Mark Hamill Joker Eulogy

Hamill is awesome; a criminally underrated voice actor. I'd still take Ledger over him for his portrayal, but only just slightly.

[youtube]hAWlKvYNoEg[/youtube]

Hamill is awesome; a criminally underrated voice actor. I'd still take Ledger over him for his portrayal, but only just slightly.
Given how he moved around in the OP video, he'd probably do just as good a portrayal in live action.

His role as Fire Lord Ozai is another great one too.

Given how he moved around in the OP video, he'd probably do just as good a portrayal in live action.

His role as Fire Lord Ozai is another great one too.
I was reading some comments on another video of this, a longer one. Some where saying he be good as an older Joker in a live action movie. Batman: Return of the dark knight...If you have heard of that.

I was reading some comments on another video of this, a longer one. Some where saying he be good as an older Joker in a live action movie. Batman: Return of the dark knight...If you have heard of that.
It's "Batman: The Dark Knight Returns".

It's "Batman: The Dark Knight Returns".
images

:lmao:

Mark does more than just the voice when laying down the vocals for Joker, he basically acts out the whole performance in front the the mic. At about 1:30 into this video they show him laying down some his vocals for Arkham City.

[youtube]a6zqFsYuhX4[/youtube]

I don't think he would have any problem playing the Joker role in a live action Batman film.

Jack Nicholson is vastly underrated as the Joker. Done a fantastic job of capturing the character as a sociopathic nut-job with a thirst for chaos. Ledger was better, but Nicholson shouldn't be forgotten here.

Really Doug? You of all people?

EDIT: Watched Batman TAS growing up and again a few months ago. Adore it. Had no idea/paid no attention to the voice over actors except Kevin Conroy.

All the voice overs there, are for me the characters themselves. Hamill as Joker is amazing, whoever did Dent's amazing. Easily, the best Animated Series for me. The original TMNT a close 2nd.

For me, Mark Hamill is The Joker, just like Kevin Conroy is Batman.

I did like John DiMaggio's take, mind:

[youtube]9qOdggdLPLM[/youtube]

Jack Nicholson is vastly underrated as the Joker. Done a fantastic job of capturing the character as a sociopathic nut-job with a thirst for chaos. Ledger was better, but Nicholson shouldn't be forgotten here.
It all depends on how you like the character to be played, most brought something different to the part. Nicholson, Romeo, Ledger, Hamil, Dimaggio...All did good work, just in different ways. Up to us to determine who we like best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back