Madden 2009

Frank the Frowner

Getting Noticed By Management
It's coming out next week, and the first thing I plan on doing is finding a custom cover of just about anyone online that someone made and putting that as my cover. I refuse to stare at Brett Favre on the cover of my game for the next year. I'd rather have a Peyton Manning cover. That's how much disdain I have for Favre.

But I digress. Madden this year is actually more than a $60 roster update. And the 20th Anniversary edition, which I might get, includes Madden 09, NFL Head Coach 09, and Madden 93, all for $90. Considering that Madden 09 alone is $60, it's worth it for the extra games. I'm not going to list all the improvements here, you can read up on them at the Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madden_2009

The Madden IQ sounds like a neat feature. There are people who feel that pro is too easy, but all-pro is too hard. Now the game's difficulty will adjust to how well you play the game, in all facets. I'm also glad that the AI is improved, making it harder for guys like Ahman Green to rush for over 2,000 yards in a season. Every time I did a franchise in Madden, Ahman Green was pretty much always the MVP for some odd reason. The soundtrack does look like it sucks again though (and it includes a few WWE PPV songs), but you can always just upload your own music to listen to.

It has gotten good reviews so far, and although I won't be at the midnight launch with all the cretins, I'll be there the next day to pick it up. Who else is getting it, and on what system? I'll be getting it on PS3, and my gamertag is RedSox3458.

just picked it up the other day and so far after playing only one game in franchise mode i like it.

the Madden IQ is great. and i agree Pro is way way too easy. All-Pro is fine. All Madden is hard for me so the IQ sets it to my own personal level which is awesome.

i got it on PS3 and my gamertag is buddy_z34.

It's coming out next week, and the first thing I plan on doing is finding a custom cover of just about anyone online that someone made and putting that as my cover. I refuse to stare at Brett Favre on the cover of my game for the next year. I'd rather have a Peyton Manning cover. That's how much disdain I have for Favre.

My Wife actually picked up my copy. I couldn't make it out because of some personal issues I'm having, but she was given a Brett Favre "replacement" cover.. it's a photoshopped version of Favre in a Jets jersey. I laughed so hard when I seen it.

If I could replace the cover, I'd consider doing it with someone from Carolina, but to be honest I believe in the stupidity of the curse and would also feel as if I'd jinx my own team.. so because of that, Favre fits the bill. :lmao:

But I digress. Madden this year is actually more than a $60 roster update. And the 20th Anniversary edition, which I might get, includes Madden 09, NFL Head Coach 09, and Madden 93, all for $90. Considering that Madden 09 alone is $60, it's worth it for the extra games. I'm not going to list all the improvements here, you can read up on them at the Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madden_2009

I downright WISH I would've known of the greatness that is this bundle deal. I could care less of Madden 1993. :lmao: I couldn't imagine sitting through those graphics again.. but I am geared up (believe it or not) to buy Head Coach.

I was a fan (in the minority I believe) of the original. I liked the concept of planning everything, and even developing your own plays and defensive skemes. (sp?) I think the xbox 360 version could have great ability to be even better, so here's to hoping.

The only depressive thing I hated was I could never get the draft to go like the original. In the original game, I couldn't draft DeAngelo Williams, because he kept getting taken too early. I disliked that so much.

The Madden IQ sounds like a neat feature. There are people who feel that pro is too easy, but all-pro is too hard. Now the game's difficulty will adjust to how well you play the game, in all facets.

I'm torn on the Madden IQ. Anyone could cheat at it and it actually takes a bit for the computer to read and react to adding more difficulty.

I got a crap score of like 580 (80 something) and I was crap with defensive coverage, so when my first game came up.. since I can play better "D" once a game starts.. I dominated it and thought it was crap instantly.

On the flip side, somehow All-Pro (to me) has gotten just right. I used to run up outrageously stupid scores like 63-3.. my games have went as follows.

Pre-Season (with me following actual realism and removing starters after a couple series/quarters)

Game One: vs. Giants (because they fucked up and didn't put the Colts, highly disappointed to be honest) The final score was 13-10. (I had a final drive, and game winning FG as time expired.)

Game Two: at Eagles 14-10 (I was losing, and Matt Moore let the second/third stringers down field with 1 minute and won us the game)

Game Three: vs. Redskins (Rain is amazing on uniforms, Skins began in white, finished in MUD!) Final score was 16-13 (IN OT!! I missed the game winning kick as time expired, we go to OT, I march the field and win it)

Game Four: at Steelers (rain again) This was the most one sided game. Final score was 24-3. My back-ups played most the game, but I discovered if you run 4 WRs and have a RB, you can pick up HUGE rushing yds.

Reg. Season:

Wk 1: at Chargers: Final score was 12-0. My rushing game was on fire, and I picked up a safety after my punter got lucky with downing it at the 1.

So I must admit. I'm LOVING the realistic scores. (well, realistic in closeness.. not in Carolina being undefeated. :lmao:)

I'm also glad that the AI is improved, making it harder for guys like Ahman Green to rush for over 2,000 yards in a season. Every time I did a franchise in Madden, Ahman Green was pretty much always the MVP for some odd reason.

The AI for me is very difficult with passing for some strange reason. I used to tear it up through the air, now even with a better WR core.. it's hard to not throw any incomplete's or INTs.

I still hate the fact that when you sim the REST of the week with the cpu v. cpu you get guys like Rex Grossman going 20-28 for 5 TDs and over 400 passing yds. And RBs in every game topping 100-200 yds easy.

The soundtrack does look like it sucks again though (and it includes a few WWE PPV songs), but you can always just upload your own music to listen to.

Rev Theory - "Hell Yeah"

Disturbed - ???

All American Rejects (some "demo")

And Shinedown's "Devour"

those four are on repeat over and over. I can't get enough.

I haven't tried uploading music to play over, but is that possible? I didn't even think to see.

It has gotten good reviews so far, and although I won't be at the midnight launch with all the cretins, I'll be there the next day to pick it up. Who else is getting it, and on what system? I'll be getting it on PS3, and my gamertag is RedSox3458.

Laying in bed playing this game is the best cure to a shitty time, ever.

I have it for xbox 360 though. Somehow, it might just be me.. but the graphics actually look "rougher" or "dirtier" somehow.

I'm loving Collinsworth & that other guy calling the game. The Backtrack thing is awesome, but gets annoying fast. I HATE the "rewind" shit, but it's helped me unlock over half my achievements. :lmao:

I'm tossed for now on the "Madden skill" thingy, but I love All-Pro, so I'm good either way.

Only thing I'm pissed about.. Online "Franchise" mode = A HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT!

Game Three: vs. Redskins (Rain is amazing on uniforms, Skins began in white, finished in MUD!) Final score was 16-13 (IN OT!! I missed the game winning kick as time expired, we go to OT, I march the field and win it)

That makes me smile. My team gave you the hardest time so far. XD Yeah, love um or hate um I've been a skins fan since birth. Good times and bad.

Anyway, all I've played so far is the Demo (my xbox JUST got the 3 rings of doom and I haven't even bought the game yet. D=) and all I can say is it was HONESTLY the most challenging madden, hell sports game, I've played AND actually enjoyed it. The Madden Moment playing as the Giants vs. the Patriots with a minute on the clock, Jesus Lord knows how many interceptions I threw, but it was one of those Fun aggrivators.

Like Will said about Madden IQ, I love the concept and actually what seems to be most of the execution, but running Defense on that game is always hard unless you're warmed up or just good. I'm horrible at running routes with people, or just doing defense in general. I always end up blitzin' the QB while setting my line up in different positions on my own guestimations. I mean, I can guess what they're going to do but I'm horrible at running with it.

Well so far I have played in all-pro mode and I am 9-0 throughout the first 9 games of the season. Almost all of my games have been close. I am ranked 2nd in total offense, 2nd in passing offense, 6th in run offense and 1st in run defense. Amazingly, I am 32nd in pass defense and yet I have managed to go undefeated thus far. I am playing as the San Francisaco 49ers too. there have been games where I should have lost but came back. Week 3 I was down 31-17 to the Lions and came back to win 34-31 (my pass defense caused me to be down by that much). I shut out the Saints and then when playing the Patriots, Tom Brady got injuried in the first quarter so I was able to beat the Pats 13-6 :lmao: Had he been playing, I surely would have lost because I could barely score for crap against them. I beat the Eagles by 2 TD's and then I went to New York and beat the Giants and took down Eli Manning. I play the Cards at Arizona next and hope that they can give me competition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back