**MERGED** John Cena Thread - Heel Turn, Matches, Etc. (Keep it in here!!)

Love him or Hate him?

• Love him

• Hate him

• In between

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
This thread is pretty much exactly what it sounds like. Not a week goes by in which we don't have at least one thread, sometimes more than one, in which the OP gripes about any and all things concerning John Cena. Sometimes they'll try to disguise the post as something else, like maybe talking about the WWE Championship picture briefly, but chiefly going on a rant about how much they dislike everything about Cena.

So, for the sake of just keeping the forum a little less convoluted with many of the same threads complaining about the same thing, just keep all Cena bashing here. Bash all you like, just no spam or posting any spoilers you might read about upcoming events, etc.

Hey thats how you know Cena has had a big impact good or bad he gets a whole thread just about how "bad" he is. :suspic:

Not meaning to be rude Jack-Hammer but this is a tad ******ed.

Alright so Cena isn't liked by many myself included do we really need a forum about him?

they need a thread about this, because honestly im tired of everyone bashing cena too. face it, he IS the face of the company. you are all dissing cena because its the "cool" thing to do. i see nothing wrong with the guy, and im tired of coming on wrestlezone everyday and seeing at least 3 threads that bash cena. its old, and it's very annoying. but people are not going to just keep the bashing here, they will continue making more threads saying the same things over and over again :banghead:

they need a thread about this, because honestly im tired of everyone bashing cena too. face it, he IS the face of the company. you are all dissing cena because its the "cool" thing to do. i see nothing wrong with the guy, and im tired of coming on wrestlezone everyday and seeing at least 3 threads that bash cena. its old, and it's very annoying. but people are not going to just keep the bashing here, they will continue making more threads saying the same things over and over again :banghead:

I couldn't agree more,

people are now using things to prove their point like "Hi, I'm 13 and I love Chris Jericho! I hate John Cena! Thumbs me up!"

I'm a sick of it, some people like John Cena but they disrespect him because they are afraid they are gonna get bashed.. It's stupid.

I agree..some people like to poo poo whatever is popular at the time, and as the above poster said because its "cool" to do. Personally, I have never understood the hate for Cena. All the shots that people take at him on here, you could level at a lot of the top stars on the last 20 years. Cena is shoved down our throats, he always wins yadda yadda yadda...WWF/WWE was built on the back of "good guys" who would never give up, and fight the good fight yadda yadda yadda...Bruno...Hogan...Hogan went 9 years (not all of them in WWF) where he wasn't cleanly pinned for 9 years...Tony Atlas cleanly pinned him in 1981...the next guy to do so....Warrior at WM6 in 1990.....

And I notice now a lot of people are starting to turn on Punk....I guess you can please some of the people some of the time huh...

I guess its time to move on , Cena's been hogging the WWE Championship Title for a long long time now , time to give the others a chance for the spot maybe , how about Rey Mysterio or Kofi Kingston or CM Punk ??

It also in my opinion does not matter who the top dog in the WWE is. There will always be bashers about the person, Let's take Hulk Hogan for instance. Obviously the internet was not around in his prime, but there were always haters. The only reason you here mixed reactions to john cena even though he is the modern day hulk hogan is due to the internet and having a much bigger forum to bash him.

Good try TC but it won't make them stop creating new topic, there's already topic about it on the first page but people still create them thinking that they have the special twist or thoughts that would warrant a new topic.

I will agree with you that I am tired of seeing a million topic about it just like there's a new trend of having a million topic bashing Punk lately too, but I don't like Cena and I don't do it because it's the cool thing to do so you shouldn't put everyone in the same basket.

I agree..some people like to poo poo whatever is popular at the time, and as the above poster said because its "cool" to do. Personally, I have never understood the hate for Cena. All the shots that people take at him on here, you could level at a lot of the top stars on the last 20 years. Cena is shoved down our throats, he always wins yadda yadda yadda...WWF/WWE was built on the back of "good guys" who would never give up, and fight the good fight yadda yadda yadda...Bruno...Hogan...Hogan went 9 years (not all of them in WWF) where he wasn't cleanly pinned for 9 years...Tony Atlas cleanly pinned him in 1981...the next guy to do so....Warrior at WM6 in 1990.....

And I notice now a lot of people are starting to turn on Punk....I guess you can please some of the people some of the time huh...

The answer to your question is simple, the way people consume information. And people who are not crazy about the product like us, may find nothing wrong with Cena or Punk. Back in the days you needed the 9 years streak or things like that because they were touring the territory and were doing there revenues on ticket sales, you were watching wrestling from time to time and attending when they were coming, so to have a big undefeated face was cool to go watch.

In today's era, we know more we see more, there's WAY too much WWE on TV every week, too many PPVS, feuds and title reigns fly faster and people grow tired of things quicker.

When people were hating big time on Cena 4-5 years ago I was still on his side, even when he came back at the rumble I was happy while everyone was complainning, bnut I just became tired of his character, him always winning and the superman routine.

I won't make threads about it but I don't like him and I don't like when people try to disminish the fact that Cena is stale by saying "Of course, it's the cool thing to do". I would say that base on the amount of posters who are getting bashed, attacked and insulted, it's actually the other way around. On this forum it became cool to like Cena.

I don't usually comment on this site buy it irritates me a lot that people still believe that John Cena gets booed because its cool. That's just nonsense! I do not boo Cena because its "cool". I (and this is my opinion) boo him because he is awkward, and unbelievable in the ring and his promos suck(again my opinion). I used to like him but he shit the bed at Wrestlemania 21 against JBL. And from that moment i knew he was not ready to be a main eventer.

But the WWE continued to push him and even put him on RAW. With him coming to RAW in 2005 he de pushed Christian which was stupid (and another reason why people have been booing him for so long.) seeing as Christian was getting madly over. He then went onto beat Jericho, beat Angle& Davari in the most impossible circumstances and then he went onto win the Elimination Chamber. Now thank god Edge cashed in his MITB, which he got cheered for (Edge should have been booed madly at NYR. What he did was criminal. But people hated Cena so much Edge looked like a hero). Finally someone the fans had grown up with and actually liked became the WWE champion and then Cena won the title back 3 weeks later and beat Triple H in the most unbelievable match of the century. Cena had no business winning that match let alone by submission.

And then the trend would continue after watching the best wrestling ever from 1996-2005, we have to deal with this idiot who looks terrible and awkward in the ring say you can't see me and dominate all the wrestlers we have grown up with and liked. And to put the icing on the cake he beat Edge in a TLC match in Toronto Canada. Which was the biggest crock of bullshit in WWE history (Edge has only ever lost 1 TLC match and it was to Cena......so stupid)

So that was what you call an origins story of why fans boo John Cena. And this was before there was tons of "internet SMARKS" as you said talked on the internet. He has disgraced our industry with his terrible wrestling and god awful looking title belt. Now will admit he has gotten better recently (which is a good thing) but it still doesn't change how bad wrestling became during his reign on top. He will forever be known as the most forced superstar in wrestling history.

5 reasons why I hate John Cena!

1. Honestly, he is holding a lot of talent back from blossoming - all be it its not entirely his fault bc its not his decision, but he does have some pull backstage.

2. He honestly annoys me when he tries to be "witty" on the mic. He is no Rock, he is no Jericho, he is no edge, and he is certainly no Punk.

3. I get bored watching him wrestle - i tape Raw so I can fast forward his matches - sure he works his ASS OFF but its the same ol' thing every single time.

4. His look is just not that great either. Chain Gang era was AWESOME I must admit, but the cleaner goody two shoes version this day is too CLEAN.

5. Because I am an Edge, Punk, Rock, Y2J, Barrett fan ... prob 4-5 of his biggest enemies

I won't make threads about it but I don't like him and I don't like when people try to disminish the fact that Cena is stale by saying "Of course, it's the cool thing to do". I would say that base on the amount of posters who are getting bashed, attacked and insulted, it's actually the other way around. On this forum it became cool to like Cena.

Personally, it annoys me both ways. I don't like to see people nonsensically attacking Cena, or nonsensically defending Cena, and I don't like seeing anyone getting shit on just for weighing in one way or another. I, personally, don't appreciate how Cena is booked a lot of the time, but I recognize him as a huge talent and a big star for WWE. If you love him, good on you, if you hate him, good on you, I won't shit on you either way, but if you feel strongly enough to post, please do so intelligently! When people glorify Cena as the greatest thing in the history of time and space, that's just lame. And when people are all "Cena sucks! He can't wrestle or talk!" that's every bit as lame. And when they blame him for things he has no control over, that irks the shit out of me. He doesn't book the matches, and he didn't create the main event face style of wrestling...

But seriously, can't everyone just be respectful and not attack each other for having the uncool opinion, whichever it may be? And can people please back up their gripes or their praise with something more concrete than "He sux has no skillz" or "He is GOD!!!!`" ? Thanks.

1. Honestly, he is holding a lot of talent back from blossoming - all be it its not entirely his fault bc its not his decision, but he does have some pull backstage.

2. He honestly annoys me when he tries to be "witty" on the mic. He is no Rock, he is no Jericho, he is no edge, and he is certainly no Punk.

3. I get bored watching him wrestle - i tape Raw so I can fast forward his matches - sure he works his ASS OFF but its the same ol' thing every single time.

4. His look is just not that great either. Chain Gang era was AWESOME I must admit, but the cleaner goody two shoes version this day is too CLEAN.

5. Because I am an Edge, Punk, Rock, Y2J, Barrett fan ... prob 4-5 of his biggest enemies

1) if it isn't his fault that he is "holding a lot of talent back", then you shouldn't hate him for something that isn't in his control.

2) im pretty sure everyone that you listed when you said "he is no.." also tried being witty, and making quick smart remarks. punk does it, especially talking about stephanie. jericho and edge also were "witty" on the mic also.

3) I don't disagree with you that some of his matches are boring. However, I'm sure there are at least 1 or 2 matches every raw that i see that are very boring, more boring than some of cena's matches.

4) he HAS to look clean. the kids love him, and he is the face of the company. what is so wrong with what he wears? I would rather have him in jean shorts than wear little underwear that shows his "package".

5) I don't see why everyone likes the rock over cena. yeah, he was big like 10 years ago. "I'm back, and I'm never leaving you again" says Rocky, and then he leaves again, never to return until his little birthday celebration, which i think was done for attention. Talk about cena doing the same thing over and over again, if I'm hearing correctly, rock says the same thing over and over again. Not to mention he wasted like 20-30 minutes of wrestlemania in the beginning. yeah, he was the host, but he came out and talked about nothing! "ahhh..this is the people's water"...wtf?

I agree with others... this IS kinda retarted. Allow people to make threads, it doesn't hurt one bit. It's not like any other thread is as important... (Kevin Nash, Jeff Hardy, CM Punk, HHH, etc.) to know it's getting bumped down. This thread is immature for the forum.

I don't think this thread is going to work seeing as the people who usually start Cena-bashing threads tend to overlook the other threads out there that make the exact same brain dead point they're usually trying to get across.

But still, it would be nice if all Cena bashing threads get merged into this one so I can finally click on a thread about oh let's say tag teams wrestling without it turning into a "100 reasons why Cena sucks thread".

My only complaint about Cena is that he hasn't answered any of my tweets demanding the first title shot after he beats Del Rio. Go figure.

It seems like People hate Cena for many of the reasons that others are considered the best ever.

Same last 5 Moves. Ehhh

Hogan, Shawn, Bret, Flair, Sting, Austin, THE ROCK.... ect all followed similar formulas. Not that he is up to par or isnt Im just saying,

The super cena thing Hogan was the same way ALL the way untill his WCW heel turn. We're talking what 5 years of cena vs like over a decade of hogan?

Personally I think Cena is great on the mic DEF in the top 5 of current WWE talkers. Thats me tho.

He says the same thing, ok So does the Rock.

Yea some of cenas matches can be boring but ALOT of matches on RAW are.
Cena is talented and lots of legends agree and ppl that work with him tend to say the same. Hell it takes 2 to have a great match Cena and Punk had CLASSIC matched this summer.

Alot that he gets slack for is out oh his control. Even if he turns heel you will hate him so why does it matter?

Its all business, Hell if Cena went to TNA he would be the BIGGEST STAR THERE NO QUESTIONS.

I guess I just dont get it Cena is cool in my book and he hasnt had the title all year do to contrary tought he got it in May lost it in July. Thats what 2 and a half months? out of the year so far he prob will hold once more this year he wont have it come rumble i bet.

Now one if you want to talk stale lets talk Orton, Christian Carried that feud outside of the ring.

I dont like John Cena like many, I find him boring and has no edge to him, because of him I became a bigger fan of Edge, Shawn Micheals, Randy Orton, HHH and so many more people. I like this thread however after a few days it will become old and we will see more anti cena threads.

I'm one of those guilty of leaving anti-Cena remarks sprinkled throughout some of my posts on other topics and for that I apologize. However I do believe the comments also pertained to some of the other topics.

Cena would still be hated if he turned heel, but atleast then the hate would be warranted. The reason Cena is hated afterall, for the most part is how he is booked as being stronger than Superman. People don't enjoy hating Cena, but we have to. We can't just sit back and accept bullshit as being deserving of beating talented guys like Wade Barrett in 5 minute squash matches.

Oh and it was also complete bullshit that we DID NOT get the legit finish at Summerslam. It just couldn't be allowed to happen. Cena had to have his foot under or on the rope, because God forbid he lose a match and look human. Hell Triple H has tapped probably 10 times in his career and has been pinned probably 1000 times. Yet Cena can't even take a pin? Nobody thinks any less of Triple H for his losses either.

meh. My favorite thing about John Cena is that he doesn't care about whether or not you like him. He does what he does for the people who enjoy seeing him do it. Every day people are making new threads to bash him, yet he's going on with his life as the face of the company, bringing in more money than most of us will make in our lives, and has tons and tons of fans around the world.

At the end of the day, I can see why he doesn't care much about the "internet fans" that bash him. He's better than them.

MPWFchairman I couldn't have said it better, You all assume you know why people hate cena because its cool? the simple fact is he is very lazy and un entertaining in the ring in terms of wrestling. It takes a super talented guy like Jerico, Punk or Micheals to make Cena look decent in the ring but for the most part he does Jack all in the ring until its time to hit the five moves of doom. Which there isn't anything wrong with except that 99% of his matches thats about all he does. It makes anyone he faces look really weak that they can beat the shit out of him for 10min straight then lose in a couple of moves.

You know, I have been a visitor of WrestleZone.com for years. Every single time I visit the site, I always see John Cena being bashed somehow in "Latest Discussions." It's a bit old, to be honest with you. Let's face the facts here. John Cena is the best thing going on for WWE right now. Whether you agree or disagree, no one really cares. The WWE will continue to shove Cena down our throats if it means that McMahon's pocket becomes more full.

I'm not John Cena's biggest fan, but I actually like him and what he has done for the business. Without him, what would WWE have really? CM Punk? I love CM Punk, do not get me wrong. However, CM Punk is just rising in popularity in the WWE with the casual fans. That's what WWE is about right now, the casual fan-base. Those are the people who buy massive John Cena merchandise for their kids or girlfriends for special occasions. Yes, I see CM Punk's "Best In The World" T-shirt has been selling out arenas as of late, but this is only a recent turn of events. We will see how long this lasts before CM Punk becomes buried like Randy Orton, Batista, or The Miz. If WWE is truly training Punk to be the next guy, then so be it. We don't know this right now as of yet.

Anyways, back on topic. What Triple H said on Raw recently is the cold, hard truth. Whether you love or hate John Cena, he's the reason WWE sells out arenas. If you look in the crowd, you always see a sea of Cenation shirts all the time. It doesn't matter if he's being booed more than he's being cheered, he's still a constant flow of income. Before and during the whole current CM Punk fad, you have always seen Cena merchandise in the crowds. Even before John Cena was WWE Champion back on SmackDown, Cena was still a constant flow of income. He has always been popular among the younger and casual fans.

In conclusion, bashing John Cena is pretty much blasphemy if you don't have the facts to back it up. Yes, it has been seven years and I feel like it is time to move on from the Cena era. However, as long as Cena maintains popularity and makes steady money for the WWE, he's not going to go away anytime soon.

I was watching the Wolverine Origins movie on FX earlier tonight and something occurred to me. Right after it went off, Cena's movie 12 Rounds came on. I just remember watching some of it and how douchy Cena looks trying to act in movies and be a star.

I bring it up because I read somewhere that Hugh Jackman was going to be on Raw. Jackman as Wolverine was great and you bought into him as an action star. Cena just seems too much like a pansy to be doing action movies.

On another thought, has there been a guy other than Cena that people claim draws and sells out arenas yet gets booed by atleast half of the crowd every Monday night? I don't really count Hogan because he was in WCW at the time. I don't personally believe that Cena is what sells out arenas. Oh and wheres the proof that Raw is always sold out?

From what I've heard, alot of times they tarp off parts of the arena so we don't really know if they are actually selling out every Monday night. Also, alot of people are probably coming for the show itself, as when Cena's music hits, you always hear a massive high pitched scream, followed by low toned booes as soon as the music stops. Plus ratings have been their lowest in a decade. Also, you don't sit on the edge of your seat on Monday nights because you can't wait to hear what Cena has to say, or see what he's going to do because you already know.

It's going to be the same lame, corny, 1980s cartoon WWE shit he's been doing for the last 6 years. CM Punk has been the first guy since probably Austin or Rock that you can't wait to see what he does next.

John Cena is old, stale and played out. He'd be better off refreshing his character and that is my only reason for disliking him.

He needs to change.. Like everything else has in the last 5 years... Whether that's a heel turn or what, I have no idea. I just know, if we were to grab some footage of him now and compare it to five years ago, we'd be looking the same thing.

Cena can be the face, he just needs to be a different face... If that makes any sense.

MPWFchairman I couldn't have said it better, You all assume you know why people hate cena because its cool? the simple fact is he is very lazy and un entertaining in the ring in terms of wrestling. It takes a super talented guy like Jerico, Punk or Micheals to make Cena look decent in the ring but for the most part he does Jack all in the ring until its time to hit the five moves of doom. Which there isn't anything wrong with except that 99% of his matches thats about all he does. It makes anyone he faces look really weak that they can beat the shit out of him for 10min straight then lose in a couple of moves.

You type a post to complain that people don't understand why you dislike Cena and then go on to type a post using the same cliche and untrue things all Cena-bashers say about him. Here's the issue... We get that you guys don't like Cena. What would you like us to do about it? Stop liking Cena ourselves? Pretend that what you are saying about his wrestling ability is true? No thanks. I'd rather just be honest with myself and admit that Cena outdraws everyone you just named. And seriously, saying that Punk carried Cena is one of the dumbest things I keep hearing on this site and it makes everyone who says that look stupid.

I guess its time to move on , Cena's been hogging the WWE Championship Title for a long long time now , time to give the others a chance for the spot maybe , how about Rey Mysterio or Kofi Kingston or CM Punk ??
Kofi Kingston doesn't draw anywhere NEAR what Cena does. Rey Mysterio is older, injured, and much closer to retirement. CM Punk is being booked above the fucking title at this point, and it's going to be a while before he's the draw that Cena is. If anything, Cena has been held back from getting a long enough reign the last few years. He never retains more than two pay-per-views in a row without losing it anymore. And of course your top guy is going to be involved in title feuds, that's why he's, you know, the top guy.
It also in my opinion does not matter who the top dog in the WWE is. There will always be bashers about the person, Let's take Hulk Hogan for instance. Obviously the internet was not around in his prime, but there were always haters. The only reason you here mixed reactions to john cena even though he is the modern day hulk hogan is due to the internet and having a much bigger forum to bash him.
It's also because people got ridiculously spoiled in the Attitude Era and they now think that every single top babyface has to be "edgy." When in reality, there is absolutely nothing wrong with having a good guy who actually does the right thing, instead of remorselessly kicking people in the head or taking cracks at the boss' wife.

And any other person in his shoes would do the exact same thing. No one wants to give up their spot. And it's not like Cena has EVER had a problem putting people over when he's been asked to.
Oh no, he's (maybe) not as witty as three of the greatest mic workers EVER. That should not be a strike against him by any means. And he's more than held his own on the mic against all three over the years. As for Edge, I'll take Cena's jokes over his any day. Unless you're talking about his tag team stuff, which I don't think you are.
Oh really? It was the same thing when he had that great match against Miz? It was the same thing when he had that PHENOMENAL match against Rey Mysterio? Of course most Raw matches are going to be pretty standard, because that's how WWE wants it. But when Cena's been put in a Raw match that actually means something (i.e. the WWE Championship), he's delivered. And don't get me started on his pay-per-view work.
What does that have to do with his look? He looks the exact same as he did then. It's not like he's had some sort of radical appearance change between gimmicks, other than maybe growing his hair a little longer every once in a while.
I can respect this more than your other answers because that's the essence of being a wrestling fan, but on the same token it's not like all the guys you just listed have always gotten along in kayfabe either.
I dont like John Cena like many, I find him boring and has no edge to him, because of him I became a bigger fan of Edge, Shawn Micheals, Randy Orton, HHH and so many more people. I like this thread however after a few days it will become old and we will see more anti cena threads.
You're talking about three guys who really made their names as heels and a guy who let his Christian beliefs get in the way of doing anything edgy during his last run. Not really the best examples you could come up with.

For me, these are the biggest hole's in Cena's game:

1.) Promo-wise, he's one of those people that seems to confuse intensity for yelling, not talking loudly but yelling. I remember once at the beginning of a feud, he started yelling at the other superstar 2 minutes into it. I was thinking that "Shit, Cena gets mad fast."

2.) He doesn't sell pain after big matches, I haven't seen his big matches in a while but I don't remember an after PPV Raw where he looked like he was hurt from the night before other than the match between he and Edge where The Big Show came out and threw him into a search light. I may be wrong but I don't remember.

3.) He's been the same character since I'd say '07, he was still rapping in '06 I believe. Even, Austin, The Rock, and Undertaker changed things up over the years. He doesn't have to get a brand new gimmick, just slight tweeks here and there when needed.

Other than that, I think he is pretty good in the ring and I respect that he tries and seems to get that he's not liked and who doesn't like him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back