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2016 together) whilst pulling the strings of the original Legend Killer would be a huge slow burn storyline.... and perhaps, at Royal Rumble 2016, Bray Wyatt can then face Randy Orton, once again, and put him out of action for a long period time, as hopefully, guys like Reigns, Rollins, Ambrose amongst others would be well established to allow Orton an extended time off.
Thus, Bray Wyatt would also be established as a true Top Heel going into WrestleMania 32.

Long, long post, I know. Please read and hopefully we can have some good discussion about a topic that I feel is important based on how things are shaping up.

Cheers! :lol:

I love heel Seth Rollins. His first WWEWHC reign is imminent as he will cash in sooner or later. He can play his role perfectly and he is the top heel now.

I don't consider Bray Wyatt heel. He is the mysterious man (like the Undertaker) and he is neither heel nor face. I like his character more than anyone in the current roster. He is very talented and his character fits perfectly. I like your idea about Wyatt's dominance and I wish this happens. He should gain momentum and become a top superstar.

Finally,I want to see Dean Ambrose turn heel someday in the future. I consider him a better heel than Seth and if he he makes this turn,he will optimize his abilities in the maximum level.

I love heel Seth Rollins. His first WWEWHC reign is imminent as he will cash in sooner or later. He can play his role perfectly and he is the top heel now.

I don't consider Bray Wyatt heel. He is the mysterious man (like the Undertaker) and he is neither heel nor face. I like his character more than anyone in the current roster. He is very talented and his character fits perfectly. I like your idea about Wyatt's dominance and I wish this happens. He should gain momentum and become a top superstar.

Finally,I want to see Dean Ambrose turn heel someday in the future. I consider him a better heel than Seth and if he he makes this turn,he will optimize his abilities in the maximum level.

Rollins is definitely on his way to the top. There is no doubt about that. High praise from Edge to Rollins on the latter's performance on the last RAW.

As for Bray... given that 2 huge heels in Brock and HHH will most likely move on, there will be a need to build another big time heel, and I think, once Bray's character is explored, he can definitely be an apt alternative to the Authority without being an Authority figure.

Ambrose will definitely have a heel run at some point. However, at this point, I feel his popularity dictates he stays babyface until an opportune time for him to turn heel in a big way. Agreed on his potential as a heel, I have no doubts he will nail it when he turns as his character is perfect as a heel.

I love with Rollins. I just worry with them trying to push Reigns so hard it may be at Rollins expense.

I believe they think a lengthy reign to Reigns, makes him the next big thing, even if comes down to them building up Rollins as much as they have now and have him to lose to Reigns when he cashes in like Sandow when he tried to cash-in on Cena when he was champ.

I love with Rollins. I just worry with them trying to push Reigns so hard it may be at Rollins expense.

I believe they think a lengthy reign to Reigns, makes him the next big thing, even if comes down to them building up Rollins as much as they have now and have him to lose to Reigns when he cashes in like Sandow when he tried to cash-in on Cena when he was champ.

Agree with this. Let's say Reigns wins the Rumble and goes on to defeat Lesnar at Mania. Not only with the backlash be incredible but if Rollins cashes in either at Mania or on RAW the night after, it will make Reigns look even worse. Plus if Reigns is getting boo'd the last thing they want is their top heel getting cheered for cashing in. The heat has to stay on Rollins for him to be successful right now. That's why Daniel Bryan is the perfect choice. If Rollins cashes in against him, he'll get nuclear heat from the fans.

Agree with this. Let's say Reigns wins the Rumble and goes on to defeat Lesnar at Mania. Not only with the backlash be incredible but if Rollins cashes in either at Mania or on RAW the night after, it will make Reigns look even worse. Plus if Reigns is getting boo'd the last thing they want is their top heel getting cheered for cashing in. The heat has to stay on Rollins for him to be successful right now. That's why Daniel Bryan is the perfect choice. If Rollins cashes in against him, he'll get nuclear heat from the fans.

Exactly! I just wonder would WWE actually put the title on Bryan two years in a row at WrestleMania.

I think a similar scenario WWE could do is have Rollins, Reigns, Bryan and Bray as the final four in the Royal Rumble match, Bryan eliminates Bray but Rollins comes right behind and eliminates Bryan.

The one year Bryan is in the Rumble match unlike last year and Rollins be the guy to eliminate Bryan, the heat would be there.

I agree with Rollins, I think cashing in at WM31 would get an insane pop, people would boo for hours, awesome.

However, you want two legends, one of them who has just arrived and the other shouldn't be wrestling anymore to job for a midcard heel? I'd rather Reigns turn heel as I think saying less and doing more plays right into his wheelhouse.

Wyatt lost a lot of momentum splitting with the family, he was feared by everyone and the last thing anyone wanted was that stable showing up. Rowan is going to be buried, Harper may chop around with the midcard title group and go nowhere, they could have been the best stable in the WWE and they fucked it, oh well, spilled milk and all that. Now he needs a solid protege of sorts, someone where he can be weird and wonderful on the mic and have someone brutalise the opponents. Not sure who anymore, Ambrose would have been perfect but they've gone another way with that.

Now he needs a solid protege of sorts, someone where he can be weird and wonderful on the mic and have someone brutalise the opponents. Not sure who anymore, Ambrose would have been perfect but they've gone another way with that.

Ooh, what about Baron Corbin? I know he's still in NXT and won't come up for a while, but when he does I think he'd be perfect to put with Wyatt.

I agree with Rollins, I think cashing in at WM31 would get an insane pop, people would boo for hours, awesome.

However, you want two legends, one of them who has just arrived and the other shouldn't be wrestling anymore to job for a midcard heel? I'd rather Reigns turn heel as I think saying less and doing more plays right into his wheelhouse.

Wyatt lost a lot of momentum splitting with the family, he was feared by everyone and the last thing anyone wanted was that stable showing up. Rowan is going to be buried, Harper may chop around with the midcard title group and go nowhere, they could have been the best stable in the WWE and they fucked it, oh well, spilled milk and all that. Now he needs a solid protege of sorts, someone where he can be weird and wonderful on the mic and have someone brutalise the opponents. Not sure who anymore, Ambrose would have been perfect but they've gone another way with that.

I did address that part about Bray having someone with him... the Viper, Randy Orton should be his first recruit to begin the push of Bray Wyatt post-31.

Let's face it, Randy Orton has some momentum but it won't last very long,lMO, and I think pairing him in order to push Bray Wyatt in a sensible way which goes with the latter's character would make loads of sense.
Also, some may say that such a role diminishes Orton, but based on what I saw in his face run as the Viper a couple years ago... it might well be a brilliant way to use him as Bray Wyatt's "puppet/follower" given the sadistic nature of his character. Heck, we may even get to see the return of the Punt Kick as well.

I did address that part about Bray having someone with him... the Viper, Randy Orton should be his first recruit to begin the push of Bray Wyatt post-31.

Let's face it, Randy Orton has some momentum but it won't last very long,lMO, and I think pairing him in order to push Bray Wyatt in a sensible way which goes with the latter's character would make loads of sense.
Also, some may say that such a role diminishes Orton, but based on what I saw in his face run as the Viper a couple years ago... it might well be a brilliant way to use him as Bray Wyatt's "puppet/follower" given the sadistic nature of his character. Heck, we may even get to see the return of the Punt Kick as well.

Randy Orton is one of the WWE elite workers and too high on the ladder to come down to Bray Wyatt's level. I could see Bray becoming a minion of Orton's. Wyatt needs someone who needs the rub, and it isn't Randy Orton.

EDIT: Why does Wyatt need someone anyway, can't this guy do it on his own. He had the perfect two foils for his nutty personality in Harper and Rowan and look what a winning streak they had. Wyatt has to stand on his own two feet, if he can't do that, then why is he there.

Randy Orton is one of the WWE elite workers and too high on the ladder to come down to Bray Wyatt's level. I could see Bray becoming a minion of Orton's. Wyatt needs someone who needs the rub, and it isn't Randy Orton.

EDIT: Why does Wyatt need someone anyway, can't this guy do it on his own. He had the perfect two foils for his nutty personality in Harper and Rowan and look what a winning streak they had. Wyatt has to stand on his own two feet, if he can't do that, then why is he there.

Wyatt needs people because his gimmick is that of a cult leader. Simple really. The biggest mistake that Creative did with the guy is to have had him in so many meaningless matches of Free TV even when he was still with Harper and Rowan.

As for Randy Orton being 'elite'.... I don't see why aligning with Bray as a follower means he has to take some huge step down...rather, since this is the push of Bray Wyatt, recruiting someone as high as the Viper, Randy Orton, would be a huge statement with regards to Bray Wyatt's 'message' finally bearing some substance instead of his promos being as they have been thus far, Empty Words, whilst also giving Orton something interesting to do with his character given he is just as stale as John Cena is, regardless of this newfound momentum he has picked up recently.

Wyatt needs people because his gimmick is that of a cult leader. Simple really. The biggest mistake that Creative did with the guy is to have had him in so many meaningless matches of Free TV even when he was still with Harper and Rowan.

As for Randy Orton being 'elite'.... I don't see why aligning with Bray as a follower means he has to take some huge step down...rather, since this is the push of Bray Wyatt, recruiting someone as high as the Viper, Randy Orton, would be a huge statement with regards to Bray Wyatt's 'message' finally bearing some substance instead of his promos being as they have been thus far, Empty Words, whilst also giving Orton something interesting to do with his character given he is just as stale as John Cena is, regardless of this newfound momentum he has picked up recently.

His cult leader gimmick has been a failure so far. He started out with two followers, tried to recruit Daniel Bryan, failed. Then he tried to bring Cena over to the dark side, another failure. After that he tried to save us from Jericho, still don't understand why, Jericho wasn't out to get any of us. Again can I say fail.

Now he's after Ambrose, who's just as crazy as he is. Oh by the way, in about two months, he's not any closer to getting him under his spell. And in the meantime, he lost the two followers he had, Rowan and Harper.

Give it up man, get a new gimmick, this one is not working and it's boring the tits off most of us now.

His cult leader gimmick has been a failure so far. He started out with two followers, tried to recruit Daniel Bryan, failed. Then he tried to bring Cena over to the dark side, another failure. After that he tried to save us from Jericho, still don't understand why, Jericho wasn't out to get any of us. Again can I say fail.

Now he's after Ambrose, who's just as crazy as he is. Oh by the way, in about two months, he's not any closer to getting him under his spell. And in the meantime, he lost the two followers he had, Rowan and Harper.

Give it up man, get a new gimmick, this one is not working and it's boring the tits off most of us now.

Exactly my point. He has failed which I alluded to with the "empty words" comment.
Thus, IF Bray Wyatt is to succeed as a character, he has to net someone who becomes his follower. We all know the WWE wouldn't have let it be Cena nor Bryan at the time he tried, but why not do it with the Viper, Randy Orton, whose recruitment would definitely make a huge statement?

Most of Bray Wyatt's failure has been poor writing. Windham Rotunda has just about done everything he has had given to him well, too bad Creative hasn't lived up to their name thus far. But the gimmick can definitely be saved with a great storyline,lMO.
Tho, I do agree that if the current pattern with him persists, it will definitely end up being a huge failure, but not on the part of the performer,lMO.

I think than is not a bad scenario moving forward & is def a possiblity!! In regards to Seth Rollins, I'm not sure if we have ever seen a WWE superstar step up to the plate so quickly & impressively...we can all see how athleticly talented he is in ring but its his work on the mic that is absolute gold & he plays the cowardly heel character to perfection...Physically he reminds me of a young Randy Savage & his perfection at playing the cheating heel who always seems to find a way to win is also on par with early Savage & an early singles wrestler Shawn Michaels.... Seth Rollins truly has limitless potential

COMPLETELY agree. I say I worry for Reigns in terms of the Rumble but Wyatt is in a much worst position in my opinion. Having this cult leader gimmick and feuding with people for no reason other than 'Sister Abigail told me to' would've worked if he had successfully got people to join him whilst holding on to Harper and Rowan.. but he hasn't. There's only so long you can have a guy feud with everyone for no reason and make no progress whatsoever. Not only that, but as you mentioned his promos are boring most now. Even my 12 year old sister would walk in and ask me to fast forward him, and the amount of times someone has walked in to say 'not this clown again' is extremely worrying. The problem is his gimmick got over so quickly and started taking a turn for the worst so quickly that a gimmick change can't be drastic as he's still fresh in the audience's mind, and a slight gimmick change would keep him on the path he's heading . I feel WWE might have dug themselves into a hole with Wyatt but we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back