Why Does Madison Rayne Not Have the KO Title?

Trill Co$by

Believes in The Shield!
Yeah, I get that she "lost it to Mickie James" but seriously... why the fuck is Madison Rayne not being used as the front heel of the TNA Women's division? IMO, Madison has been the work horse of the division for the longest time and is by far way better than all of the knockouts in TNA. She's got very brilliant mic skills and down right solid ring technicalities down pack.

IMO, Madison should be the center focus of TNA's Knockout division. Because despite what others may think, she's the best all arounder that they have. I mean sure Mickie, Jacqueline, Katie Lea, and Tara are all good in their areas but aside from Jacqueline, the girls aren't as well rounded. For example, Mickie and Katie both SUCK on the microphone while Tara is just a slop since she left WWE. Jacqueline is probably the only one on the roster that could out work Madison, but she's getting up there in age.

I'm not trying to bash TNA or IW, because I actually like the promotion, but unless they've got their definite "face" of the company, I would say keep the title on a very game and intriguing heel Madison Rayne.

Just my two cents.

What do you think about Madison?

Do you think she's the best K.O. on the roster?

If not, who is?

Keep preaching my man! I completely agree with you. Madison is a great heel can work in the ring, on the mic and is pretty over with the crowd as well. I dont however want to see another program with her and Mickie that got stale I want to see her and Jackie and/or ODB go at it. Madison can come out talking about how pretty she is and ODB or Jackie can confront her about it. This way ODB and Jackie can turn face if need be too.

I couldn't agree MORE!!! Madison Rayne IMO is the single most entertaining female wrestling talent to DATE! She's got it all, but most importantly she is just such a great form of entertainment, and thats whats most important.

I've been watching wrestling for WAY too long, and I can also say that she has also had the single greatest womens title run, that I have ever seen. She's probably the only female wrestler that I have seen, that legitamately made me think that a womens title meant something. I wouldnt be afraid to pay money to see her, and thats the ONLY womens wrestler I think I can say I've ever said that about. Trish was really good too, but I like Madison even more than her.

While I couldn't agree more that she is the best overall Knockout on the roster, I can see why they took the title off of her. It made sense to put the title on Mickie James, easily TNA's most recognizable female star. They also seemed to be further pushing the Winter/Angelina storyline, but that has fallen flat over the last several months.

At this point, I think TNA is looking more towards Velvet Sky as the face of the division post BFG. She is easily the most popular of TNA's homegrown Knockout talent, and is a proven ratings draw amongst the women.

If they do indeed put the title on Velvet, I would like to see a feud with Madison down the line. They have a long built in history, and Madison's excellent in ring skills and theatrics would help carry and cover some of the flaws in Sky's in ring work

Out of the Current talent in TNA, I have to agree that Madison is the top heel. I was never really impressed with Winter other than her hellcat mannerisms and closeups... her mic skills aren't amazing, but she can give the camera great looks... Madison as a heel has it all.

I foresee Velvet winning at BFG and Madison (With Karen Jarrett backin her in a what a lady should be angle) starting a feud afterwards.

I have to agree that Madison is the best heel KO on the roster, but she's been underutilized the last several months. She lost TV time after her feud with Tara. But I don't think she's the best worker. Don't get me wrong, she can go in the ring when she wants to, but like the aforementioned Jackie, Mickie, and Tara, she kinda comes in fourth, maybe fifth on the TNA KO roster. Its strong opinion that Velvet will finally walk away with the title at BFG. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a heel turn for Velvet, maybe hooking her up with Madison to reform a new Beautiful People stable. But there will probably be another serious push for Madison in the near future. They just need to build up to it.

I agree with 99% of the above post..except i don't see Velvet turning heel. They have a good thing going with her as a babyface, and if she does win the title, it'll be only a matter of time before they place her in a feud with Angelina, as a battle of the Beautiful People. Only way I see BP ever coming back would be as a face team with Angelina turning on Winter

You need to move the Woman's title around, especially when you have an active women's division.

It's a blessing TNA has to work with, I was a huge Madison fan, but her banshee screaming antics got on my nerves after a while, so taking her away from the title for a bit gives her a chance to freshen up a bit.

Yes, her character is fresh and she is a great in-ring character, but you have to understand that every KO needs to rotate around the system bar Rosita y Sarita (see what I did there?). Madison was in the title scene for a while and as much as I agree she is in the top three, they need rotation and stability. Velvet Sky seems the logical choice for the next KO Champion as she is probably the longest serving Knockout full-time, and for some reason is believable as a face although 3/4 years ago, I didn't believe it to happen. Should Velvet win, then the x factor in the Winter/Mickie feud should be next. That is Angelina Love, she began this feud with Winter/Velvet and to be honest this could actually lead to Love's anticipated face turn. But let's stay on course, I don't see Madison being utilized as a championship contender for a while. Not until this Winter/Angelina saga dies.

I agree. Madison is the best Knockout they currently have and she had a great run as the Knockouts Champion. I hope she gets the title back because she would be the best option for a top heel. She could go through all of the faces before someone like Mickie or Angelina defeats her. That or they could build up someone like Velvet to get her first title while dethroning Madison at the same time. The division was more interesting with her as champion, I say give her the Knockouts Championship again at Bound For Glory. The best girl they have should be winning at the biggest show of the year.

Honestly I would rather have Madison and Mickie wrestle all day, then the unexperienced Winter have the Title.She is younger and a better Wrestler.Right now she's being used a joke, with the crown and such.I think the Winter gig is fading, Love will turn on her, join back with Velvet and Rayne can sneak in and take the title back.At Bound for Glory, the fatal four, I can either one of those girls winning...

Should I start a thread asking why Christopher Daniels doesn't have the World title?

He can run rings around every single wrestler TNA has and is absolutely brilliant on the mic. Yes that includes Kurt Angle.

But we all know why the talented wrestlers aren't where they are supposed to be... because TNA creative continue to bow down to the "names" even before the all mighty Hogan came on board...

Should I start a thread asking why Christopher Daniels doesn't have the World title?

He can run rings around every single wrestler TNA has and is absolutely brilliant on the mic. Yes that includes Kurt Angle.

But we all know why the talented wrestlers aren't where they are supposed to be... because TNA creative continue to bow down to the "names" even before the all mighty Hogan came on board...

That's just it though, for the longest time they were having Madison go over those big names. She's beaten Tara, Mickie James, and I do believe she even pinned Jacqueline. So why is that they all of a sudden put her on a back burner for the rejected WWE Divas?

And the opinion about Daniels is arguable for as long as Austin Aries is in the company. I will say that TNA could make a million bucks off of a program from just those two alone, but then again probably not.

I am a pretty big fan of Madison but I don't see a problem with her taking some time away from the title. She isn't even 6 months removed from the longest KO title reign in TNA history. I wouldn't object to Madison winning the title at BFG and then having Velvet doing a classic face pursues title against heel story. I doubt they are going that route though and that is probably a good thing. Such a story ices winter out of the picture more than TNA would want to right now.

That's just it though, for the longest time they were having Madison go over those big names. She's beaten Tara, Mickie James, and I do believe she even pinned Jacqueline. So why is that they all of a sudden put her on a back burner for the rejected WWE Divas?

And the opinion about Daniels is arguable for as long as Austin Aries is in the company. I will say that TNA could make a million bucks off of a program from just those two alone, but then again probably not.

Same can be said for a lot of TNA. RVD walks into the company, wins the title, and has an injury (mutilation) angle to take the belt off of him because he's just too strong... now he can't even get inot the main event scene. Same goes for AJ, same goes for Joe and so on and so on...

Why does John Cena and Randy Orton sell the most t-shirts... because WWE sustain their pushes, keeps them going and makes them superstars.

Someone like Madison after being built up and so many KOs doing the job for her to establish her, and then throw it away is just poor. I can say though that this year they have tried to build up Velvet Sky to be the next big marketable star. They built her up nice as a face, she defeated both ODB and Jackie two of the toughest KOs in the biz and now she's been on the backburner... I think she'll be the one to win the title at BFG from Winter but it would have established her more to win it from Madison who was so dominant at the start of the year.

i like madison. She's incorporated many classic heel tactics and I consider that a good thing to see. She knows how to work the crowd both on the stick and in the ring, and there are very few matches she has where the crowd isn't into it. people really buy into her character. All in all, she's a great heel and I can totally understand why TNA have pushed her to the extent that they have.

Madison has come a long way since she was the proverbial third wheel in The Beautiful People a few years back. I can't say that I'm a huge fan of women's wrestling. I don't mind it and it can be enjoyable at times, but Madison Rayne is easily among the more interesting and entertaining Knockouts in the company and has been for a long while. At the same time though, as shattered dreams pointed out, Madison is only fairly recently removed from the longest run in the history of the title. Her 188 day run with the title began approximately 1 year ago yesterday. While it sounds impressive, it actually wasn't. TNA basically had her sit on the title for much of that time and when she did defend it, it certainly wasn't anything worth mentioning.

The Knockouts Championship is largely irrelevant in TNA and has been for a while. No matter who has the title, I don't see that changing anytime soon. I wouldn't be bothered if Madison won the title at BFG. She seems to be Karen Jarrett's "favorite" so it's possible she could win and go on a heel run with the title where she's ultimately protected by Karen Jarrett quite a bit.

there is more to wrestling than what goes on in the ring, especially with the Knockouts. if a woman can wrestle that's great, but IMO being able to have some ability in the ring while being HOT is more important.
I swear I sometimes really don't get why some guys are so nit picking(or whatever) when it comes to the women wrestling and how they have to be great at wrestling in the ring.
IMO the number one priority for a woman wrestler on TV is being attractive. Velvet is the hottest woman in TNA right now. her entrance into the ring where she bends over the rope is absolute money.

I understand why TNA had Mickie beat Madison at the time, but I would have thought Madison would have continued to feud with Mickie rather than Winter getting involved. I'm not really much of a fan of Winter.
I'd like to see Velvet win at BFG, then continue to feud with Madison and Mickie. maybe Winter/Angelina could have some tag team matches with Tara/Tessmacher for the tag titles. maybe Sarita/Rosita could also get involved there.

i agree i think madison rayne is a great heel and she was a GREAT possibly the best knockouts champion ever and after mickie beat her for the belt and won their rematch i gotta admit it was kinda nice to see madison out of the title picture for a few monthes but now it seems shes kinda the heel jobber of the divison which i dont like sense shes much better (not to mention way hotter) then winter and angelina love and as for BFG ill be surprised if velvet sky doesnt get the title then fued with winter which finally leads to the angelina love face turn but if velvet escapes that fued as champ why not move her into a fued with madison? :shrug: i think it would be great to see madison fued with velvet they could bring up their past as members of the beautiful people and i think it would be really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back