Madden 11

marylandman301

Dark Match Jobber
You would think madden would be good this year, but. its epic fail for me:
Not a lot of emphasis on defense. TO MUCH offense, and just a plain to unrealistic gameflow. Were talking arena football gameflow...ugghhhh...
The locomotion is decent and gameplay as a whole is not to bright.
half broken AI, and no improvement in franchise mode. same o same o.
I think the sports gaming industry is going towards the mainstream or casual fans now. Its obvious. this years football titles..backbreaker and ncaa, and madden are downgrades from years past.

now i havent played the full game but ive played the demo and let me say i agree it basicually fells like arena football but there is not really much to look forward to in sports games that dnt involve fighting i mean you cant put new teams really just same old same old .If you,ve played 1 madden you,ve played them all

I haven't bought the game yet, but I did play the demo and gotta say I loved it!
It is mostly based on offense and the new features like locomotion help mostly the offense, but I was still able to play solid defense. I really like the new gameflow system where you pick your playbook and they call the plays for you depending on situation and how often you want it called. It helps the game go much faster and gives it a real flow to the game I think (no pun intended). I never had a problem calling plays, but it's cool to see things that would happen in a real game situation.
As for defense, I don't use gameflow as much because I like to do my own thing on defense and I find it works as good as it did in previous games. I also find that pass coverage is a bit easier than past versions which is a welcome addition.

I'm definitely looking forward to getting this game in the near future.

I have to say I agree with you about Madden this year. Throughout the numerous years I have played the controls have changed numerous times, and the most recent set up before this was perfect and yet this year they go and change the controls and make the gameplay a bit more difficult on us again. I've found it this game to be more offense driven with little focus on the defensive end of the game. I would like to see Madden next year come back around and give both ends of the game strength and to possibly revert to the older and easier controls from last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back