Aj lee "The Best in the World"

Jstrike

Pre-Show Stalwart
This topic is for aj lee,
this is for all aj lee fan's or none aj lee fan's.
it seems like aj lee is considered to be the best diva in the world, she's got ring skill's like no other diva out there, she got's mic skill's and she is up for pushing,
aj is a 1 time diva's champion, she has been with Daniel Bryan, Cm punk, Kane, John Cena, and then Dolph ziggler "Kayfabe" she is also been a raw general manager, she was in nxt with girl's like kaitlyn, aksana, and naomi.
so here's the big question is aj lee the best diva in the world?
natayla seem's to be the iwc's wildcard, she's talented misunder used and we eat that up! naomi in my opinion is a great wrestler so talented!
aksana and kaitlyn are also very talented and good talker's as well.
so is aj lee the best diva in the world? or is she just a diva who has gotten a break, and is close to being the best but not really the best?

It's pretty clear that the Diva's division is really pretty terrible, so it doesn't take much to be the "best" diva. Obvious AJ has the most talent on the main roster. I think I'm one of the few that really enjoyed her program with Kaitlyn. I think Kaitlyn and Natalya are just a step below AJ.

That said, I was kind of impressed w/ Tamina Snuka last night against Brie Bella.

I do know that I'm not the only one anxious for Paige to be called up to the main roster. I think she is going be a superstar

There's like 6 divas in WWE.. It's not a huge accomplishment to be the best diva in the world, the divas roster sucks. She' definitely the best diva in WWE. If you're talking about the best female wrestler in the world, that would be no.

There's like 6 divas in WWE.. It's not a huge accomplishment to be the best diva in the world, the divas roster sucks. She' definitely the best diva in WWE. If you're talking about the best female wrestler in the world, that would be no.

there's way more than 6...
naomi
cameron
aj lee
layla
alicia fox
kaitlyn
aksana
tamina
brie
nikki
natayla
eva marie
jojo
summer rae, rosa mendes
nxt has even more
so i don't know why you said 6.

it's a divison and if your the best of the division that's a major deal. and the diva's aren't as bad as people say they are.
for example if usos or prime time player'z are best in the tag team division thats a big deal, so why wouldn't the diva division be?

On a side note, I hate how the IWC immediately jumps to "She's the best because everyone else sucks." Naomi can legit give AJ a run for her money as the best in-ring diva. Layla, Tamina, Alicia and Natalya are all good wrestlers in their own rights as well. Plus there's Emma and Page and the rest of NXT's standout divas. What I will say though is that AJ is the best female mic worker I've EVER seen in the WWE (and yes, I'm including Trish and Lita). That pipe bombshell promo literally stopped me from taking a bathroom break for the divas for about a whole month afterwards, just to see if something that badass happens again.

As far as women go, AJ is definitely the best in the world right now. I would have loved to see her face off with some of the Attitude Era or Ruthless Aggression Era's females like Trish, Lita, Jacqueline, Jazz or Gail Kim.

Best on the current roster? Maybe. I think if Nattie was better utilized she might be considered the best but AJ is definitely my favorite.

Best in the world? She's not the best in the ring when it comes to women's wrestlers. You can look to places like SHIMMER and countries like Japan and Mexico and find better in ring workers. I don't really pay enough attention to them to know about their mic skills and in the case of Japan and Mexico I don't know what they're saying anyway.

With all that being said I couldn't tell you who the best women's wrestler in the world is. I have my favorites with AJ being second to Sarita/Sarah Stock but that doesn't mean they are the best. Just my personal favorites.

WTF are people watching? The Divas division is in the best shape its ever been in! I've been going over some of Aksana's stuff and she has to be my new favorite. She does a better spinebuster than Triple H or the Rock in my opinion.

Not a big AJ fan though. I just don't see what the appeal is. I don't really like Paige either. She's pretty good in the ring but it bugs me that the commentators have to remind me that everyone likes her whenever she shows up on NXT. FFS let me have my own damn opinion and stop trying to brainwash me.

Short answer: no.

Within the WWE, there's a fair amount of women talent that just aren't given enough time/spotlight to showcase how good they really are. With Naomi, Natalya, Kaitlyn, and Tamina on the main roster; and Paige, Emma, and the soon to be returning Shaul Guerrero, AJ's got some fair competition that could potentially steal the crown of being the most important diva on the roster.

Outside of the WWE, AJ's far from being the best women's wrestler. With the likes of Kana, Ayako Hamada, Ayumi Kurihara, Mercedes Martinez, and LuFisto working the independents and joshi scene; AJ just wouldn't be top tier.

AJ Lee's simply a fan favorite due WWE's good-to-decent handling of her and her character. And there's nothing wrong with that. She's good on the mic, moves well enough in the ring, and gets the desired crowd pop. But she's not the best diva/woman wrestler in the world. This is all personal opinion, of course.

I am a huge fan of AJ, but this is like comparing a Rolex watch to one that you get out of a gumball machine. The divas are improving yes, but come on. If they used Nattie right she would be miles ahead of AJ. Then you have Gail Kim, Mickie James, and Tara. AJ is definitely one of the better divas to stand out over the last few year, but lets not get carried away.

I've enjoyed AJ since she was paired with Daniel Bryan. She did a great job of coming off as the sympathetic, innocent doormat of a girlfriend. Not only was she able to pull the role off but the mannerisms she had fit in perfectly. To top it off, she's this cute little thing skipping around and likes comic books and Hello Kitty and all that. She generated a ton of sympathy, thereby helping to put heat on Bryan. Her "crazy chick" persona showed just how charismatic she can be and showed us something that hadn't been seen in WWE in the longest of times: a female wrestler who could not only wrestle entertaining matches inside the ring but could also cut strong promos.

As far as AJ's standing among the Divas, she's definitely the head of the class. The Diva Division has genuinely improved overall, but there's still a ton of baggage there that can only really be overcome if WWE continues to move forward in making the Divas relevant. It's just gonna take time and consistent effort. From a technical standpoint, Natalya is the best inside the ring but she's just got kind of a bland personality.

Aksana is...well I'm not exactly sure what it is Triple H sees in her. The only thing I can think of is that she's demonstrated abilities while working out or training, both in the ring & on the mic, that we just haven't seen on television.

Alicia Fox is athletic and, most of the time, is among the better in-ring workers among the Divas. I think more could be done with her as she does have a solid presence about her. With some work, she could be someone to watch.

Naomi is insanely athletic inside the ring, but she needs to work on her timing and controlling herself. She can be a bit sloppy sometimes, like when she sometimes goes for the high cross body off the top. More often than not, she overshoots her opponent almost completely. I think she also needs to bring up her cardio as well as she gets gassed fairly quickly. If she can bring all that stuff up to par, then she'll basically be a female version of Kofi Kingston.

Rosa Mendes is damn near hopeless, that's really all that can be said about her. I think the gal's pretty much dead weight and if there's anyone among the Divas that could be let go, I think it's her.

Brie Bella delivered what was probably the best match of her career against Tamina Snuka last night. The Bellas often catch a lot of flack, rightfully so most of the time, from internet fans especially. Brie Bella, however, is someone that's genuinely improved in the ring. She's in a whole other galaxy compared to where she once was. Unfortunately, she seems kind of lost when she & her sister aren't playing the pretty "mean girls". At the same time, however, the "mean girls" stuff is something they've done absolutely to death. If Brie can develop more of a persona for herself apart from simply being the babyface female wrestler who is legitimately in love with & and engaged to Daniel Bryan, then maybe there's something there.

Tamina Snuka is never gonna be the top star among the Divas. Among all the women on the WWE roster, she's the only one who has yet to display any semblance of personality or charisma. The role she's in right now as the mostly silent enforcer/bodyguard for AJ Lee is ideal for her.

JoJo and Eva Marie need to be sent down to NXT. There's no plausible reason for these two women to on the main roster right now when they barely have the knowhow to lace up their boots.

Layla is someone that's really impressed me the past few years with how far she's come inside the ring. Initially, like most people, I just wrote her off as another bimbo in a long line of bimbos to come through WWE. But she's someone that does seem to have genuine love to wrestling and worked really hard to show that. Even if what she was given was a big pile of rancid crap, she honestly did her best with it. When she tore both her ACL & MCL a few years back, I'm surprised she didn't just hang it up but she toughed it out and pushed herself. At 36, she's definitely on the old side for women in WWE, but she's someone who could be of good use.

Kaitlyn doesn't have much in the way of personality all in all, but she's someone whose a nice departure from the usual "look" for a Diva. She's still a little sloppy, or she was the last time I saw her, but there's potential there.

In all honesty, WWE has some genuine talent among the Divas. However, when it comes to all around ability as it pertains to putting on entertaining matches and being an interesting character, AJ is really the only one that stands out right now.

Short answer: no.

Within the WWE, there's a fair amount of women talent that just aren't given enough time/spotlight to showcase how good they really are. With Naomi, Natalya, Kaitlyn, and Tamina on the main roster; and Paige, Emma, and the soon to be returning Shaul Guerrero, AJ's got some fair competition that could potentially steal the crown of being the most important diva on the roster.

Outside of the WWE, AJ's far from being the best women's wrestler. With the likes of Kana, Ayako Hamada, Ayumi Kurihara, Mercedes Martinez, and LuFisto working the independents and joshi scene; AJ just wouldn't be top tier.

AJ Lee's simply a fan favorite due WWE's good-to-decent handling of her and her character. And there's nothing wrong with that. She's good on the mic, moves well enough in the ring, and gets the desired crowd pop. But she's not the best diva/woman wrestler in the world. This is all personal opinion, of course.

You do have to remember though, AJ can do a LOT more in the ring than WWE is willing to let her (or any diva) do. Back when she was working her way up through the industry I remember I used to always hear about the firecracker Miss April and how she was one of the most skilled female wrestlers NOT in the WWE.

Problem is when these girls get to the main roster, they like to completely water down their offense and reduce them to catfighting, hairpulling, rolling around on the ground, hairmares, dropkicks, and in AJ's case especially since she's a cowardly heel now, running away and holding onto the ropes to get away from her opponent. If WWE wasn't so against the idea of Divas putting on great matches, AJ could put on shows like she used to.

Go back and watch the match that her and Naomi had on NXT season 3. It was just a taste of what she can actually do when her moveset isn't locked in a cage with a tarp over it. The difference between her and all those other women throughout the world that you named, is that THEIR organizations have a goal of putting on the best womens' matches on earth every night, whereas the WWE is notorious for not wanting the women to be "too good"

No.

Gail Kim
Victoria
Mickie James
Sarita

To name a few who are just plain better.
(Oh and hotter)

It clearly said "diva" as in wwe currently only.
gail kim, tara, and mickie james are former diva's so their disincluded.
and sarita was never a diva,
i was talking about wwe women wrestler's who are actually wrestling at this current time if i meant best ever it wouldn't say best in the world, it would say best there was best there is and best there ever will be...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back