Macho Man Randy Savage in TNA Pt. 3?

Savion83

Pre-Show Stalwart
When TNA wrestling started in 2002. One of there more familar faces from the WWF/E was the wrestling legend "The Macho Man" Randy Savage! With that saying, what if there was a way that Randy Savage could come back on a full-time basis in rivals Hulk Hogan's vision of TNA?

Now we all course know (I think) of the long history between both Hogan and Savage from there haydays in the WWF. One year there friends, and one year there enemies? And there's still a dislike between the two wrestling legends til this day. But since Hulk Hogan & Eric Bischoff are so anxious to make TNA WCW 2.0 could Bischoff somehow talk the idea to Hogan and Dixie Carter to bring Savage back to TNA? It could be very well possible!

The Macho Man Played a very important role in the original "Monday Night Wars". As a face or as a heel in the NWO. Savage has as gold as the belt he wore around his waist. And since then he has talked to Hulk since those days prior of the death of Miss Elizabeth. Bischoff knows the fan base behind Randy Savage that could follow him back into TNA. While The Macho Man still is in good shape to wrestle (unlike Scott Hall), could this be a good bet?

While he may be in good shape to wrestle the real question would be would he? If you look at Macho Man from his website smack talking Hogan, Triple H, Vince and him now after filming Bolt I think Mach has finally gave up on ever wrestling. I can't see him dying the hair black again, putting on a pair of Macho Man pants and going out there like he use to. I mean even in the WWE Macho Man DVD they said Macho Man in the 90's was having trouble moving in the ring as fast as he use to, and here we are 20 years later basically, I don't know if he can still drop an elbow from the top, and whether or not he is a Ric Flair who can still go, but not look like it or if he is like a Jake Roberts who looks like he should've hung it up a long time ago.

If Macho Man was really going to be in there I would make a Legends challenge where he comes out to Face Black machismo and loses quickly, Macho Man tells him he has something here, but you need to really capitalize on who I really am, take him in the back and really make something out of his storyline maybe the Machismo King Jay Lethal? I dunno but I don't think just like Hogan Savage should dawn tights ever again.

There was a time when I would have loved to see Savage return to one of the top two wrestling promotions. Even a few short years ago, it would have been exciting to see him in the ring again. But a lot of time has passed......time which Macho Man has seemingly wasted by holding grudges against some wrestler or some promoter.....and time in which he seemingly has refused to perform unless he was paid sums of money far beyond what he was worth as a wrestling senior citizen. And now, of course, the man is 57 years old.

But, hey! TNA has a place for old guys who can't move around the ring anymore (see: Hogan, Hall, Flair & Nash). So why not Randy Savage?

If he follows his usual course he'll only be there a short time before something offends him and makes him leave again.

gomez.jpg

I don't know about wrestling. I guess I would mark out for Savage a few times, but I think he would be better served in a storyline like this. Dixie Carter grows tired of Hogan/Bishoff reign. She hires Savages as co-GM of TNA. Then we could have a power struggle between Hogan/Savage.

I dont how you guys think Savage is still in wrestling shape, but, the last recent pic I saw of Savage, he looked like he had a gut that was bigger than Hall's! His beard is all white, he looks a little like Kris Kringle! (No dissing on Savage as he is one of my all-time favorites.
However, I do feel if he came back as a rival to Hogan and Bischoff, that would make for some interesting television and would force me to watch TNA more. And, if he got back on the treadmill and shed some table muscle, he could wrestle at least one more match. (I would buy a TNA PPV with Savage vs. Hogan as the main event) Granted, the match would be no Michaels vs.'Taker, or even Michaels vs. Flair, but, nonetheless, I would buy it!
I think this is a great opportunity for Dixie and Co. to try and pursue!!!!

I would really love to this this happen. Macho is one of my all time favs. And ust to hear that music n see him come out would be a complete mark out moment from me.

He was the best, key word tho is "was". I'm sure he hasent been training or even working out for that matter, but I think he would still be able to go.

Idk if bringing him in to tna would be wise or not I deff wouldn't want macho to come back on no "bret hart" type dealn and he HAS problems with hogan. Its black and grey sometimes and we don't know what will or whât would happen, but I know that tna would draw monster ratings even if for 1 night only. IMO they should let HIM decide if he would want t come back or not, instead of forcing it in our head. Just IMO

I think it would be great to see Savage back on TV. Just not in a wrestling sense- unless he can still drop the bow! I'd pay money to see him: climb the ropes, fix the tights, spin that finger around a few times and then- drop that bow on someone, just one more time!!

:worship: :worship: :worship:

I actually drank a beer with Savage, in Cancun Mexico back in 2000. Fat Tuesdays was the bar. Im not sure if he was just there for fun or "on business". I bought him a beer & chatted for just a couple minutes before he thanked me & left. Shitty part is- I was drunk & dont remember much of the conversation at all. But I do remember sitting with him for a quick few minutes. I of course also noticed that he talks 'macho man' style in real life too! Not as loud, but he has the grumble in his voice. He also coulda just been putting me on- I wouldnt have realized that at the time.

Do I think it will happen? No
Would I love it, if he did? Hell YES!!

the only way that i will love to see macho man on TNA is if he becomes the manager of Jay Lethal.Putting Macho man by lethals side will be awesome ,Specially that Lathel uses the same Gimmick as Macho Man.

Macho Vs Hogan wont be a good match.That was a good match 10 years ago,Not right now.WHY? Because Macho is old man he cant move at all no more,While hes was in WWF hes was always having problems with his body,And no if you put him in the ring Vs Hogan,Both of them wont last atleast 5 minutes in the ring.

Last I heard, Hogan was runnin' from Macho Man, avoidin' Randy Savage 'cuz he knew he'd get smoked.

In this climate of getting ratings at any cost, I suppose it could be possible. A Hogan/Savage final grudge match would be a draw for TNA. I just don't see it happening with all the bad blood between Hogan and Savage.

TNA doesn't need Randy Savage. The only thing I could see him doing is being an opponent in Jay Lethal's open invitational(if TNA is still even doing that), and then he would give Lethal "the rub", but then what would Savage do after that? Him having a confrontation with Hogan wouldn't really matter that much because that feud has been done for a LONG time. It's not like TNA fans are going to say,"Holy shit! Savage and Hogan are going at again! I can't believe it!". TNA needs to avoid stuff like this happening too often. They need to focus on new rivalries, and new stars. They don't need to focus on a rivalry that started back in the 80's.

As far as wrestling goes, I don't see how in the hell Savage could even do that. He's up there as far as age goes, and his body has to be pretty beat up at this point. I've also seen some recent pics of Savage, and he doesn't look that much better than Hall. Plus, you know fans are going to want see him drop the elbow from the top rope, and I find it hard to beleive he can do that now, and not risk a serious injury.

I don't know about wrestling. I guess I would mark out for Savage a few times, but I think he would be better served in a storyline like this. Dixie Carter grows tired of Hogan/Bishoff reign. She hires Savages as co-GM of TNA. Then we could have a power struggle between Hogan/Savage.

I would LOVE to see Macho Man in TNA.. if Ric Flair can Manage AJ then Macho can manage Jay Lethal!!! while co-GMing Impact!

That would rock!! :D

OHHH YEAH!!!!!! he is still gold on the mic I would assume :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back