Lashley would beat the tar out of Lesnar IRL

I agree with those who say Lesnar does as little as possible. I think that has been the case with him in almost everything he has done since college. But that doesn't mean he sucks. It's totally subjective, so I can see how he irritates fans and entertains others. But when he steps through that curtain, you know someone is getting fucking destroyed. No other heel brings that to the table.

Maybe, Lashley is a bit of a freak. But Brock is the best thing in wrestling, and I fucking love Daniel Bryan. But a heel champion who doesn't particularly care for the business but who's a legit badass that wrecks everyone, destroys "proper" wrestlers and then goes home? Looks bad on paper, maybe? Tough shit, works in reality. Most pro-wrestling is an over-booked shit-fest that's been done a million times... Brock Lesnar is not that.

Until Lashley shows that he's not afraid of getting punched in the face, I'm picking him in a shoot fight against Lesnar.

But would it not essentially be wrestler versus wrestler, in which case Lesnar has the clear advantage? Lashley's greatest achievements in that field are medals in armed forces tournaments; Lesnar is a former NCAA Division I Champion. Lesnar's major weakness - and it was undoubtedly a major weakness - were expert strikers, which Bobby Lashley isn't (even if, hilariously, he made Bob Sapp tap to punches). Not to mention that Lesnar is actually the younger of the two, albeit marginally.

Lesnar's Taker and HHH's matches except for maybe the 29 one have been horrendous to sit through.

I would have much rather had Bryan been squashed to death back at Summerslam purely for the fanboy rage it would've gotten leading to Brock being an even bigger heel.

That amazing triple threat match at the Royal Rumble took three to tango and Rollins/Cena are much better dancers.

Not exactly saying Lashley is that much better but Lesnar does the bare minimum because seeing him too often means he become irrelevant because overall he's not that special.

Lashley is a fighting champion; Lesnar is a mauling champion. From the bits and pieces I've seen of Lashley in TNA, he's probably not got the credit he's deserved - but there's no denying that TNA isn't particularly prosperous at the moment.

While we're on it, I find it exceptionally silly to argue a fight should have been stopped when the bloke on the receiving end goes on to win the fight (i.e. the Carwin/Lesnar fight). It's not like Jon Jones versus Matt Hamill (the fight in which Jones was basically on top of an unconscious body for much of the first round, asked the ref to stop the fight, and was then disqualified because of a bullshit rule about downward elbows).

The great shame from Lesnar's run, assuming he leaves after WrestleMania, is that we got no Daniel Bryan match but three Triple H matches and three and half John Cena matches.

But would it not essentially be wrestler versus wrestler, in which case Lesnar has the clear advantage? Lashley's greatest achievements in that field are medals in armed forces tournaments; Lesnar is a former NCAA Division I Champion. Lesnar's major weakness - and it was undoubtedly a major weakness - were expert strikers, which Bobby Lashley isn't (even if, hilariously, he made Bob Sapp tap to punches). Not to mention that Lesnar is actually the younger of the two, albeit marginally.

Even though Lesnar won that NCAA Championship (which was 15 years ago at this point, for the record), he's still not a technically sound wrestler, just uses his brute strength. And I think Lashley matches him in that area.

Watch Lesnar's pathetic fight with Overeem. Overeem has zero wrestling background yet still stuffed Lesnar's takedown attempts like they were nothing. And then there's Cain, who has a good wrestling background but never won a title or anything (in fact, he lost twice in college to Jack Swagger), and he dominated Lesnar in the wrestling department as well. And Couture was winning the wrestling in his fight with Lesnar, too.

Lesnar's amateur background is very overrated. It's been said in the plane ride from hell that Mr. Perfect Curt Hennig was getting the better of him. I think Lashley has an advantage in that area.

Shaq was never a technically sound basketball player, but would you deny him as an all time great? If you have size and an above average skill set, why not use them to your advantage? Lesnar revitalized a dead division in UFC on his name alone. The quality of fighters was raised simply because he was there.

Shaq was never a technically sound basketball player, but would you deny him as an all time great? If you have size and an above average skill set, why not use them to your advantage? Lesnar revitalized a dead division in UFC on his name alone. The quality of fighters was raised simply because he was there.

That's a fair and good point.

I'll never deny Lesnar's status as a draw.

Lesnar is a great worker. Fans react when he destroys people and that's really all that matters. Hardcore fans love watching him kill babyfaces and he scares the shit out of kids. I honestly have no idea how someone can think he's a shitty worker.

What the fuck is this? Did someone hack his account? Bobby Lashley has been fighting week in week out for TNA and fighting pro for Bellator at the same time, experts will tell you that's bullshit. Give him a good a drug test and Lashley probably wouldn't fight at all, though same can be said for Brock.

No matter what his wrestling is, Lashley obviously isn't training striking year round in the netherlands with top kickboxers, etc. Perhaps the heavyweight divisions are lazy in general, but if you want to be a top mixed martial artist, you don't get it by training wrestling and doing "wrestling shows" 2-3 times a month.

Lashley couldn't touch a UFC HW contender atm w/o luck and Brock left b/c he couldn't either. As far as competition goes, I'd have to think Cain and Overreem are much better then anything Lashley as seen, but Brock made Cain look way better then he is anyway. Conclusion, neither of these guys are Cain or Fedor, no matter how much size they have. If I had to pick, Lashley might win but that's only because Brock has proven to be an out and out bitch and not mentally strong enough to fight someone whose a challenge.

What the fuck is this? Did someone hack his account? Bobby Lashley has been fighting week in week out for TNA and fighting pro for Bellator at the same time, experts will tell you that's bullshit. Give him a good a drug test and Lashley probably wouldn't fight at all, though same can be said for Brock.

No matter what his wrestling is, Lashley obviously isn't training striking year round in the netherlands with top kickboxers, etc. Perhaps the heavyweight divisions are lazy in general, but if you want to be a top mixed martial artist, you don't get it by training wrestling and doing "wrestling shows" 2-3 times a month.

Lashley couldn't touch a UFC HW contender atm w/o luck and Brock left b/c he couldn't either. As far as competition goes, I'd have to think Cain and Overreem are much better then anything Lashley as seen, but Brock made Cain look way better then he is anyway. Conclusion, neither of these guys are Cain or Fedor, no matter how much size they have. If I had to pick, Lashley might win but that's only because Brock has proven to be an out and out bitch and not mentally strong enough to fight someone whose a challenge.

So basically you called me a loony at the beginning of this post, to only then essentially talk yourself into agreeing with my original point.

You are something else, man. :lmao:

Lol that went nowhere quick. Just a fun fact to throw out there, the WWE World Championship was only defended 6 times last year between January and Battleground (7 Months). Lesnar will be in his 4th title match in 7 Months come Wrestlemania.

If you look at it this way; TNA has a more impressive main event scene at the moment: olympic gold medalist in wrestling, a viable heavyweight mma-fighter who is currently top 20 in the heavyweight division.

WWE has a failed football player and an mma-fighter who looked like a complete disaster in his last couple of mma-fights. I don't think anyone knows for sure whether Brock can still fight. In his last mma-fight he collapsed after a few punches(nothing spectacular or special) in the stomach area.

The fact of the matter is Brock is money and Lashley is not.

The UFC wouldn't be what it is today without Brock Lesnar and Dana White will tell you the same.

With all his hard work, Lashley fights on free tv on the undercard for Bellator and wrestles for 400,000 viewers friday nights for TNA. On the other hand, Brock was a huge PPV draw for UFC and WWE isn't "wrestling" anymore so I don't apply any traditional rules to it because it's not what it use to be and doesn't want to be. I don't even consider it a kids wrestling show, it's just Vince putting stuff out there, half the time it's as if he purposefully wants fans not to like it. With that said, WWE still making money hand over fist and one of the actual good parts is Brock Lesnar, in a day when everybody fights everybody and people face each other 60 times in 3 months, Brock is unique.

I don't know if diverticulitis was the cause of Brock being weak his last two fights and if he's gotten any better, but Brock's level of opponents compared to Lashley makes me think he should win. And I hope Brock retires Roman Reigns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back