*MERGED* [OFFICIAL] Future WWE Hall Of Fame Discussion

psl19877

Dark Match Jobber
MODERATOR COMMENTS:​

This thread is for the purpose of consolidating threads in regards to future Hall of Fame ceremonies and inductees.

We encourage participation in this thread, but if you choose to participate, please list WHY you feel your nominees deserve to go into the Hall of Fame, to avoid spamming the thread with merely showing a list of people.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Wrestlezone Forum Staff

I know this is a bit early to maybe start this up, but I really would like to know from people. If you had your chance to pick 6 people to enter the WWE Hall Of Fame who would it be?? And I would like REALISTIC answers please. My Hall of fame goes as follows.

Jake Roberts,

Honky Tonk Man,

The Million Dollar Man,

Jim Duggan,

Owen Hart,

and

Stu Hart

Discuss...

I agree that all of those guys should be in there, but I doubt it'll be done in the same year. That's a bit too much star power for one Hall of Fame. I'd probably cut that list in half and have one group next year and the other the following year.

I definitely see Dibiase Sr. getting in next year because of his son's push. Plus, he's WAY overdue anyway I doubt we'll see Owen at the next HoF or ever if his widow has anything to say about it. Stu Hart is possible due to a renewed relevancy in the Hart family with the Hart Dynasty. Duggan, Roberts, and Honkey could all go next year, but not all three. Two tops, doesn't matter which, though I'd pick Honkey, because of the renewed importance of the IC title, and Duggan because....he's Duggan and isn't as big a deal as Roberts, to me anyways.

I also have a pretty good feeling The Rock is going to be inducted next year, mainly because Austin was inducted this year. If so, obviously he'll be headlining the HoF. I'd keep Dibiase as my "second biggest" inductee and save either Stu or Owen (if they can get him) for next year so they won't have to compete with The Rock.

as far as the potential hof'ers you have listed, i would say honky is likely the only guarantee. he lives in phoenix and has a good relationship with the company. i really hope that ted dibiase finally gets the nod, he is well overdue. i think if anyone from the hart family gets inducted, it would more likely be davey boy and/or the anvil. have their kids do the introductions, and maybe diana accepts for db and the anvil obviously appears. duggan will definitely be a hof'er, but does it really matter when? jake roberts too. he can pull himself together long enough for one weekend, but this one is ultimately up to wwe, and when they want him in. so my 6 that i would like to see inducted are:

the rock- hhh could induct him since they made each other.
ted dibiase- obviously jr. will be the one
davey boy smith- have harry and diana do the inductions
honky tonk man- i would say jimmy hart, but w/the hogan tna thing who knows.
jim neidhart- have nattie induct him
brian pillman- open with austin inducting him

Here we go, I'll give you my list.

Headliner(s): Macho Man Randy Savage and Miss Elizabeth
-They just put out the Savage DVD and he is long overdue. Elizabeth has passed away and she is deserving to get in along side her ex hubby and the man she managed for many years

2nd Draws: Ted DiBiase and Hart Family (Owen, Stu, Davey Boy, Anvil, Pillman)
-He is long overdue and deserve a spot in the Hall. He is one of the greatest heels the business has ever seen. His son is now in the spotlight and will be a future star. So now is the right time to put in the MDM into the Hall.
-Usually a group of sorts goes in. So why not put the Hart Family in. Bret is already there and the group I listed is well deserving as well. And with the Hart Dynasty getting recognition, now is the perfect time.

3rd Draw: Hacksaw Jim Duggan and Arn Anderson
-Hacksaw is the man and the fans love the go. He still is kicking to this day and it would be an ultimate honor for him to go in and finally lace up the boots. He may not have the accolades, but he has had a pretty impressive career
-Arn Anderson is also well deserving of an induction. He is working with the company and he is widely considered one of the most underrated guys to lace them up.

I have chosen my list based on the deserving superstars, but also based on the theory that there cannot be too much star power in one hall of fame. I also think that certain inductees should be inducted within the same ceremony.

Ultimate Warrior OR The Rock OR Jake the Snake Roberts OR Macho Man Randy Savage

Earthquake OR Owen Hart OR HonkyTonk Man OR Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase OR Miss Elizabeth (If Randy Savage is inducted)

Rick The Model Martel OR Stu Hart (If Owen Hart is inducted)

Jim Duggan OR Jim Niedhart (If Owen and Stu are inducted)

Slick

Ronnie Garvin

THE WRESTLERS I WOULD LOVE TO SEE IN THE HALL OF FAME

RANDY SAVAGE- THIS GUY WAS HARDCORE BEFORE HARDCORE WAS OUT(CHECK WHEN HE WAS IN MEMPHIS) BUT HE WAS A BIG DRAW AND A GREAT WRESTLER.

THE ROCK - HE AND STEVE AUSTIN BROUGHT BACK THE WWE .

ARN ANDERSON - UNDERRATED WRESTLER ONE OF THE BEST TAG TEAM WRESTLERS OF ALL-TIME

ROAD WARRIORS- NEVER WILL BE ANOTHER TAG TEAM LIKE THIS

BROOKLYN BRAWLER - HE MADE JOBBING LOOK COOL BACK IN THE LATE 80'S AND EARLY 90'S

RICK RUDE - SHOULD HAVE BEEN WWE WORLD CHAMPION BUT HOGAN OWN HIS ERA.:lol:

This is who I want to see inducted:

Bruno Sammartino - I know politics will never let this happen while Bruno's alive, but damnit the WWE Hall of Fame will never be completely legit in my eyes until he is in there.

But in the absence of Bruno, they need a legend... so...

Macho Man Randy Savage - A long and illustrious career in WWE and WCW, many time champion (IC, World, WWE, Tag), had arguably the greatest match in Wrestlemania history.

My mid to upper card inductee would be The Million Dollar Man. An honor that is long overdue for one of the greatest characters in WWE history.

My midcard inductee would be The Honky Tonk Man. Longest reigning IC champion of all time, still makes the occasional appearance for the WWE.

My tag team inductee would be The Road Warriors/LOD. How they haven't been inducted yet is beyond me. Probably the most legendary tag team of all time.

My female inductee would be Miss Elizabeth. It wouldn't be right to induct the Macho Man without Elizabeth.

And finally, my miscellaneous inductee would be Lord Alfred Hayes. He doesn't get nearly enough respect for the work he did behind the mic in the 1980s with Gorilla and Jesse. Listen to him when they air the classic MSG episodes.

I reckon Shawn Michaels will be the big inductee in 2010 there's rumors swirling round that next year will be his final Wrestlemania so it makes sense for him to get pride of place in the Class of 2010
Since The Hart Dynasty are around at the moment I'm guessin we'll see at least one member of The Hart Family added as well either Bulldog or Owen.
Jake Roberts and 'The Million Dollar Man' are also both overdue for induction and I wouldn't be suprised if at least one of these two men was inducted into The Hall of Fame.
I agree with Legion of Doom as the tag team its about time they were inducted.
To round off the pack I suggest King Kong Bundy, Bam Bam Bigelow, Slick and Arn Anderson. Although there's always an extra inductee that no-one's ever heard of.

And for all the people who are touting Randy Savage because the DVD came out, I believe the DVD came out without Savage's involvement and he is still on bad terms with Vince and the WWE.

Here who i think will be inducted at in the hall of fame next year.

My first Pick would be The Ultimate Warrior: Love him or hate him, The Warrior was a mainstream star plus he pretty much help Hogan carried The WWE in the end of the 80's ealry 90's. Plus the sign are all there that he's getting in since The WWE as put is profile on WWE.com and Warrior did agree to be in the legend of wrestlemania video game. Also there the fact that Wrestlemania is in his home state of Arizona next year so Warrior probably will get a spot at next year hall of fame.

Second would be The million Dollar man Ted Dibiase. 2 reason why i see this happenning next year. First he was one of the biggest Heel in the history of the WWE and it been long overdue, secondly, his son is probably getting a world title push by the time wrestlemania is coming around so what better way to cap off wrestlemania then having Ted dibiase Sr. be inducted into the hall of fame and seeing dibiase Jr win the WWE title.

Next would i would probably love to see Demolition being inducted for the simple fact that the original team of Ax and Smash were one of the most dominent tag team of the 80's beside the road warriors.

Round it up the hall of fame class of 2010 would be Big Boss man, Butch Reed, Rick Martel and luna vachon

My six inductees for 2010 would be:

Randy Savage-It's a joke he's not in already. One of the most talented wrestlers ever. I would easily put him above Shawn Michaels. Nobody wrestles with his combination of power and aerial moves anymore. It's too bad WCW made him look like garbage at the end.

The Million Dollar Man-One of the best villains of all-time. Great character, great wrestler. Should have been at least an Intercontinental champion.

Owen Hart-Obviously a great wrestler and a great entertainer. Had many great matches and a multiple time champion.

Jake Roberts-One of the best story tellers of all time. Great character and wrestler with a ton of memorable feuds.

The Ultimate Warrior-Great charisma, great fan following, Intercontinental champion and world champion. The only man to pin Hulk Hogan cleanly at the height of Hulkamania

Sting-One of the greatest heros of all time, multiple time world champion, feuds with the biggest names in history; one of the best of all time

Macho Man Randy Savage and ELizabeth- As everyone has said the politics have gotten in the way of the obvious lock. Hopefully everything will ease over and he will get in this year. This would have been amazing if Hogan would have not signed with TNA and he could have inducted him.

Yokozuna- he was great even though he was only around for a short time, his battles with luger and the Undertaker were memorable growing up.

Lex Luger- he has had hard times in the last decade but has headlined mania' and his narcissist character was everything we stood for in the 90's.

Mr T.- Out of all the celebrities he deserves it more than Pete Rose, or any other for that matter.

Honky Tonk Man- "The Greatest IC Champion of all time" Have Santino induct him, hilarity ensues!!!

As for everyone who is on The Rock bandwagon its a possibility with the way he hinted at the Smackdown Anniversary and he is a huge draw across the board even outside of wrestling right now. But i see that two or three years down the road.

I would say Chris Benoit to HOF, but we all know it wouldn't happen.
It's kind of like Pete Rose and the MLB, just different variations of why...

Other then that...

The Rock - Do I have to explain?

Owen Hart - Let's be honest here, he should of been inducted as soon as the HOF came back. He was a great performer, and died for the company LITERALLY. And also, he could be inducted by Bret.

Crash Holly - I know he didn't do anything big, but come on. This guy was great. (Although he did make the Hardcore Title famous pretty much - and did win it 22 times.)

Ultimate Warrior - He was obviously one of the favorites of his time back in the WWF days before the Attitude Era. He had great charisma and one of the best.

Legion of Doom/Road Warriors - Why the hell are they not in the HOF in the first place? One of the best tag teams of all time HANDS DOWN.

The only thing about my list is the WWE tends not to have that many "huge stars" inducted in one year. So, that could be the only problem with it.

Here's My list
1. The British Bulldogs Davey Boy Smith and The Dynamite Kid
2. Butch Reed he was a great talent in the WWF and WCW
3. Ron Simmons the 1st black World Champion in Wrestling history
4. Arn Anderson hes a former NWA/ WCW and WWF Tag Team Champion
5. Randy Savage The Man deserves it
6.Tully Blanchard Arn Anderson 's Tag Team Partner in WWF and Four Horsemen Member.

I agree that The Rock will be headling the HOF (though I see the WWE holding out on annoucing it until the last week they do all the announcements). The reason is because he did that promo for the 10th anniversary of Smackdown!, he's probably one of the last living HUGE wrestlers to have yet been iducted who is no longer wrestling, and let's face it, he's the Freakin Rock.

My other five are as followed: The Freebirds (God, them as well as the Road Warriors are SOOOOO overdue but I don't see them doing two huge tag teams in the same year, so since Hayes is always on WWE 24/7 programing I'd give it to him, Gordy and Roberts)...

Ted DiBiase, Sr. As it was listed before, this would be due to his son's push

Brian Pillman: They always have a few deceased wrestlers and Pillman's time is due now. I don't see them doing Owen and would be shocked if they did it this year, though he DOES need to be in there too

Randy Savage: Randy gets in due to the renewed "attention" he's gotten from Vince & co. I think Randy was a remarkable talent who has been underrated for quite some time

And finally, I'd have to say Honky Tonk Man. I don't personally wanna see Honky in there but you know the WWE, if they could induct Koko B. Ware last year, anyone can get in there. He's like the Roger Maris of the WWE HOF, meaning, he's in there by association, nothing more...

Well you have to look at the way WWE has inducted people into its hall of fame. There is usually one tag team, one or two major singles stars, an old promoter from the territory days, and an announcer or manager. with that being said here is my "ballot" for the 2010 WWE Hall of fame

1. The Rock. His credentials speak for themselves 9 time WWE/WCW World Champion, Royal Rumble winner, 2 time IC champ, 5 time Tag champ (The only good ones were with Mick, but whos counting?) And arguably the best ever on the mic. Huge induction, huge fanfare.
2.Ted DiBiase - One of the great characters that WWE ever created. Good in ring wrestler, and multiple time tag team champ in WWE, not to mention titles he won in other promotions. One of the greatest wrestlers to have never won the WWE title.
3. Jim Crockett - At one point "The" Promoter in the Wrestling business. Started Jim Crockett Promotions which eventually became WCW.
4.Road Warriors - The best power tag team in wrestling history. Held Tag team gold in the AWA, Jim Crockett Promotions (then an NWA affiliate), and WWE. Incredible promos. incredibly over.
5.Paul Bearer - Managed the Undertaker, Mankind and Kane for years and years in WWE. also managed other stars in different promotions.

There has to be 1 main headliner in the HOF every year. If I were to choose this years main haedliner it'd be Macho Man Randy Savage. He is way overdue and hopefully with WWE releasing his DVD this past summer he and Vince can bury the hatchet if they haven't done so already. There are others that deserve entry as well but I doubt more than a few on this list make it, at least for the 2010 class.

The Rock
Yokozuna
Bob Backlund
Legion of Doom
British Bulldogs
Owen Hart
Stu Hart
Rick Rude
Ted Dibiase Sr.
Honky Tonk Man
Arn Anderson
Razor Ramon (Scott Hall)
maybe Jake Roberts

Here we go, I'll give you my list.

Headliner(s): Macho Man Randy Savage and Miss Elizabeth
-They just put out the Savage DVD and he is long overdue. Elizabeth has passed away and she is deserving to get in along side her ex hubby and the man she managed for many years

2nd Draws: Ted DiBiase and Hart Family (Owen, Stu, Davey Boy, Anvil, Pillman)
-He is long overdue and deserve a spot in the Hall. He is one of the greatest heels the business has ever seen. His son is now in the spotlight and will be a future star. So now is the right time to put in the MDM into the Hall.
-Usually a group of sorts goes in. So why not put the Hart Family in. Bret is already there and the group I listed is well deserving as well. And with the Hart Dynasty getting recognition, now is the perfect time.

3rd Draw: Hacksaw Jim Duggan and Arn Anderson
-Hacksaw is the man and the fans love the go. He still is kicking to this day and it would be an ultimate honor for him to go in and finally lace up the boots. He may not have the accolades, but he has had a pretty impressive career
-Arn Anderson is also well deserving of an induction. He is working with the company and he is widely considered one of the most underrated guys to lace them up.

I agree completely. Savage and Owen are way overdue, what the hell is wrong with McMahon? I'm not too sold on inducting the entire family yet, but Owen and Stu are locks for sure.

Also, Miss Elizabeth is a great choice. Plenty of waterworks if that happens. Wonder who would induct her and Savage...Ricky Steamboat would be a good choice I think.

Gang,

Let's not make this solely a "List" thread. You can do simply "lists" in the Spam section for simply listing things.

If you want to nominate somebody, just share a few words and tell us very briefly why you feel the person should be nominated. What have they done exactly to warrant being in the Hall of Fame?

I'm not saying to write a novel or anything, but simply share a few words about why you feel that person deserves to go in the Hall of Fame.

It will make the quality of your posts that much better, and certainly make you come across as a much better poster, as well (which is what we want to see).

Thanks for the help!

1. Randy Savage and Miss Elizabeth
With the release of Savage's DVD, now would be the perfect time to induct him. He is as deserving as anyone, and if bridges are truly mended than I see no reason why he wouldn't be inducted.
Miss Elizabeth is one of the original pretty woman managers, and should go in alongside Savage.
As Hogan is in TNA, I'd choose Ricky Steamboat to induct Savage, and Savage to induct Liz.

2. The Million Dollar Man, Ted DiBiase
I'm pretty sure this is a lock. When DiBiase hosted RAW, he made mention of how ridiculous it was that Dusty Rhodes was in the hall while he wasn't. If that's not teasing, I don't know what is.
Maybe IRS should induct him?

3. The Harts.
I was reading Bet's autobiography, and simply thinking. People want Owen in, but I personally don't think he did enough to warrant it, unless he was inducted alongside his brothers and sisters. The Hart family was huge in wrestling, and if not the whole family than at least Stu and Owen should get in.
Bret should induct them, obviously.

4. Jim Duggan
At an event like the HoF, you need to excite the crowd, and Jim Duggan is the man to do that. He was hugely over back in the day, and you can talk about how he was terrible in the ring, or that his main purpose was to sell foam 2x4's, but the fact of the matter is he should be in or entertainment value alone. He is just as over now as he was then, and that's really something.
No idea who should induct him.

5. The Honky Tonk Man
HTM was one of the longest-running IC champs of all time. Whether he deserved it or not in your eyes you cannot take this away from him. He should be inducted by Koko B. Ware, or maybe Jerry Lawler.

lol Randy Savage? Keep dreamin! Vince did the only thing he could have done when he released a DVD. He made a 3 disk collection with no documentary and nobody other than Matt Stryker and Maria to speak about him. He found a way to make money without giving anybody an explanation about the HOF or why (It Seems) that the name Randy Savage is Taboo in WWE.

All the other names you mentioned do have a shot, but no chance in hell for Savage... unless Vince burries his ego.................... lol!!! I'm sorry I can't stop laughing!

I would love to see another Horsemen go into the HOF this year. Arn Anderson would be a wonderful candidate for a HOF nod. All he's done is bust his ass for whomever he worked for. Whether it was the NWA, WWF, WCW, or the WWE as an agent, AA has put his dedication into everything he's done. Sure he's not as decorated as some of the other Hall of Famers, but he sure beats the hell out of Koko B. Ware.

Seriously, AA was part of one of the few tag teams that were WWF and WCW/NWA tag team champions. He could tag with anyone and make that team successful. Anything he was associated with got instant credibility when he touched it. Even the Stud Stable in the early 90's was credible with him as a member. So he should get a nod for the HOF. It'd be much deserved.

As a resident of Phoenix, here is the 2010 Hall of Fame class; as I see it.

Promoter--Jim Crockett
Since the majority of the views on WWE Classics On Demand on cable have been showing Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling, and he was "the man" when the 4 Horsemen were in their heyday, this should be a given. Inducted by Jim Ross (if he's feeling better by Wrestlemania)

Old School Legend--Abdullah the Butcher
All monsters past and present should bring a plastic knife in recognition of one of the top lunatics of all time. Inducted by Kane.

Tag Team--The Fabulous Freebirds
The first wrestling act to incorporate music with their entrance; with numerous title reigns all over the world. Also, with Michael Hayes exposure on WWE Classics on Demand. Inducted by Kevin Von Erich.

Mid-Card--The Honky Tonk Man
"The Greatest Incontinental Champion Of All-Time" Nothing more needs to be said about him. Inducted by Santino Marella.

Upper Mid-Card--Ted DiBiase (The Million Dollar Man)
Probably THE heel of the late 80s and early 90s in the WWF. (If the World Wildlife Fund wants to sue me, they can't squeeze blood from a turnip) Also, he was the first manager in the WWF to be with Steve Austin. Inducted by IRS (Who will tell him he will need to pay a Hall Of Fame tax now)

Main Event--Randy "The Macho Man" Savage
The Macho Man was a great heel, and a great face, since he was pretty much the same whether face Hulk Hogan, or Ric Flair. More importantly, rarely had a lousy match. Was involved in, arguably, the greatest match in Wrestlemania history with Ricky Steamboat. Inducted by Ricky Steamboat

i would love to see Rick rude, he was a legend and he invented that hip swing thing. He was a 4 time world champ and is perfect for the hall of fame.

i apologise in advance in case i mention any onealready there

Not many will agree, but i think lillian garcia will be inducted she has done alot for the company over the years, announcing and singing.

i agree with most on ted dibiase snr.

yokozuna

bradshaw (JBL) done major things not the best at times, but i liked himin the APA, i was gutted when the split.

the rock + rikishi. the rock for obvious reasons. and rikishi due to the fact the friendship with the rock, he did good things was a major face most of the time. until his push at armageddon etc.

to summarise

The Rock (class leader)
Ted Di biase
Yokozuna
Bradshaw (JBL)
Rikishi
Lillian Garcia

I reckon Shawn Michaels will be the big inductee in 2010 there's rumors swirling round that next year will be his final Wrestlemania so it makes sense for him to get pride of place in the Class of 2010

I stand on your point with this one, i have a feeling its either going to be him, or its going to be The Rock. Becuse its sad to say it, but i have a STRONG feeling its going to be Shawns last match at Mania, and he is probablly going against hunter, but besides him i agree with what the guy who posted this said

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back