Madison Rayne: The Beautiful People's Fall Girl

mister_b1LL

Representing Seattle's Finest
In many of the Beautiful People's matches (and for that matter all throughout her TNA career), Madison Rayne has been the one taking the fall. Take the TBP vs. Kong/Hamada match. Madison took a badass Awesome Bomb from Kong and was pinned. I've been searching all thoughout YouTube trying to find a match where someone other than Madison Rayne takes the fall.

I don't really understand why this is the case. I've seen her older matches and Madison is a really capable person in the ring. I'm not really liking that the more capable Knockout of the Beautiful People is the one taking the fall.

One of my questions is, "Why is Madison Rayne regularly taking the fall for the Beautiful People?"

I can only think of one reason why Madison is the fall girl. In my opinion, TNA believes that because of the insane popularity of Velvet Sky, nobody wants to see her take the fall. I really want to see Velvet take the fall more than anybody because Velvet is the leader of TBP and it would be nice to see her get hers instead of her lackeys. I also really want to see Lacey Von Erich get dominated in a match with someone like Awesome Kong as punishment for terrible wrestling skills.

It could also be possible that Madison Rayne is like Shawn Michaels. She just chooses to be the one to take the fall for TBP like HBK does for DX. The only difference is that when somebody pins Shawn Michaels they get credibility, but when somebody pins Madison, it's not the case.

I may be overreacting, but do you think Madison Rayne should be the one continually taking the fall for The Beautiful People? Or is it time for somebody else to take a loss?

I think you might be overreacting just a little bit. If you remember a little while ago, this same thing was being done to Velvet when Angelina was feuding with Tara. She had Poision crawl over her, and received the Widow's Peak. Now of course this kind of blew over pretty quickly, mainly because of the whole BFF thing between Angelina and Velvet, but still, it was along the lines of what's happening to Madison now.

No. I don't think Madison should always take the fall for the BFP. I think that position should be filled by Lacey. She's horrible in the ring, and if you ask me, she really isn't all that hot. She sort of has this goofy look to her. It's weird. Anyway, Lacey probably won't fill this position because for some reason, TNA is seems to see something in her.

When Madison first joined the Beautiful People, the characters stated they didn't need a third member. At times it even appeared this was not just the belief of the characters, but the actual wrestlers. But when the problems came up with Angelina's work visa, weren't we all glad to have her on the team? Besides, I like her a lot more as Madison Rayne than as Sexy Lexi from Pro Wrestling Ohio.

I think you might be overreacting just a little bit. If you remember a little while ago, this same thing was being done to Velvet when Angelina was feuding with Tara. She had Poision crawl over her, and received the Widow's Peak. Now of course this kind of blew over pretty quickly, mainly because of the whole BFF thing between Angelina and Velvet, but still, it was along the lines of what's happening to Madison now.

No. I don't think Madison should always take the fall for the BFP. I think that position should be filled by Lacey. She's horrible in the ring, and if you ask me, she really isn't all that hot. She sort of has this goofy look to her. It's weird. Anyway, Lacey probably won't fill this position because for some reason, TNA is seems to see something in her.

It is along the lines of what's happening to Madison now. After looking at your post it could be possible that in tag team matches what they don't want is to have the leader take the fall because it could possibly make them look weak as the leader.

And I don't believe that TNA sees something in Lacey. They've hit a dead end with LVE and all they can use her for is a valet. If they put her back in in-ring action TNA fans will make sure they know how they feel about her in the ring (case in point, the "LACEY VON BOTCH" sign a couple months back). Unless she actually trains, Lacey probably won't see the inside of a ring for a while, thus Madison continues to be the fall girl.

For one thing, I don't think Lacey is a full time wrestler yet. So out of the two of the BP, Madison is the one paying her dues. I have to admit that it would be nice to see someone else pinned after all.

It may be a long-shot here, but I'm still hoping that Angelina comes back to the BP.

BTW, how'd you put the pic in your thread? Been trying for weeks and they never come out.

I think you are reading too much into it. I think if anything she'd be the one taking the fall because she of the fact that she is a lackey. And the only reason she is a lackey is due to her coming in to the BP after that little feud that they had. As HHH_King said, if you remember back, Velvet always took the fall and had Poison all over her when Tara and Angelina feuded. It's jut the way the wrestling business works, the lackey always takes the fall.

I think there is a point to Velvet not taking the fall because she is the current leader of TBP. However, it might be because Madison is better in the ring than Velvet and is better at taking bumps.

LVE shouldn't even be in the ring right now to take the fall.

im sorry but now that lacey is in TBP she deserves to take the falls not madison even though i dont like madison she do have some skills not like velvet or lacey von bitch i didnt like TBP with love as there leader now i hate TBP with velvet as there leader now i wish angelina takes over the leader spot again but no cause me and my wife love watching agelina beating the hell out of velvet madison and von bitch but any ways madison diserves more then taking the falls mayb she will break up with TBP and created a new stable with love tara and her madison all equal=

Its exactly as someone else said. Rayne is the only good wrestler out of the 3. I think we all know that Lacey is terrible in the ring thus you dont see her in many matchs. Velvet is a bit better but not much and still has alot of work to do. Only people who could wrestle are Angelina and Rayne. Then when Angelina couldnt stay they had Rayne do most the in ring work. If you look at old Velvet/Love tag matchs you will see Love is in the ring most of the time. Thus why she became the knockouts champ. Love has really good mat skills and so does rayne. This also means they can take bumps and make it look good and depending on the situation take the really big bumps and make it look worse(Kongs awesome bomb).

She can wrestle, Lacey can barely stand, let alone wrestle and Velvet for being a wrestler as long as she has is pretty bad too.

Rayne can actually put on a decent match, work well with others, and makes the match watchable. Plus she's a perfect jobber. She's pretty but not Velvet pretty, she's good in the ring, but not as good as Angelina, and she doesn't have the last name like Lacey.

Madison will never be anything more than the fall girl(that 2 week face turn, showed why)but she should be happy to know that once Angelina Love left the Beautiful People, she became the best wrestler of the group, and she should be happy that her ring skills are decent.

She can wrestle, Lacey can barely stand, let alone wrestle and Velvet for being a wrestler as long as she has is pretty bad too.

Velvet Sky is not that bad in the ring.

She's not great but she is not bad. If anything TNA limits her on what she can do. She use to do Hurricanranas on a regular basis and had more of a moveset now they won't even let her do that anymore.

As for Madison Rayne she is a good talent and I agree that she shouldn't be the one to take the fall all of the time, but it's been explained why she does.

Rayne can actually put on a decent match, work well with others, and makes the match watchable. Plus she's a perfect jobber. She's pretty but not Velvet pretty, she's good in the ring, but not as good as Angelina, and she doesn't have the last name like Lacey.

Madison will never be anything more than the fall girl(that 2 week face turn, showed why)but she should be happy to know that once Angelina Love left the Beautiful People, she became the best wrestler of the group, and she should be happy that her ring skills are decent.

Angelina leaving was probably the best thing to happen to Madison. She was forced to step it up, both in the ring and in promos and has greatly improved since she first debuted with the company.

well like you said she's a good wrestler right?? she might be taking the finish because shes better than velvet and lacy. could be more of a compliment than a dis.

Velvet Sky is not that bad in the ring.

She's not great but she is not bad. If anything TNA limits her on what she can do. She used to do Hurricanranas on a regular basis and had more of a moveset now they won't even let her do that anymore.

As for Madison Rayne she is a good talent and I agree that she shouldn't be the one to take the fall all of the time, but it's been explained why she does.

True. Velvet isn't a Maria or Bella Twin, that's for sure. But she's on the lower rank of the knockouts. And why bother jobbing out Velvet when she has the better character and has more fan support.

Madison will always be a second rate Angelina/Velvet(even though she's actually pretty good). If it wasnt for Angelina leaving in the first place, who know's if Madison would still be around. She's solid in the ring, pretty, possibly good on the mic, but it's obvious she'll never(in TNA's eyes)be as a comodity as Angelina/Velvet so it makes sence she's the jobber. They could have given the role to Lacey, but then she'd probably injury herself or someone else, so Madison is the better fit.

I agree with what some others have said. Madison takes the fall a lot because she is a lackey. Same reason why Velvet was made to look weaker in the matches than Angelina. The leader of a group gets better booking. Lacey should be taking the falls, but she needs more in-ring training and until then should just be a manager for the BP stable. Madison is talented enough that she is not hurt too much by taking falls more often than Velvet, so I wouldn't be too worried. I'm not against Madison taking the falls because she is better at making other knockouts look better with their victories than Velvet is, and that is another reason why it's not Velvet taking the falls.

First of all, get off of Lacey's case. Incase you didn't read WrestleZone when she first came in, she's still rather green and it's not her fault that TNA signed her instead of someone more experienced. All she's doing, is what she was trained to do. And to be honest, she's a very capable person. Even Trish Stratus wasn't the best in the beginning of her career. In fact, Trish sucked throughout her whole career and was riding Lita's coat tails, but that's a different topic.

Now, back to the original topic.

I couldn't agree more with the original post. I find it completely horrible that Madison is taking the heat all the time, especially when she's clearly the hottest one of the group and the best one when it comes to ring experience. However, I don't think she'll be that way for long as I see her getting into a decent program with Angelina and being the main one to step up to her.

As it has been stated already Velvet was the fall girl of the BP for a very long time when it was just her and Angelina. In fact like Madison Rayne she still doesn't have any singles victories (I think she beat Taylor Wilde at a house show in Germany last year though). The only major victory Velvet has ever had in TNA was winning a battle royal for the KO title shot and we all know how that went.:rolleyes:

As a singles wrestler Velvet has sadly already been jobbed out.

If anyone remembers that beat down that Velvet took from Awesome Kong last year. Velvet didn't half ass it she and took it like a champ.

So I do not understand why people say that Velvet Sky can't bump or sell well.

Basically the point I'm trying to make is that Velvet Sky is more talented then people want to give her credit for and I just hate how TNA seems to go out of their way to make her look so weak on a weekly basis.

Madison has really grown on me since filling in for Love. I've never even really noticed until now that she is always the one pinned. I concur with the notion that it is because Velvet is now the leader that Madison takes the fall (& she does it very well). Madison looks stronger in-ring & promo-wise than before Love left.
Lacey should not be as green as she is in-ring. WWE had her in developmental & now she's working with TNA. I just don't think she's that passionate about wrestling. She probably knows that she can skate by on her last name, to a degree. Even when she simply is trying to hit an opponent with the "ugly stick" it comes off poorly. And her new flip entrance into the ring also looked weak (and the commentators said she'd "been practicing for weeks". LOL) I'm hoping that Love is eventually restored into the BP & Lacey is completely phased out of TNA.

It has to be Madison. Velvet is way too popular to sustain all the losses, and as so many others have not-so-eloquently put, Lacey is awful, and shouldn't be in the ring as it is.

Madison is, fundamentally, the best of the three, so she should be in the ring taking the big finish. Velvet isn't bad, but as stated earlier, she is the "leader", and taking the fall would only lead to breaking up the stable after a while.

Well what was Buddy Roberts for the FreeBirds?

This is a non-issue. She does the jobs because she is not the leader like Velvet and can actually work unlike Lacey. The fact that she can work, means the person winning will actually get over, unlike if they work with Lacey.

Well, she just got her first pin in forever it seems! I really like her work. She may not be as charismatic as Velvet and Angelina and may not be as good in the ring as Angelina but I respect the girl through and through. She IS skilled and talented and makes the most of what she's given. Right now, I enjoy watching her a bit more than I enjoy watching Velvet (no matter how great she may look bending over). And quite frankly, Lacey is a non issue the same way a hot girl is a non issue if she can't "make the most of what little she has" (and I'm not gonna go into details right now). ;) I respect that they're willing to reward Madison with a pin or two over decorated wrestler. Kudos to her for being a talented, good-looking woman. (Yes! if you can get the job done outside of looking good then kudos to you!).

I feel bad for Madison. Anyone who watches Shimmer sees how good she actually is. I wish they would make her a more prominent figure in TNA's women's division. She's got it all. She's a good wrestler (above all), she's decent on the mic and she's smokin' hot!

Unfortunately for her, she has to take all of the falls. Lacey is too shit to do anything except stand and walk and Velvet is the leader of the group, so it falls on Madison. When Angelina was the leader, Velvet used to take the falls with Madison, but Lacey probably couldn't sell guns to Americans, and she would just make it look abysmal unfortunately. I'm not really sure why she's even employed, there must be an attractive woman out there who isn't totally shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back