Is Madison Rayne on the Same Level as AJ Lee?

Borck Lesnar

Dark Match Winner
In my opinion madison rayne is one of the best women wrestlers of all time, she gets a lot of credit for her knockout championships run, She was the most exciting knockout in tna history, which leads me to saying not my personal opinion but A Major Party of the iwc believes that aj lee is the most exciting wwe diva in the wwe. so Is Madison rayne on Aj lee's level?

I think madison is a better wrestler than aj, and a better actor! some of aj lee's acting job's aren't even decent. So i know ill get alot of hate because i put down ya'll's aj lee. but i think madison is way better than Aj Lee?

Disagree. I do not even remember the last time Madison was even on television. It's been over a year where she has not done anything of note and has become irrelevant in wrestling.

AJ Lee is a star and a household name. She is the biggest women's star in the business. I think AJ Lee is a good wrestler and more athletic than Madison and I have seen better AJ matches than Rayne.

In short, no. Madison Rayne is not at the same level as AJ Lee.

Madison Rayne came a long way from her initial role, which amounted to basically being the third wheel on the bicycle that was The Beautiful People. She developed her own persona and did a good job, overall, with it and became a top female star in TNA. She also wasn't bad inside the ring and I thought she was a lot better than either Angelina Love or Velvet Sky in that respect.

As to how she stacks up against AJ Lee, I think she gives her a good run for her money in some areas:

Sex Appeal: Even - Sex appeal is and really has been a significant factor in the success major female wrestlers in WWE or TNA. I put both women on a pretty even kilter in this respect. Madison Rayne has the more "typical" sort of look and persona about her we've come to expect with the bikini model/beach babe thing going on. AJ Lee can easily pull off that cute, sexy innocence stuff like the "naughty schoolgirl" and all that. It all comes down to personal taste when it comes to sex appeal, but I certainly wouldn't kick either one outta bed.

In-Ring Ability: AJ - When it comes down to watching who I think puts on a better match, I went with AJ. She's the more athletic of the two and I simply find her faster, more intense style more entertaining than Madison's more methodical pace. AJ is among the more physical Divas in WWE in that she seems to frequently take some pretty big bumps and sells them well. Neither Madison or AJ is "the best" inside the ring, however.

Mic Work: Even - All in all, both women can talk on the mic well. Sometimes the both of them have demonstrated a tendency to overact. Personally though, I'd rather someone overact than not put enough into it. They both are able to be serious and quirky with a surprising amount of ease.

Charisma: AJ - I had to go with AJ Lee on this one because she's one of the few women I've seen in WWE or TNA in a VERY long time who can get a consistently strong response from fans. AJ's shown an ability to adapt well into just about any sort of role she's put in. She did a great job as Daniel Bryan's cute, sweet natured, innocent girlfriend. People bought into her in that role and she helped put heat on Bryan as the fans responded to him using someone so sweet & innocent. When she morphed into the "crazy chick", she quickly became the most talked about woman in wrestling and spent the next year steadily developing her presence. Now, she's generally a more serious heel who uses the whole innocent cuteness coupled with a mean streak to generate heat interest.

Relevance: AJ - AJ Lee gets this simply because she's in WWE. That's really all she needs. When it comes to ultimately making noise & generating buzz, AJ's done more in the past year or so than Madison has through her entire career. I'm not saying that as a means of taking a shot at Madison or anything like that, it's simply the truth. AJ has helped to generate at least some level of interest in the Divas for the first time in many, many years. That's not to say that it's ALL her because it isn't. No matter who you are, you can't do shit if the powers that be don't give you opportunities to.

In the ring I would say Madison Rayne is equal with Angelina Love who are both above Velvet Sky.

AJ Lee is talented but I credit much of her popularity with being associated with Daniel Bryan & CM Punk who were two of the most popular wrestlers in WWE, as of 2012.

I think in terms of physical appearance AJ wins over Madison but Madison is very attractive. Like Jack-Hammer said that comes down to personal taste.

In ring work I feel like they're about the same but I haven't seen a whole lot of Madison's matches. I'm just going based off what I've seen.

I feel like AJ is better on the mic but again I haven't seen Madison get a whole lot of mic time.

Relevance goes to AJ definitely. Madison didn't get as long to be the top knockout as AJ has as a diva so I don't feel like she was able to make a strong connection with the crowd.

Overall I don't think Madison is at the same level as AJ is but there really isn't a female worker in WWE or TNA that is. That's not to say anything negative about Madison. I certainly would welcome her back to TNA if she decided to go back or WWE if she were ever to get signed there.

No they aren't on the same level. Madison Rayne is technically an MILF, and AJ Lee isn't. Ha Ha Ha Ha...
But jokes apart, I will have to go with AJ Lee on this one. I haven't seen much of Madison's work this year, I admit, but from what I recall, she didn't have anything special that would make her the top female wrestler of TNA. Mickie James, Gail Kim, Sarita etc. can wrestle better, Velvet Sky, Tessmacher, Tarrell etc. look hotter (at least to me), and ODB's unique personality makes her entertaining. Madison is someone that always seemed to me like the weak link, even in Beautiful People.
AJ Lee, on the other hand, is a very good wrestler, she is known as someone who struggled and climbed up the ladder (stories of her training in wrestling in places where all the other students were males, photo of her crying as a fan in front row etc.), she has a non-generic diva look, and can also talk well on the mic.
I do not intend on taking any credit away from Madison, she too has passion, she too can wrestle good, but comparing her with AJ Lee is unfair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back