Michelle McCool should thank Taker for keeping her job

Ambiguous Turd

Mid-Card Championship Winner
I couldn't help but cringe at the TV every time Michelle McCool opened her mouth tonight in the segment between her, Layla, and Mickie James. I haven't watched Smackdown for a little over a month, but I see she has had virtually no improvement from the last time I heard her get on Commentary and basically sat there the entire time with her mouth shut. When she opened her mouth, what she had to say was in the most bland, monotone "Wish I was anywhere else, but here" type of tone.

And when she was interacting with McCool, Layla, and Mickie ... once again, the exact same thing.

Layla, who is far more convincing than McCool on the mic, would be a much better Heel Women's Champion than McCool. Fortunately, I have a hunch that Beth Phoenix will be getting the Women's Gold soon enough ... who is a far better representation to the Women's Championship than Michelle McCool is.

But if McCool hasn't, she really needs to thank Undertaker for keeping the WWE Women's Title as long as she has, much less actually having a job with the company.

Yeah, how did they justify her having the belt when she was injured? She's good in the ring, but on the mic, she's just...ugh. If she could polish that part of her game up...she'd be a really good champ.

But there is no question that Beth and/or Maryse are the cream of the crop in WWE in terms of being total packages...in-ring and mic skills.

She's not that bad honestly, not as bad as I thought she used to be. I've actually enjoyed her time spent on Smackdown over the last few months, I think she's a good enough heel, and she's not half-bad in the ring either. Her stealing AJ Styles' finisher kind of irks me, but atleast she's willing to try more difficult moves than most of the other "Divas" are.

But yeah, I'm sure her relationship with Undertaker helps her standing with the company quite a bit, but even if she weren't with the man I think she'd probably still be employed.

The only thing she's champion of is the amount of Deadman cock she has to suck in order to keep her job. She's probably the blandest woman on the roster as a whole when it comes to in-ring skills and charisma. She stole her finisher from Styles, and didn't even give him proper credit for the move he popularized, stating that she didn't know who he was.

I really think McCool should have been let go. There's nothing unique about her at all. She's a hot blonde, and she's easily replaceable. I'm sure she realized that, so she leeched onto Taker in order to make herself somewhat indispensable to the company. With Mickie and Beth now on the Smackdown roster, and Layla improving, it just makes McCool look even worse.

She was getting pushed before this Undertaker crap ever surfaced. She has always been gifted athletically. Yeah...and she has always been attractive, which I'm sure helps. Even after all those rumors surfaced about Triple H wanting to bone her several years ago, and after she was out sick and in the hospital for so long, she anaged to keep her job.

So rather than speculate that she's been a leech all this time and been sleeping her way to her position, I'd like to think that she's just good enough at what she does to earn her keep.

Michelle should thank her trainers for keeping her job. To go from a school teacher to one of the best in-ring heel female wrestlers is quite the achievement. She can manipulate everything in the ring to get some heat and make her more credible as a heel. The cowardice, the cockiness, the taunting... these are all becoming good tools for Michelle to stay as champion as she can perform well in the ring.

I will grant the fact that she is horrible on the mic and needs to polish herself fast. But, if you have wrestling skills in the diva's division and play your character well in the ring, you will be featured regardless of mic talent. Look at Alicia Fox and Jillian Hall at these examples. Fox plays a good in-ring charatcer and Hall has great charisma... whose gotten the better exposure?

Michelle should thank her trainers for keeping her job. To go from a school teacher to one of the best in-ring heel female wrestlers is quite the achievement.

Um....What? "One of the best in-ring heel..."? Are you kidding me? Beth Phoenix is the best the WWE has, no matter the alignment. Natalya is also miles ahead of McCool in the ring, but rarely is given the opportunity to wrestle. Hell, I'd even take Layla over her. Don't forget Maryse. She may not be outstanding, but she's easier to watch than any match McCool has had in about 3 years. Her mic skills are non-existent, and her moves fall flat (except for the stolen Styles Clash :glare: ).

There's no doubt that she needs to thank 'Taker for her job...And whoever taught her those stripper moves she used in that costume contest.

Um....What? "One of the best in-ring heel..."? Are you kidding me? Beth Phoenix is the best the WWE has, no matter the alignment. Natalya is also miles ahead of McCool in the ring, but rarely is given the opportunity to wrestle. Hell, I'd even take Layla over her. Don't forget Maryse. She may not be outstanding, but she's easier to watch than any match McCool has had in about 3 years. Her mic skills are non-existent, and her moves fall flat (except for the stolen Styles Clash :glare: ).

There's no doubt that she needs to thank 'Taker for her job...And whoever taught her those stripper moves she used in that costume contest.

Beth as an in-ring heel being the best... probably. Essentially, all she has to do is use her power and make sure that what she does hurts. I'm pretty sure thats how most big men wrestlers do the job as well. Sure, its a great method and all, but it is just too simple compared to the likes of other wrestlers who have more diversity than power and dominance. Go watch the SmackDown vs. RAW diva match at Bragging Rights and I will guarantee you that the most heelish character that was in the ring was Michelle. She knows how to work the match into her own and create the heel aura around her, considering that she has nothing to work with like Beth and her power to become a good heel. Beth got given how to work as a heel, Michelle earned her way through the ranks.

For Natalya, as you said we can't comment as being an in-ring heel as she hasn't gotten the opportunity to wrestle to her potential as of yet. Maryse does the job well I will agree, but she does get some cheers from the crowd and via the textbook, a heel getting cheers from the crowd means you ain't doing the job right. When was the last time Michelle as a heel got a cheer to the extent where it can be classified as what Maryse gets? Never, so she is doing the job right.

Layla is improving somewhat, but she has been around for a long amount of time as Michelle and has not improved at all unlike Michelle who is coming into her own. I see no use for Layla other than dancing competitions or a squash opponent, even then I'd rather turn the TV off. Michelle has all the basics to make her into one of the best in-ring heels as I said before.

Really? Are you guys really going to come in here and speculate that the only reason McCool has her position in the WWE is because she is banging 'Taker? Really?

Excuse me while I :lmao::lmao:

I happen to think that McCool is miles better than she used to be. Both in the ring and on the mic. Is it possible that she earned her spot? I mean, does everything have to have a back story to it with the IWC?

I'm sure that 'Taker, of all people, isn't going around politicking to keep her in the company. Especially if she is as god awful and some of you seem to think that she is. Everyone knows that 'Taker is all about what is best for the business. He wouldn't want someone horrible to be a champion.

I'm sorry, but I think that McCool is very entertaining, although, I do agree that there are better women in the WWE that could pull off a heel champion. She will likely drop it to Beth Phoenix and that will be an improvement, but please don't speculate that 'Taker is holding her job for her.

Also, who cares if she is using AJ Styles finisher or not? His move isn't patented. Rock Bottom/Book End ring any bells? Scorpion Death Lock/Sharp Shooter do it for you? It's wrestling. People use other people's moves.

Really? Are you guys really going to come in here and speculate that the only reason McCool has her position in the WWE is because she is banging 'Taker? Really?

Yes. Yes we are. There's really no other way to look at it.

Excuse me while I :lmao::lmao:

You're excused.

I happen to think that McCool is miles better than she used to be.

Maybe in the ring, but that's really not saying much. She was pretty god awful to begin with. Surely you don't think she got better on the mic.

Both in the ring and on the mic.

I stand corrected. :disappointed:

Is it possible that she earned her spot?

If by possible, you mean she performed the Sausage Disappearing Act for her talent portion, then yes, by all means, she earned her spot. She certainly wasn't impressing anyone with her in-ring skills. Not many Divas now started as wrestlers anyway. A lot started as pieces of meat for us to lick our chops over from week to week. Eve, Layla, Kelly, Bellas, Alicia...I can go on.

I mean, does everything have to have a back story to it with the IWC?

Um...Yes.

I'm sure that 'Taker, of all people, isn't going around politicking to keep her in the company. Especially if she is as god awful and some of you seem to think that she is.

Did you see those dance moves? She's a freak. I can only imagine what she's doing to him behind closed doors for this job.

Everyone knows that 'Taker is all about what is best for the business. He wouldn't want someone horrible to be a champion.

He is still a man. Would you say no to McCool showing up nekkid in your bed every night? I don't think so.

I'm sorry, but I think that McCool is very entertaining, although, I do agree that there are better women in the WWE that could pull off a heel champion.

She's not really that entertaining. If anything she's an injury risk to herself, and eventually, to other people. They've fired guys over repeated injuries, why not women? Oh, I forgot, because she's keeping 'Taker happy during his "vacations".

She will likely drop it to Beth Phoenix and that will be an improvement, but please don't speculate that 'Taker is holding her job for her.

Sorry, bub...Can't do it. He is holding that job, or the job is being held for her because of him. Dropping the belt to Beth is a good start.

Also, who cares if she is using AJ Styles finisher or not? His move isn't patented. Rock Bottom/Book End ring any bells? Scorpion Death Lock/Sharp Shooter do it for you? It's wrestling. People use other people's moves.

It's not patented, but it is his move. The other ones were all a result of the Monday Night Wars, with WWE and WCW trying to one up each other. The bottom line is, you don't steal someone else's finisher while they're using it regularly. The Styles Clash is his move. Once he retires, feel free to use it.

NSL said:
It's not patented, but it is his move. The other ones were all a result of the Monday Night Wars, with WWE and WCW trying to one up each other. The bottom line is, you don't steal someone else's finisher while they're using it regularly. The Styles Clash is his move. Once he retires, feel free to use it.

So it isn't perfectly OK for Lacey von Erich to use the Chokeslam as a finisher, since 'Taker and Kane aren't retired? It wasn't OK for Cena to use the F-U before Brock retired?

McCool isn't that bad in the arena, mic skills could use some work, but overall she's pretty good.

Yes. Yes we are. There's really no other way to look at it.

Actually, no, there is another way to look at it. She is a good heel champion on Smackdown, and got the title.

If by possible, you mean she performed the Sausage Disappearing Act for her talent portion, then yes, by all means, she earned her spot. She certainly wasn't impressing anyone with her in-ring skills. Not many Divas now started as wrestlers anyway. A lot started as pieces of meat for us to lick our chops over from week to week. Eve, Layla, Kelly, Bellas, Alicia...I can go on.
And if any of those girls you listed were dating a veteran superstar, you would be up in arms about it as well. If it were Jillian dating HBK, right before winning the title, people would say it's because of that. But no, it's just because it the title off of Mickie James. Rational reasoning prevailed. It's ludicrous to say she wouldn't have a job if she weren't dating Taker, as she is FAR better than a lot of divas on the roster currently.

She's not really that entertaining. If anything she's an injury risk to herself, and eventually, to other people. They've fired guys over repeated injuries, why not women? Oh, I forgot, because she's keeping 'Taker happy during his "vacations".
Just like Batista is an injury risk. They've fired guys over repeated injuries, why not women large men?

The bottom line is that while she is not the greatest, she is passable. Divas only make up a small part of the show, and take even less spotlight now that there are two champions. Her being bad on the mic does not justify her being released. I think everyones just jealous they can't get in the Phenom's pants.

I'm sorry, what does it matter if it was during the monday night wars or not? People still stole moves. And gimmicks. Get over it. It's wrestling. I don't understand whats so offensive about it. Or are all the AJ Styles fans going to stop going to see his shows if another wrestler in another company in another division has his move?

1) Beth Phoenix is the best performer on the WWE's women's roster. Bar none. Period. I find her incredibly entertaining both in the ring and on the microphone. I hope WWE gets past its ridiculous need to have a Playboy Bunny as champ and put the belt back on a real competitor. That said, McCool is still light-years ahead of Alicia Fox, who's not being boned by anyone (that we know of) yet is still getting a massive push.

2) Seeing people bitching and moaning about McCool using the Styles Clash amuses me. In pro wrestling, people have used the same finishers throughout history. While "The Nature Boy" had the figure-four, many others also utilized it. The piledriver was Jerry Lawler's finisher, but it was also a fairly common move used by many. Jake Roberts created the DDT, but nobody bitched about it when the IWC's precious Raven stole it. Or the million other people who've used the DDT. Every fat wrestler...ever...has used the splash, but I don't hear people complaining that they're infringing on a copy right.

It's a wrestling hold. They're pretty much fair game. Only wrestlers in the same organization might want to refrain from using the same holds. Last I checked, she was not only in a different federation but a different gender division. I think AJ's career will survive.

You know, I've always thought she was bad, but in recent weeks the vast improvement shown by everyone else makes her look so much worse. She's not attrocious in the ring, but she certainly isn't very good, and in mic skills and acting, she's amongst the worst. I'm not sure she'd be out of a job if it wasn't for the fact she's Undertaken from behind every night, but she certainly wouldn't be the focus of a Smackdown's women's division which isn't really that bad.

Personally, I don't like McCool at all. She is just an annoying, skinny blonde that really brings nothing extraordinary to the table. She may be decent in the ring, but isn't any better than most Diva's in the WWE. Her mic work is obviously bad as well and she really hasn't been that good of a champ. What has she done for the women's division on SD? Nothing at all. Hopefully Beth will get the belt soon enough.

However, I don't think you can simply say that she's the champ because of Taker. Sure, that may have something to do with it, but it's not like she's that bad, Taker just gave her the push she needed to get to the top. Really, it's nothing new, I'm sure this happens in all kinds of different businesses.

McCool is good in the ring and all, but her mic skills suck and she's boring to watch during her promos. The sooner she loses the belt, the better. Then she can try to improver her mic skills.

NSL said:

So, the monday night wars were going on during the 80's? Because, I am pretty sure Sting was using that move back then. The book end was developed during Booker''s feud with The Rock on WWE programming.

Seriously, if this is your best argument for McCool's sucking, then you lose.

She is one of the most athletic girls on the roster. Her matches are better than onyone else's. She tells the heel story very well in the ring. She draws better heat than most of the men. What more do you want from her?

I don't think she is that bad on the mic either. Her persona is one of arrogance. She doesn't add much tone to her voice because nothing excites her character except herself. Whether intentional or not, it fits her character.

I think a lot of you are just jealous because Taker is fuckiner her and not you.

Michelle sucks on the mic. She has the voice of an 80 year old smoker, but that doesn't change the fact she is solid in the ring and has a solid character. She rarely has a bad match, rarely botches(same can't be said about Melina, Mickie, Maryse), and this year was probably involved in the best divas match of the year(Melina/Michelle NOC).

I honestly don't know how people can bash Michelle's in ring skills, and than praise Maryse. Maryse is hot, has amazing charsima, and is beyond fierce, but in the ring she's a clutz and very sloppy.

It's not like McCool is a Maria or The Bellas in terms of in ring performance. She's one of the top tiered divas in the ring, she just has the charisma of a paper bag. In the end McCool was getting pushed long before her and Take started going out(once Ashley left for Raw, McCool became top face, and this was before the McTaker relationship), and even after the diva search she got a immidiate role as a valet, and even when her tag team were disbanded and fired, she still got to stick around.

And how is Michelle anymore of an "injury risk" than WZ faves Melina & Maryse. Both have had numerous injuries too, and lately have been a botchy mess(well Maryse has always been but,,,).

So, the monday night wars were going on during the 80's? Because, I am pretty sure Sting was using that move back then. The book end was developed during Booker''s feud with The Rock on WWE programming.

Yes, I believe Sting started using the Scorpion Deathlock during the late '80s feud with Ric Flair. It was more or less his answer to the Figure-Four Leglock. Before adding that to his arsenal, he just had the Stinger Splash and the Press Slam. Adding a submission hold really pushed him to another level.

As for The Book End, that came before Booker's feud with The Rock. I think he started using it toward the end of WCW, when he became the World Champ. I know for a fact he used it in the match where he beat Jeff Jarrett for his first WCW World title. I can still hear Tony Schiavone over-selling it when Booker landed it on Jarrett to pick up the win and his first Word championship. Ugh!

Whereas about 4 posts ago, I shrugged off McCool using the Styles Clash, I remember my response to "The Bookend." It helped make Booker T seem like a blatant knock-off of The Rock. WCW wanted so badly to have a character like that, and since Booker was the only prominent African-American on the WCW roster, I felt like they moved him along to fill that role. It made me sad, because Booker IS capable. He just didn't get the kind of build-up to becoming World Champ that would have made him seem more credible.

In my mind, that credibility didn't REALLY come until five years into his WWE tenure, when he won King of the Ring and went on to become champ there. THEN he finally felt like he'd gotten the proper treatment to be champ.

Anyway, in defense of McCool using the Styles Clash, obviously WWE isn't trying to turn her into a clone of AJ. She's just using a wrestling hold as a finisher, and that's perfectly fine by me.

When McCool opens her mouth it makes me want to kick little babies and puppies. Ok, maybe I’m exaggerating but she is pretty terrible on the mic. I can’t stand listening to her speak. But that’s the only thing that bothers me about her aside from pretending she didn’t know AJ Styles uses the Styles Clash as his finisher. She isn’t all that bad in the ring and is a solid heel.

Anyways, I don’t think she should thank Undertaker for her still being employed. Like X said, she’d probably still be employed even if she wasn’t ‘Taker’s girlfriend. Now, what she should probably thank him for is her getting pushed. For some reason, I doubt Michelle would get pushed if she wasn’t dating Undertaker.

McCool is really bad on the mic. I don't think anybody can argue that, but she is a pretty damn good heel. She has that snobbish and cocky persona that makes you hate her. That is what being a good heel is all about. As far as wrestling goes, she's right up there on the list as far the best female wrestlers are concerned in WWE. McCool using AJ's finisher does bother me, but it happens in pro wrestling. That's just something we have to deal with. Have you all forgot that before HBK was using Sweet Chin Muisc to win world titles, Chris Adams had popularized the superkick long before him? As far as the whole "she's only where she is because she's screwing Taker argument" I'm going to have to disagree. Michelle is a very good heel. She just really needs to work on her mic skills.

I'm mixed about Michelle. On one hand, I like her because she's quite good in the ring and is getting better all the time. On the other hand, her mic skills are atrocious. I seriously cringe when she speaks, she's so dull and monotone; she's like Randy Orton except his badass intensity is swapped out for breast. Also, her using the Styles Clash annoys me. Yes, I know it's a wrestling move and is fair game, but it's just irksome.

However, she isn't that bad that her employment is solely dependent on her relationship with Taker. There are a bunch of divas way worse than her who aren't dating high profile stars and still have jobs, and I'd definitely get rid of them before even thinking about McCool. Her mic work leaves much to be desired, but her ring skills outweigh that in a division that is sorely in need of competent wrestlers.

I think Michelle McCool has actually come on leaps and bounds in the ring, I would even say her matches are watchable (at least by today's divas' standards). The problem is, she has the personality of a wet goldfish...to be fair to WWE they have given her some opportunities to speak and to demonstrate personality but the only problem is she hasn't done that! That is why her matches usually play to that horrible awkward silence which normally indicates nobody gives a shit, which is unfortunate becuase I think the woman can wrestle well indeed. I hope she manages to discover personality soon because if she does she could be really quite good in my opinion.

She stole her finisher from Styles, and didn't even give him proper credit for the move he popularized

I highly doubt that. McCool has more exposure than Styles, so it's pretty much a safe bet to assume SHE popularized it from one point of view.

actually another example comes to mind that is so similar to this and this can go in another direction. ok everyone is jumping on this saying she is only on top cause she dating Taker but the same can be said for HHH marrying and screwinig Stephanie. that's the only reason he got so much control now is because he's dating the daughter

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back