Lei'd Tapa is Back in TNA!

Jstrike

Pre-Show Stalwart
last night tna had a commercial saying lei'd tapa is comming to tna,
this is good news tna knockouts has been weak and her coming is good
tna needs to build her as they built up awesome kong. so what do you see lei'd tapa doing in the next couple of weeks?

They'll likely bring her in in that same mold of big, bad villain, but there's a reason no one is talking about her, and that's because she was largely—no pun intended—unimpressive in her Gut Check debut, and many folks rightfully felt she was unjustly awarded a contract over a much better performer in Ivelisse Vélez.

gail kim face turn? hope not as I kind of like her more as a heel, plus they already did that storyline with kong....

from the promo, it did look like she will be made to look like a monster, if so, it'll provide a good opportunity for one of the KO's to be the face and "rescue" the divison from her in the long run

Hopefully, Lei'd has the same ring talent and monster look that Awesome Kong used to have. If not, I just do not see her being successful.

In my opinion, not only does she have to be a monster like Awesome Kong but she has to be a heel too like Awesome Kong. The audience, at least the one that occupied the Impact Zone, hated Lei'd and TNA needs to use that to their advantage in order to get her over with the fans.

I really cringed when I saw that vignette for her because I still think that Ivelisse would have made a far better addition to the TNA roster than this girl would have. Ivelisse's style of wrestling is far more appealing to watch in my opinion...and it doesn't hurt that Ivelisse is more attractive :p

She'd need to have improved drastically because from her Gut Check she sucked. Ivelisse Vélez was awesome. She had an MMA background that TNA could've capitalized on, she was a good speaker and was hot. She would've fit right into the Knockout division

I don't want to pre judge but I feel Lei'd Tapa is going to fall flat. All she has going for her is her size, she was terrible on the mic and her wrestling abilty was meh.

Like I said I'll wait for her to debut and wait a few weeks, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm straight on Tapa myself. She will be the monster heel of the division, but she's a far cry from Awesome Kong. Makes me wonder when Ivelisse will join the main roster. Right now it looks like ODB is the other imposing female in TNA. They're still rather light in the talent pool.

I too hope she has improved from her Gut Check appearance as it was not very impressive. I think she needs to come in as a monster heel. I doubt she will have much impact in the beginning, but maybe this is a sign that they are going to bring more knockouts in to start improving the division.

yawn.
another big ugly female. isn't TNA already at their quota with ODB.

I hope she doesn't get booked strong right from the beginning. so far she hasn't even won a match, considering she lost her Gut Check match, to a female who was better in the ring and more attractive.

it's another body in the Knockouts division. but the timing IMO is terrible. your 3 weeks away from Bound For Glory, arguably the biggest PPV of the year. you still have matches to set. no way should TNA be debuting anyone until after BFG. what TNA should be doing is building ODB against Gail Kim. either after BFG or maybe at BFG you can have this female come in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back