Mae Young Classic

Papa Pillman

I've got more Ho's than Jim Duggan
Triple H has confirmed via twitter that the oft-rumored women's tournament is on and will be taped at Full Sail on July 13 and 14.

Also it has a spiffy name and logo:

Mae-Young-Classic-640x370.jpg

Discuss...

Will this feature a contest of women being powerbombed off the stage by the Dudleys? If not I can't see why this is called the Mae Young Classic. Fabulous Moolah Classic would be more fitting. Or Mildred Burke Classic. Or even Trish Stratus Classic.

Seems a strange choice. This women's tournament should be the furthest thing removed from what most people associate Young with.

Rumour mill says it's a Stephanie thing as she was close with Mae - doesn't bother me, she's probably better known to folks than Moolah was in spite of their differing in-ring successes.

The one thing I'd really love to see, and I felt they missed a trick last year with the Cruiserwight Classic and not getting Liger to come back, is putting Manami Toyota in. She's been mentioned quite a lot as a major influence on the current female stars of both the main roster and the NXT crew and with her impending retirment, it'd be great to see her get to showcase just a little of what she can do.

Which (if any ex WWE female wrestlers do you think will enter?) BRING BACK TARA/VICTORIA ffs!

Who do you think from the indies will appear?

It would be nice if Sara Del Ray is entered as well, as a nice way of getting her on TV after all the work she's done at the Performance Centre

Would be a good place to introduce some of the girls at the performance center or let people see them in a different light.

In regards to talent outside of the sports entertainment universe I'd like to see some of the girls from Stardom in Japan. They have a ridiculously talented roster and if I recall WWE already snagged a few of them. Tessa, would be a good one. Great pro-wrestler. Her dad Tully is a WWE Hall of Famer, and her Grandfather a former NWA and AWA president. Also dating Ricochet. Wouldn't surprise me if she did well if she is entering.

Ellering's daughter I imagine will be in this as well. Ellering's daughter currently being in NXT wouldn't surprise me if she is a for sure. Santana G & KimberLee I imagine are going to be in this as well. Io Shirai I imagine is going to be in this near 100%. Madison E and S. Darling. Deonna Purrazzo is an up and comer kind of so she might be a good grab, and Jessicka Havok after her series of matches in WCPW. Just not sure how they feel about another young British female considering the whole paige thing. Not saying WWE is shallow in thought, but WWE is shallow in thought. They also know money when they see it, and I'm sure they'd love more Sasha, Charlottes, and Alexas.

Don't care for the name, Can't wait to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back