MacBook Air

A.J.

SmackDown! is MY Show
Well as you all know that i be loving the phresh new technology and keep myself up with all the new shiit that be coming out, and so i like to let all of you peeps know also. What i got for you all today is the new stuff that Mac announced today at the MacWorld Expo. Last year it was the iPhone that was the main attraction and this year: That little thing down below called "MacBook Air". The thinnest ultraportal laptop in the world.

When i first heard about it and then saw it this morning, i was like....damn now i want a Mac....but then i looked at the Specs and what not and well i changed my mind. It looks fuckin cool and new, but they Mac should have thought about releasing it too soon, cuz there are some stuff that just dont cut it for me. The cons are: Light(3 lbs.), Portable(Less than 1 inch thick), Fuckin cool!, Multitouch mousepad(Does a lot of the same stuff the iPhone does with rotating pics and what not) and other few things.....the Cons in my opinion: No CD/DVD Drive?? wtf??? One USB port?? Mono Sound??? $1799???(Well thas not too bad though for a Mac), 80GB Hard Drive???

So yea, I'm going to wait for Mac to add all the stuff that is missing and then maybe consider buying a Mac. But for now, No thanks.

Other things that were announced at the Expo was the iPhone/iPod Touch upgrades, Now you can use the iPhone to find urself like a GPS, Move around the Icons on the Home Screen, and support for the iTunes Movie Rental. The only thing that i find ridiculous is that they released the Applications that the iPhones has(Mail, Maps, Weather, Stock, etc.) for the iPod Touch, but for $20??? I hacked my iPod and got the for free about 3-4 months ago!! What is the point of releasing them to buy if people can just hack their iPods and get them free? Stupid move Mac.....

And finally, mentioned above is the iTunes Movie Rentals, now people can rent movies from online by picking a movie, paying $2 and then you keep the movie for 24hrs and it deletes itself afterwards. Not only can you watch it on iTunes, but you can transfer it to your iPod and watch it on the go.....for 24hrs that is. Plus all the Production companies are letting Apple use their movies so they are gonna have a big ass collection. On another note, in Late February Apple is going to release the iPhone SDK which will allow developers to make applications for the iPhone and iPod Touch, so ppl wont have to hack their iPods to get the Programs they want.....only thing i'm hoping for is that Apple doesnt charge to let them sell their programs on iTunes.

Well that is all, if you wanna know more about all the new Apple stuff check out their website:

www.apple.com

[youtube]W7askBmF4_c[/youtube]

design_gal01_20080115.jpg

design_gal02_20080115.jpg

design_gal08_20080115.jpg

features_gal03_20080115.jpg

I love the designing and everything. The only problems (like you said) are the 80GB hard drive, no DVD/CD Drive, and the one USB port. The price is pretty high and with the Mac missing all those things I'm not sure if I want to chip out $2000.00. I'll wait until they add all the details, and then I'll consider buying it. All in all, this is a pretty sick piece of technoligy, but just needs some more work around it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back