Madden 10

simpsons_fanatic742

WZPC Intercontinental Champion
This thread is to talk about everything Madden 10. Whether it's your own franchise, your own superstar, or other online franchises beside the WrestleZone one (since that has it's own thread in the Bar Room), come talk about it and discuss it with other Madden players.

Currently, I have 2 superstar modes going. I have a Running Back one and I recently created an ROLB one.

I've gone through 3 seasons with my running back. I was drafted by the Bears and stayed there for 2 seasons. We never made the playoffs and had 2 terrible seasons. I had a good first year gaining just under 1000 total yards (rushing and receiving) and just under 10 touchdowns. I was very angry with the Bears because we just couldn't get anything going, so I left after 2 seasons. I had contract offers from 5 teams and decided to accept a 5 year deal from the New England Patriots. I just finished 1 season with them and again, another disappointing season and no playoffs. I did not have as good of a season this time, but I'm hoping for a more better one next season. Hopefully I can taste the playoffs this year. (Overall is now 84)

I just started my ROLB superstar and I was drafted by the Buffalo Bills. I haven't played any games yet, just got past the draft. I'm excited for this because I love playing as an OLB and hopefully I can continue my success at it. I'll keep you all updated. (Overall is 69)

Now, it's your turn guys. Discuss anything and everything Madden here and let's get some conversation going.

I have an offline franchise with my New York Jets, and won the Super Bowl my first season (because of shrewd signings/trades like Plaxico Burress, and a punter that doesn't suck, not to mention I played it on pro difficulty, instead of All-Pro). I am not 2 weeks into season 2, and have traded for Steve Breaston, because Plax is getting old (and because I don't want to have a moron who shot himself in the leg on my team any longer then necessary). Of course, Mark Sanchez is my QB, and went from a 76 overall year 1 to an 80 overall year 2.

I have 1 superstar mode (a scrambling QB), who started at 75 overall. He was drafted by the Kansas City Chiefs, and I was on that team for the first 2 weeks of the regular season. Unfortunately (sorry Chiefs fans) the Chiefs suck BIG-TIME, and I had to get my ass outta there ASAP, and demanded a trade before week 3. I got traded to he Texans (who have a good offense), and won my first game there. That being said, I do not plan to do a lot of the superstar mode, because I find it to be extremely bare-bones this year. They took out all the off-the-field aspects of the game (such as workouts and interviews and stuff), and now all you do is just play the game and have 1 practice a week. It almost feels like they were gonna scrap it all-together, and decided last minute to put it back in, and just put the bare minimum, which kills the fun for me.

By the way, I have heard so many people (in other places) complain about the accelerated clock. Am I the only one who LOVES the accelerated clock? It makes the game exponentially more realistic.

That being said, I do not plan to do a lot of the superstar mode, because I find it to be extremely bare-bones this year. They took out all the off-the-field aspects of the game (such as workouts and interviews and stuff), and now all you do is just play the game and have 1 practice a week. It almost feels like they were gonna scrap it all-together, and decided last minute to put it back in, and just put the bare minimum, which kills the fun for me.

THIS. I absolutely agree with this 100%. I was very disappointed about this years Superstar Mode. There's no more emails, no more interviews, movie deals, in-game progression, or tracking of your player. Basically you can follow your stats, but as for awards and such, you won't know unless you go out of your way to find it. There's no interaction at all this year and it's a real letdown. I don't really know why they decided to scrap so much from it since it's a very fun mode to play. I still play it because I love playing as one specific player, but after that there is nothing to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back